Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
lufty
Earning My Ears

Question When do you get cruise docs?

I am first timer on a Disney cruise, we are going to be on the Fantasy Jan 19th... Just wondering when the cruise docs will come? We got the information about our couple night stay at Disney before it, but haven't gotten anything on the cruise yet. So excited! Can't believe its almost here!!
lufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Skg11576
Earning My Ears

We haven't received anything yet either. 32 more days, can't wait!
Skg11576 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer

I'm curious to know the answer as well. We're less than three weeks away from our cruise! Oh, and what are the cruise docs?

Last edited by aggiegirl1234; 12-18-2012 at 08:10 AM.
aggiegirl1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Cruise documents are sent via United States Postal Service. I believe that's irrespective of where you are. I believe the update that I heard was that even documents for international guests are being shipped via USPS.

I sailed August 11 this year. Our documents were sent June 29. By the second week in July, everyone in the US in our sailing's Facebook group had received their documents and I had not. I requested another set and received them within a few days. That was about the third week in July. The ORIGINAL set that had been sent on June 29th arrived the last week of July.

So - you can expect them anywhere from 2 weeks to about a month before you sail.

I know how much it helps build the anticipation of your trip to receive the documents. But there is NOTHING in the documents you need. Luggage tags will be reissued at the port if necessary. Disney will also have in their systems if you've booked transfers and will print your vouchers at the airport. When you get to the port, all you'll need is your documentation. (Passport or photo ID and certified birth certificate) If you've done online check in, you'll also need your payment authorization form.

Hope that helps!
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

we're sailing on January 5th and we got our documents on Dec 6th, so about a month out!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiegirl1234 View Post
I'm curious to know the answer as well. We're less than three weeks away from our cruise! Oh, and what are the cruise docs?
Hey Aggiegirl, looks like we might be on the same cruise, and in the same state. I'd like to think your doc's are on the way!!! You might giver DCL a call in a week or so if they haven't arrived.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
E ticket rider
Ferb's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufty View Post
I am first timer on a Disney cruise, we are going to be on the Fantasy Jan 19th... Just wondering when the cruise docs will come? We got the information about our couple night stay at Disney before it, but haven't gotten anything on the cruise yet. So excited! Can't believe its almost here!!
Somewhere between 15-30 days prior to sailing.

"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability" - Remy
E ticket rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
aggiegirl1234
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaikalani View Post
Hey Aggiegirl, looks like we might be on the same cruise, and in the same state. I'd like to think your doc's are on the way!!! You might giver DCL a call in a week or so if they haven't arrived.
We are definitely in the same state But I'll be on the Dream. I think I will give them a call. I'm getting so anxious
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I'm with the others--docs come 3-4 weeks before the cruise BUT there are a few kickers. If you used a travel agency, the agent would have to specify whether the docs were to go directly to you or be sent to the agent. It is possible that the docs are sitting on an agent's desk!

There is NOTHING in the documents pack that you need. There are things that make your life easier, but nothing that is critical. If you've done the on line check in and printed the signature sheets, that part you have. The luggage tags are helpful to have in advance, but if you don't get the docs, tags are available at MCO (if flying with DCL transfers), from bell services at all WDW resorts (if playing there first), and at the terminal from the porters (if using private transportation/driving).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
ptcrn
Mouseketeer

We are on the jan 12 sailing and got ours about a week ago. If you are using a TA though it goes to them first. Have a great trip!

ptcrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcrn View Post
If you are using a TA though it goes to them first. Have a great trip!
Not necessarily. If you are using a TA, the TA had the ability to specify whether docs were to go to the TA or directly to the client. If you have a preference, tell the TA.

Some TAs like to get them and check that everything is right, put them in the agency's package, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
lufty
Earning My Ears

It seemed like everything was registered online already, put it always seems to make it seem more 'real' when the papers arrive So far the trip is a surprise, hoping everyone will be as excited as I am!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufty
Hey! We are on the same cruise!! We haven't gotten ours yet, but anxiously waiting
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
lufty
Earning My Ears

Do you have children going with you? We have only one, a son, so hoping he will find a friend in the club so we can check out the adult areas....
Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufty
Do you have children going with you? We have only one, a son, so hoping he will find a friend in the club so we can check out the adult areas....
We have a 13 yr old son, 9 yr old son & 6 yr old daughter. Our 5 yr old nephew & 10 yr old niece will be there too. How old is your son?
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: