Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Don't give up!!

I don't want to ask too much or go into great detail, but are you currently seeing a reproductive doc and not just a basic OB?? Have you done any IVF treatments? Look into those things if you have not yet.

Personally my wife and I tried for 1-2 years on our own before coming pregnant. I work/ed in the IVF industry and can point you in the right direction if you need suggestions or help.

-Derek
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

stay strong!

DH and I had trouble conceiving DS (kid #3). It took us almost 7 years of trying.

My favorite niece was told she could never have kids, due to a birth defect. Her DD turns one this year.

My 2nd favorite niece had a raging pelvic infection that severely damaged her uterus as a teenager--again, told she would never conceive--she has a boy (7) and a girl (3).

Another niece (what..I have 7 of them) was fine with her first baby, but the delivery ripped her uterus. Docs told her no more babies, as it could kill her. She has 2 boys now, ages 5 and 2.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Obsessed
Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Don't give up!!

I don't want to ask too much or go into great detail, but are you currently seeing a reproductive doc and not just a basic OB?? Have you done any IVF treatments? Look into those things if you have not yet.

Personally my wife and I tried for 1-2 years on our own before coming pregnant. I work/ed in the IVF industry and can point you in the right direction if you need suggestions or help.

-Derek
We are seeing a fertility doc. Today was actually our third IUI, so all fingers and toes are crossed. We have not done any IVF's yet, but we will if we have to. Doctor said everything looked perfect this cycle. I have lost 45lbs. 5 since the new year. Hoping and praying this is our time!!!
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #19
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedana
stay strong!

DH and I had trouble conceiving DS (kid #3). It took us almost 7 years of trying.

My favorite niece was told she could never have kids, due to a birth defect. Her DD turns one this year.

My 2nd favorite niece had a raging pelvic infection that severely damaged her uterus as a teenager--again, told she would never conceive--she has a boy (7) and a girl (3).

Another niece (what..I have 7 of them) was fine with her first baby, but the delivery ripped her uterus. Docs told her no more babies, as it could kill her. She has 2 boys now, ages 5 and 2.
We do our best to stay positive. I won't say there aren't days of complete breakdown where all I want to do is sit up in my room with the blinds shut and a tub of cookies and cream and bad tv. Luckily I have Celiacs so it makes it hard to eat a lot of junk food, but those days are very rare now that I have lost my weight. It makes it easier to do things to occupy my thoughts, like going out and trying on clothes in the non plus sizes.

I am praying for our miracle!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
riley2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
We are seeing a fertility doc. Today was actually our third IUI, so all fingers and toes are crossed. We have not done any IVF's yet, but we will if we have to. Doctor said everything looked perfect this cycle. I have lost 45lbs. 5 since the new year. Hoping and praying this is our time!!!
Oh, good luck to you!

As an IVFer with unexplained infertility - well they "think" it may have been due to endometriosis covering the outside of the fallopian tubes, but not sure.

Have twin boys that are because of the wonders of IVF. I think the progesterone shots for 3 months after helped them *stick*, but for some doctors, there is not hard fast evidence on this. My infertility doc felt that if the evidence was mixed, no reason not to do them. (Still, ouch! - but I'd do it again.)

Good luck to you and prayng for a "sticky bean"! (That's what we called the boys - beans this early on.)

First trip to WDW - August '08 ASM family suite
Wilderness Lodge July '09
(wondering when we'll get to go again!)
DCL, Magic from Galveston 9/2012
riley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #21
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley2008

Oh, good luck to you!

As an IVFer with unexplained infertility - well they "think" it may have been due to endometriosis covering the outside of the fallopian tubes, but not sure.

Have twin boys that are because of the wonders of IVF. I think the progesterone shots for 3 months after helped them *stick*, but for some doctors, there is not hard fast evidence on this. My infertility doc felt that if the evidence was mixed, no reason not to do them. (Still, ouch! - but I'd do it again.)

Good luck to you and prayng for a "sticky bean"! (That's what we called the boys - beans this early on.)
Thank you very much!! I will have to remember that. It's cute.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good luck!

Weight loss is always a good thing in most cases. Good news is you are doing IUI's, which means your husbands sperm samples are good(unless you insurance is making you do 3 cycles of IUI before IVF). Well if you need anything just holla!
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry you are dealing with infertility. It is very hard and people in our lives don't always comprehend what we are going through.

I knew before I married my DH I may have fertility problems, they are common in my family. We tried the mandatory 1 year without interventions, then began seeing an RE. Over 4 years, we tried Clomid 3 times, IUI twice and IVF twice with no luck. Our RE told us the entire practice reviewed our case (also unexplained) and couldn't determine why I wasn't pregnant as a 31yo. The next steps involved talks of 2-3 more IVFs with genetic testing, possible surrogacy since they wondered if I couldn't keep a pregnancy (I had an initial positive test on Clomid and IVF once each).

I told my DH I was done and didn't have much faith that anything would work, and they were offering very expensive options. We chose to adopt. We have two beautiful, precious 6yos (1 boy, 1 girl) from Guatemala that came home to us at 9mos and 6.5 mos. We can't imagine our lives without them.

My DH traveled internationally and I had no help, so we moved near my family in 2009. I was so much more relaxed as my parents are very hands on with the kids (their only grandchildren). In 2010, at the age of 35 I learned I was 10.5 weeks pregnant after feeling off for weeks and finally taking a test (I always had irregular cycles). YDS was born and very healthy. I knew I wanted a 4th child, so we took advantage of high fertility after giving birth. I was pregnant by March and delivered a healthy YDD 362 days after YDS.

Miracles do happen, so don't give up.

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct15 - Extended family trip?

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Oct14 - Sleeping Bear Dunes/Leelanau County MI, Jun15 - Black Hills/Badlands SD & Yellowstone/Grand Teton WY
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #24
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine the frustration and heartache you've gone through. The only thing I can say is - don't give up hope but do accept the possibility that you may not carry a child. They seem like contradictory terms but not really. Keep hope alive but don't let it consume you. Try to envision a life with a child (I'm sure you already have) but also try to envision a full life without a child.

My neighbor and her DH tried for YEARS to get pregnant. Unfortunately, they split and she found someone else. About 2 years with the new guy, still not pregnant, she FINALLY accepted that she would probably never have a child. Went in for some sort of procedure when the doctor needed to be sure she wasn't preggo beforehand and guess what? Her sweet son was born this past June.

On the flip side, unfortunately, my ex-SIL never did have a baby. She tried and tried but it just never happened for her. Her second husband had a grown child from a previous marriage so she's now enjoying her grandkids.

Stay strong, OP. I so hope the stars align for you.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #25
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this is not as terrible as what some of you are going through, and I'm sorry for everyone's loss and bad ills. I just have no where else to turn. I don't have many friends, and none of my family is there for me.

DH and I have been trying for seven years to have a baby. We have been pregnant three times and lost each one by week 8. We were seeing a fertility doctor about three years ago who did nothing but give us medicines. My grandfather passed so we put everything on hold. We are on our fourth month of seeing a new doctor, I had been battling a thyroid disorder I had no clue about and for the last year has been on track through help of synthroid. I have lost 40lbs since January. I was just told that there really is no explanation as too why I cannot get pregnant, or then maintain a pregnancy. I have went from thisreason to that reason to now it is unexplained. I feel like it is never going to happen for us.
I not a doctor but have hope. I had four miscarriages after my first child and now I have three year old twins, conceived naturally. My on said if I had enough resolve I would eventually carry to term. I did take progesterone and baby aspirin. Ask your doctor. And be well. I won't tell you to relax because I used to hate that. Keep trying.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth
I know this is not as terrible as what some of you are going through, and I'm sorry for everyone's loss and bad ills. I just have no where else to turn. I don't have many friends, and none of my family is there for me.

DH and I have been trying for seven years to have a baby. We have been pregnant three times and lost each one by week 8. We were seeing a fertility doctor about three years ago who did nothing but give us medicines. My grandfather passed so we put everything on hold. We are on our fourth month of seeing a new doctor, I had been battling a thyroid disorder I had no clue about and for the last year has been on track through help of synthroid. I have lost 40lbs since January. I was just told that there really is no explanation as too why I cannot get pregnant, or then maintain a pregnancy. I have went from thisreason to that reason to now it is unexplained. I feel like it is never going to happen for us.
I feel your pain. We tr for seven years before we got pregnant, with one miscarriage the year before the pregnancy that stuck. My wife had to be a walking pharmacy to ensure our son made it. Femara is the drug that helped us get pregnant and then my wife had to stay on her thyroid medication as well as metformin to keep everything ok. There were a few other drugs in there I think but Femara and Metformin were the two that helped conception and making sure he stayed and grew healthy. Don't give up, my wife and I are proof it can happen! Our thoughts and prayers are with you that one day you'll hold a sweet little angel in your arms to love for the rest of your life.
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #27
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck80

I feel your pain. We tr for seven years before we got pregnant, with one miscarriage the year before the pregnancy that stuck. My wife had to be a walking pharmacy to ensure our son made it. Femara is the drug that helped us get pregnant and then my wife had to stay on her thyroid medication as well as metformin to keep everything ok. There were a few other drugs in there I think but Femara and Metformin were the two that helped conception and making sure he stayed and grew healthy. Don't give up, my wife and I are proof it can happen! Our thoughts and prayers are with you that one day you'll hold a sweet little angel in your arms to love for the rest of your life.
I appreciate your prayers, And I love hearing stories of people with the same issues having succeeded. I am currently on metformin 5 years, synthroid 1 year baby aspirin 3 months. Femara-3rd month pregnyl-1st month. Prayers-6 1/2 years!!! Hoping this is our year. My team is finally in the Super Bowl so, I feel it is our year for many splendid things!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #28
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Niners or Ravens?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #29
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck80
Niners or Ravens?
Ravens. Every year at the beginning of football season I tell everyone, this is our year. We are going back!! This year it finally happened.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #30
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

Niners fan here! We haven't been since '94! Though the Ravens are my AFC team...... I like them mostly because of Dennis Pitta, he attended the college I root for. So even losing won't be too disappointing.....but still want my Niners to come away with #6!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: