Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
TIGGER'SFRIEND
Michaiyla's Gramma !!!!!!! There's no place like home ( unless your at WDW)
Green is my favorite color
So fascinated with a stalking Tag Fairy that she stole her son's laptop!

Was unable to pick up my park hoppers early

I was unable to pick up my park hoppers early--my package was set for 12/10 for free dining at POP. I came in on 12/8 and stayed 2 nites at AOA (Little Mermaid room only) AOA could not give my tickets early so I went to the Magic Kingdom as that was my park choice for our first day. I went to Guest services, explained what I wanted-she asked for my ID but for some reason was not able to give me my tickets-she knew I really wanted to get into the park for the castle lighting so she actually gave me one day PH pass for all 4 of us--Thank you Michelle!!
So for anyone out there planning on getting their tickets early don't count on it.
For Sunday I just exchanged my MVMCP tickets from Tues, costing me an additional $25 because she did a refund and repurchase so I ended up paying the same day price. At least we were able to exchange. I had BOG ressies for 6:30pm and did not want to miss that. It was a nerve wracking start to a wonderful week!!!

POP Century 11/13 & 4/14 & 12/14
Disneyland-HoJo's 4/12 AOA 12/12 POP 12/12
Disneyland Hotel 2/11 POP Century 12/11
POP & Wilderness Lodge 12/10
POP CENTURY 9/08,12/08,9/09 CBR 12/09
ASmu 12/07,POP 12/06,12/05,12/04 POP CENTURY 12/14/2003 ORIGINAL GUEST
PO/FQ 2002,MANY OFFSITE VISITS
TIGGER'SFRIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER'SFRIEND View Post
I was unable to pick up my park hoppers early--my package was set for 12/10 for free dining at POP. I came in on 12/8 and stayed 2 nites at AOA (Little Mermaid room only) AOA could not give my tickets early so I went to the Magic Kingdom as that was my park choice for our first day. I went to Guest services, explained what I wanted-she asked for my ID but for some reason was not able to give me my tickets-she knew I really wanted to get into the park for the castle lighting so she actually gave me one day PH pass for all 4 of us--Thank you Michelle!!
So for anyone out there planning on getting their tickets early don't count on it.
For Sunday I just exchanged my MVMCP tickets from Tues, costing me an additional $25 because she did a refund and repurchase so I ended up paying the same day price. At least we were able to exchange. I had BOG ressies for 6:30pm and did not want to miss that. It was a nerve wracking start to a wonderful week!!!
That's a shame, it's always been reported you could get them early. Wonder what happened. How long were you in BOG? I wouldn't have been thrilled to spend that much party time in a restaurant (even BOG).

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Gosh I really wish you knew the reason she couldn't do it! That would make all the difference.

Seems you did it right:

Quote:
In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park or DTD Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up. (Note this cannot be done at a water park.)

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort.
So that "for whatever reason" reason is really the crux of the matter.

Glad she gave you the one day tickets, though...WOW. Serious value there!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Wow, I wonder if we will finally see a change to this policy going forward. Sorry things didn't work out for you.

We just got back and were able to get our tickets 3 days early. Not without some worry though. Last year they gave us our tickets 2 days early at the Pop Century (room only, followed by a free dining package both at that resort). Same deal with AoA this year. Room only followed by package in that location. Our package also started on the 10th.

The morning of the 7th I went to the concierge desk of AoA (a very long hike from our LM room) and was told they can only do early ticket pickup 24 hours early. I was worried but knew that doing it at the resort was iffy. So I hoofed it back to our room, gathered our group and headed for the MK.

We went to Guest Relations where they told me they could indeed issue our tickets early. But we stood at that Guest Relations window for a full 30 minutes before we finally got it done. Turns out the GR CM mistakenly printed the tickets back at AoA. They ended up giving us a 1 day pass to enter, then we picked up the tickets back at the room that night.

I was really sweating it that entire time.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER'SFRIEND View Post
I was unable to pick up my park hoppers early--my package was set for ...
For all I know they botched something backstage (the computer screen at the ticket window 2 feet from your face but facing the other way is backstage). But they achieved the same outward result by issuing you complimentary tickets.

Please don't rub it in. Just enter the park and consider the case closed.

If it was 2 or 3 days before check in and you want to go to the parks again 1 or 2 days before check in respectively, just report to the park again as before and don't mention what happened the day before except to answer specific questions they ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The morning of the 7th I went to the concierge desk of AoA (a very long hike from our LM room) and was told they can only do early ticket pickup 24 hours early. I was worried but knew that doing it at the resort was iffy. So I hoofed it back to our room, gathered our group and headed for the MK.

We went to Guest Relations where they told me they could indeed issue our tickets early. But we stood at that Guest Relations window for a full 30 minutes before we finally got it done. Turns out the GR CM mistakenly printed the tickets back at AoA. They ended up giving us a 1 day pass to enter, then we picked up the tickets back at the room that night.
Hmmm. Maybe the CM thinked to hisself, "What happens if I try to print tickets more than 24 hours early." Lo and behold it worked then he mutters under his breath, "I'll put the tickets over at our resort will-call in case the guest comes back tomorrow to ask." Not realizing that it gummed up the works over at Magic Kingdom for you.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 12-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
jmm476
DIS Veteran

We had the same issue on 12/8 as well. We had a package starting on 12/10 with tickets. On 12/8, we went to Guest Relations at Epcot to pick up our tickets and were unable to. They said a computer upgrade had occured the day before and was causing issues with early ticket pickup. They told me to check at my hotel desk that night so we wouldn't have to wait at MK guest relations on 12/9.

Both Guest Relations and the concierge desk at POR were able to help me, but not with an early ticket pickup. I was wondering if the new ticket system upgrade was purposely not allowing it anymore, but no one told me I couldn't do this going forward... Maybe Cheshire Figment can weigh in?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
On 12/8, we went to Guest Relations at Epcot to pick up our tickets and were unable to. They said a computer upgrade had occured the day before and was causing issues with early ticket pickup. They told me to check at my hotel desk that night so we wouldn't have to wait at MK guest relations on 12/9.

Both Guest Relations and the concierge desk at POR were able to help me, but not with an early ticket pickup. I was wondering if the new ticket system upgrade was purposely not allowing it anymore, but no one told me I couldn't do this going forward... Maybe Cheshire Figment can weigh in?
But checking at your hotel desk would be of questionable value because the procedure calls for going to the park to do early ticket pickup.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
I was wondering if the new ticket system upgrade was purposely not allowing it anymore...
Nope.

(There wouldn't be a need to change the computer system to change a policy, anyway.)
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

This is very interesting. We checked into Pop on 12/8, but our packages didn't start until 12/10 with our POR stay. We went to MK on 12/8, as well. I was able to pick up tickets for both my husband and me, as was my father for him, my mother, and my sister. We did have trouble with my grandmother's stay, though, but they attributed that to my grandfather cancelling at the last minute (3:00 on the 7th) and him being the name on the reservation (and my goodness was that a mess that I will talk about in my trip report), as well as the upgrade to their computer system. However, since they could tell that she had a reservation, Liz from Chicago was a fantastic cast member and just gave my grandmother 2 free park hopper tickets.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
But checking at your hotel desk would be of questionable value because the procedure calls for going to the park to do early ticket pickup.
Agreed. I only did that because Epcot Guest Relations told me to try it and I figured it would be a short wait to find out. Boy was I wrong, since it required the manager's assistance and he was dealing with some irate guests. The cast member told me I could be seated in the lobby until the manager was done and I about fell asleep I was waiting so long. But at least I didn't have to wait in a long line at the MK Guest Relations the next morning.
WDW Commando Member #75

Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
This is very interesting. We checked into Pop on 12/8, but our packages didn't start until 12/10 with our POR stay. We went to MK on 12/8, as well. I was able to pick up tickets for both my husband and me, as was my father for him, my mother, and my sister. We did have trouble with my grandmother's stay, though, but they attributed that to my grandfather cancelling at the last minute (3:00 on the 7th) and him being the name on the reservation (and my goodness was that a mess that I will talk about in my trip report), as well as the upgrade to their computer system. However, since they could tell that she had a reservation, Liz from Chicago was a fantastic cast member and just gave my grandmother 2 free park hopper tickets.
That is really weird that we were trying this on the same day with different results! I will add to my story that when I finally got to the Epcot GR window (after a 30 minute wait) that the cast member did not even attempt it. She said they had tried it earlier and it wasn't working because of the computer upgrade. She had me fill out a form and issued me 1 day passes.

It's good to know that it was still working for some. I guess there's no reason to be concerned about attempting early pickup again in the future.
WDW Commando Member #75

Old 12-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
That is really weird that we were trying this on the same day with different results! I will add to my story that when I finally got to the Epcot GR window (after a 30 minute wait) that the cast member did not even attempt it. She said they had tried it earlier and it wasn't working because of the computer upgrade. She had me fill out a form and issued me 1 day passes.

It's good to know that it was still working for some. I guess there's no reason to be concerned about attempting early pickup again in the future.
That is really weird. I mean, same day, same park, and different results? That just seems like a bad thing, in my opinion. Tells me that there is no way to really prepare - you could get either result if you try to pick them up early.

I do have to say that I am really glad I was able to pick up my tickets. We had a trip planned for me, DH, DD2, mom, dad, sister, grandmother, grandfather, BFF of sister and her husband and two kids. BFF of sister was wanting to save every penny possible and was hesitant to get the extra days of park hoppers since the phone operator told her she couldn't pick up the tickets early. She was arguing with me about it and telling me that I didn't know what I was taking about and that I was just citing some random poster (Cheshire Figment) on some random website (the dis). It irritated me since she was asking my advice about everything else about her vacation, but was certain I was an idiot about this. I would have really been embarrassed if we had been part of the group that coudln't pick up tickets early - and would likely have never heard the end of it. As is, she apologized, told me that I must know what I am talking about, and asked me to help her plan her next trip.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
That is really weird. I mean, same day, same park, and different results? That just seems like a bad thing, in my opinion. Tells me that there is no way to really prepare - you could get either result if you try to pick them up early.
The remedy is to be armed with the latest info HERE on this forum.**
Then, if the CM is reluctant to do the deed, just thank that CM, and quietly head for another ticketing location.

** Knowing that if anything is posted here incorrectly, it will generally only be a matter of minutes before other posters will come along to correct the gaffe.

With the kind of "peer-reviewed" and current info you can get here, you can be a well-informed guest.

Last edited by Robo; 12-18-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo Gigio
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?

We checked into CSR room-only reservation around 8:30pm on 12/7. Our other reservation with free dining and park hoppers didn't start until 12/10.

I had no problems getting our park passes on 12/7. When I checked out and back in on the morning of 12/10, they consolidated everything onto our new KTTW cards.
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
The remedy is to be armed with the latest info HERE on this forum.**
Then, if the CM is reluctant to do the deed, just thank that CM, and quietly head for another ticketing location.

** Knowing that if anything is posted here incorrectly, it will generally only be a matter of minutes before other posters will come along to correct the gaffe.

With the kind of "peer-reviewed" and current info you can get here, you can be a well-informed guest.

If things hadn't worked out for us at MK, I was thinking I would head for GR at DTD. I was prepared with a printout of CF's info on early ticket pick-up. But I have to admit..... I was sweating it just a little. It went so easily last year that I didn't have a back-up plan for this year.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: