Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #16
Shamali
Earning My Ears

For now,yes, it's OKW.
This is because we book through the British site, and they have amazing offers at OKW or SSR. Since the rooms at OKW are larger we're staying there. We always go for at least 2 weeks, so you want a little space to move around.
If the British site stops having those stacked offers we will most likely stay offsite.

Mom 29 Dad 30 DS5 DS4 DD1
Shamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 AM   #17
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

The only two resorts onsite we have stayed at are Fort Wilderness and Shades of Green. I would stay at Shades of Green as long as we are eligible because it is a great value for a beautiful property and the location is great.
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #18
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

We've only been twice and stayed at the Port Orleans resorts. As much as we love them, we decided to stay at AKL next year.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #19
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at almost all of them, but I do have my favorites. I book based on what I want out of the trip. For example, I stay in the Epcot resorts area in December because it's close to two parks that do lots of holiday stuff. In September I typically book a studio villa in case of a storm. In hot weather I like resorts all in one building, but I don't mind separate buildings in the cooler months.

If you aren't sure if you will like a particular resort, try a split stay with a night or two at the new resort. You might just find a new favorite!
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

We were always staying at POR/POFQ. This time, just to be different, we did a split stay at Pop and ASMo. I was pleasantly surprised by all that Pop had to offer. ASMo, not so much - nice resort but gift shop and food court were small. I also liked Pop because AoA was just across the bridge and we could eat at their food court, too, and have completely different selections. As far as the boat to DTD from POR/POFQ, we always have our car with us at WDW, so driving to DTD went OK. I think next time I will do a full stay at Pop - it was that good.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

We used to stay at different resorts on every trip. The last few times we found ourselves saying, 'wish we had stayed at Beach Club.' So it's Beach Club for us now every time; dance with who brought you.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #22
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStiffler
Just curious to see who stays at the same resort each time and who changes it up and why?

I'm torn between going back to POR again or trying something new. (I'd hate to be disappointed) lol :-)
We generally stay at the same resorts now because we know we like them and like you, do not want to be disappointed. The only place we haven't been that I want to try is the AKV.

Last edited by cluvsdisney; 12-18-2012 at 07:40 PM.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #23
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Lots of variables in my decisions:

WHO's going
Is anyone splitting the room cost with me
How long are we going for
Will we be renting a car

I've done my WDW vacations just about everyway there is: Value,Mod,Deluxe,DD and offsite, rent a car, magical express, hire a driver.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #24
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Over the years I've stayed many places, starting w the Polynesian when I was ten! Since I've stayed at CBR, BC and AoA. I've also stayed offsite a handful of times. We've dined at several resorts too, there are so many I want to try. Budget unfortunately is the big deciding factor. Next time we go I'm planning on booking the Polynesian - book a few years in advance and chip away at it. The last two times we wished we stayed there and next time we will! The thing I love about staying at different places is it feels like a whole new place each time.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #25
cgattis
DIS Veteran

I'd eventually like to try all the deluxes and mods. Done Poly, POR, CBR, BC, SoG, and Dolphin so far; have a long way to go! (Also several off-site Marriott stays.). Budget is usually the main driver, but also try to stay whereever is convenient to whichever parks we plan to be in most. Next trip we decided to try renting points at AKV, which turned out cheaper than S/D! Really want to try CR on either a Halloween or Christmas trip for walking to/from MK.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #26
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

We used to mainly stay at the values (with a Poly and Ft. Wilderness stay thrown in) but we have mixed it up a lot more lately. My younger brother and I want to try and stay at all of the on property resorts. However, now that I have stayed Deluxe a few times, I don't want to go back!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #27
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

My goal is to stay at every Moderate and Deluxe resort. So for I have all the mods except CSR and I have stayed at AKV and will be staying at BCV in July. After that, probably going to try VWL for Christmas
Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #28
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
We are fans of splits stays! We try a new resort each time, but then we finish up the trip at Animal Kingdom Lodge. That way we get to try a new place, but we also get to end the trip somewhere we know we love!
We pretty much do the same thing except its the wilderness lodge that's a must for us.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #29
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

We like to change it up & try new places. It also depends on the kind of trip we do. (parks or no parks) We often repeat resorts too because we have our favorites. You can see from my signature we've stayed at a lot of different resorts but not all of them, yet!
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #30
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStiffler View Post
Just curious to see who stays at the same resort each time and who changes it up and why?

I'm torn between going back to POR again or trying something new. (I'd hate to be disappointed) lol :-)
we have stayed at all values apart from aoa.
also por,ssr and okw.

okw was our favourite,loved the size of the villa(2bed),the facilities onsite and the general ambience of the resort.
would love to return,but it's now out of our budget.

next trip we're booked for pofq.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: