Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #1396
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Wishing our DISfriends a very happy Easter!

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #1397
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up! I love the view from your room at BWV! We had a non-clown pool view in October but I think your non-clown pool view tops ours! Fantastic!
It really was a fantastic view. I could stay there during every visit. Normally I like to change resorts and room views, but that was just too perfect!

Quote:
MEK - Sorry about your tummy issues... I have similar issues & find that I have to watch what I eat at Disney. Once my stomach turns on me, it's grumpy for the rest of the vacation. I eat a lot of salads at home & have to seek them out at Disney in order to keep my system stable. I hope you didn't have any other issues.
I eat a lot of salad at home, too. In addition to that I eat very basic meals at home. Everything at Disney is a bit more indulgent so it occasionally catches up with me. That was the only issue I had and fortunately it was very short lived.

Quote:
Off to a fun start at AK!
I think so too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Just catching up here! I am loving the FW pictures, it is so pretty. I love the story of the TR title, Gaston is quite an arrogant fellow so I'm sure he wasn't too thrilled that someone could be more interesting than him
FW is a beautiful area. I am so glad we were able to see it during our visit. I agree, Gaston is quite arrogant, but it was also a pretty fun interaction. We all got a chuckle out of it!

Quote:
That LTT veggie burger looks delicious! I've only ever gone to LTT for dinner, but I might have to try it at lunch after seeing that!
I love lunch at LTT. I think its fun to have a sit down lunch and I like the variety on their lunch menu. I have to tell you though - I really did not care for that veggie burger and I generally love veggie burgers. It was just very bland and tasteless. I hope they change it to something a little tastier.

Quote:
ETA: Also, what a gorgeous view at BWI! I don't think I cold get sick of that one.
I know I could never get sick of that view. It was really beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Happy Easter to all my Dis Friends

Thanks Rosie! I love it! I hope you have a wonderful Easter as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Well.... considering EE is one of the BEST roller coasters in all WDW - the front seat is the best place to be. I like to be in the front for the end of the rail photos as well as being able to see the track flip inside the cavern.
I have to agree. I love RnR, but for overall theme and views EE is really the best. It is really cool to see the track from the front row. I love that!

Quote:
I can NEVER get such great photos on the ride. I don't think I have one photo of the Yeti. Great job riding it twice so early in the day.
The last time I rode it and took pictures we were stopped at the Yeti forever so I got a ton of pictures. In fact, we were there so long I started to get nervous. But this time it was like - Hi Yeti and then - whoosh - we were off again.

Quote:
Have a blessed weekend MK!
Thanks! You too Brenda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
Mary Ellen - love the update. Agree 100% - EE front row is best front row in Disney. Great pictures.
Thanks! EE front row is almost a requirement for me. It doesn't take that long to wait for it, so why not! It's awesome!

Quote:
Hoping for Jambo house for you in October. Next to BC / YC - think AKL might be my favorite - it is a totally different feel. The one drawback is not having the easy walk or monorail to the parks, but we really enjoyed our couple of stays there when the boys were younger.
I am really hoping that I will end up with BC/BWV for the first 3 nights of the trip, then AKL Jambo for the second half. I just don't have enough points for an Epcot resort for the entire trip since we are taking another couple with us for the second half. I think the standard view AKL villas are such an great DVC bargain and I love the entire resort.

Quote:
Look forward to the 6th at our hopeful UD Dis meet!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Wishing our DISfriends a very happy Easter!

Karin - that is just too cute! OMG! I love it! I hope you have a wonderful EAster as well.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #1398
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Mary Ellen !!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #1399
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Happy Easter Mary Ellen !!!!!
Same to you Pat! Hope you have a great day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #1400
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

ah roller coaster pics. I don't do Roller Coasters lol. Great pics though. Happy Easter
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #1401
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAPPY EASTER!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #1402
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great update I'm going to try and stay current now that I'm caught up. I've said it before but I'll say it again, you're a brave lady taking pictures on EE!

Happy Easter!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #1403
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #1404
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
ah roller coaster pics. I don't do Roller Coasters lol. Great pics though. Happy Easter
I'm glad you appreciate coaster pics even though you're not a fan! I just love taking pictures on EE. Such a great ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Happy Easter
Thank you! Same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
HAPPY EASTER!

Thanks Lisa! That's adorable! I love it!

(Every holiday I say I am going to get a cute little sticky and I never do it. I'm so lame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great update I'm going to try and stay current now that I'm caught up. I've said it before but I'll say it again, you're a brave lady taking pictures on EE!
Thanks Pam! There are actually a couple rides I am afraid to take pictures on and ToT is one of them. I am afraid my camera will float right up over my head, although I know it can be done. I've seen proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Happy Easter!
Thanks! Same to You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Happy Easter!!
Thanks Camille! Same to you!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #1405
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Responding from my phone. In my opinion nothing goes better with rum than a coke ! Or vice versa!
And lime???

Great update from AK! Nothing like having a very empty park to enjoy! And the front seat on EE is the best! Great shots during your ride.

Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I hope you and your families all had a very Happy Easter!!!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #1406
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Happy Easter!!!!

That totally would be an outfit that Claire would wear. I love it.
Those lanterns are in the dump shot. I have tried to photograph them too.

Fun update. We love EE too. It's one of Claire's new favorites.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #1407
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
And lime???
Yes - lime is good!

Quote:
Great update from AK! Nothing like having a very empty park to enjoy! And the front seat on EE is the best! Great shots during your ride.
The park was very empty over in Asia that morning. But, it filled up fast. I absolutely love front row on EE. It's just so darn cool! My favorite front row seat!

Quote:
Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I hope you and your families all had a very Happy Easter!!!
Thanks. Same to you!

I know that Cynthia must be very busy now with Easter and I think she has a work trip this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Happy Easter!!!!
Same to you Jen! I hope you and your family had an awesome day!

Quote:
That totally would be an outfit that Claire would wear. I love it.
Isn't it adorable? I can just picture her in that! So darn cute!

Quote:
Those lanterns are in the dump shot. I have tried to photograph them too.
Thank you for clarifying. I thought they were there, but since I have had quite a few senior moments on this trip, I started to second guess myself.

Quote:
Fun update. We love EE too. It's one of Claire's new favorites.
That's great to hear that Claire is enjoying EE. I am a little sad that only one (out of four) of my nephews really likes the ride. The rest of the boys aren't really into thrill rides and, sadly, I don't think that is going to change.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #1408
MEK
DIS Veteran

So Devine!

Hey DIS friends. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter or Passover or just a nice weekend in general. I did a lot of music this past week, which was actually pretty nice. Nicholas went with me to the Good Friday service at our church and he really seemed to enjoy it. Afterwards we went out to dinner. That was nice considering I won't have my baby around much longer. *sniff sniff*

Brian came home for one night (Saturday) and the boys and I had Easter dinner with my parents yesterday. That was especially nice since Brian doesn't get to see his grandparents too often given the distance between his school and their house.

In other news, I rebooked our October 31st - November 4th stay at a two bedroom standard view at the Jambo House. We are cruising with another couple and they will be coming back to Disney with us for 4 nights after the cruise. Originally we were in two studios at VWL. But for 12 more points I booked the villa at Jambo House. I have never stayed at Jambo House (only Kidani). I did some investigation and I think that only two of the standard view villas have a parking lot view, so I requested a pool view. Fingers crossed. Of course, after seeing Cynthia's reclassified Jambo view, I would be equally happy with that.

Sooooooooooooooooo - I know Cynthia has not updated yet and I think she is really busy right now between the Easter holiday and an upcoming business trip. Since I'm not quite as busy, and I will be in HHI next week, I thought I would do another update today and again at the end of the week. Then I was hoping that Cynthia can catch up with her updates while I won't be posting.

But who knows - Maybe she will surprise us with one this week!

Fortunately, my updates really aren't covering massive amounts of territory. They are very picture heavy. There's a shock!

So I bring to you It's Devine! Oh - and if you missed my previous update from 3/29 see p91 for front row EE pictures!

After EE Cynthia and I discussed what we wanted to do next. I told her the only thing I hadn't done in awhile was take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. She told me, "go ahead". What I forgot was that Cynthia had a bad incident happen to her while on the train. Cynthia has no desire to accompany me because I believe there was some type of medical emergency or something which kept her and her gang stranded on a train for quite awhile. Not surprisingly, she did not want to accompany me. And, quite honestly, I didn't want to go all that bad.

We started walking in the general direction of the Safari and who did we run into but Devine! I love Devine. I think she is so pretty.

There is something about her that is so ethereal! I can't help staring at her.

It's easy to get fixated on her face and her coat of foliage.

Leave to Disney to think of something as unique as Devine.

It's probably not all that fun to be Devine in the heat of the summer, but otherwise it looks like a cool job

I never did manage a good body shot, so I'll stick with head shots

After our visit with Devine I decided that I was really in need of some "good eats". I was hungry.

My breakfast

It was really good and I think it was only around $5, so a great bargain as well.

Fortunately I found just what I was looking for and a very pleasant spot to sit down and eat.

I have never sat back here before. But there weren't many people around in this morning, so it looked like the perfect spot.

We saw this CM who was enjoying talking with this family

They were both very friendly

and getting ready for a gig

I sat in that little alcove area for quite awhile. I think Cynthia may have been off shopping, but all I felt like doing was chilling. That's not like me to waste that much park time, but what they heck - I had no place to go and I was taking time to "smell the roses, so to speak"!

AT this point we both concurred that there was really nothing we wanted to do in AK and we were ready to move on. We started heading towards the front of the park.

Cynthia wanted to stop in the stores near the Tree of Life. I decided to walk around the tree of life while she was shopping. There is a little path that leads behind the tree, so off I went.

Continued In Next Post

Last edited by MEK; 04-01-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #1409
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

I was a little disappointed with my trip around the tree path. It seemed like some of it was roped off or diverted or something. I was really bummed because I couldn't see nearly as many tree "carvings" as I had hoped for.

I couldn't find many "carvings", but I did find some other stuff to photograph

Before I knew it I was in front of the tree

I met back up with Cynthia somewhere around here. I can't wait to see her T-shirt pictures from her most recent shopping expedition.

We headed to the front of the park to catch a bus back to the Bordwalk

I always feel sad when I leave the AK because I know I won't be back for awhile. Bye AK. I miss you!

Continued In Next Post

Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #1410
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

We decided to get off at the Dolphin (the first stop) and walk over to Epcot.

It was a gorgeous day and warming up nicely.

Judging by my pictures we may have decided to stop back at the room briefly. I know I needed to unload one of my shirts

The message from today's sky writers was

First time I've seen that.

Today was one of those days where you couldn't help thinking "what a great life" The life message was not lost on me!

How great does this water look?

A little sliver of the creepy clown!

Up Next…..Kerry Gold and Eating our Way Around the World Showcase

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: