Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #1351
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Well, you might have made it a little bit earlier if you'd hadn't taken the time for coffee.
Pretty sure no one wants to see either of us before or without coffee

Quote:
Hadn't thought about that part of it. That would really be frustrating to have all that rum and not be able to put it to use.
Exactly, neither of us really wanted to spend $10 on a beverage when we could make one for free. Clearly we caved.

Quote:
Thtat really would be nice. Maybe one of these days, I'll get a chance to stay at one of the Boardwalk/Epcot area resorts.

It is indeed. And at least your view is from an angle that the creepy clown can't ruin your verandah experience!
He's really not creepy at all once you are at the pool. I actually absolutely loved the whole pool area and vibe, both from the verandah and from the deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Loving all the t-shirt pics. I'm going to have to keep an eye out now for the retro one with the monorail.

Also, great pics of the resort and view. I'm really looking forward to my boardwalk stay and seeing pictures of the resort help to build the excitement.
Epcot had a great selection overall I though, better than most other spots. I can't wait to stay at the Boardwalk again in Dec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
When will you be going to F&W?! I see your cruise ticker..is that a combo trip? I'm PRAYING that we'll be able to go the week of October 7th. I'm booked at BLT just in case
October is such a great time, I hope it works out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Fantastic view! You guys hit the jackpot.
We did!

Quote:
Hey, as long as you don't have to look at his face, I agree!
He's surprisingly non creepy once you are at the pool.

Quote:
Impressive dexterity, especially if he's already had a few.
The holding them didn't faze me as much (I waited tables for way too many years) but given the crowds in the WS that night I just kept envisioning someone running into him

Quote:
NO!! Already?
I know. Watch, we will finish this one (Mary Ellen is on a timeframe lol!) before I finish my August TR!

Although in fairness, that trip WAS twice as long

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I fell behind but am all caught up again. Problem is, I forgot just about everything that I wanted to comment on. How 'bout...neat pictures of all the t-shirts from around the world. I had to laugh at the "brought back the high school years" memories because that's exactly what I was thinking.
I know that feeling well!

I had the biggest dopiest grin on while listening to Surrivor, as did MANY people around me. Fun memories and they sounded pretty good.

I was really happy there was one place that has ALL the WS t's in one place, versus visiting each pavillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
You women are always setting those unreasonably high and unattainable standards..........
Yep, pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Awesome updates, ladies.

Your view is absolutely spectacular and I certainly wouldn't mind that view in December (as long as I can't see the clown I'd be okay!).
He is really not creepy at all once you are there. But there are also 2 lovely non clown pools and other views that can be requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
A great selection of t-shirts Cynthia and I still can't wait to see which one(s) was/were the winner.
I am thinking a contest may be in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Great view from your BW balcony! Hate to hear about the tummy troubles later that evening.

LOVE the nation World Showcase shirts.
And they are super soft! Really nice T's. I loved our view.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #1352
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Unattainable standards??? ......

Not sure that being like Bo will get you that harem..... You sure you can stand that still and hold that Coke???
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That's what we women do! But, I guess it can go both ways.
Quote:
Yeah - what SHE said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yep, pretty much.
Just no winning sometimes, it seems.............

Quote:
It's quite possible that any adult beverages involved led to my complete state of confusion. I know that Cynthia's trip around the world showcase certainly looks more interesting than whatever I did.
You'll have to clue me in on what you had (if that tidbit of info isn't already gone too.......). Or maybe Cynthia might remember!
Sounds like I may need to try it next time I'm there!!!

Quote:
By the comments on the TR I think you have made a reasonable assumption. Of course, standing in the hot sun while holding a beverage and never drinking it might prove to be just a tad difficult.......just a tad!
Well at least you didn't crush ALL my hope.........
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #1353
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
so I know ure at home noe but can I just protest the end of this vacation ,because i don't really want this tr to end i like having both points of view
I wanted to protest the end of the vacation too! Lots still to come actually, Mary Ellen had 2 fulls days still and I had a day and a half, actually a little more than that.

See, and folks were worried our updates would be identical...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yup! That view will work!

So much to look at. But I can't help notice that the pool looks pretty empty for 4-ish. The slide looks fun- I especially like that it is not an enclosed slide.
I like that aspect of the slide a lot, the boys are DYING for next Dec to go on it. Hopefully some of our 6 nights there will have warm enough days for it.

It's quite a large pool area and yes, pretty quiet every time we looked or were there. Not deserted but a very calm lovely level of kids and adults. Just perfect. Another reason to give it a thumbs up if you ask me. I will be curious to see what it is is like during other seasons.

Quote:
Nice shopping expedition Cynthia! Great shirts. I'm drawn to the retro ones. My DH had an EPCOT shirt from our first visit in 1983 (when we were high school seniors and sweethearts)
Aww....I think you both need a new one! I really liked the retro ones a lot. There were more, I only took snaps of ones I thought they would like. Which really means I only took shots of ones that were mostly blue.

Eric LOVES blue. And I didn't see them appealing in general to Evan so much.

Quote:
Dinner looked fantastic! I haven't been to FF (or any signatures for that matter) but all I hear is raves about this place.

I liked both of your cell phone pictures from Illuminations. Mary Ellen- that 3rd one is really interesting. And at least there isn't a witch in a hat ruining all of your photos!
FF was F! As in Fabulous and fantastic!

Not too horrible for cell phones

Quote:
The International Gateway Rocks! If they had a t-shirt that said that, I would totally buy it!
They should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Ladies, if you add pre-biotics too, it helps to calm down the cilia before you eat, and then the pro-biotics help with digestion. I was selling a supplement that had sa combo of both to take once a day. Not selling it anymore, but still order. PM me if you want info.
Thanks Tammie, (and sorry to everyone elee as I'm sure this is way too much TMI) I've been on and off probiotics over the last few years. It helps some but honestly the best thing for me regardless is just avoiding certain things that I know are triggers. It has been interesting to see those foods/beverages change a bit as I've gotten older but if I simply focus on soluble fibers it makes a huge difference, far far more than anything else. Giving up carbonation wasn't a huge loss and though I miss the taste of beer, I don't miss how it made me feel, at all which makes it a pretty easy thing to give up. I can do anything occasionally, just have to be careful not to overdo it with stuff I know I'll be sorry for later (food and wine and cruises can be easy to blow it lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Love your view at Boardwalk Villas! Marlene has announced that that's where she wants to stay when we go on her graduation WDW visit (like Lauren's), which suits me just fine.
Smart girl!

Quote:
I'll be getting to my Flying Fish chapter soon, but <spoiler alert> we loved it!

Survivor at Eat to the Beat. A while back James was hooked on "Eye of the Tiger" for some reason. I had to tell him that it just plain isn't a very good song. So now, he's switched to humming "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. I had to explain that they use it on Youtube vidoes because it's so lame. Does this kid have no taste? Is all of my time playing the Beatles for him in vain??
I have a huge soft spot for Eye of the Tiger. It was our main routine at Cheerleading camp lol. I was serious with the HS dejavu.

It IS possible to enjoy Eye of the Tiger and the Beatles. I promise. Just not at the same time.

Quote:

You'll have to clue me in on what you had (if that tidbit of info isn't already gone too.......). Or maybe Cynthia might remember!

I remember she thought I was nuts for heading back in, on a Sat, during F&W.

I am also almost positive she took one for the team and waited for our luggage...although actually that doesn't make sense since clearly I changed...so our bags must have been there. She unpacked though, I don't think I did hardly at all.

I would bet money that she got soda in her refillable mug and added something to it. After that....given the lack of pictures....I'm going with

Verandah
Nap
Pool
Yelling at Nick over the ref job fiasco

And not necessarily in any given order Could have been a mix and maybe she read her book????

On vacation, relaxing. Losing time is a GOOD thing I think!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #1354
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love your room and that view is awesome! I love that slide, I would love to try it someday.

Love seeing all the T shirt pics, Like others I can't wait to see which ones you bought.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #1355
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love your view at Boardwalk Villas! Marlene has announced that that's where she wants to stay when we go on her graduation WDW visit (like Lauren's), which suits me just fine.
The view was awesome! I think Marlene is right on with her BWV request. I think you should be good with summer availability.

Quote:
I'll be getting to my Flying Fish chapter soon, but <spoiler alert> we loved it!
So glad to hear your a fan. I look forward to reading about your dinner there.

Quote:
Survivor at Eat to the Beat. A while back James was hooked on "Eye of the Tiger" for some reason. I had to tell him that it just plain isn't a very good song. So now, he's switched to humming "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. I had to explain that they use it on Youtube vidoes because it's so lame. Does this kid have no taste? Is all of my time playing the Beatles for him in vain??
Hey - he's a kid - cut him a break. He'll eventually learn to appreciate the Beatles - eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Rick Astley is lame? OMG, I've lost respect for you Glennbo. I loved that song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I was at Epcot a few years ago and just happened to be walking as Survivor came from backstage to the theater to start their show. My, those gentleman have not aged well.

Jill in CO
I did not see Survivor so I will take your word for it!

Quote:
Well, at least I can take comfort in the fact that I had your respect at one point!
Easy come. Easy go!

Quote:
Pretty sure no one wants to see either of us before or without coffee

I'm 100% positive that's true in my case! I don't even want to see myself before I've had coffee!

Quote:
Just no winning sometimes, it seems.............
Not with the ladies on this TR!

Quote:
The one thing I can be sure of is that it involved some sort of rum! Which one, I will never know.

Quote:
Well at least you didn't crush ALL my hope.........
I'm glad!

Quote:
Verandah
Nap
Pool
Yelling at Nick over the ref job fiasco

And not necessarily in any given order Could have been a mix and maybe she read her book????
And out of those four things, the one that stands foremost in my mind is the ref fiasco! I was so angry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates! Love your room and that view is awesome! I love that slide, I would love to try it someday.
Our room view was really outstanding. We were both so pleased. As far as the slide - I was almost tempted to ride it one afternoon, but I guess I chickened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Love seeing all the T shirt pics, Like others I can't wait to see which ones you bought.
She should do a contest. That would make things a bit interesting!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #1356
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am thinking a contest may be in order

And they are super soft! Really nice T's. I loved our view.
A Contest I love the idea post all the contenders !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #1357
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The one thing I can be sure of is that it involved some sort of rum! Which one, I will never know.
Okay, I might not be able to stand out in the sun all day holding up a Coke, but when it comes to having available "refreshment" I am more than willing to be there with some sort of rum drink!!!

Of course that might bring up a common question of all the passersby........

"Why is da rum always guhn.......???"
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #1358
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I've caught up 8 out of 12 pages and if I don't stop and comment... I will forget stuff...

Nothing like a good wait for TSM fastpasses in the morning... they should put a walkby coffee kiosk for people who haven't had one yet or need another...

You ladies did get a lot done early... which is always awesome...

Even though I'm not a diehard Star Wars fan (I like it-I just don't LOVE it) I think that is one of the best drop shops...

I love your tshirt "safari" Cynthia... I think you should think about patenting it... like the cupcake crawl ...

What an absolutely stunning view at the Boardwalk (oh which reminds me that the Captain's Grille looked very nice...)

Great Dinner at Flying Fish... I'm a big tuna fan-when it's seared like that...

Hmmm... I know I forgot stuff but I'm feeling a teeny bit under the weather... a combo of time changes from vacation, lots of good& indulgent wine & food and probably most of all- the same kind of college stuff you are talking about with Nick- Mary Ellen... except Em is still waiting on 4 schools...-two release decisions tomorrow and two on the first- she got 3 when we were away... 2 yes, 1 defer and my stomach isn't going to make it throw this whole thing...

OH that's right I meant to send you condolences on your digestive woes Mary Ellen ...that's not fun at home... and really not fun on vacation... I really hope that eased up for you...

K-have to catch up on the rest...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #1359
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I might not be able to stand out in the sun all day holding up a Coke, but when it comes to having available "refreshment" I am more than willing to be there with some sort of rum drink!!!

Of course that might bring up a common question of all the passersby........

"Why is da rum always guhn.......???"
Responding from my phone. In my opinion nothing goes better with rum than a coke ! Or vice versa!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #1360
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Whew! all caught up thanks again to the marvelous links.

Too much to comment on but I'm loving it all.

The view you had at BWV was amazing!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #1361
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
A Contest I love the idea post all the contenders !!!
I think this is a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I've caught up 8 out of 12 pages and if I don't stop and comment... I will forget stuff...
First of all - Welcome Back! I hope you had a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!

Quote:
Nothing like a good wait for TSM fastpasses in the morning... they should put a walkby coffee kiosk for people who haven't had one yet or need another...
That's an awesome idea!!!! Love it!

Quote:
You ladies did get a lot done early... which is always awesome...
We did. I think we used our morning very efficiently!

Quote:
Even though I'm not a diehard Star Wars fan (I like it-I just don't LOVE it) I think that is one of the best drop shops...
I agree - it really does have a great shop, but it's always SO crowded!

Quote:
I love your tshirt "safari" Cynthia... I think you should think about patenting it... like the cupcake crawl ...
She does have her regular own T-shirt crawl. I'm very impressed with her diligence!

Quote:
What an absolutely stunning view at the Boardwalk (oh which reminds me that the Captain's Grille looked very nice...)
Our view was awesome. I can't tell you how excited we were to see that wonderful view!

Quote:
Great Dinner at Flying Fish... I'm a big tuna fan-when it's seared like that...
That tuna was absolutely delish!

Quote:
Hmmm... I know I forgot stuff but I'm feeling a teeny bit under the weather... a combo of time changes from vacation, lots of good& indulgent wine & food and probably most of all- the same kind of college stuff you are talking about with Nick- Mary Ellen... except Em is still waiting on 4 schools...-two release decisions tomorrow and two on the first- she got 3 when we were away... 2 yes, 1 defer and my stomach isn't going to make it throw this whole thing...
Well, I just read on FB last night Emily's wonderful news and I am so excited for all of you. So happy she was able to make a quick decision. That's awesome.

I really wish Nick would make a decision soon. We have ruled out a bunch of schools and as much as I hated to cross Virginia Tech off the list, we are focusing on the most fiscally responsible schools, so to speak. One thing I have come away with is that all these schools offer a great engineering program. They don't all have the same name recognition factor, but they provide the education he will need to be successful. Now if he would just decide. It's killing me.

Quote:
OH that's right I meant to send you condolences on your digestive woes Mary Ellen ...that's not fun at home... and really not fun on vacation... I really hope that eased up for you...

K-have to catch up on the rest...
Fortunately, my woes were short lived and I was able to quickly join back in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Whew! all caught up thanks again to the marvelous links.
Hey Stranger!!!!! Good to see you again! Glad you were able to get all caught up. All my links are actually up to date now!

Quote:
Too much to comment on but I'm loving it all.
There really is a lot going on. Glad you are enjoying!

Quote:
The view you had at BWV was amazing!
It truly was an amazing view. We were blown away. I seriously could stay in that room on every trip. How great would that be?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #1362
MEK
DIS Veteran

Front Row Rocks!

Hi Guys - I think its about time for a new update!!!!! I'd like to get this one in and maybe two more before HHI. I know that Cynthia and my schedules are not totally in sync right now, but I'm sure you'll forgive us if we end up posting a bit out of order for the next several weeks.

In future trip news - I wait-listed for BWV and BCV for the first 3 nights of my October trip. I also found out that Denny's brother and his family (8 total) will be in WDW the same time as us (before we leave on the cruise). The rented points and are staying in a treehouse for 5 nights. They originally booked on hotels.com for $4400, but I directed them to the DVC rental sites and they were able to book for $2700. Big difference. cha ching!

I am also considering changing my 4 night reservation at the end of my trip from two studios to a 2BR standard view at AKL. Fingers crossed its available. I have never stayed at the Jambo house before.

Front Row Rocks

Today was Sunday October 21, 2013 and sadly it was Cynthia's last full day in the world. But it didn't seem that way when we got up in the morning. We still had a lot of trip left. Our plans included AK in the morning, a F&W seminar in the afternoon, and late EMH at HS. A very full day indeed. Plus Cynthia wasn't due to leave until late Monday afternoon. Heck - she practically had 36 more hours on the East Coast.

I feel certain that I started my day with a run. What's weird is I don't have any pictures to prove it. It's quite possible that I felt I had enough pictures of the walkway to HS from the day before. Plus, I took a lot of "on the run" pictures when I stayed at the Boardwalk in June.

I'm pretty sure I ran out of the villas, to the entrance gate of HS, and back. I'm sure I ran around the boardwalk a bit more to make it an even 2 miles.

The first pictures I have from today are of our empty bus ride to AK.

Hello? Anybody back there?

Hello? Hello? Well, at least there is someone driving the bus.

Pretty sure we made the rounds to each the resorts - the BCV/YC, The Swan, and the Dolphin.

We arrived safe and sound and lined up with the rest of the pre rope drop gang

Breakfast on the run

Trying to shoot above the "head" line.

The poor CM who has to stand by ITTBAB at 9am. No one ever wants to stop there, despite their best efforts at enticement.

I think our first stop was to grab FPs for EE.

On the way

Given that the single rider line was already open, we decided to get our ride on!

Seriously empty Single Rider Line

I'm in the green and I'm pretty sure that's not Cynthia to my right.

While waiting for our FP's to ripen we ducked into a little store near Kali River Rapids.

I was fighting the sun glare all morning and you can see by this picture that the sun was definitely winning!

There were a few cute little items in here and I think Cynthia bought something, but once again, I am far from positive.

I think I am going to have to ride Kali this summer with my nephews. I just wish I had a water proof camera to get some pictures. This is one attraction where I have no pictures, except for a few taken when standing on the bridge.

I thought he was dead, but he eventually got up and flew away. Clearly not in the best of health.

I took these next pictures near a little kiosk outside of the store. Cool theme.

We had a second go round with the Yeti. Since I am slowly learning to trust my photo bucket ordering, it appears that we also met up with a PP photographer before our second ride on EE. In fact, we may have seen him before we even hit the shop.

I remember it was actually a little cool that morning, so I wore two shirts!

Our photographer was also having sun glare issues

I love this shot

Continued In Next Post........

Last edited by MEK; 03-29-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #1363
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued from Previous Post

Crowds were still sparse

EE - Round two

Hats off to Apa Sherpa - greatest number of ascents. Probably doesn't even need an Oxygen mask when he ascends to 35,000 ft. I find the whole idea of ascending Mount Everest to be fascinating, considering I have gotten altitude sickness at 10,000 ft. But I digress.

I always do…….

Trust me, I always do!

We decided to do front row and waited one, maybe two trains at best. After all - nothing rocks like the front row of EE. Seriously, Space Mountain is cool in the front seat, but its dark in there. In my opinion, EE is the best front row ride in Disney World.

Woo Hoo!

Scenery rushing by

Up We Go!

Weeeeeeeee…………

What? Another Hill? OH NO!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Sunglare

Such great detail

Continued in Next Post........

Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #1364
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post......

Almost to the top!

To my right

There - that's better

To my left….oh wait …..that's Cynthia!

Rounding the corner to the unexpected…….

………broken track! Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not too close now!

I said - NOT TOO CLOSE!!!!!

HI EPCOT

Wait are we moving BACKWARDS……INTO THE DARKNESS……….

Finally we stop and see

My, my Yeti - you look a little blurry

What? We're moving again?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH………

Oh Crap…Ouch….ohh…..that hurt!

Somebody slow this thing down!!!!!!

Thank you!

Made it!

I didn't know we were riding with Thing 1, 2, 3 & 4. Wrong park kids!

Never noticed these before. I'm pretty sure I saw them in the dump shop, but's its possible they were in the queue. Anyone know for sure?

Gift shop

This reminds me of something Jen's (Jenseib's) daughter Claire would wear. Isn't it cute?

A few post EE pics. I always love taking pictures of the reflections in the water and nowhere is it quite as cool as AK

Today's photo pass shot

With two rides on EE under our belt we were ready to leave and venture elsewhere. The question is where would the rest of the morning lead us? To be continued in the next update!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #1365
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Love the start to your morning at AK! It is such a fun park to photograph- so many awesome details.

I adore all of your EE photos! Great call on front row. I haven't even noticed that mural of the Yeti in the cave, tunnel. You got a great picture!

I also LOVE your ride photo! The two of you look great, and "The Things" are cool too.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: