Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #1171
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Yup - typical morning line, except this morning we are following Jack from Jack and the Giant Beanstalk and Pink.

This had me laughing out loud while sitting at the kitchen table all by myself. The family thinks something is a little wrong with me.....

Quote:
I probably took exactly the same pictures in June, but you can never have too many ToT pictures, right? Right!
Exactly!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #1172
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Goodness, what a scary event involving the mom and daughter! I hope everything turned out okay!

Pink and Jack - hilarious!

No, you can never have too many pictures from the Tower of Terror! All of you pictures are fabulous (as always!), but I think my favorite is this one:

Quote:

What a spectacular view of the ceiling! (And the light fixture with the dusty spider webs!) While at Disney, you always need to remember to look up!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #1173
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What a great update, Mary Ellen. You really went to town on the pictures at TOT (I hope that young girl was okay). TOT is my absolute favorite ride (I just wish I didn't have to do it by myself most times ) and I never noticed that case you posted either and never paid attention to the ceiling...great job.

You do look like you are not enjoying yourself on TOT!

I'm not big on sweet things in the morning (well, except for my Krispy Kreme's), and that looked sweet.

Can't wait for more.

****Oh, and the Pink & Jolly Green Giant are hysterical.

****And I loved the pictures of Tracy...I think of her every day.

Last edited by KatMark; 03-12-2013 at 09:30 AM.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #1174
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What great a great update. Thank you! I am too much of a chicken to ride ToT. I rode it once and can't again. I have rode the actual service elevator (chicken exit) a couple times just so I could stay in the queue with my family. However... obviously, I am still nervous since I don't remember anything inside the queue. So again..thanks for sharing. I can look from the comfort and safety of my own home.

I do hope that mom and daughter were ok. I can understand how that would be unnerving to those around too... just such a scary situation...even if it was just that she was fainting.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #1175
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies! I'm all caught up again after another move. We've left a nightmare in AZ and are in Texas enjoying a glorious Spring with our son and fam, which means lots of hugs from our grandbabies! Not all bad.

So many great updates! Love the Gaston story! So amazing how you kept bumping into so many DISers! Of course F&W will draw them, I guess.

I really am enjoying the dual perspective, with a little Pat thrown in here and there! You each seem to focus on different aspects, which gives a very well rounded report!

So cool you got to get in on a soft opening for NFL! DGD,5 really enjoyed your pics of LM today.

Congrats to Nick also, Mary Ellen. Any decision yet? I might have missed some chatter.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #1176
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I hope the girl in the TOT queue was ok!! How scary!!

Your photos of TOT are gorgeous! I'm never ever going back near that ride (big chicken here!), but it is pretty to look around (through your photos, safely many many miles away from the actual ride!)

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the carrot cake cookie!!! It can be a bit sweet if you're already approaching a sugar rush though!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #1177
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Not much DIS time for me this week, but I am scrolling through pictures as I can. Don't want to miss anything!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Tracy.

I'll take a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie over a carrot cake cookie any day. The cake part is okay - although I have had better - but the cream in the middle is too sweet and there is too much of it for me personally.

Sure hope the young girl is okay now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #1178
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
So do you suggest I down a couple of pixie sticks before I play the next time?

I also suggest that you have something with a lot of caffeine in it to drink with them.

Just make sure it is near the end of the day so you can go right back to the room when you crash.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #1179
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

I also suggest that you have something with a lot of caffeine in it to drink with them.

Just make sure it is near the end of the day so you can go right back to the room when you crash.
And get video of yourself.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #1180
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
This had me laughing out loud while sitting at the kitchen table all by myself. The family thinks something is a little wrong with me.....
I have experience that same reaction from my family while reading the DIS boards. The "what can possibly be so funny" look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Exactly!
It's absolutely one of my favorite queues and I can't go through it without taking a bunch of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Goodness, what a scary event involving the mom and daughter! I hope everything turned out okay!
I hope everything turned out OK, too and that it wasn't the onset of a new medical condition. Hopefully she just fainted. But what a way to put a damper on the day for that family.

Quote:
Pink and Jack - hilarious!
Glad you thought so.

Quote:
No, you can never have too many pictures from the Tower of Terror! All of you pictures are fabulous (as always!), but I think my favorite is this one:

What a spectacular view of the ceiling! (And the light fixture with the dusty spider webs!) While at Disney, you always need to remember to look up!
I really like that pic too. I am surprised it came out as good as it did. I like how sharp and crisp the lines are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a great update, Mary Ellen. You really went to town on the pictures at TOT (I hope that young girl was okay). TOT is my absolute favorite ride (I just wish I didn't have to do it by myself most times ) and I never noticed that case you posted either and never paid attention to the ceiling...great job.
I hope the young girl was OK, too. It always makes me so sad to think that something can affect what is supposed to be a happy day and awesome vacation. Just seems wrong.

I did take quite a few pics, didn't I. I just clicked the whole time we were in the queue. That part of the ceiling was really neat.

Quote:
You do look like you are not enjoying yourself on TOT!
I know - I look seriously in pain or something. My goal for next time is to make myself laugh no matter what.

Quote:
I'm not big on sweet things in the morning (well, except for my Krispy Kreme's), and that looked sweet.
Quote:
Can't wait for more.
I'm sure Cynthia will be posting soon.

Quote:
****Oh, and the Pink & Jolly Green Giant are hysterical.
Glad you like!

Quote:
****And I loved the pictures of Tracy...I think of her every day.

I do too. And it was so heartwarming I found those pictures because I forgot we were in the same PP share even though it was only 3 years ago - not even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What great a great update. Thank you! I am too much of a chicken to ride ToT. I rode it once and can't again. I have rode the actual service elevator (chicken exit) a couple times just so I could stay in the queue with my family. However... obviously, I am still nervous since I don't remember anything inside the queue. So again..thanks for sharing. I can look from the comfort and safety of my own home.
The first time I rode ToT I wasn't expecting much and it really scare the bejesus out of me. So after that I have always been a little fearful. I really do think they have "toned it down" because I always get off thinking - "that was nothing". But I will never forget how scared I was on that first ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I do hope that mom and daughter were ok. I can understand how that would be unnerving to those around too... just such a scary situation...even if it was just that she was fainting.
I hope they were OK, too. I hate to see stuff like that happen at Disneyworld. It just seems so wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Ladies! I'm all caught up again after another move. We've left a nightmare in AZ and are in Texas enjoying a glorious Spring with our son and fam, which means lots of hugs from our grandbabies! Not all bad.
So glad you are all caught up again.

Wow - I had no idea you were undertaking such a big move. Glad to hear you are all settled in in Texas and enjoying the nice weather. I'm also happy to hear you are getting daily hugs from your grand babies. That is awesome!

Quote:
So many great updates! Love the Gaston story! So amazing how you kept bumping into so many DISers! Of course F&W will draw them, I guess.
We really did bump into a lot of DISers, which was so cool. Having never visited in October before I can definitely see what that is prime DIS time to visit. It was just perfect. I hope to make it regular thing!

Quote:
I really am enjoying the dual perspective, with a little Pat thrown in here and there! You each seem to focus on different aspects, which gives a very well rounded report!
Well, clearly I am the most forgetful of the group. But I'm the oldest, so I have an excuse!

Quote:
So cool you got to get in on a soft opening for NFL! DGD,5 really enjoyed your pics of LM today.
Neat - I'm so glad she liked them. It really was a gorgeous queue and a lovely ride. I look forward to riding it again in June!

Quote:
Congrats to Nick also, Mary Ellen. Any decision yet? I might have missed some chatter.
Thank you! No decision yet. He has ruled out a couple schools and he has two more visits plus the decision day at UD. I really want him to decide soon. Hopefully the decision will be made by the beginning of April.

OH Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR
The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW, VWL/VGF
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #1181
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I hope the girl in the TOT queue was ok!! How scary!!
I hope so too. It was really scary. Hopefully she just fainted and all she needed was some rehydration, food, and a rest.

Quote:
Your photos of TOT are gorgeous! I'm never ever going back near that ride (big chicken here!), but it is pretty to look around (through your photos, safely many many miles away from the actual ride!)
Lots of living room viewing going on where those pictures are concerned. I have to admit - I am not nearly brave enough to take any pictures while on the ride. That's a whole other level for me. Glad you liked them.

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the carrot cake cookie!!! It can be a bit sweet if you're already approaching a sugar rush though!!
I think it would be much better as a dessert than the first food of the day. I love sweet things, but that icing was a little much for me. I wanted more of a butter cream frosting. Picky, aren't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Not much DIS time for me this week, but I am scrolling through pictures as I can. Don't want to miss anything!
Well, fortunately my updates are 75% pictures, so I am sure you are not missing anything.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the pictures of Tracy.
You're welcome. I was so thrilled to find them. I really should repost them to her FB page!

Quote:
I'll take a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie over a carrot cake cookie any day. The cake part is okay - although I have had better - but the cream in the middle is too sweet and there is too much of it for me personally.
Yum on the c m n cookie! The middle of the carrot cake cookie was way too sweet. I was expecting more of a butter cream and it was not even close.

Quote:
Sure hope the young girl is okay now.
I hope so too because it really looked scary for all concerned. I hate to see stuff like that in Disney world. I know people get sick, but it just seems wrong to get sick in WDW.

Quote:

For the extra adrenaline high, right?

Quote:
Or walk to the nearest bar for a calming cocktail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
And get video of yourself.
Before or after a couple drinks?

OH Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR
The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW, VWL/VGF
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #1182
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

aghhh... so messed up from Daylight Savings Time... starting to reply last night ... fell asleep... so if I seem disoriented - I am...

Quote:
I still can not copy, cut, and paste with my mac using safari. I wanted to do replies today, but this ongoing problem is making me not even want to DIS. Sorry for being so slow with the replies. I will get to them soon, even if its tomorrow from a pc.
Yes... computers are evil sometimes... they need to be exorcised... ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I had almost caught up when I found myself asleep with my fingers perched over the keyboard again last night. No offense, its just what happens when I sit back & finally put my feet up at night!

Sorry I can't remember everything I wanted to say last night.
Exactly what she said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos of the WL... It gives me a funny feeling looking in my stomach... looking at that... OMG... I sound like I have a crush... I probably do... I love the WL... the whole Americana... Pacific Northwest theming... awesome... (I took the tour about five (?) years ago-It was great... we had gotten to be Flag Family that day too so my little nerdy History loving heart was super happy...

(I have crushed on several of the resorts... Beach Club, Boardwalk, WL, AKL...

You ladies looked lovely for your dinner at Citricos... I'm with you on the dress code thing... I'm not militant... but I think a nice little sun dress and some Khakis and collared shirts on guys are nice when your Signature Dining... I'm glad you liked it but sorry you didn't love it... I wonder if it suffers a bit of an identity crisis... With V&A nearby... and the premiere dining for the whole resort...

That whole ToT experience with the Mom and daughter... so hard... Even though Disney is many of our happy places... it is probably more of a physically intense experience than we all think about sometimes... there's the walking, the crowds, heat, the ride intensity... lots going on... that most people don't experience in a normal day... I'll bet there's more people than we realize you may find out they have some sort of condition while they're there...I think most of the CMs are pretty good/prepared to help out though...

On the flip side... again great photos of the whole queuing/ride... I love that Cynthia was all about hold onto her hat...

(Btw MaryEllen-thought of you this past weekend... went to the Philadelphia Flower Show... was really lovely... English Theme... ... made me think of Longwood Gardens...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #1183
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Fortunately, I managed to get a few pics inside.

Is that guy along the wall pickin' or just scratchin'?

Quote:

Not sure what this is, but it sure is cute.

It is a figurine depicting Mickey's world-famous Dolly Parton imitation.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #1184
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

I've just spent the last few days reading through your whole TR so far and it has been so enjoyable. Thanks so much for writing it.
How wonderful that you've made so many close friends via the Disboards.

My family and I will be traveling to Orlando Sep/Oct, so your posts about the F&W festival and MNSSHP have been particularly fun to read. It was great seeing the F&W souvenirs as I now know exactly what presents I'm going to buy for a few of my family members back home (Mickey Wine Bottle Stoppers).

Also, really looking forward to your upcoming pics of the BWV. We have 5 nights booked there and I can't wait.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #1185
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

So sad to leave WL, it really is a beautiful resort. At least it is from the pictures I've seen, I have not seen it in person as of yet. Looking at your pictures it's got me starting to question my dining options so I can go to the WL. Not much appeals to me dining wise (being from Texas I'm not so into b.b.q from other places) except the signature dining and Mackie isn't so into that yet. One day!

I'm so in awe of Cynthia going to the gym and you running while on vacation. I'm still hemming and hawing about wether or not I'll end up working out myself while on my trip. I've probably said that every post I've typed on here.

Citricos is one of the places I've been questioning to go for our last trip and now this one. I've really been interested in going, Mackie didn't like anything on the menu enough so that settled that.
Not to mention most of the reviews (now including yours) have been very mixed. They say the service is wonderful, but slow (just like y'all mentioned) and that the food is either outstanding or just okay and a major disappointment being that it's a signature dining option.
It's such a beautiful restaurant. I have yet to try any of the signature dining places, and this would have been the trip to do it if I were to go. Oh well! I guess I had better plan a trip with adults only, probably a girls trip and see what that brings.

Looks like a wonderful night at MK, you saw a parade, had a good little nap and a meet! Hope you get your nephew to that parade this summer!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: