Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #1051
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I was so inspired by Tracy at that moment, just enjoying life, her niece and rocking that scar in her bikini. I will never forget it. I wish I'd taken my phone and gotten a picture or two but living in the moment and having that memory is something that will always be with me.
Beautifully said. Just the image of it has me all teared up.

Love the idea about pool hopping to the Poly. I need to see if we are allowed to do that next month (Spring Break - likely not, but going to check!), it would be a perfect break in a MK day versus trekking allllllll the way back to SSR.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #1052
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have to admit. I liked the new management a LOT better. Oh well.
I like both old and new Tiki Room shows. Too bad they can't do it like the Great Movie Ride - two different versions, so you never really know which one you will get.

Quote:

I was so inspired by Tracy at that moment, just enjoying life, her niece and rocking that scar in her bikini. I will never forget it. I wish I'd taken my phone and gotten a picture or two but living in the moment and having that memory is something that will always be with me.
I am so glad that I have the happy memory of her getting to take this trip. When she got back, things seemed to go downhill quickly, but the pictures everyone has of her in WDW just give me good feelings about how she 'went out', so to speak.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #1054
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We are not fans of the tikki lounge new or old. Claire however does seem to like it. But I won't be rushing back anytime soon.

What a nice afternoon at the pool.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #1055
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I've never tried the pool hopping thing but it sure looks like fun. Tracy had a great time doing it but did say she thought it was easier staying on the monorail line and hopping to resorts on the monorail line. She thought it might be too much of a hassle using the bus transportation. I think she said the GF pool was her fave... she said the poolside counter service food was amazing! I may have to check that out in the fall! Always nice to hear about yummy counter service with options other than burgers!

She definitely was an inspiration that trip and she did have a great time. I'm incredibly grateful she got to go.

Hurrah for an upcoming trip, Mary Ellen. It sounds awesome!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #1056
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Sorry I've been absent for a bit UGH dontcha just hate when real life gets in the way? Not even the fun kind either ,i've been busy with blood tests ,ultrasounds n all kinds of other not fun tests ICK!! Anyways,i've come to the conclusion that i need to be more stylish at Disney loook at you two in ur cute tops(i just usually rock a disney store t) Oh and Mary ellen don't worry about your "stubby toes" at least you dont have Fred flinstone feet like me LOL.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #1057
MEK
DIS Veteran

I still can not copy, cut, and paste with my mac using safari. I wanted to do replies today, but this ongoing problem is making me not even want to DIS. Sorry for being so slow with the replies. I will get to them soon, even if its tomorrow from a pc.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #1058
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK
I still can not copy, cut, and paste with my mac using safari. I wanted to do replies today, but this ongoing problem is making me not even want to DIS. Sorry for being so slow with the replies. I will get to them soon, even if its tomorrow from a pc.
I couldn't do it yesterday from my PC, haven't tried today.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #1059
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

It's still not working for me.

Ahhhhhhh, and did I mention that I started my February cruise trip report?

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #1060
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What issues are you having with copy and paste? I did it yesterday, but haven't tried yet today. I do know that when I copy and past it takes out things like apostrohes and if you post ...... it turns into &
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #1061
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I did it earlier today with no problem
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #1062
MEK
DIS Veteran

From Stringbean:Does it make me sound really weird to say that it REALLY bugs me that only one of the "letter" pumpkins is a different color??

No! I kind of like it, but I am not super organized person. I tend to be a little chaotic, so perhaps that's why!

Sounds like you had a great time visiting the Poly!! It really is a beautiful resort, although you know those pathways confounded us for a little bit! -

I love visiting the Poly. To me its a tropical oasis. Do I prefer it to the Epcot resorts - No, but I do really like it.

Actually it is better than in years past. At least this year I had some commuication and my pleas did not go into a black hole.

From PoolRat Pat: I cannot remember how many years I have been doing this but I have been involved in the league since 1999 first as a coach, then as the facility person where I used to work until 2006. When I got my current job but I was at another facility that did not have a swim team but I kept the secretary and treasurer duties. When I moved to the currently facility in 2011, they have a swim team and the guy runnning it has been doing it for 20 + years. I have also known him for close to that long so I guess I am back in it.

Somewhere in there I started taking the entries for the championship meet. Not hard and time consuming when everyone does what they are supposed to do.

Some facilities do not have that consistency and let the confusion begin.
If they would just listen and not pretend to have it under control it would be fine.

It all goes back to the old adage - sometimes it's just easier to do it yourself. How frustrating!

My personal bartender is either Clinta or John. They usually work opposite each other and one is there but the last time both were off and I had a third guy I would recommend but I have to remember his name.

All you need to do is ask for it to go and they will put it in a cup for you.

Clinta. I remember you said that name. I am definitely going to remember that for my next trip!

One of the things I love about NC is if I don't like the weather I just usually have to wait no more than a week. Yesterday cold dreary and raining, today High of 55 and sunny and beautiful. I hated the grey dreary cloud cover from Thanskgiving until Easter.

Pat - You just described exactly how I feel. I looked outside today and thought to myself "how many more days???????" I am so over it. I feel like I have wasted too much of my life in this weather. I would kill for 55 sunny and beautiful right now. I know even when I went to Williamsburg last spring the weather was so much better just 250 miles sounth of here.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #1063
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I did it earlier today with no problem
I think it depends on what browser you are using. I only have safari on my two computers at home. At work I have an old version of internet explorer and it works fine. I just wish it would get fixed. I might just try it on Denny's pc later tonight and see if it works.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #1064
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, for making it to the opening ceremony at MK!!! I really do love that opening.

All you did by 10am? You had a very nice morning!

Mary Ellen, the reasons you listed as to why you like running... I feel the same way. No getting ready to look all pretty...just get up and go...and see where the road takes me.

How cool you two ran into Tina! I saw the picture and I knew who that was! Too funny that Gaston was not too happy that you took away attention from him.

The shop near Gaston's Tavern I completely missed!

Mary Ellen, I like any kind of burger really... but I have two kinds of issues... a beef burger can be too greasy and then or a veggie can be too carb heavy and

The pics you got on the jungle cruise are so good!

Cynthia, now your meal at LTT was much more in line with what I would love! I love the apple chicken salad at Panera... so I could see ordering what you had. YUM!

I love the border on this pic...it goes so well with your outfit and the random person in the background.

Mary Ellen, my dh said your issue is probably a browser issue and not a "mac" one. Maybe an update was released and you didn't do it... or you did do it.... Hope you get it figured out though. Not being able to copy is frustrating!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #1065
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am also hating the new photobucket !!I can't find half my pix and uploading is a Royal pe=qin in the pertoockey!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: