Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #1021
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

What a great update!!I am with you, btw, I have never eaten at Casey's either...but I think I have gotten one of my many Disney Diet Cokes that help me through the late nights

I must say, the pictures you take are wonderful! The picture of Space Mountain is great.

When I was a kid, we stayed at the Poly alot, but sadly I don't remember much about it. We did visit there this past trip and walked around all the trails and I agree they are so pretty. What are your favorite pools to "hop" to??

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13, Pop Century '13

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
disneydancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1022
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I didn't think DVC could pool hop to the Poly, good to know. I love those GF pics! I am impatiently awaiting prices for the villas. Probably good though so I can save my pennies.

I really enjoyed the Tiki room when they had Iago and Zazzu hosting but then they changed it back to the original.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #1023
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Okay, I was a bit off. Dave was not wearing a blue shirt, but I did spot him in a couple shots. Sarah was playing games with the CMs in a couple pictures. Paige's little head was popping up out of the pool (she's got a great doggie paddle!).

Oh, how I wish I was there now! I'm so tired of being cold. It's better here this week - relatively - but it's still cold. Hilton Head looks to be in the 60s while we're there, hopefully sunny!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #1024
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So is the meet over or is it next weekend? At any rate, glad you had a little time to escape with some DISing! Always the best escape from the real world.
The meet is coming up this weekend but in true fashion still waiting for people to get me things that were due on Sat.

Amazing pictures of the monorail resorts and the poly pool. I love relaxing out there but I always go inside for my MaiTai.

I never knew the Poly was the pool to hop to. I guess I will need to do that too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #1025
MeMom
DIS Veteran

What a great way to start my day with so mant pictures! All of the Poly pictures make me so ready to be back in Disney World. The warmth is calling my name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Okay, I was a bit off. Dave was not wearing a blue shirt, but I did spot him in a couple shots. Sarah was playing games with the CMs in a couple pictures. Paige's little head was popping up out of the pool (she's got a great doggie paddle!).

Oh, how I wish I was there now! I'm so tired of being cold.
Cool that you found your crew in her pictures!

Hope you guys warm up soon. As I have said many times, I could not take living any further north than the southeast!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #1026
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
What a great update!!I am with you, btw, I have never eaten at Casey's either...but I think I have gotten one of my many Disney Diet Cokes that help me through the late nights
Well, at least you've gotten something there. I have not had a single food item from Casey's. I just feel like I have to change that.

Quote:
I must say, the pictures you take are wonderful! The picture of Space Mountain is great.
Thanks! I'm really not sure how I got that Space Mountain pic to turn out considering I took it from the monorail. Maybe I jockeyed myself into good position when the monorail let off people at MK!

Quote:
When I was a kid, we stayed at the Poly alot, but sadly I don't remember much about it. We did visit there this past trip and walked around all the trails and I agree they are so pretty. What are your favorite pools to "hop" to??
The paths are so lovely. My DH and I went there last June to watch the fireworks from the beach and we walked all over in the evening. It was lovely.

Favorite hopping pools? - Well, I have only hopped to the Poly and the GF pools when I stayed at either BLT or VWL. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to "hop" unless it was convenient.

I do have favorite pools, however, and they include: the piano pool at ASM, the quiet pool on the hotel side of the Boardwalk, the AKL pool (not the Kidani pool, although that's very nice), the quiet pool at SSR that overlooks DTD, and the main pool at OKW. Obviously, I love the Poly pool, too. Oh - and the quiet pool at the GF. It really is quiet.

I wish I could "hop" this summer when I am staying off site, but I guess I really can't do that. Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I didn't think DVC could pool hop to the Poly, good to know. I love those GF pics! I am impatiently awaiting prices for the villas. Probably good though so I can save my pennies. .
I've done it a couple times. And obviously we weren't the only ones who thought it was a great idea. Maybe that's why the pool was so crowded?

I am sure the GFV prices are going to be "off the charts" and the points are going to be outrageous. Still, I would like to stay there for atleast one night at some point. I'm probably too stingy with my points to stay there anymore than one or two nights. I am always on a continous cycle of borrowing for the next use year because I have enough points for just Denny and I, but I keep planning trips and inviting other people and then .......oops......no more points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I really enjoyed the Tiki room when they had Iago and Zazzu hosting but then they changed it back to the original.
I must have missed it during that time because the last time I saw it, it was still Pierre.

Quote:
Darn girl - you have great eyes - although I did think I saw you in one of the pictures. But what do you expect from me, I didn't even recognize Tina when she was right in front of me.

Quote:
Oh, how I wish I was there now! I'm so tired of being cold. It's better here this week - relatively - but it's still cold. Hilton Head looks to be in the 60s while we're there, hopefully sunny!

I hear ya! I know you have probably gotten way more snow than I have, but the dampness and the grey skies are totally getting to me. SO ready for spring.

I really hope you love Hilton Head. It is seriously such a special place. If you are feeling adventurous, definitely do the kayak tour. It is super easy - I'm not kidding - and if its the same guide - he is awesome. Even if you don't do it, make sure you do the other fun activities they have. And the hot tub is awesome. I seriously can't wait to go back!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
The meet is coming up this weekend but in true fashion still waiting for people to get me things that were due on Sat.
Ugh - that has got to be SO frustrating. I feel bad for you and hope everything comes together without a lot more stress! Good luck!

Quote:
Amazing pictures of the monorail resorts and the poly pool. I love relaxing out there but I always go inside for my MaiTai.
Ah - so your personal bartender is inside? Why did I think you had a personal bartender at the pool? So, can you get your mai tai "to go" from the bar inside?

Quote:
I never knew the Poly was the pool to hop to. I guess I will need to do that too.
You totally need to do that. I love that pool. I just love anything with an immensely tropical feel, especially right now when I am so tired of seeing grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a great way to start my day with so mant pictures! All of the Poly pictures make me so ready to be back in Disney World. The warmth is calling my name!
Me too! I could easier use the Poly pool as my screen saver, although I don't know whether it would help or hinder at this point. I am definitely in need of some warmth. Glad you liked the pics!

Quote:
Cool that you found your crew in her pictures!
I know - can you believe it? That Sheree has some serious eagle eyes!

Quote:
Hope you guys warm up soon. As I have said many times, I could not take living any further north than the southeast!
Consider yourself lucky. This winter I finally decided that old people (that would be me I'm referring to) have no business living in cold, crappy climates. I know when I visit SC in April I am going to want to move there.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #1028
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
wow it's been busy over here! I've had a crazy couple of days, hosting my dinner club and then a double event day yesterday for work but hope to get caught up on all the replies and Mary Ellens update today. I'll try to get my update in soon
Take your time. I won't be doing my update until much later in the week - like Sunday!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #1029
MEK
DIS Veteran

So for any mac users out there - I am suddenly having the weirdest problem with my mac. I can't copy and paste inside a quote anymore. WTH? It started last night. I can copy and paste everything else AND I can copy inside the quote with a PC (as evidenced above).

So frustrating! I tried repairing my disk permissions. I really can't think of anything else to do.

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

You know I have to copy and paste to do my replies.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #1030
tiffer66
Earning My Ears

I can't help you with your MAC issues, but I wanted to say have a good time in Blacksburg!! I attented VT for a year (quite a while ago!), and back then, it was rather isolated. We went up the road to Roanoke alot!!

Have really been enjoying your trip report, can't wait till this October!!
Tiffany
tiffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #1031
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I'm a mac user, and don't know anything!

I was able to spot Sarah playing games because of her dark hair and bold colored suit. I kind of remembered that was what she did a lot!
It's always easier to find yourself or your own family in pictures.

OK - so WHERE EXACTLY is the hot tub at HHI??? I am sure I'm going to need to spend some time there!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #1032
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer66 View Post
I can't help you with your MAC issues, but I wanted to say have a good time in Blacksburg!! I attented VT for a year (quite a while ago!), and back then, it was rather isolated. We went up the road to Roanoke alot!!
tiffany! Thanks for joining in! Cynthia posted on FB that its a problem with the DIS and certain browsers. I could cut and past on my work pc because its got the oldest browser in existence. I feel better that its not my computer, but its SO annoying.

I guess any real shopping that needs to be done is in Roanoke. Cool how many people (DISers) actually did attend VT. I am really looking forward to checking it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffer66 View Post
Have really been enjoying your trip report, can't wait till this October!!
Tiffany
Thanks! You are going to love F&W. It is so awesome! Nothing like it!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #1033
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, I'm a mac user, and don't know anything!

I was able to spot Sarah playing games because of her dark hair and bold colored suit. I kind of remembered that was what she did a lot!
It's always easier to find yourself or your own family in pictures.
Cynthia assured me its something with the DIS because she had the same trouble. When I could copy, cut, and paste on my work pc I got really nervous. Hopefully it will get straightened out because I rely on those functions. I just did yours by hand.

True. Very true! Well, still so cool that we were on the same wavelength that day and so lame that we never saw you!

Quote:
OK - so WHERE EXACTLY is the hot tub at HHI??? I am sure I'm going to need to spend some time there!!
You will not have any problem finding it. It's right in the pool area. You will actually be surprised how small the resort it, although it doesn't feel cramped. Are you staying in a 2BR? You might be able to request your building location on arrival. I asked for a view of the marsh and near the pool and that's what I got. It was perfect, but if you are on the second floor there are no elevators and all your stuff has to go up the stairs. That was hard for three girls - trust me - because we had two coolers packed with food. After an 11 hour drive we did not feel like dragging those up the steps.

If you are in a studio they are in the Main Lodge which is adorable. You will love it!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #1034
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:

See Ya Real Soon

Does it make me sound really weird to say that it REALLY bugs me that only one of the "letter" pumpkins is a different color??

Sounds like you had a great time visiting the Poly!! It really is a beautiful resort, although you know those pathways confounded us for a little bit!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #1035
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh - that has got to be SO frustrating. I feel bad for you and hope everything comes together without a lot more stress! Good luck!
Actually it is better than in years past. At least this year I had some commuication and my pleas did not go into a black hole.

I cannot remember how many years I have been doing this but I have been involved in theleague since 1999 first as a coach, then as the facility person where I used to work until 2006. When I got my current job but I was at another facility that did not have a swim team but I kept the secretary and treasurer duties. When I moved to the currently facility in 2011, they have a swim team and the guy runnning it has been doing it for 20 + years. I have also known him for close to that long so I guess I am back in it.

Somewhere in there I started taking the entries for the championship meet. Not hard and time consuming when everyone does what they are supposed to do.

Some facilities do not have that consistency and let the confusion begin.
If they would just listen and not pretend to have it under control it would be fine.

Quote:
Ah - so your personal bartender is inside? Why did I think you had a personal bartender at the pool? So, can you get your mai tai "to go" from the bar inside?

You totally need to do that. I love that pool. I just love anything with an immensely tropical feel, especially right now when I am so tired of seeing grey.
My personal bartender is either Clinta or John. They usually work opposite each other and one is there but the last time both were off and I had a third guy I would recommend but I have to remember his name.

All you need to do is ask for it to go and they will put it in a cup for you.

One of the things I love about NC is if I don't like the weather I just usually have to wait no more than a week. Yesterday cold dreary and raining, today High of 55 and sunny and beautiful. I hated the grey dreary cloud cover from Thanskgiving until Easter.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: