Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #871
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your Hallowishes pics are very pretty! And I love the Photopass pics!
Thanks! Hallowishes is such a great show. I really love it!

Quote:
ETWB just doesn't appeal to me. I really dislike the idea of it. A friend of mine recently went and her daughter (who is 7) really disliked it as well.
Really? That's interesting, but 7 is one of those inbetween ages kids are very opinionated so maybe that's why. I would like to give it another chance.

Quote:
I am excited to experience the Little Mermaid ride though! It looks great!
It really was so pretty. I'm not sure why we didn't go a second time. I can't wait to ride it again.

Quote:
And for getting the LTT ADR!
That was pretty cool. I enjoy that place and we decided why the heck not. With the TIW card its only a little more expensive than counter service and its nice to get waited on. lol!

Quote:
Best of luck to Nick on the whole college thing! Maybe Georgia Tech will come through! That's where my DH graduated from!
They say only 1 in 5 deferrals get in. I guess you can't be too disappointed with a deferral. It means you are good enough to get in, but there are just that many more people in front of you that have better stats. I know the school has an amazing rep. I think he learned that if you want certain schools you have to set yourself up before your senior year. It was really a last minute decision for him to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Congratulations to Nick! Sounds like he has a bright future ahead of him
Thanks Dawn! I am very happy for him. He worked hard in high school and it paid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I all the pictures from the Little Mermaid! They made me even more excited for May! Caitlin and I had already decided we have to ride twice in a row to make sure we catch all the details! Can't wait!
You are going to love it. There's so much to see. I don't think my photos even scratch the surface. I can't wait to ride it again in June. It's really pretty!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 02-17-2013 at 03:00 PM.
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #872
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Congrats to Nick! It's good to have lots of choices!

Love the FLE....I got to see it in November...very well done!

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #873
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Yeah Nick!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful to have so many options and time to really evaluate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

For whoever asked whether I got up and ran, the answer is "yes". How do I know? Well, I took this pretty cool picture along the pathway to Fort Wilderness.

The fog lifting looked so cool!

Ou rpark plan this morning was MK. Cynthia mentioned rope drop. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen or I would have some pictures. As you can see, my memory of the morning events hasn't improve much. compared to the evening before. But I assure you - it DOES get better.
YOU did not make rope drop.

I did.

I even have pictures to prove it

You went for your run and I got to see the opening show for the first time ever. We both rode SM, but separately and met after that.

Love the fog picture!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #874
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for Nick!! What great news!!

That's so cool that you were able to explore New Fantasyland! The new Ariel ride looks really cute!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #875
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I think it's time for an update, but first some news on the college application front.

Nick's college acceptances are all in. He got accepted to 8 out of the 9 schools he applied to.
Congrats to Nick! Glad he has so many good choices to select from!

Quote:
Must…. Stop…..For……Castle……Shot…….

Nice shot from a slightly different perspective!

for low crowds and the LTT ADR!!!

Quote:
It was a little challenging to get good pictures because the queue was "walking".
You got some good "walking" queue photos, and some really good ride photos in the low light and with all the movement!

Quote:

Ursula really IS pretty unattractive. Just sayin'

Have to agree! She looks like she has about as much face/head below her lips as she does above them!!!

Quote:

ahhhhhhhhh….. True Love!

There ain't nothing better than Happily Ever After…….

Yes, funny how Disney seems to make that happen!

A lot of nice Christmas pictures from Longwood Gardens! Funny how us Disney fanatics are always finding Hidden Mickeys even in everyday life!!!

With all the comments about your memory not being exactly clear what you did, and it being difficult to figure it out from your pictures or lack of them, I was beginning to think I was reading Pat's Horrible TR again......
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #876
MEK
DIS Veteran

Haha. I'm reading this at band practice. I completely forgot we went and different times. T told you there is SO much I cant remember about this trip. I don't know if that's good or bad, meaning everything was so spontaneous or I really am suffering from dementia.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #877
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK
Haha. I'm reading this at band practice. I completely forgot we went and different times. T told you there is SO much I cant remember about this trip. I don't know if that's good or bad, meaning everything was so spontaneous or I really am suffering from dementia.
Or, you were just really relaxed! As Pat has said, horrible!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #878
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Nick getting all the accepts. My son who went to Montana had Virginia Tech on his short list of schools. They have a good mining engineering course.

A few years ago filming was being done at TTofT. That was interesting as filming was inside at the line queue. Also when on our first cruise which was Carnival, a commercial with Kathy Lee Gifford was being made. They were all over the ship and at the ports of call.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #879
norybell
DIS Veteran

Congrats, Nick! How awesome that he has so many options!

The Little Mermaid looks great...I'm so glad New Fantasyland includes a traditional type of dark ride, I think they moved away from that too much in the past decade or so.

And LTT just may be my favorite place to eat at WDW. My jealousy continues...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #880
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
With all the comments about your memory not being exactly clear what you did, and it being difficult to figure it out from your pictures or lack of them, I was beginning to think I was reading Pat's Horrible TR again......
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Or, you were just really relaxed! As Pat has said, horrible!
If that is the horrible side effect to having a great trip, not remembering what you did when , join the club.

I can't help you here - I was on my way home.

Congrats to Nick!!!! So many choice - another great problem to have. You must be so proud of him!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #881
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

AHHH! Congrats to Nick! You know, I personally think he should go for Virginia Tech! But I'm not biased or anything... I'm not currently wearing a Virginia Tech crew neck or anything...

I love all the morning park pictures! And I feel like I never see pictures from the inside of Space Mountain so YAY!

Ah... I had to skip a lot of your last update because I've been trying realllly hard to stay spoiler free until I get to see New Fantasyland for myself! So... skipping... skipping... covering my eyes... AH, okay. Aww, those Christmas display pictures are gorgeous! I miss Christmas.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #882
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Nick, and good luck in the decision-making process.

I'm glad you folks got to check out the new Fantasyland. Great pictures of Ariel's Grotto.

Oooo, and some Longwood pics. Sweet! We went at Christmastime also, but I only took a few iPhone pictures...I guess I was just taking it all in.
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #883
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Congrats to Nick! Let us know what he chooses.

I thought the Little Mermaid was cute but I wanted it to be longer. How cool you got in for a soft opening.

I love Longwood Gardens, but missed going last year. Your pictures are beautiful!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #884
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think these might be similar lights like in La Hacienda and the Coronado.

Coronado

Yes I see Disney Everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Yes, funny how Disney seems to make that happen!
Disney is the master of the happy ending.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #885
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Love the Fantasyland pics. I can't wait to get over there to see the new Fantasyland for myself whenever that will be
petals is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: