Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #856
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Much to contrary opinion, we actually ARE responsible adults!
Being new here, I guess I will reserve judgement...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I honestly don't think Pat has to worry about her duck butt.
I have to agree........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I have the unfortunate reminder of my "duck butt" when I see pictures. Other than that I am not behind myself often....the only other reminder is when I have to squuuueeeeze by something and well then I get a reminder too.

Quote:
I think between the three of us and time stamps we can piece together the evening. Boy, we MUST have had a great time....especially if we can't remember it.
Wonder just how many times people have had a great time at Disney and had to rely on the pictures to remember it..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
For the record, when we all discussed the costumes we agreed on 2 things.

NO duck butt
NO duck bills!
Such a shame..........

Quote:
Well by the time the night got hazy I think it was lack of sleep, late hour, lack of food and rum wearing off. Plus a bit of dementia for all.
Your story and you're sticking to it.....???

Quote:
Or at least we like to think so

Quote:
We did have so much fun and yes we really did NOT have that much to drink. Long days, long night and lots of fun amnesia, that what it was.
Suuuuuuuuure it was.......
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #857
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Can't use that excuse for too long.

Quote:
I have to agree........

Oh really???? Quite the flirt aren't you???

Quote:
Wonder just how many times people have had a great time at Disney and had to rely on the pictures to remember it..............

Too often I forget the pictures as well and then leads to what I then call a "horrible trip".

Quote:
Such a shame..........

Yup that's our story.... Maybe you will have to plan on being there to be part of it next time. Then you'll see.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #858
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't use that excuse for too long.
Long enough hopefully...........

Quote:
Oh really???? Quite the flirt aren't you???
Who me???

Quote:
Too often I forget the pictures as well and then leads to what I then call a "horrible trip".
Interesting.......

Quote:
Yup that's our story.... Maybe you will have to plan on being there to be part of it next time. Then you'll see.
Hmmmm..........an invitation?? Now who's being a flirt???
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #859
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Joining up for the fun.

I know I am late, but sometimes life gets in the way of dis time, (some good Christmas and a trip to Disney, some bad sick parents).
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #860
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You need Nurse Cruella to confirm that!!!!
I do! I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I am so happy that I am not the only one who has those moments in Disney! When I hit the wall, I am done and I should just leave, but I always try and carry on

There was no way I was going home without May and June! But, yeah, I was tired enough to just call it quits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update and amazing pictures! You ladies look great in your costumes and I love the ones with the ghosts!
Thanks! We had a blast with those costumes. It was so much fun when people actually recognized us.

Quote:
I have the unfortunate reminder of my "duck butt" when I see pictures. Other than that I am not behind myself often....the only other reminder is when I have to squuuueeeeze by something and well then I get a reminder too.
I am frequently reminded of my duck butt and the shorts I had on did nothing to improve that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Nice pun on words Pat

Quote:

I am still shocked at the heel on that shoe!

So we hit the HM after BTMMR. That makes sense!

Quote:
For the record, when we all discussed the costumes we agreed on 2 things.

NO duck butt
NO duck bills!
We had this discussion? Well, I am positive I vetoed both!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #861
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
the only one I have and a horrible one at that.

I had Fireworks, KISS, skull ( as we ran by), break then the BMTRR, then HM. I can only assume during the break from 9:53- 10:25 is when we ate.
Pat, you are a regular detective! I need to figure out how to read the time stamps on my pictures. Maybe I would be more organized.

Quote:
We did have so much fun and yes we really did NOT have that much to drink. Long days, long night and lots of fun amnesia, that what it was.
That sounds a lot better than dementia! I'll take it!

Quote:
That's probably best!

Quote:
I have to agree........

Yeah - she's seeing things!

Quote:

Such a shame..........
I'm sure we aren't the first.

Quote:

Why Yes! Yes she is!

Quote:
I'm buying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Joining up for the fun.

I know I am late, but sometimes life gets in the way of dis time, (some good Christmas and a trip to Disney, some bad sick parents).
micandmin! Thanks for joining in. Glad you had a nice Christmas and I hope your Disney trip was fabulous. So sorry to hear that your parents aren't in good health. I can relate to that since my parents are elderly and are not in the best of health either.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #862
norybell
DIS Veteran

I was behind...lots of great updates! I am totally jonesing for a MNSSHP now. And for a night ride on BTMRR.

LOVE the fireworks shots. And the costumes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #863
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I was behind...lots of great updates! I am totally jonesing for a MNSSHP now. And for a night ride on BTMRR.
MNSSHP is so much fun! I really love that parade. I can't imagine ever getting tired of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
LOVE the fireworks shots. And the costumes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks and thanks - well, we actually have Cynthia to thank for the cool costumes.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #864
MEK
DIS Veteran

So I think it's time for an update, but first some news on the college application front.

Nick's college acceptances are all in. He got accepted to 8 out of the 9 schools he applied to. The 9th was his reach school - Georgia Tech. He is currently deferred there, so we're really not expecting an acceptance. In a way I guess its a good thing because traveling to Atlanta is clearly logistically more complex than going somewhere within driving distance.

He has been accepted to Virginia Tech, University of Md, University of Delaware. He has also received some nice scholarship offers to West Virginia University, and several smaller local schools - Rowan University, University of Scranton, York College, and Elizabethtown College. He will be studying engineering and he is somewhat torn between electrical and mechanical at this point. I think he will lean towards a school that has multiple choices of engineering fields. Although we recently toured York (which basically has no name recognition) and we were very impressed by the engineering facilities and the co-op program. And the machine shop. Very cool place.

So now we are visiting/revisiting all the schools so he can make an informed decision. It's going to be tough to figure this all out over the next couple months. I am very proud of Nick and happy that he has so many choices. Actually too many choices!

So on to the update.........

Fantasy Follies

Well, we made it to October 19th (Day 4). Perhaps its time to do a little recap.

Here goes:

October 16th - Arrival, the Ditch, and dinner in Epcot
October 17th - Storybook Circus, Lunch in Epcot, and F&W
October 18th - Breakfast with Tracy, DISmeet at the R&C, and MNSSHP

This was our last day staying VWL, so we decided to focus all our activities around the MK resort area.

For whoever asked whether I got up and ran, the answer is "yes". How do I know? Well, I took this pretty cool picture along the pathway to Fort Wilderness.

The fog lifting looked so cool!

Ou rpark plan this morning was MK. Cynthia mentioned rope drop. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen or I would have some pictures. As you can see, my memory of the morning events hasn't improve much. compared to the evening before. But I assure you - it DOES get better.

We took the boat again.

I just can't pass up an opportunity to photograph the ferry

Our entrance time

Not bad! But definitely not rope drop material!

It's pretty obvious its a gorgeous day!

How cute is he?

I love this area early in the morning

Must…. Stop…..For……Castle……Shot…….

Where were we headed? Do you need to ask? Why here, of course. We needed to get our ride on!

Not sure what the standby time was, but it was pretty much a walk on.

Tried to get a few pictures, but there really wasn't much time.

We got the coaster on the left. I think. …….. Oh No…..there's goes my memory again!

Looks like I tried a couple cell pictures on the way out.

Next stop was here…….

But as you can see Fantasyland was not open yet! However, a little birdy (aka cast member) told us to come back in about 15 minutes.

So I took a couple pictures

Hey - is that a new attraction - ride the Bull Dozer?

Without a clear plan, we walked here. We decided to pick up a FP to Peter Pan while we walked by.

You can tell the crowds were still pretty low

Here we had a light bulb moment. We originally had a very late lunch ADR at LTT when we originally had MNSSHP scheduled later in the trip. But then we canceled it. Cynthia decided to check her app and see if we could make a lunch reservation here. And guess what? Score! We got an ADR for 11:30 or 11:40!

I guess we went in the Christmas Shoppe, or maybe not, and then we decided to head back to Fantasyland and……guess what? SCORE again! WE were in!

On the way back

And in

Nothing like a soft opening to amp up the photo taking efficiency

Neat! I have about 100 more pictures of this fountain, but since this is the first one I took, I'll post it.

We hung a right and headed over to the Little Mermaid attraction with high hopes that it would be open.

Continued in Next Post.........

Last edited by MEK; 02-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #865
MEK
DIS Veteran

Looks like a little PR filming was going on,

Score again (that's called a hat trick) and we realized we were IN!

More filming

Entering the queue

Going in

Pretty

It was a little challenging to get good pictures because the queue was "walking".

Sometimes its nice to have a few more people in the queue just to slow things down. I really try to be aware of slowing down too much to the point where I obstruct the person behind me.

Looks like we are inside now…….

"Well hello there beautiful"

"Let me tell you a thing or two…."

Clamshell alert

Cute detail

Hey - where'd you come from?

We are obviously in our clam now

Ariel - welcome to your own attraction

She really looks so happy

Continued in the Next Post.........

Last edited by MEK; 02-17-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #866
MEK
DIS Veteran

Scenery

Can't you just hear her singing?

Ursula really IS pretty unattractive. Just sayin'

Woooooooooo…….Woooooooooo………What the HECK is going on to my fin>

Guess I better just sit back and go for the ride…

ahhhhhhhhh….. True Love!

Wait….what's that I hear?

There ain't nothing better than Happily Ever After…….

Celebrate good times….Come 'on…

So what did I think?

I really liked it! It had just the right amount of everything - story, color, movement, visual appeal. It picks up where Nemo left off. Same concept - just 10 or more times better.

Looking back I wish I had gone right back on it. I know there are so many details that I would have liked to see again.

Back outside - where they were filming before…..

Continued in Next Post.........

Old 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #867
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh Look - still filming away

Beast's Castle from a new vantage point was my next picture, but I forgot to post it. Not enough space now.

Up Next…..How this trip report got it's name.

Since I have a little extra room, I thought I would post a couple of the pictures I took at Longwood Gardens during their Christmas Display

Could this be a hidden mickey?

Continued in Next Post......

Last edited by MEK; 02-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #868
MEK
DIS Veteran

Another hidden mickey

I think I got the Bocca effect

Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #869
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Your Hallowishes pics are very pretty! And I love the Photopass pics!

ETWB just doesn't appeal to me. I really dislike the idea of it. A friend of mine recently went and her daughter (who is 7) really disliked it as well.

I am excited to experience the Little Mermaid ride though! It looks great!

And for getting the LTT ADR!

Best of luck to Nick on the whole college thing! Maybe Georgia Tech will come through! That's where my DH graduated from!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #870
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to Nick! Sounds like he has a bright future ahead of him

I all the pictures from the Little Mermaid! They made me even more excited for May! Caitlin and I had already decided we have to ride twice in a row to make sure we catch all the details! Can't wait!
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: