Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #841
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I guess we took the bus back to the WL and then you got your car. I can only imagine how silly you must have felt getting out of the car like that and walking through the parking lot.

Duh I DROVE to WL to meet you. We had to take a boat back and then I had to drive back to BCV. I said bus because that would be the only way for me to get back to BCV that late.

Then I started thinking why didn't we drive to MK....... the RUM thats why....

Quote:
Is that what happened? That would make sense. Maybe they asked if we wanted it and we said "yes" just for the heck of it. Those PP pix definitely do tell the story better. But I am afraid, as Christine would say, that I am going to lose my Disney card for not knowing the storyline better before I went into the attraction.
They still give out the PP afterward but I think they may be trying to only give it to those in the show - at least thats the way I felt in Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

We bid goodbye to Pat and were able to catch a boat fairly soon back to the WL (and for reference I’m pretty positive there isn’t a bus available to the WL, or FW for that matter,. Boat is the only option; it’s just a matter of which boat route so clearly Mary Ellen was more out of it than I realized if she recalls us taking a bus hee hee). It had been a long day and I know I was glad to make it back to the villa, get the wig and tights off and crash! I had an ambitious plan for the morning.

See above- I finally remembered that I had to go back with you to WL to get my car.

Quote:

I have a duck butt already, so I don't need anything else to accentuate it!

Um yes to my duck butt too, nothing more to make it any bigger than it already is.

Quote:
REally? We ate first and then went back to HM before we went to BTMMR? Do you think we ate, went to BTMMR, and then HM? I thought we went to BTMMR but I wasn't even sure. I really did time warp after we ate dinner.
Not sure if my time stamps will help but I can look.

Quote:
Hey - it was Pat who said we took a bus. I believed her.
not sure I said we .... I thought I meant I....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #842
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I really like all of these!

Quote:
Somehow the aftermath isn't quite as pretty!

You are so right! And sadly my timing is usually a little slow, so I tend to get a lot of “aftermath” photos!

Quote:

She was wonderful! And hysterical as well. Just a ton of funny little comments.

Hmmm, I need to go to this party and check this little addition out I think!

Quote:

Loved the mirror

Nice pics!

And I agree that BTMRR at night is definitely a lot more fun!!

Quote:
What? Youve never heard about the medicinal purposes of rum? Where have you been?
Of course! I was agreeing that HAD to be the reason……….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yeah, okay.......

Quote:
Um yes to my duck butt too, nothing more to make it any bigger than it already is.
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #843
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Rum sure had a strange effect on your memory!!! For me it is Dementia , just ask Nurse Cruella !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #844
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Belle is a favorite of mine, I have always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast. My new favorite is Brave, the movie really affected me in a way I did not expect.
Belle is so pretty. She is instantly likable. I have to admit - I have not seen Brave. I guess I should check it out.

Quote:
Anyway to be redundant, pictures are all good as usual!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
OMG Mary Ellen... I just got my keyboard partially replaced so thank you very much for the coffee spray that just reChristened it..

Your comments were a little naughty and totally hilarious and I hope now that it's Lent you are planning to behave yourself...
Oops....Sorry......

Quote:
for someone who was out of it ... you did have some interesting commentary and very good photos...
Those pp photos were great. Thank goodness I decided to look at them. I think they saved my update!

Quote:
I did love Pat's Queen of Hearts Photo...
Me too! Definitely a keeper!

Quote:
& I'm guessing that Cynthia was the designated driver this night since she seems to have a clear idea of what actually transpired in Belle's cottage that evening...
If we had drive Cynthia would definitely have been the designated driver. Thank goodness we had someone on West Coast time!

Quote:
I would do it if the line wasn't crazy and I could get David and Ems in there with me... since Belle is her favorite princess...
I could definitely see your kids taking roles in that attraction. It certainly would make for great pictures.

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]Can't wait to see what you all get up to next... Curious to see if MaryEllen makes it on her morning run the next day...

It's amazing what a little sleep can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
We just got back last weekend from Disney so I am getting caught back up. Great pics! We love the MNSSHP! It is always so much fun.
Welcome Back! Hope you had a great trip! If you start a TR will you please let me know!

MNSSHP was SO much fun! It certainly did not disappoint!

Quote:
Duh I DROVE to WL to meet you. We had to take a boat back and then I had to drive back to BCV. I said bus because that would be the only way for me to get back to BCV that late.
Oh gotcha! My bad. I couldn't remember which way we got back. that part of my memory is gone, so when you said "bus" I figured my memory issues were solved. Apparently not.

Quote:

Yeah - that probably wouldn't have been the best idea, would it?

Quote:
They still give out the PP afterward but I think they may be trying to only give it to those in the show - at least thats the way I felt in Jan.
But we got one anyway, didn't we? Muhahahahaha!

Quote:
See above- I finally remembered that I had to go back with you to WL to get my car.
So you mean you almost left your car in the WL parking lot? That would have been bad since you were leaving the next day?

Quote:

Right on sista!

Quote:
Not sure if my time stamps will help but I can look.
I don't think I have time stamps and since I didn't take pictures of BTMMR I have no idea what happened. Maybe there was a hypnotic in my taco salad?

Quote:
not sure I said we .... I thought I meant I....
There we go again - putting words in your mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
They really turned out great! I agree!

Quote:
You are so right! And sadly my timing is usually a little slow, so I tend to get a lot of aftermath photos!
I often have the same problem. That's why I use manual settings at night.

Quote:
Hmmm, I need to go to this party and check this little addition out I think!

Nice pics!
She was a hoot! I definitely recommend checking out the party. It's awesome!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #845
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I agree that BTMRR at night is definitely a lot more fun!!
SO. MUCH. BETTER. Almost like a different ride altogether.

Quote:
Of course! I was agreeing that HAD to be the reason&&&.
Definitely THE reason!

Quote:
Yeah, okay.......
Much to contrary opinion, we actually ARE responsible adults!

Quote:
I honestly don't think Pat has to worry about her duck butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Rum sure had a strange effect on your memory!!! For me it is Dementia , just ask Nurse Cruella !!!
Rosie - I think it was dementia for me, too!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #846
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rosie - I think it was dementia for me, too!
You need Nurse Cruella to confirm that!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #847
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I am so happy that I am not the only one who has those moments in Disney! When I hit the wall, I am done and I should just leave, but I always try and carry on

Great update and amazing pictures! You ladies look great in your costumes and I love the ones with the ghosts!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #848
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I honestly don't think Pat has to worry about her duck butt.
I have the unfortunate reminder of my "duck butt" when I see pictures. Other than that I am not behind myself often....the only other reminder is when I have to squuuueeeeze by something and well then I get a reminder too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #849
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have the unfortunate reminder of my "duck butt" when I see pictures. Other than that I am not behind myself often....the only other reminder is when I have to squuuueeeeze by something and well then I get a reminder too.
Nice pun on words Pat
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #850
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Some more from the mix and mingle-
I was standing with Cynthia and MAryEllen but I had the Super zoom...

My picture of KISS and his "treat bag"

Yes BMTRR before HM I looked at time stamps- This was on the mountain

This was at 10:36

This at 10:47

Belle
The mirror

starts like this ----- SPOILER ALERT------

and turns into this

I think between the three of us and time stamps we can piece together the evening. Boy, we MUST have had a great time....especially if we can't remember it.
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #851
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I've sat here a few times thinking that the way you all look in those wigs reminded me of something n couldnt figure out what it wasbut,as soon as I saw Pat n Cynthia's faces in the haunted mansion pic where the ghost is in the coach n you throw your hands back with a scared face.......It came to me Pat looks like Vicki Lawrencein it and so the 3 of you could be characters from the Carol Burnette show!!!
Or Hee Haw

That is so funny though and I can totally see that. Those pictures totally crack me up every time I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I would agree that it seemed wrong to give the PP card to everyone whether or not they were in the Belle show and not have pictures with anyone who wanted it. Maybe it would take too long?
I know Paige was sort of bummed because Belle is her favorite princess and Sarah was in the show and got a picture with her. Then again, Paige didn't want to be in the show. Nor did we really know what was going to happen in there!

I like your castle and fireworks shots too Cynthia!
Your "special" PP pictures are great - wish we'd have done that! Guess I'll have to go back!
I can see where it could take too long but since all the performers do get a picture with her it would seem easy to limit the cards to just those folks.

For phone pictures, I was pretty happy with the castle shots!

Quote:
The party was SO much fun! I really recommend it and the next time I go I would like to dress up again. That was very fun!
I am really glad we dressed up and would totally do it again.

Quote:
I love this one! I think your castle pix turned out great!
For phone pictures I was really happy with them!

Quote:
REally? We ate first and then went back to HM before we went to BTMMR? Do you think we ate, went to BTMMR, and then HM? I thought we went to BTMMR but I wasn't even sure. I really did time warp after we ate dinner.
I didn't take pics of BTMRR so wasn't sure of the order but food definitely showed up before HM in my pics lol. I just know how hungry we were and definitely recall heading straight to food (seeing KISS on the way) and after that I was kind of just in a "anything is good, whatever" mood so the order of things just wasn't remotely important. I was just soaking up the party and atmosphere (as evidenced by the shocking lack of pictures). Not one of us took a picture of any of the candy trails.

Quote:
She was so freakin' funny! I don't remember ever seeing her during my first party, but I loved her at the second party. What a great job to have!
She was hysterical, I'd probably try to visit her twice next time.

Quote:
I LOVE BTMMR in the dark and I have no doubt that the wig was probably falling off my head because knowing me I just had it off to scratch my scalp!
I just remember laughing SO much on that ride. It is always best in the dark but was amped up for some reason (rum, wig, taco salad, who knows).

Quote:
I did not know that Belle was you favorite and that this was your fav story. Neat.
Favorite movie. The book itself is actually quite a short story. It's the whole princess who READS thing that gets me.

Quote:
What? Where do you look asleep? You look smiling and happy in all your pictures. AT least I thought.
So smiling in one my eyes are closed....lol!

Quote:
Belle is a favorite of mine, I have always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast. My new favorite is Brave, the movie really affected me in a way I did not expect.

Anyway to be redundant, pictures are all good as usual!
I haven't seen Brave yet, need to! People seem to love it or not care for it, not a lot of middle ground with it.

Quote:

& I'm guessing that Cynthia was the designated driver this night since she seems to have a clear idea of what actually transpired in Belle's cottage that evening...

I would do it if the line wasn't crazy and I could get David and Ems in there with me... since Belle is her favorite princess...[/COLOR]

Can't wait to see what you all get up to next... Curious to see if MaryEllen makes it on her morning run the next day...
Well I wasn't a very good DD as I forgot Pat was on the boat with us which was DOH as I certainly know she drove to WL and took the boat over with us....

I just know taking a bus back to WL would have been literally impossible so we definitely didn't do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
We just got back last weekend from Disney so I am getting caught back up. Great pics! We love the MNSSHP! It is always so much fun.
So much fun and so glad we went and dressed up!

Quote:

That and parking. At the time I think we all though boat would be faster. In retrospect, not so much. It's funny though, the pictures and hazy memories would imply we had more rum than we actually did. One drink at the pool and one for the road (boat wait) and you probably had one less than we did.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #852
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

For the record, when we all discussed the costumes we agreed on 2 things.

NO duck butt
NO duck bills!

Quote:

You are so right! And sadly my timing is usually a little slow, so I tend to get a lot of “aftermath” photos!
Me too! I was really happy with some of the castle shots. My fireworks shots are pretty much always awful so I expect aftermath but was thrilled to get a few decent ones in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well by the time the night got hazy I think it was lack of sleep, late hour, lack of food and rum wearing off. Plus a bit of dementia for all.

Quote:

Much to contrary opinion, we actually ARE responsible adults!
Or at least we like to think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I am so happy that I am not the only one who has those moments in Disney! When I hit the wall, I am done and I should just leave, but I always try and carry on

Great update and amazing pictures! You ladies look great in your costumes and I love the ones with the ghosts!
We had so much fun! I think we all hit that wall at one point or another.

Quote:
Some more from the mix and mingle-
I was standing with Cynthia and MAryEllen but I had the Super zoom...

My picture of KISS and his "treat bag"

Yes BMTRR before HM I looked at time stamps- This was on the mountain

This was at 10:36

This at 10:47

I think between the three of us and time stamps we can piece together the evening. Boy, we MUST have had a great time....especially if we can't remember it.
Great pics!!!

Ok so food, candy trail, bio break, BTMRR, HM, candy trail by ITSWAA/PP then new FL? I keep meaning to check the time stamps on the photopass ones as I can't remember when we did the hitchhiking pic, just know it was a bit difficult to find.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #853
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't take pics of BTMRR so wasn't sure of the order but food definitely showed up before HM in my pics lol. I just know how hungry we were and definitely recall heading straight to food (seeing KISS on the way) and after that I was kind of just in a "anything is good, whatever" mood so the order of things just wasn't remotely important. I was just soaking up the party and atmosphere (as evidenced by the shocking lack of pictures). Not one of us took a picture of any of the candy trails.
the only one I have and a horrible one at that.

I had Fireworks, KISS, skull ( as we ran by), break then the BMTRR, then HM. I can only assume during the break from 9:53- 10:25 is when we ate.

Quote:
I just remember laughing SO much on that ride. It is always best in the dark but was amped up for some reason (rum, wig, taco salad, who knows).

Well I wasn't a very good DD as I forgot Pat was on the boat with us which was DOH as I certainly know she drove to WL and took the boat over with us....

I just know taking a bus back to WL would have been literally impossible so we definitely didn't do that!

That and parking. At the time I think we all though boat would be faster. In retrospect, not so much. It's funny though, the pictures and hazy memories would imply we had more rum than we actually did. One drink at the pool and one for the road (boat wait) and you probably had one less than we did.
We did have so much fun and yes we really did NOT have that much to drink. Long days, long night and lots of fun amnesia, that what it was.
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #854
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For the record, when we all discussed the costumes we agreed on 2 things.

NO duck butt
NO duck bills!

Quote:
Ok so food, candy trail, bio break, BTMRR, HM, candy trail by ITSWAA/PP then new FL? I keep meaning to check the time stamps on the photopass ones as I can't remember when we did the hitchhiking pic, just know it was a bit difficult to find.
Yes - I think we did the hitchhiking picture almost last...... I think we had to go back to find it because we forgot the first time. and the one by the wall.... we had to ask a CM.
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #855
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
the only one I have and a horrible one at that.

I had Fireworks, KISS, skull ( as we ran by), break then the BMTRR, then HM. I can only assume during the break from 9:53- 10:25 is when we ate.

We did have so much fun and yes we really did NOT have that much to drink. Long days, long night and lots of fun amnesia, that what it was.

Fun amnesia! I like that. Lapses of memory caused by too much laughing!

Perfect.

I'd bet a Mickey bar that's when we ate as I know I was on the verge of a hunger meltdown.

Quote:
Yes - I think we did the hitchhiking picture almost last...... I think we had to go back to find it because we forgot the first time. and the one by the wall.... we had to ask a CM.
We did have to go back, it was very hidden and no line. That much I remember!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: