Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #796
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
All three of us had a great time! It was actually a surprise to Cynthia and I how much we got to hang out with Pat. If she hadn't left we she did (stupid work) we would have definitely been a threesome through the whole trip!
Disney trips are always great! Pleasant surprises added in just make them even more special!

Quote:
Glad you like the pix. I am sure that Cynthia and Pat both have some good ones to add. I know Cynthia got some spectacular ones on her phone.
Funny how I can often capture better pics when I forgot my camera and use my phone in a pinch. Can't wait to see Cynthia's! And I'm guessing Pat really did get some spectacular pictures too!

And no, I didn't read ahead.........really I didn't! What would make you think I read ahead???

Quote:
Just you wait - my all time best EVER HM picture was taken on my last night. So you have a little waiting to do!
Ooooo......the drama......the suspense!!!

Quote:
Let's just say I used a few choice words while editing those photos.
Were any of them "sackum" and "frackum".......???

Quote:
I would LOVE that. How fun would it be? It would be fun to follow crazy DISers like us!
But it might also be crazy following fun DISers too!!!

Quote:
It was pretty cool when people realized who we were. That was fun!
I have to admit I would not have been one of them. I probably would have opted for Huey, Dewey and Louie.........

in drag???

Quote:
Hmmmmm......wouldn't you like to know? I am certain it was one of the many flavors of rum in our room!

Why is the rum always..................delicious???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I have this from the Villian Mix and Mingle.

Looks like the queen is floating

Spectacular picture Pat!!!

Quote:
Cue the hat
Great fireworks shot (maybe even spectacular)! And look at that cool hat in the bottom right corner!!!

Love the sequence with the series of exploding fireworks too!!!

But I think you took it a little too far with that final "hat" picture.......
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #797
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love all the firework shots hat and all. But I would've been annoyed by the hat too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #798
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just keeping up!!!
Right on Rosie!!!!!! More soon!

Quote:

I have this from the Villian Mix and Mingle.

Looks like the queen is floating

I love this picture! That's really great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures, Pat.
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
On a business trip so it's mucked up my week a bit but hoping to get my update up soon!!!
I think I'll post my pictures from the end of the party and then let you get caught up before I go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
love this one!!
It's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great photos of the villains show and hallowishes!! I love them. My husband is a HUGE Kiss fan, and he would probably be upset to know that I made him dress up as Captain Hook when we went to MNSSHP and others are allowed to dress up as band members

OMG - well then don't let him see those pictures! But now you can use that idea for a costume for the next time you go! You can be Tinkerbell and he can be Gene Simmons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great Hallowishes photos!! But I can see where that hat was pretty annoying. You still got some pretty amazing shots though, so don't be too upset about that darn hat.
Thanks! Yeah - the hat got a little annoying, for sure! But it could have been a lot worse, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she decided to go get checked out!
Thank you! She did and she is recuperating at my brother's house now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Disney trips are always great! Pleasant surprises added in just make them even more special!
I totally agree!

Quote:
Funny how I can often capture better pics when I forgot my camera and use my phone in a pinch. Can't wait to see Cynthia's! And I'm guessing Pat really did get some spectacular pictures too!
I use my phone in a pinch, too and I use it a lot for food pictures. It's a lot less obtrusive!

Quote:
And no, I didn't read ahead.........really I didn't! What would make you think I read ahead???
Quote:
Ooooo......the drama......the suspense!!!
I hope the picture is as good as I remember.

Quote:
Were any of them "sackum" and "frackum".......???
Those and a few others.

Quote:
But it might also be crazy following fun DISers too!!!
No doubt!

Quote:
I have to admit I would not have been one of them. I probably would have opted for Huey, Dewey and Louie.........

in drag???

Quote:

Rum just has those medicinal properties that make everything better!

Quote:
It really is!

Quote:
Great fireworks shot (maybe even spectacular)! And look at that cool hat in the bottom right corner!!!

I thought Pat was to my right, but clearly she was not. So much for my memory!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love all the firework shots hat and all. But I would've been annoyed by the hat too.
Thank! Knowing you, you would have totally found a way around that hat!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #799
MEK
DIS Veteran

Cynthia mentioned above that she is on a business trip, so I am going ahead with my next update and then I'll let her catch up.

So now I present........

Enchanted Tales With Belle

In my last update we had just watched the fireworks, ridden the Hidden Mansion, had some grub at Pecos Bill and made away over to Fantasyland. While we were checking out the outside of Be Our Guest we noticed a line outside of Belle's House. Apparently there was a soft opening for Enchanted Tales With Belle, so we hopped in line and followed the crowd.

Entering the attraction

I seriously hit the wall here so I don't remember what was going on all that well, but I believe we were in a little ante-room with a CM who was explaining the attraction.

Then, I think, we walked through here.

In the next room one of the focal points was the cupboard

Here's where the story started with different people in the group taking different roles in the story

Details……

Rug on the wall

Then, finally, we got to see Belle herself

May and June are blocking my view. Actually, truth be known, I was sitting behind them because there was enough bench available that I could actually lie down for a few minutes. Yup, I was fading FAST! Not one of my finer moments.

So what did I think of Belle's Tales. I didn't really get it. Maybe because I was tired. Maybe because I've seen Beauty and the Beast once. Maybe because it was poorly conceived. I don't know. But to me, it was sort of a sleeper. I surely wouldn't stand in a long line for it. Hopefully Pat or Cynthia will have a better assessment of the attraction.

I don't even remember how many people got picked to participate. All I know is it seemed awkward.

I found some PP pix of this attraction. I swear they are the same people who were in our group so maybe we had our PP card swiped while we were in there and got pictures of random people with Belle.

Continued in the Next Post.......

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 02-14-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #800
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued.........

Here are the PP pix of our group

This little guy in really cute

Did this guest actually volunteer or was he forced into it?

What about this one?

The better to see you with my dear.....

I will admit - he sure does look happy!

Now this little guy doesn't look completely sure

This little girl needs some sleep

In a boy's dream

Oh Belle, why can't I take you home with me tonight?

I'll get you my pretty....muhahahahaha

Guy on the left (Thank goodness I agreed to wear this makeup so no one recognizes me)

Is it really bad that I just posted 21 pictures of totally random people that were in this attraction with me?????

NAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Continued in Next Post.........

Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #801
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued........

After Belle's House I'm not really sure what we did, but my next picture is here.

I think I actually look like I am in pain. I was. It was still way past my bedtime since I had definitely not hit vacation sleep mode.

The crowds were a little thinner now and I took a few more pictures along Main Street

The time……..

Looks like we decided to leave

A few more photo pass pics to cap off the night

We definitely did trick or treat. It was totally random as to how much candy received from each CM. A couple times we got through the line and then got right back in. One CM sort of frowned at me for my obviously uncouth behavior, but by now there lines were super short and there was hardly anyone around.

For the record - I ended up giving my candy to Nick.

I totally do NOT remember the boat ride home. In fact, did we even take the boat home or did we bus it? OMG!!!!!!!!! I have no idea. Help!!!!!

This was Pat's last night and her plan was to get up early the next morning and hit the road back to NC. So we all said our Good Byes. Of course, I don't remember any of this either since I was practically comatose.

So - overall - A GREAT PARTY. Fun costumes, great viewing spots, lot of loot, and we got to preview a new attraction that I won't be taking my nephews to see this summer. However, I know my brother would be thrilled to get that up close and personal with Belle.

Up Next......Back to Fantasyland in the AM. Would we get to ride the Little Mermaid? Stick around for that and more!

Last edited by MEK; 02-14-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #802
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Aww, you didn't like Enchanted Tales with Belle? I loved it! I think it is amazing, that whole thing with the mirror/door is so cool! And Lumiere talking is awesome! Next time I see it, I want to actually be something in it!

I love your hitchhiking ghost pics, I didn't know they moved the location! I just love how spooky MK looks during the Halloween party!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #803
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

We are really looking forward to seeing Belle's storytime in May so I hope you just caught it on an off night or your opinion was due to your lack of sleep.

I love the PP pics with the ghosts! So cute!

I hope you got a good night's rest that evening!
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #804
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great update! I skipped Enchanted Tales since I didn't think it was something I'd enjoy and it looks like I was right.

I hope your mom is ok.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #805
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

LOVE your costumes...OMG, the one when you are all looking surprised...

Soooo funny!

So, is this thing with Belle supposed to be like the skits in Italy or GB in Epcot, but on a grander scale? I can kind of see where inside it might be awkward- and I really can't figure out why that is? But I can see it. Maybe the pressure to pick people who really WANT to perform, when the show is constant all day instead of once in a blue moon during the day. At any rate- I think it would be fun if you got picked with your friends- in a humiliating, now we need to go back to the Ditch and never leave, kind of way.

And your fireworks pics were AMAZING!!!!!! Can't even pick a favorite- because they ALL are!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #806
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Aww, you didn't like Enchanted Tales with Belle? I loved it! I think it is amazing, that whole thing with the mirror/door is so cool! And Lumiere talking is awesome! Next time I see it, I want to actually be something in it!
I did like the mirror/door for sure. That was really cool. I honestly think my problem was I don't know the story line that well (as much as I hate to admit that) and I was exhausted at that point. So I am sure I judged it a little harshly. I should probably watch the movie again before I go so I am completely ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love your hitchhiking ghost pics, I didn't know they moved the location! I just love how spooky MK looks during the Halloween party!
I barely remember having that picture taken. All I remember is there wasn't much of a wait! MK looks totally spooky during the party. I LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
We are really looking forward to seeing Belle's storytime in May so I hope you just caught it on an off night or your opinion was due to your lack of sleep.
I don't think it was an off night, it's just me and it wasn't my thing. Plus I was so tired that it was hard for me to take the whole storyline in. I am sure I would have enjoyed it more at a different time a day. I hope you guys love it.

Quote:
I love the PP pics with the ghosts! So cute!
We got some many great photo-ops that evening. It was a really fun time!

Quote:
I hope you got a good night's rest that evening!
I don't even remember leaving the park so I am sure I was asleep in 0.5 seconds flat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great update! I skipped Enchanted Tales since I didn't think it was something I'd enjoy and it looks like I was right.

I am willing to try it again when I am more awake, but I definitely need to watch the movie again. It's been years and I only remember the basic story line. But I have to admit, those little kids really were cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I hope your mom is ok.
She is feeling somewhat better today, so that's good. She is staying at my brother's until she recovers more.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #807
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
LOVE your costumes...OMG, the one when you are all looking surprised...

Soooo funny!
We have Cynthia to thank for our super fun, although somewhat itchy, costumes!

Quote:
So, is this thing with Belle supposed to be like the skits in Italy or GB in Epcot, but on a grander scale? I can kind of see where inside it might be awkward- and I really can't figure out why that is? But I can see it. Maybe the pressure to pick people who really WANT to perform, when the show is constant all day instead of once in a blue moon during the day.
I can definitely see it being awkward too, although everyone in our group got it together (I think ). I definitely think it would be hard to pick the right people all day long, but it was cool how some of the dads stepped up.

Quote:
At any rate- I think it would be fun if you got picked with your friends- in a humiliating, now we need to go back to the Ditch and never leave, kind of way.
That's exactly how I would describe it! Well said!

Quote:
And your fireworks pics were AMAZING!!!!!! Can't even pick a favorite- because they ALL are!
Thanks! We had a great spot with a lot of light, so it really helped and the castle just looked amazing!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #808
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:

in drag???
There were a few times I felt like Huey, Dewey, or Louie in drag.

Quote:

Because it is.....

Quote:

Had no idea hat lady was there. I had no idea MEK was right behind her or I would have moved over more.
If I knew she was there there would be MORE hat pictures

Quote:
I thought Pat was to my right, but clearly she was not. So much for my memory!
Well maybe you were thinking my right, since I seem to get right and left mixed up at times. Yeah Yeah I know MEK was to my right.

I know I had to take a bus back, but don't rememebr either. I can only imagine how funny I looked alone dressed as a lone duck going back to the beach club.

I did have fun. Always better with a group. We did get some good shot that night. I think we all may have gotten a special PP card for Belle. I loaded it because I didnt really have many pictures of the whole show and those while with other people were some of the better shots to tell the story.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #809
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am absolutely over this update! I completely forgot about you laying down (or really, if memory serves you pretending to and then sitting up) at Enchanted Tales. I'll post my own take on it as I apparently remember a little bit more than you do.

I am back from my trip tonight but wow, thank goodness I caught an earlier flight. Amazing how neither kid remembered they needed stuff for valentines until we were on the way home from Eric's honor band practice and Evan just happened to be asked to help at. They would have been SOL had Jeff been doing pick up as originally planned.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #810
KatMark
DIS Veteran

An interesting update for you, Mary Ellen.

Seriously, I know how you were feeling...I've had those moments at Disney and have no idea what I did.

I have heard pros/cons on Storytime with Belle. I can tell you that I will not be going to see it unless I have grandchildren. To me it is much more for children and I sure am not waiting 90 or 120 minutes for it which was the post time when we were there in December.

I loved every single one of your Photopass pictures. Besides you all dragging, they looked great.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: