Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #751
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Nice spot you guys scored for watching the show and fireworks!

This photo was my favourite at first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
... because it's a really awesome capture of that firework! Also the castle in mostly silhouette and the little sparks from the firework, the whole thing is really awesome.

But then I saw this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
And immediately had a new favourite. WOW. This picture perfectly sums up fireworks at MK. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it's something to do with the incredible colour and the partially lit up faces of so many people staring at the castle, and the wider angle showing some of the MK decorations... fantastic shot. Almost photojournalistic.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #752
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Nice spot you guys scored for watching the show and fireworks!

This photo was my favourite at first:

... because it's a really awesome capture of that firework! Also the castle in mostly silhouette and the little sparks from the firework, the whole thing is really awesome.
I like this one a lot, too! I really like how that one burst turned out. I can definitely see how a tripod could have helped me replicate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
But then I saw this one:

And immediately had a new favourite. WOW. This picture perfectly sums up fireworks at MK. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it's something to do with the incredible colour and the partially lit up faces of so many people staring at the castle, and the wider angle showing some of the MK decorations... fantastic shot. Almost photojournalistic.
There was so much light when I took this one. It was really cool to get that somewhat surreal effect. It really was a great night for fireworks!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #753
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Now really caught up! THANK YOU for the links, they really helped this girl that is 2 months behind on the DIS.

LOVING your report! That pillow was perfect for Tracy. I'm still bummed Henry and Joe didn't make it to the meet too, I really wanted them to come but knew it would be melt-down central with Henry because he was dead-set on seeing the Lion King film in The Land and we would have missed the entire meet to do both. I guess we just have to do another BIG meet!

Your fireworks pictures are amazing! Even with the hat. I totally understand though, we've been in similar situations. If it was Mickey Ears it would be perfect though. Maybe edit it to add ears.

Those KISS costumes are awesome! Wow! I love that they have trick-or-treat bags too. Hilarious!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #754
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I can see how that hat would be a nuissance,the thing that bothers me about it is this.....If I was in a place knowing full well that there were people all around wanting to take pictures I would've removed it out of courtesy to others.It's not like its a wig or something thats worked into her hair do.People just don't think sometimes or they don't care,and it's common sense.i woulda been calling it f adjectives too lol

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #755
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Great pics of the castle and Hallowishes. Too bad about that pesky hat!
Those guys in the KISS costumes are too funny. I can remember being terrified of them when I was a kid!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #756
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Updates Mary Ellen!!I think the Hat adds a little Halloweenish touch to your pix !!I love watching the Castle change colors at night ,it;s just sooo magical!!!!!The Taco Salad looked good !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #757
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Now really caught up! THANK YOU for the links, they really helped this girl that is 2 months behind on the DIS.
I'm so glad the links helped. I know they always help me when I have to catch up!

Quote:
LOVING your report! That pillow was perfect for Tracy.
Wasn't that pillow awesome. We were seriously so lucky to find that when we did. It was just meant to be.

Quote:
I'm still bummed Henry and Joe didn't make it to the meet too, I really wanted them to come but knew it would be melt-down central with Henry because he was dead-set on seeing the Lion King film in The Land and we would have missed the entire meet to do both. I guess we just have to do another BIG meet!

I remember you said that and as a mother of two boys, I can totally relate to that age. Sometimes its just better to go with the path of least resistance. We are just so thrilled that you and so many other DISers were able to be there.

Quote:
Your fireworks pictures are amazing! Even with the hat. I totally understand though, we've been in similar situations. If it was Mickey Ears it would be perfect though. Maybe edit it to add ears.
I knew we were in a good photo spot with lots of good light. The funny thing about that hat was I really didn't notice it that much when I was taking the pictures, but during editing I was like WTH?

Quote:
Those KISS costumes are awesome! Wow! I love that they have trick-or-treat bags too. Hilarious!
I definitely did a double take when I saw them. For a split second I really thought they were part of the parade and then I realized they were KISS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I can see how that hat would be a nuissance,the thing that bothers me about it is this.....If I was in a place knowing full well that there were people all around wanting to take pictures I would've removed it out of courtesy to others.It's not like its a wig or something thats worked into her hair do.People just don't think sometimes or they don't care,and it's common sense.i woulda been calling it f adjectives too lol
That funny thing about the hat was it really wasn't bothering me while I was taking the pictures. I knew there was someone in front of me with a hat, but I really thought I was keeping it out of the pics. When I went to edit I couldn't believe how many pictures had that hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Great pics of the castle and Hallowishes. Too bad about that pesky hat!
Thanks! That hat - OY! I didn't realize how bad it was until I took the pictures. I guess I thought I was shooting over it, but apparently I wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Those guys in the KISS costumes are too funny. I can remember being terrified of them when I was a kid!
I think those guys really meant to go to the party at Universal Studios but they took a wrong turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Updates Mary Ellen!!I think the Hat adds a little Halloweenish touch to your pix !!I love watching the Castle change colors at night ,it;s just sooo magical!!!!!The Taco Salad looked good !!!
Thanks Rosie - I'm glad you like the hat incorporated into the pics. That castle was really amazing that night. The colors and the fireworks together were so amazing. And - yes - that taco salad was yummy. It really hit the spot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #758
amazingact21
Upendi

Even with that hat, all your firework pictures are great. I love the castle colors during Hallowishes, and your photos brought me back to the MNSSHP I attended.

I can understand how the hat was driving you nuts. It never went away! I had that happen once with a dad and a kid on his shoulders. He placed his tot there last minute, too late for me to move, so I have a bunch of photos of their backs. You'd think the "witch" would've thought to take off her hat, but alas...

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #759
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That does stink that someone kept their hat on during the show - they probably didn't even think that it was affecting your viewing of HalloWishes! Good job avoiding it for the most part though!!

Your taco salad looks really good - we're trying to decide what to have for lunch here...after shoveling out our cars from the snow, I've already declared that I want to move somewhere tropical...why not Disney...and then I can have a taco salad! Problems solved!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #760
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Even with that hat, all your firework pictures are great. I love the castle colors during Hallowishes, and your photos brought me back to the MNSSHP I attended.
Thanks! I was so happy we found such a great vantage point at the last minute like that. It was near perfect except for the.......HAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I can understand how the hat was driving you nuts. It never went away! I had that happen once with a dad and a kid on his shoulders. He placed his tot there last minute, too late for me to move, so I have a bunch of photos of their backs. You'd think the "witch" would've thought to take off her hat, but alas...
I can't believe it wasn't driving me nuts at the time, but when I went to edit I literally had to stop once and walk away because it was driving me THAT crazy! I never would have expected her to take that stupid hat off, but then again I never expected it to turn up in 80% of my pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That does stink that someone kept their hat on during the show - they probably didn't even think that it was affecting your viewing of HalloWishes! Good job avoiding it for the most part though!!
I'm sure they didn't. It honestly looked very benign at the time, but when it kept showing up in all my pictures I was like . I actually left out a lot of pictures with the HAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your taco salad looks really good - we're trying to decide what to have for lunch here...after shoveling out our cars from the snow, I've already declared that I want to move somewhere tropical...why not Disney...and then I can have a taco salad! Problems solved!!
Ugh - did you get a lot of snow. We got absolutely nothing. I really shouldn't complain - I rather have nothing than 24 inches. But I was kind-of hoping for a little snow. Just for variety.

I agree - tropical is definitely in my retirement plan. I don't think old people should have to live in the cold. EVER!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #761
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen, you got some really great photos of the castle and fireworks. I take my hat off to you! (Sorry couldn't help it. )
I really know about "those" people. If you ever get to DLRP try to find a space where there are NO kids in front of you. People will put them on their shoulders and block your view completely.

And I can so relate to taking too many pics. No matter how often I have seen those fireworks I "have to" take pics. I guess we have a gazillion of them. You HM pics are great and even though I just had dinner, that taco salad looks delish!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #762
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Mary Ellen, you got some really great photos of the castle and fireworks. I take my hat off to you! (Sorry couldn't help it. )
Haha!!!!! Good one!!!!!! I'm glad you like the pics!

Quote:
I really know about "those" people. If you ever get to DLRP try to find a space where there are NO kids in front of you. People will put them on their shoulders and block your view completely.
I would hate the kid on the shoulders thing. That would definitely be distracting. I really don't think she was trying to be distracting and I probably could have moved a little to one direction or another, but I honestly didn't notice how bad it was until I downloaded the photos.

Quote:
And I can so relate to taking too many pics. No matter how often I have seen those fireworks I "have to" take pics. I guess we have a gazillion of them. You HM pics are great and even though I just had dinner, that taco salad looks delish!

I took obsessive amounts of pictures. It was crazy. It was like I put my camera on a multiple setting and just kept hitting the button. There are SO many more pictures that I didn't post. Heck - I could still be posting them now.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #763
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Such lovely pictures! A consequence of digital cameras is snapping photos until your fingers cramp! Remember saving film for special photos?! LOL
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #764
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I
I wish I had thought of that!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #765
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Such lovely pictures! A consequence of digital cameras is snapping photos until your fingers cramp! Remember saving film for special photos?! LOL
Thanks!

My fingers didn't quite cramp, but it was close.

Honestly I barely took any pictures back in the film days. Digital just opened up a whole new world for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I wish I had thought of that!!!!

Kudos to Karin! She was right on with that one!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: