Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #721
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

April, May and June, I love you!

After our wonderful DISmeet, a glass of wine, a stroll and some photopass pictures, I was all about the pool! If memory serves we moved pretty quickly, it was warm out and we wanted to maximixe our time in the sun.

Except, the villa pool isn't sunny.

It is lovely, surrounded by evergreens (that would never grow in the Northwest) but just lovely. Private, woodsy andÖshady. It may have more sun in the morning but we found ourselves, along with another woman, doing the lounger dash. Moving from sun spot to sun spot to sun spot toÖgiving up. We did go in and cool off, we did lounge a little and enjoy our pool drinks but sunbathing was not to be. WAH! It was actually kind of funny, so often you are in search of shade and we were definitely in search of sun! As we lounged we saw others coming down in costume to head over to the MK. Since it was my first party just seeing those first costumes, got me excited! Pat met us at the pool and we headed up for the big reveal.
Iíll admit. Iím not actually big on costumes. When we discussed whether to go to the party or not honestly it didn't even cross my mind. I just knew I wanted to go to the party, Iíd never been and had really only heard good things. It wasn't until the date got closer and other folks we knew that were going started to really talk about their costumes.

As pictures started to appear in PTRís, on FB both before and after parties started, I started to feel lame. We had Cruellea and her puppies, Wendy from Peter Pan, The Incredibles, Mary and Bert. So many people doing very fun and creative things. If we were going to go, it seemed like we should try to do something! I looked around for a cute tee shirt, that would be ok, I thought. Couldn't find anything I liked. And then somewhere, somehow, the idea of Huey, Louie and Dewey popped up. I googled. Found it had been done before for the party, and was awfully cute. I tossed it out to Mary Ellen, simply saying I had an idea but weíd need a third and it was an obvious choice to ask Pat. Who was a good sport and agreed. In looking, we had some previous party goers going for the "boy" look with baseball hats and others, with a more pastel girly approach. As I looked for primary colored hats and tees it occurred to me, that if there were nephews, there should be nieces. I actually didn't check to see if there were, just tossed the idea out there. Pat actually looked them up and confirmed that in fact, they existed. It was actually a ton of fun to put together and I'm glad we went for it on the wigs as I think they made the outfit. Not a lot of data existed on April May and June but we were at least able to determine colors even if the information out there wasn't 100% on which niece really wore what color. At the last minute I decided to add the chokers with the names as they did show up in a few pictures out there and it would be semi identifiying. My kids though it was pretty funny too as they watched me make the duck feet! Interestingly if you look them up you'll see they are in pumps most of the time, we opted out of that idea! As many have noted it was a very comfortable outfit and if you can get past the itchy wig, a pretty painless way to go if you are going to dress up. I had texted pictures of the feet in progress but not of the whole outfit beyond the mock up. It was a riot getting ready and we may or may not have refilled those mugs and inhaled chips and salsa (or at least until the gloves had to go on) but soon enough, we were ready to go.

Apparently April was shy

Then again, maybe it was just whatever was in that mug

June was hot and bothered as well

I for one do NOT look good as a blonde. The pictures donít reflect how bad it is with my coloring, yikes. Nice dark eyebrows!

It was such a pretty night.

Which was good because it seemed like we waited FOREVER for our boat

Yep, not that one

You canít really get enough of these light fixtures. We did a family photo shoot at WL back in 2010 and the ones that have the lights in them are some of my favorites.

Finally we arrived

But still needed tickets. And it was a VERY long line. I honestly have no idea what happened as it seemed to be moving ok despite it's length but at one point I was pulled out and to the side and they got our tickets. Not sure why, how or what was going on but somehow we moved up a little and well, every little bit helps! By now though I needed a bio break so did that before we headed in.

Once inÖit was almost parade time. Talk about timing

It was full but not unbearably so.

As we walked in, stumbled across an open spot with pretty prime viewing, we heard someone yell out as they walked by.....

APRIL, MAY AND JUNE!!! I LOVE YOU!

Or maybe she shouted "I love your costumes", I can't recall exactly but it was so out of the blue and so immediate it just made us all grin. It was such a kick, getting "recognized" right away like that for an esoteric trio that frankly I didn't even realize truly existed when I thought of the idea.

And all of a sudden, here he came!

Check it out!

Pretty cool huh, I didn't realize he was a ghost! Or at least he is according to my camera. Sometimes a bad picture can be cool in it's own way.

Sure seemed like one though, gone in the blink of an eye

I love these guys

Whatís next?

A dance party!

With a pretty good turnout!

The CMís seemed to have fun with it

How could you not with a row of princesses?

And superheros!

In the meantime, someoneís wig was starting to bother them

Or they were laughing at me, entirely possible

Continued in next post
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #722
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

April, May and June I love you, con't.

It must have been very funny as my photos are jiggly, maybe I was cracking up too?

I love all the Halloweeny colors!

Meow!

I admit, I had NO idea there would be such a gap between the horseman and the actual parade.

Finally!!!

The vast majority of my parade pictures are simply horrible. Big fat blurry messes. Sigh. Hereís a few but for the most part I gave up and just enjoyed the parade.

I did think it was nice of Hatter to help tie his shoe. I am sure there is a way to tell the difference between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee but for the life of me I've no idea what it is.

Flag waving pirates was an odd combo to me but Iíll take it. Iím seriously going to have to go back to editing my photos in photoshop. Photobucket used to do a great job but the new editor bites!

I donít find the dancing cowboys to be any more odd in the parade than flag waving pirates.

Just sayin. Can't say I minded them at all.

These guys were fun.

Iím scared of her.

And her.

And her.

Continued in next post

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #724
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It must have been very funny as my photos are jiggly, maybe I was cracking up too?

Here's what I remember - I actually wanted to go dance in the streets with the kids, but then remembered I'm old enough to be their grandmother. Maybe that had something to do with whatever was in the cup?

Beautiful pictures of the water during sunset! Just lovely!

FWIW - I don't think any of us looked particularly stunning as a blond. I think that wig makes my face look fat.

So jealous that you at least got the ghost of the headless horseman when all I got was his dark alter ego!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #725
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Pat actually looked them up and confirmed that in fact, they existed. It was actually a ton of fun to put together and I'm glad we went for it on the wigs as I think they made the outfit. Not a lot of data existed on April May and June but we were at least able to determine colors even if the information out there wasn't 100% on which niece really wore what color. At the last minute I decided to add the chokers with the names as they did show up in a few pictures out there and it would be semi identifiying.
I've got to say, I'm impressed. Not too many go through the effort to find such obscure characters to come up with such a unique costume idea.

Quote:
APRIL, MAY AND JUNE!!! I LOVE YOU!

Or maybe she shouted "I love your costumes", I can't recall exactly but it was so out of the blue and so immediate it just made us all grin.
Well, either way it was a complement. There are worse things they could have yelled at you.

Quote:

Pretty cool huh, I didn't realize he was a ghost! Or at least he is according to my camera. Sometimes a bad picture can be cool in it's own way.
Yes, that is a very cool picture!!!

I like all the pictures of the parade and Halloween decorations. I really hope to be able to see that in person sometime, the park just looks amazing.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #726
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

the quality of the pics doesn't mastter to me ,it's nice to see them regardless looks like a great time!!! The Halloween Party is my fave !!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #727
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

It looks like you ladies had a blast at the party! Did you get that parade song stuck in your heads too?? I know that I did! I love the pictures of the boat on the water at sunset - so pretty

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #728
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

The Halloween Party looks like so much fun!!!

I had no idea there were nieces, very cool and creative costumes!

Thanks again for the links, I'd be lost without them on this one.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #729
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

That was one cool Ghostly pix !!Loved it !!!! April May and June looked amazing !!! Great costumes !!! Another great update !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #730
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

You girls are hilarious, I am loving reading about you all at this party! Sounds like you had a blast what with your wigs and cups full of whatever.
Love your creepy pic of the headless horseman! That's cool!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #731
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Cynthia.

Love the photos while waiting on the dock at WL for your boat...beautiful sunset.

You did an awesome job on the costumes and you three ladies look absolutely wonderful.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #732
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Here's what I remember - I actually wanted to go dance in the streets with the kids, but then remembered I'm old enough to be their grandmother. Maybe that had something to do with whatever was in the cup?
Oh my gosh I forgot about that, you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Beautiful pictures of the water during sunset! Just lovely!

FWIW - I don't think any of us looked particularly stunning as a blond. I think that wig makes my face look fat.

So jealous that you at least got the ghost of the headless horseman when all I got was his dark alter ego!
I think we all looked pretty bad as blonds.... something to do with our dark eyebrows perhaps?

I was pretty stoked about my ghostly picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I've got to say, I'm impressed. Not too many go through the effort to find such obscure characters to come up with such a unique costume idea.
Dumb luck more than effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Yes, that is a very cool picture!!!

I like all the pictures of the parade and Halloween decorations. I really hope to be able to see that in person sometime, the park just looks amazing.
I couldn't believe I caught him, and that for once a blurry picture may actually be cooler than a decent "real" shot. The park is SO pretty with all the fall decorations, I just loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
the quality of the pics doesn't mastter to me ,it's nice to see them regardless looks like a great time!!! The Halloween Party is my fave !!!
It was so much fun, I am so so glad we went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
It looks like you ladies had a blast at the party! Did you get that parade song stuck in your heads too?? I know that I did! I love the pictures of the boat on the water at sunset - so pretty
Yes, the song was definitely stuck. In a good way, it's a happy fun song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The Halloween Party looks like so much fun!!!

I had no idea there were nieces, very cool and creative costumes!

Thanks again for the links, I'd be lost without them on this one.
Dumb luck on the nieces, here I thought I was being creative and they already existed which was more fun actually. The party was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That was one cool Ghostly pix !!Loved it !!!! April May and June looked amazing !!! Great costumes !!! Another great update !!!
I was so excited to see I'd "caught" him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
You girls are hilarious, I am loving reading about you all at this party! Sounds like you had a blast what with your wigs and cups full of whatever.
Love your creepy pic of the headless horseman! That's cool!
We did have a blast and honestly not fueled on whatever was in the cups, just silly Disney giddiness. I was pretty excited to see the photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Cynthia.

Love the photos while waiting on the dock at WL for your boat...beautiful sunset.
It was gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You did an awesome job on the costumes and you three ladies look absolutely wonderful.
Thanks! It was super fun to plan.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #734
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Looking to see if I have anything decent from the party picture wise.

The sunset.

The train station changes colors

All I have is a blur

Parade

She is looking at me.

Those are the only ones worth posting...

I agree the blonde was just funny. I kept trying to pull my down over the dark eyebrows but not really working was it????

I cannot remember what was so funny. Since we were on Main street the Headless horseman came down and the parade followed starting in Frontierland so yes we had a bit of a wait. Good to know we were entertained.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #735
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I love those sunset pictures.

I am just now watching the YouTube video of Tracy. I can't believe you recorded those songs. That is amazing and you have such a pretty voice!

So sad that she is so young and gone. RIP Tracy!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: