Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #691
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have a pink wig because I saw the movie Lost in Translation & the main girl wore one. I thought it was cute.

I have a choice to make, either the party or the Sunrise Safari.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #692
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I have a pink wig because I saw the movie Lost in Translation & the main girl wore one. I thought it was cute.
Well, that's as good enough reason as any. Cool, actually!

Quote:
I have a choice to make, either the party or the Sunrise Safari.
Wow - now that's going to be a toughie. I would vote for party, but I think you guys will probably go with the Safari and I don't blame you one bit.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #693
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love the costumes! Adorable! How cool Cynthia came up with a idea for all 3 of you to do together.

Love the Parade and Party pics! Seeing the ones you, Jen and Carey are posting in the TR's makes me more and more convinced that I really need to go to the Halloween party. I am determined to go next fall so I will just have to make sure the dates fit with the party.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #694
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Your costumes are ADORABLE!
I love it and now you make me want to go back and dress up better!
I love that parade. You got a ton of great pictures too. And just so you know, the cowboys are just eyecandy for us ladies. We need a little fun too, right!

The meet and greet looks so fun. Poor Sheree is hidden in almost all the pictures!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #695
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, your costumes were too cute! I love that idea.

Love your parade pictures! I would love to see that in person. I have to wonder about Peter Pan's knees, though... either that's a random sweaty area for him or he fell knee-first into a puddle!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #696
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was looking over the Disney booklet and found a ride I'd totally forgotten about. It was in Frontierland, Davy Crockett's canoe ride. There is a picture of guests being rowed in one of the lakes around Frontierland. There were quite a few passengers in the canoe! Looked to be mighty low in the water!

In DLR, they still have that ride. It is a bit of a challenge when you have a young child though... since everyone trying to coordinate their paddling can be a tad frustrating.

I love the party updates! Your costumes for the party were too cute!
I hate it when transportation doesn’t work out. Glad you at least got a good spot for the parade. And I am super jealous! One of the things I was most looking forward to at MNSSHP was the headless horseman. Alas... rain caused him to be a no show. However... that parade is my FAVORITE!!! I can’t wait to see it again! I am with you on the confusion about the cowboys. What do they have to do with Halloween?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #697
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Hey there

Love your costumes - cutest blonde duckies I've ever seen

I love that parade - we were lucky enough to go to the party back in 2010 and the parade was worth it alone, along with the fireworks. We ended up going on a 2nd night as there was so much to do. My wallpaper is the family pic with all the seven dwarves - total highlight.

Also - I spy Big Al - I just love him. I have 2 cuddly Big Al's from previous trips. My pride and joy - my cuddly Sully comes a close second though. I think I have a thing for big hairy beasts

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #698
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Did you find actual pictures of her? I just think that was such a perfect costume. I could see it being a pain if you had to fly with that costume. It was definitely top notch!
No pictures of my friend as the haunted bride. When I asked her about it, she said that her trip was cut short and she had to miss the party. Major bummer!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #699
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

What a fantastic job on those costumes!! Such a cute idea.

And great pictures of the parade, MEK. It's getting me SO excited for our upcoming October trip. We are going to the party this year! My first MNSSHP, I can't wait! I'm excited to see the rest of your party pics...because I know you have a LOT more to share!!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #700
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What cute costumes! Love 'em! The first thing I thought of when I saw Cynthia is she looks like Charlene Darling from the Andy Griffith Show. See:

Every time I read a trip report that includes one of the holiday parades and decorations, I am jealous. Yep, pure jealousy oozes from my pores. I want to go so badly!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #701
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your costumes...you all look great!

Wonderful shots of the parade and the Halloween decorations; I do love that time of the year.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #702
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like you were all having a great time.

I just want to know: did you start, like, chewing, like, lots of, like, gum and saying, like, OMG!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #703
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I loved your costumes! Kudos to Cynthia for the idea and putting them together.

It looked like a lot of people went in-costume. Those people at the dock, dressed as ghosts, were awesome!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #704
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates! Love the costumes! Adorable! How cool Cynthia came up with a idea for all 3 of you to do together.
She did a good job coming up with that costume, didn't she? It was a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Love the Parade and Party pics! Seeing the ones you, Jen and Carey are posting in the TR's makes me more and more convinced that I really need to go to the Halloween party. I am determined to go next fall so I will just have to make sure the dates fit with the party.
Well you have most of September, all of October, and maybe a few days in November. I'm not sure about that last part. It really is a great party. If you can figure out a way to do it, I say go for all it. You will not regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Your costumes are ADORABLE!
I love it and now you make me want to go back and dress up better!
I love that parade. You got a ton of great pictures too. And just so you know, the cowboys are just eyecandy for us ladies. We need a little fun too, right!
The cowboys are eye candy? For eye candy I want a topless cowboy. Dressing up was a lot of fun! I'm glad we did it. I would definitely dress up again in something that is easy to wear like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The meet and greet looks so fun. Poor Sheree is hidden in almost all the pictures!
We had a lot of fun meeting one another. We did seem to have a lot of trouble getting ourselves lined up, so I'm not really surprised that someone got buried. I didn't know whether to stand in front or in the back and then the girls grabbed my hands and the decision was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my goodness, your costumes were too cute! I love that idea.
You can thank Cynthia for that. She did a great job master-minding the costume! It was comfortable except when the wig got a little itchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Love your parade pictures! I would love to see that in person. I have to wonder about Peter Pan's knees, though... either that's a random sweaty area for him or he fell knee-first into a puddle!
I absolutely love that parade. I think everyone needs to see it at least once. Really, really cute.

Too funny that you noticed that about Peter Pan. I totally missed that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
In DLR, they still have that ride. It is a bit of a challenge when you have a young child though... since everyone trying to coordinate their paddling can be a tad frustrating.
I totally remember you writing about that now. And I remember how frustrated poor Zoe was getting.

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"]I love the party updates! Your costumes for the party were too cute!
Thanks and thanks to Cynthia for figuring out the costumes! She did a great job!

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"]I hate it when transportation doesn’t work out. Glad you at least got a good spot for the parade. And I am super jealous! One of the things I was most looking forward to at MNSSHP was the headless horseman. Alas... rain caused him to be a no show. However... that parade is my FAVORITE!!! I can’t wait to see it again! I am with you on the confusion about the cowboys. What do they have to do with Halloween?
Jen says that are the entertainment for the girls watching the parade, but I still don't get it!

We really should have left a little earlier for the party, but we were honestly hoping we'd get on the first boat over there. Of course, we had to wait for a third boat. Bad planning on our part.

Bummer you missed the headless horseman. That stinks. As you can see, I honestly barely saw him. He comes through so freakin' fast. I think you really need to be on a corner to see him come through,

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #705
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I still have so much respect for you both to get up and exercise at Disney. You go girls!

PARTY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Omg I LOVE your costumes! So cute!
Some of those other party guests had great costumes too! I admit to not dressing up when I've gone, but I do love when others get right into it.
YAY for scoring a great parade spot!

Quote:
I've never quite understood the purpose of the dancing cowboys in a Halloween parade
Omg, me either!!
Love your parade pictures!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: