Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #676
amazingact21
Upendi

Awesome costumes! The three of you look like you were having such fun that night.

The Boo to You Parade is pretty cool, especially if you haven't seen it in awhile. And I agree, the Haunted Mansion part (with the shovels) is great. My favorite part of the show...

Aside from having to wait forever for a boat, it sounds like the party's off to a good start. Can't wait to hear how the rest of the night went.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #677
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
arrgh! I ninja posted! Was trying to get my replies in before the update. Oops! My day got away from me, we had a memorial to attend for Jeff's co -worker and a fund raiser for a couple, both who are very ill and I'm just now getting online. Sorry for the ninja post!
No worries at all! I considered waiting until today to post, but it was all ready to go and I really wanted to see how the pictures looked since I did a massive amount of editing on those parade pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
So far so good, love the pictures. Now I'm sorry to have missed the Halloween party. Bob wouldn't go because of the crowds.
You need to tell Bob he needs to get over the crowd thing for a few hours! Seriously, it was not at all insanely crowded. Crowded, yes, but certainly no where near a sold-out party. Plus, you go in September. If nothing else, you've got to see the parade, the fireworks, and the cool castle. If he still says no, you could always go without him.

Quote:
Love the blonde wigs, I have a pink one just like it!
But does yours have a bow in it? Cynthia found those wigs. I'm not gonna lie - that thing was SO itchy by the end of the night. I have weird skin like that and even certain pillows make my scalp itch, so I'm not surprised. But I made it several hours before I even thought about taking it off.

Quote:
I'm not familiar with April, May & June, are they related to Daisy, nieces maybe?
You are right on! April, May, and June Duck - I copied this from wiki!

April, May and June
April, May, and June Duck are the triplet nieces of Daisy Duck's. Even at family gatherings their parents are not present, and Daisy usually brings them with her. They presumably live in Duckburg, Calisota. They were created by Carl Barks and were first used in a story published in February 1953, "Flip Decision".[9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just LOVE your costumes !!! What a great idea and so cute !!
Once again, all kudos go to Cynthia for having the creativity to think that one up and operationalize it. When she asked if I was up for wearing a costume I said, as long as someone else figures out what costume! So NOT creative!

Quote:
The couple on the boat dock had one some amazing costumes, too. We went to the very first party on September 11, 2012 and there was a family there dressed as the Peter Pan gang. They had Peter, Wendy, Tink, Hook and Tiger Lily. They were really good costumes.
Didn't they look awesome. Wow! Just Wow! Thank goodness it wasn't overly hot, because that's a lot of costume and makeup! I've seen pictures of the Peter pan gang and that's a great idea, too!

Quote:
That party is so much fun and I love that parade !!

Susan
I agree. I have been to the Halloween party three times, but I've only been to the Christmas party once. I just think the Halloween party is so much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I've got a few more photos from our meet at R&C. I'm not hiding in all of them! Pretty sure Dave took these:

I'm right behind Mary Ellen

Getting set up for a group shot

Wow - these pictures are great. Thank you for posting them and thanks to Dave for taking them. Now I have even more pictures with Tracy!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
What do you suppose Pat is thinking?
Well, if Pat is anything like me (and I think she is), she is probably thinking "We need a drink".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl;47389580[IMG
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/Mndisneygirl/DSCN7029_zpsaf92b429.jpg[/IMG]

Sarah liked her sucker. See all the chatting going on behind her?
Your girls are so cute! What a great smile! I know you guys had an awesome trip and with your next trip a month away I'm so jealous. I have 9 more weeks. Boo!

Quote:
Great parade and party pictures!! You guys look so cute! I have to say that was the best parade at WDW in my opinion. I really like the Christmas one too, but this was so cool!
Kudos to Cynthia for coming up with that idea. The people who "got it" really gave us lots of positive compliments. It was a fun idea. I agree - totally the BEST parade EVER!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #678
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
What do you suppose Pat is thinking?

Probably how much my bra was digging into my side....

I am so NOT picture ready in most of those pictures... well really not any.

I remember it was hot that afternoon and soon after I made my way back and hit the pool.

My pictures from that meet.

Picture of costumes random guy at the pool took.

That was a fun day and night.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #679
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
No I never said anything to you. I didn't know at the time. I did zoom in so maybe I thought she looked familiar from far away but I guess I forgot about it afterward.

I did not notice until I saw it the picture full sized on my computer.

:
Whew I am sooo glad my dementia wasn't kicking in!!!I was thinking "That is really bad that I have forgotten Pat seeing Mary and her girls "
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #680
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Wow 2 awesome updates !!Cynthia your breakfast plate is also calling my name !!!!! As for the costumes they were fabulous !!! Loved them !! Mary Ellen your pix were graet!! I was hoping for Cruella so I could say "There's my Nurse "
Christine and I are busy changing where to stay , when and where to eat for our Grannies trip
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #681
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the update!

Love the costumes! They are cute and colorful and unique. And they look super comfortable, so that is really key.

Great pictures of Main Street and the parade, Mary Ellen!

That's a bit creepy with the person/shadow in the window. Did you notice it when you were taking the picture or when you were looking at it later?

The pictures on the boat dock with the sunset are amazing! I also think the one of the Plaza seating area, with the lights, is gorgeous.

Love the haunted bride and groom couple, and I am trying to figure out if I "know" them. One of my FB friends is a DISer and that was going to be her costume, but she hasn't done a trip report and I don't remember her posting pictures from MNSSHP on profile, but I'm off to creep now to see.

ETA: Nope. Not them.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-03-2013 at 11:40 AM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #682
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Looooving all the updates!!

The one with Tracy made me tear up a bit, I sure miss her sweet, funny, spirited spirit. She was a lot of laughs, it was kinda hard seeing her with the pillow knowing the out come of her prognosis. Bless her beautiful heart.

You did good on the pillow, Cynthia. I don't think I could have picked a better gift.
It is hard looking back on that picture, but if any one picture speaks to me about the essence of Tracy - its that one! I love it!

Quote:
Okay, since I'm gushing about Cynthia's amazing ideas I have to say hands down those are some of the best comstumes I've seen in a long time!! So stinkin cute!! How did you come up with that?!? Too fun! Y'all looked great!!
When she asked if I wanted to dress up, I said as long as you figure out the costume - and she sure did! She did a great job. I'll admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but when I saw the first picture that she sent me ahead of time, I knew it was a winner!

Quote:
Also, I'd like to get some ideas from you two on the goodie bags, we'll be having a Dis meet with a kiddo who I want to spoil a bit when we see her. And since Cynthia and you, Mary Ellen, are the Queens of amazing ideas, I really could use y'alls help on this one.
Cynthia hit up ebay for pins and I just perused the dollar store and Walgreens for other Disney & Halloween goodies. It was fun!

Quote:
Such a great Dis meet y'all had!! I remember when everyone was on this trip and how left out I felt not being there with all those amazing Disers!! My next trip will probably be for the F&W, just not sure it will be for 2014 or 15?
I will be skipping 2014 because I really want to plan a trip to California and Disney Land, but I am CERTAIN I'll be going back in 2015. I had know idea how fun F&W was and I feel so lucky that we were able to plan such a nice DIS meet!

Quote:
Thank you, you two. This TR has been pretty great, I appreciate the time and effort y'all are putting into it.
So glad you are enjoying our TR. It really is fun to write because the whole trip seems like a blur and this is like reliving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my gosh!! The party looks like sooo much fun. I love the whole Haunted Mansion part of the parade and such. What great photos! And yes, the blonde hair is very becoming!!
The party is SO much fun! I highly recommend it. I think its the best party. period! I've been to it three times now and I would happily go back again.

Quote:
Backing up since I had to get caught up... what a beautiful day for your group Dismeet and breakfast with Tracy... despite sorrowing from the loss, the memories and smiles that you shared that day certainly warm your heart. Glad that you had that time with lovely Tracy and your other Dis-pals.
Planning breakfast with Tracy was such a smart move. I'm so glad we got to have some quiet time with her. Both Cynthia and I automatically liked her when we met up on our original East Meets West trip in 2010. She had such a great, roll with it spirit.

Quote:
Now, what's up with making those like me who are a lazy slug on vacation look bad because you two work out while at WDW! Cynthia - even though you said you put in minimal effort for your work out - at least you did it!! I always think about it but am too busy getting to my next meal to give it too much thought! Great job you two!
I actually really like to run at Disney world, so although it requires a little extra effort I usually only run 2 miles. It doesn' t take that long and I enjoy the morning solitude. It's much more relaxing than when I run at home because that's always harder to fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
GREAT costumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ladies look stunning!
I'm not quite sure about "stunning", but OK! It was a really fun costume!

Quote:
I never get tired to see the pics of the Halloween Parties. We have so many fond memories of them.
I agree - the Halloween parade is always so amazing and I really enjoy seeing the pictures. I took a ton just so I could have a few with semi-decent lighting.

Quote:
Oh, btw, Cynthia - we are going to have breakfast at the Wave in 2 weeks again and I'll have some of that breadpudding for you!
Nice! I hope you enjoy your breakfast there. It's really a great spot and if I need a quick breakfast in June I am going to duck in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Awesome costumes! The three of you look like you were having such fun that night.
We had a blast and you can thank Cynthia for the awesomeness of our costumes! They really were a hit. We got a lot of positive laughs from the people who recognized who we were.

Quote:
The Boo to You Parade is pretty cool, especially if you haven't seen it in awhile. And I agree, the Haunted Mansion part (with the shovels) is great. My favorite part of the show...
The parade is awesome. I still don't get the cowboys , but the Haunted Mansion part is so fun. I wish I had seen a couple sparks fly from those shovels!

Quote:
Aside from having to wait forever for a boat, it sounds like the party's off to a good start. Can't wait to hear how the rest of the night went.
We probably should have left a little earlier, but we did make up for it. We had great mojo in finding a perfect spot on the parade route and a perfect (almost) spot for Hallowishes!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #683
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

I have to say that you've both made me realize I have no excuse not to exercise on our up coming trip! I've read some of your past TRs and it amazed me that you guys found time to keep up your routines. So thanks for the motivation
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #684
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

ahahaha you all look so cute!!! I love the costumes.

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #685
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Great updates ladies! I love the pictures of the WL pool - it looks so relaxing. Great halloween costumes too! It is a great idea, and they look like they would be comfortable to wear in the park too. When DH and I went to MNSSHP in 2010, we were all dressed up at the boat dock, and nobody else was! We felt quite out of place lol Your boat looks much more prepared to party

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #686
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Probably how much my bra was digging into my side....
And I thought that was your sign for needed an adult beverage.

Quote:
I am so NOT picture ready in most of those pictures... well really not any.
I hear ya! I'm rarely ready myself and I always need to remember to "suck it in". I obviously failed quite a few times!

Quote:
I remember it was hot that afternoon and soon after I made my way back and hit the pool.
Funny - I usually remember when its hot, but I don't remember noticing that evening. However, I do remembered being annoyed by how much shade there was at the pool.

Quote:
My pictures from that meet.

Great pictures! I love how we have pictures from so many different perspectives!

Quote:
Picture of costumes random guy at the pool took.

That was a fun day and night.
Thank goodness for that random guy! It really was a great day and most of the night - until I almost went comatose on you guys again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Whew I am sooo glad my dementia wasn't kicking in!!!I was thinking "That is really bad that I have forgotten Pat seeing Mary and her girls "
You were NOT suffering from DISmentia this time! Phew!

Quote:
Wow 2 awesome updates !!Cynthia your breakfast plate is also calling my name !!!!!
Mine too! That breakfast buffet was really good. I highly recommend it!

Quote:
As for the costumes they were fabulous !!! Loved them !! Mary Ellen your pix were graet!! I was hoping for Cruella so I could say "There's my Nurse "
Too funny!

Glad you liked our costumes and the pics to prove it!

Quote:
Christine and I are busy changing where to stay , when and where to eat for our Grannies trip
Now there's a shocker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thank you for the update!

Love the costumes! They are cute and colorful and unique. And they look super comfortable, so that is really key.
It was a very comfortable costume. The only thing I didn't care for wearing was the wig because by the end of the night my head itched. But a lot of things itch my head, so that's nothing new.

Quote:
Great pictures of Main Street and the parade, Mary Ellen!
Thanks!

Quote:
That's a bit creepy with the person/shadow in the window. Did you notice it when you were taking the picture or when you were looking at it later?
I actually noticed it later, but at the last two parties I noticed stuff in the different windows like that. It's pretty cool how they put those details in. I definitely did not notice that during the first party I attended.

Quote:
The pictures on the boat dock with the sunset are amazing! I also think the one of the Plaza seating area, with the lights, is gorgeous.
Thank you! The sunset was so perfect that night. I was hoping those pictures would turn out.

Quote:
Love the haunted bride and groom couple, and I am trying to figure out if I "know" them. One of my FB friends is a DISer and that was going to be her costume, but she hasn't done a trip report and I don't remember her posting pictures from MNSSHP on profile, but I'm off to creep now to see.

ETA: Nope. Not them.
Did you find actual pictures of her? I just think that was such a perfect costume. I could see it being a pain if you had to fly with that costume. It was definitely top notch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
I have to say that you've both made me realize I have no excuse not to exercise on our up coming trip! I've read some of your past TRs and it amazed me that you guys found time to keep up your routines. So thanks for the motivation
I'm glad that motivated you. Sometimes I actually feel like I run more on vacation because I don't have work getting in the way. I just really like to run. I don't go fast - just jogging and rarely more than 2 miles. It's just a pleasant way for me to start the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
ahahaha you all look so cute!!! I love the costumes.
Thanks! So glad you like our costumes. That was definitely Cynthia's doing! She was the mastermind behind the costumes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great updates ladies! I love the pictures of the WL pool - it looks so relaxing.
That was actually the villa pool. Definitely a chill place. Unfortunately, the trees are so big now that there's actually a little too much shade. Probably great for summer, but I could have used a sliver more sunshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great halloween costumes too! It is a great idea, and they look like they would be comfortable to wear in the park too. When DH and I went to MNSSHP in 2010, we were all dressed up at the boat dock, and nobody else was! We felt quite out of place lol Your boat looks much more prepared to party
Really? I bet that was weird being the only one in costume. This is the first time I wore a costume and I am so glad that we did. I think it made the party so much more fun. OUr boat was definitely ready to party.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #687
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I forgot to say all of you looked good as blondes! Those were really cute costumes & no my pink wig doesn't have a bow in it!

In the deep recesses of my brain was an inkling about Daisy having nieces. Thanks for the info.

I thought about the party before we went, but I didn't think I would be up to it otherwise I would have made him go.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #688
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Halloween Party looks like so much fun!!! That person in the window is creepy!! Can't wait to see fireworks pics!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #689
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your costumes are too cute!! Do I lose my Disney card if I confess I had to resort to google to figure out who you were? So, so super cute!

MEK- beautiful photos as always but especially love the ones from twilight around the Wilderness Lodge. I think that is my favorite time of day.

A very special and heartfelt thank you to Cynthia, Sheree, and Pat for sharing your pictures from the meet. I will treasure these pictures more than you could know. I didn't take any photos with Tracy this last trip because I was feeling bad about myself and thought no one would want to see my ugly mug in pictures. Talk about perspective. I would give ANYTHING today for more pictures with her from our last trip. THANK YOU.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #690
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I forgot to say all of you looked good as blondes! Those were really cute costumes & no my pink wig doesn't have a bow in it!
Haha - I'm not sure if any of us look good as blonds, but it was fun for one night.

I forgot to ask, but why do you have a pink wig?

Quote:
In the deep recesses of my brain was an inkling about Daisy having nieces. Thanks for the info.
I didn't really remember the nieces either. I don't think a lot of people know about them. But they did make for a good costume!

Quote:
I thought about the party before we went, but I didn't think I would be up to it otherwise I would have made him go.
Ask him now for September. I really hope you can talk him into it. It's a cool experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Halloween Party looks like so much fun!!! That person in the window is creepy!! Can't wait to see fireworks pics!
Have you been to one yet? You really need to go. So much fun!

Those window effects were really creepy!

Firework pics are all edited, so that should be an easy update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Your costumes are too cute!! Do I lose my Disney card if I confess I had to resort to google to figure out who you were? So, so super cute!
You totally don't lose your Disney card, because I had to google them too!

Quote:
MEK- beautiful photos as always but especially love the ones from twilight around the Wilderness Lodge. I think that is my favorite time of day.
It was such a gorgeous, gorgeous evening! Thank you!

Quote:
A very special and heartfelt thank you to Cynthia, Sheree, and Pat for sharing your pictures from the meet. I will treasure these pictures more than you could know. I didn't take any photos with Tracy this last trip because I was feeling bad about myself and thought no one would want to see my ugly mug in pictures. Talk about perspective. I would give ANYTHING today for more pictures with her from our last trip. THANK YOU.
Those pictures are all wonderful! I wish I had had some of those for the video, especially the one where she appears to be looking right at me. I used to hate having my picture taken so I can relate. Now I tolerate it and try to enjoy it. Usually I look back a couple years later and I'm glad I have the pictures.

Do you have all Tracy's photopass pictures from this trip? If you would like them I'll email you the link. All of them are wonderful.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: