Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #631
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Wow MaryEllen - it must have been really emotionally hard for you to write about your meeting with Tracy... how bittersweet to have those photos and memories...

It was lovely that she was also able to be part of the larger Dismeet... which looked like it was lots of fun... great get together...

Hmm... Inquiring minds want to know all about the party...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #632
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

That was such a fun meet! And gorgeous weather (although maybe a bit hot). I think I headed to the pool afterward. Always so super fun to meet DISers and I'm always so amazed at how comfortable and immediately connected we feel. The mouse is pretty darn magical.

MEK - you and Denny were my first DIS meet a few years ago - I was soooo nervous!

Tracy mentioned how much she had enjoyed your breakfast and how much she loved the pillow. Truly the perfect gift. She believed in magic right up to the end and would want us all to do the same.

I am sooooo grateful to the DIS for creating such amazing friendships. Such a gift!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #633
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi Mary Ellen!! I am SO BEHIND but I am going back to read - just wanted to let you know I am here and reading.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #634
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Cynthia - your night in EPCOT looks like so much fun! And I was glad to see your pictures of Cafe Tangeirine. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of it and I've never gone in there. I was just telling Ed yesterday that I really want to go there this year to try one of the Schwarma platter.
Her night does look really fun! I LOVE the Food at the Tangerine cafe. I tried it for the first time in June and the food was amazing!

Quote:
Loving all the DIS meets y'all were having - how fun!
We really had a great DIS meet that afternoon and it was so fun to continue to see DISers throughout the week!

Quote:
And I'm glad y'all got to see y'alls friend, Tracy, one last time at Disney. So sorry to hear that she passed not much later.
It was awesome to get to see Tracy! Both Cynthia and I have great memories of our breakfast together.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what y'all wore for the party that night!
OMG - Get ready to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
What an amazing bunch of ladies you all are. So sorry for the loss of your friend. But you have all handled it with such spirit and grace.
Hobbs! Thanks for joining in!

Thank you for the condolences. We were both very lucky to have met Tracy through the DIS boards and we got to spend a lot of time with her in May 2011 during our first girls trip. She made a lot of friends on the boards and I am certain she is smiling down on all of us right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
What a beautiful day at Epcot! It is nice to see such a great group of Disers meeting! I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, you made a very nice tribute to her.

Thank you! I am glad Tracy was part of our big DIS meet because she was an awesome member of this community. She was so witty and fun!

We did have a beautiful day Epcot. The weather was perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Hmm multi quotes don't seem to be working on internet explorer today. what gives?

That's weird????

Quote:
anyway.

just an FYI, service dogs are trained to literally "go" on command -- so having a single place makes sense. The dogs will hold it in as long as possible (can you imagine having a service dog at work and having to worry about piles?) so if youtake them to a specific area & give them the "potty" command, Voila but that is not nearly as entertaining as Pat & Cynthia's photo!!!!
That's so interesting. Well, then it really makes sense they would have a service dog location in each park.

Quote:
ME - my sister's podiatrist told her that wearing a shoe with a more flexible sole was much better for her plantar fascitis. She used to wear those sketchers rockers all the time and apparently they did more harm than good. so if you're wearing thickly soled shoes without flexibility at work, that may not be helping your PF.
That makes total sense because my work clogs have no flexibility and I can't wear them anymore.

Quote:
Sorry that I can't quote you all the wonderful pictures you shared -- so I will just say you had a great two days. Cynthia's meet up at the Ditch & trip around the world, and then your breakfast & DISmeet with Tracy. What a fabulous fabulous morning.
Our whole trip was fun like this. It was very careful and filled with a ton of fun. I really enjoyed our breakfast with Tracy. It was the perfect way to get together.

Quote:
That island was Discovery Island - one of our ferry drivers gave us some background on it when we were staying at FWL in '11. Here is the wikipedia info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Island_(Bay_Lake)
Thank you for posting them. I am going to check it out tomorrow because I can hardly keep my eyes open now.

Quote:
I cannot wait for the halloween party and the costumes!!!
Oh just you wait. We probably should have had a contest to guess our costumes!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #635
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry I wasn't able to finish replies tonight. Just too tried. Going to bed.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #636
amazingact21
Upendi

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast and a fun DISmeet. Meets are always a great thing to be able to do; it's nice to be able to put a face to names and pictures. Plus, it's nice to be able to converse with people who share similar interests and understand what it means to be a Disney nut.
I'd definitely recommend joining the cruise thread for your trip this fall if you haven't already. Getting to know a few DISers beforehand made running into them on the ship fun. And a group of us ended up booking a private brunch together, which was very special. Alex and I are now good friends in real life with a couple that we met via the DISboards, so it's very cool to read about all the friends you were able to meet up with and spend a few minutes with on this trip.

I am so curious to see what you went to the party as....

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #637
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Cynthia - your night in EPCOT looks like so much fun! And I was glad to see your pictures of Cafe Tangeirine. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of it and I've never gone in there. I was just telling Ed yesterday that I really want to go there this year to try one of the Schwarma platter.
That platter is SO yummy, I've had it before. It was a very very fun night!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #639
jash08
Mouseketeer

Leaving tomorrow!

We are heading out for Disney tomorrow! Your trip has helped to build the excitement for us. Can't wait to see what else is in store!

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

jash08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #640
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I know I read all this last week but can't remember if I posted. So if I did, just chalk it off to my completely ding bat day I am having.
I know the feeling/ Happens to me all the time. I don't remember if you posted either.

Quote:
So glad that you got to have a memorable breakfast with your friend. I can tell that she was very special to you and what a perfect gift you got her.
I really enjoyed our breakfast with Tracy. I'm so glad we planned it and I'm so glad that Cynthia found her the perfect pillow!

Quote:
What a great Dis meet! There was a lot of disers there.
It really was a great meet. I'm so glad everyone showed up!

Quote:
Loved your seminar pictures and how neat that Cynthia actually made the mole sauce. It looked yummy!
That mole was so yummy in the seminar, so I'm positive that Cynthia's mole sauce was equally relish!

Quote:
Love the dog pictures! Too funny.
Yeah - I got a lot of laughs out of that as well. Imagine being there!

Quote:
Can't wait to see what you were for the party.
All I'm going say is - it's a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
All caught up, thanks for the links! I had to skip the chatting this time, was four updates behind.
Welcome back Pam! Hope you had a great time! I always skip the chit-chat when I am trying to catch up!

Quote:
Looks like a fun evening was had by all! Loved the chocolate sculptures, so cool.
Aren't they great? They were so cool to look at.

Quote:
Mary Ellen, the beach pictures are just marvelous.
Thanks! I love visiting the beach during the winter. Especially on sunny days. It was gorgeous day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wow MaryEllen - it must have been really emotionally hard for you to write about your meeting with Tracy... how bittersweet to have those photos and memories...
I was very prepared to write about Tracy. I remember the optimism I felt during our breakfast. I really was hoping that her second surgery would have been far behind her and she would be getting more chemo with hopes of a remission. Yes - it was bittersweet to reflect back.

Quote:
It was lovely that she was also able to be part of the larger Dismeet... which looked like it was lots of fun... great get together...

The big DISmeet was a lot of fun! I am so glad we were able to pull it off!

Quote:
Hmm... Inquiring minds want to know all about the party...
Just you wait missy - its a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
That was such a fun meet! And gorgeous weather (although maybe a bit hot). I think I headed to the pool afterward. Always so super fun to meet DISers and I'm always so amazed at how comfortable and immediately connected we feel. The mouse is pretty darn magical.
It really was a fun meet. Funny, I don't remember it being hot. But I do remember being really jealous of you and Pat since you were both staying at BCV. Just too darn convenient! Cynthia and I hit the pool that afternoon, too, but we had a lot further to go.

Quote:
MEK - you and Denny were my first DIS meet a few years ago - I was soooo nervous!
I was too! I was so nervous that I wouldn't recognize you, which seems crazy now. I didn't realize how easy it is to recognize people you have met on the DIS. It's pretty awesome!

Quote:
Tracy mentioned how much she had enjoyed your breakfast and how much she loved the pillow. Truly the perfect gift. She believed in magic right up to the end and would want us all to do the same.
I'm so glad she enjoyed breakfast and, of course, the pillow. And I'm so glad Cynthia took that picture because its such a great memory.

Quote:
I am sooooo grateful to the DIS for creating such amazing friendships. Such a gift!!
It really is a gift. I know a lot of my non-DIS friends totally don't get it and think its weird or unsafe, but I am so happy that I've met so many wonderful friends on the DIS. I like knowing I have friends who live all over the country. It's pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi Mary Ellen!! I am SO BEHIND but I am going back to read - just wanted to let you know I am here and reading.
DWgal!!!!!!! How have you been???? Long time, no see! Thanks so much for joining in!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #641
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in !!Been a hectis week , I soooo need to update my PTR for 2013 !!But no time this week !! I guess Marv is rubbing off on me
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #642
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like a wonderful breakfast and a fun DISmeet. Meets are always a great thing to be able to do; it's nice to be able to put a face to names and pictures. Plus, it's nice to be able to converse with people who share similar interests and understand what it means to be a Disney nut.
I agree - DIS meets are wonderful! I really enjoy them. As C said in her post, I was so nervous for my first meet, but now it just seems really natural!

Quote:
I'd definitely recommend joining the cruise thread for your trip this fall if you haven't already. Getting to know a few DISers beforehand made running into them on the ship fun. And a group of us ended up booking a private brunch together, which was very special. Alex and I are now good friends in real life with a couple that we met via the DISboards, so it's very cool to read about all the friends you were able to meet up with and spend a few minutes with on this trip.
I really do need to get over to the cruise threads. I did after I first booked, but haven't since. Another couple is going with us and I know they think its really strange that I have so many so-called "internet" friends. So I am definitely going to downplay that while we are on the cruise.

Quote:
I am so curious to see what you went to the party as....
It's funny. Get ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
this time of year drains me I swear! I know I owe everyone an update, it will probably be tomorrow night
I agree - this time of year just wipes me out. But the last two days have been fairly warm here, so that seems to give me a little more energy.

Tomorrow night is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
We are heading out for Disney tomorrow! Your trip has helped to build the excitement for us. Can't wait to see what else is in store!
Have a fantastic trip and please let us know if you start a TR so we can hear all about it.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #643
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in !!Been a hectis week , I soooo need to update my PTR for 2013 !!But no time this week !! I guess Marv is rubbing off on me
Oh no! NOT THAT!!!!!!!! Rosie - I am sure I am as behind as you are!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #644
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh no! NOT THAT!!!!!!!! Rosie - I am sure I am as behind as you are!
Rosie and MEK, don't feel bad. I went 11 days without an update and finally did a mega one yesterday after being sick all of last week and then catching up at work.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #645
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Rosie and MEK, don't feel bad. I went 11 days without an update and finally did a mega one yesterday after being sick all of last week and then catching up at work.
Wait! I missed a mega update??????? Heading there now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: