Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #616
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad that you had the opportunity to have breakfast with her that morning. I'm sure it was great to be able to spend some quiet, quality time with her, and I know that moment will always be with you.
I am so glad we set up a breakfast date. It really was nice to spend that time with her. And - you are right - those moments will always be with me!

Quote:
Wow, epic Dismeet!
We did good, didn't we? I am so happy everyone showed up!

Quote:
Ok, don't hold us in suspense for too long... I can't wait to see what your costumes of choice were.
All I can say is don't be drinking a beverage when you see our costumes - you might wreck you computer screen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thank you! Stay tuned for the Halloween party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I know that you are so glad that you had breakfast with Tracy that morning and were able to spend some time with her. It's a memory that I'm sure will last a lifetime.
It is a memory that will last quite awhile. Sometimes its hard to think about it. Such poise and grace. How I wish it could have been different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a fun Dis Meet! We've met Mary and her girls before and they were the cutest things ever. Ya'll make one fine looking group.
It really was a fun DIS meet and I'm so happy that everyone showed up! OMG - Mary's girls really are adorable and they are so incredibly friendly. I am hoping to see them again in June! Sheree's girls are lovely too, although they are a little bit more reserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great updates, Mary Ellen!! I know it must be difficult to post that meet with Tracy, but what a wonderful memory to share with your friend. That pillow is just perfect!
I think I was really prepared to write about it. I was really looking forward to it. At the same time I was apprehensive about it because I know what hell she went through during the summer. But she put us at ease immediately and it was a wonderful breakfast. Cynthia found that pillow. She did darn good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The afternoon DIS meet looks like fun! I love that the girls are already holding hands with you. How sweet!
Those girls are just absolutely adorable. I have seen their pictures on Kathy's TR on so many occasions and I knew they were sweet kids. I am hoping to see Mary, Kathy, and the girls in June. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a fabulous meet up. I had no clue you met up with all those gals! I am so jealous!
We definitely hit it just right with that DISmeet. So many DISers were at the world at the same time and we were able to hit on a date when everyone could be there. Score!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It sounds like your time with Tracy was well spent and you got her a lovely gift...just perfect!
It was well spent. We had a lovely time together and we made lasting memories.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #617
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! It must have been hard doing this update, posting about Tracy. I'm glad you got to see her on this trip. She looked beautiful, you would never know she was sick from your pictures! I love the pillow you guys got for her, perfect!

Wow, that DIS meet looks like it was so much fun! I always see Cayley and Avery in Kathy's TR's and I think they are so beautiful, it must have been fun to meet them, they seem like such sweet girls!

Epcot was gorgeous that day, I love all of your pictures, as always!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #618
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I was very excited and a little nervous to see Tracy. I know she really struggled with her cancer treatments.

She did look quite thin in her pictures but I will always think of her FB posts of this trip of being filled with joy! If you didn't know she was sick, you would never have known from her comments. It comforts me to believe that last trip was so happy for her!

What a fun group Can't wait for my next Dismeet

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #619
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Now I understand about the pillow. It really was a meaningful gift. Just keep the memories of those wonderful times together at WDW.
Apparently one of her favorite sayings had become, "Just Believe", so the pillow was more than perfect. We definitely formed a lovely memory that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm sure. I'm so sorry the story didn't have a happy ending, but I'm really glad you could meet up and have the time with her.
I knew Tracy was very ill and I knew her prognosis had to be poor, but I still thought she would live more than 2 months. It's still crazy to think about, but I am so glad we had the time together.

Quote:
Still love that place.
The first time I stayed there I wasn't in love with it as much as I thought I would be. But this time I really enjoyed the lodge even more. I think I was expecting too much the first time. This time I just went with the flow and I loved the place.

Quote:
Discovery Island...I remember visiting there as a kid when we stayed in Fort Wilderness. I seem to remember birds, alligators, and trails similar to Tom Sawyer's Island. I also remember visiting River Country...
So you visited it? I heard it was pretty cool. I know they closed Rive Country because of using the lake for swimming, so I guess closing Discovery Island was an extension of that.

Quote:
But I'm glad you were there to get the photo and make her smile.
I'm so glad we shared that time together.

Quote:
Wow, that is a mega-meet!
That's the biggest DIS meet I have ever been part of. October & F&W is certainly the time to go for DIS meets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Yes that was Discovery Island, educational tours were done there. One took the boat from FW & Discovery Island was a stop on the way to the Contemporary Resort. We rode the boat, but went on to the resort.
I'm sorry I started to go to Disney after Discovery Island closed. I think my first trip was right after it closed. I bet it was fun to tour the island. I heard or read that there was quite an array of birds on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Mary Ellen what a beautiful update with your Dis Meet and Tracy !!!Just seeing you mention your Beautiful musical tribute to Tracey has my eyes filled with tearsDissers are truly special and I LOVE you all!!!

Thank you Rosie! It was really special to have that breakfast meet with Tracy and I have to totally thank Cynthia for finding the perfect gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Now I have to comment on Pat's pix of the Land Boat Ride !!I didn't know that you captured that pix of Cayley !!!! Now if you say you told me I am claimimg Dementia
DISmentia, Rosie! DISmentia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
What a truely moving update.

I am so glad for the two of you that you got to have breakfast with Tracy and that you all enjoyed it so much.
The story behind the pillow is so wonderful.
We really did have a wonderful time together and it was so awesome to have quiet time with Tracy. This trip was all about resting and relaxing for her and I think that's exactly what she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Love the photo of all of you ladies and the PP pics too!
Thanks! It was so great that we were able to pull-off our DISmeet! We picked a perfect time to go since our trip overlapped with so many other DISers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Beautiful video,since I've only been around since the Summer on the Dis i never knew Tracy,but I'm sure she would appreciate you making that for her.And you oh my goodness,someone needs to send that song into Disney it's beautiful!!! I couldn't help but tear up.in the past 5 years I've made alot of online friends from different sites and it's amazing that some of the these online friendships are greater than some "real life" friendships.You ladies seem like a great bunch!!!If i ever get to meet you it would be an honour :D
Thank you for watching the video and I'm glad you liked the song. It really worked with the pictures I had of Tracy.

I agree with you that there is something unique with on-line relationships. I think there is someone about the written word that takes communication to a whole new level. That has to bring you closer to other people. Plus, I think that knowing we all share a common bond makes it easier for us to trust other people we meet in this forum.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #620
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I was a couple of updates behind, but am now caught up.

Wow and Cool for those great DISmeets! You got to meet Jenny and Michael, and then see Tracy, and then Mary, the girls, Brook, etc., etc., etc.!

Tracy looked great...that's so sad that she lost her battle, but I'm sure that she treasured being at DisneyWorld and spending some time with you guys.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #621
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your update. I remember reading Tracy's FB posts about that trip. She was so happy to be at Disney! I'm glad you all got to visit together.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #622
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What an amazing update. I can imagine it was a bit of an emotional one to write. I love all the pictures, but especially the ones with all of you disgals in it!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #623
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Cynthia - your night in EPCOT looks like so much fun! And I was glad to see your pictures of Cafe Tangeirine. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of it and I've never gone in there. I was just telling Ed yesterday that I really want to go there this year to try one of the Schwarma platter.

Loving all the DIS meets y'all were having - how fun!

And I'm glad y'all got to see y'alls friend, Tracy, one last time at Disney. So sorry to hear that she passed not much later.

Can't wait to hear what y'all wore for the party that night!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #624
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

What an amazing bunch of ladies you all are. So sorry for the loss of your friend. But you have all handled it with such spirit and grace.

Beverly

hobbs6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #625
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great last couple of updates! Wow when you say DISmeet Extreme, you really mean it!
Thanks! As far as the DISmeet - we were just really lucky to have that many DISers there at the same time and we were fortunate enough to have a day that everyone could be there. We did miss Anita and Marc because they left the day before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I was SO happy you reached out for her and set this up!
Remember I told you I was worried this might be her last trip (while all the time hoping I was so wrong).

Quote:
No you wouldn't, it was me, remember? I am never on time!
I totally don't remember it being anyone's fault. I think we were on time - IF the boat had gone straight to the Contemporary. I still find the boat system at WL a little confusing.

Quote:
And I think there is another reason we were running late but I'll get to it in my update.
Really? Hmmmmm.......I don't remember that either.

Quote:
Discovery Island I think but I'm not sure what it was, though it was "something" at one point.
It was a bird sanctuary. I remember reading about it in a very old tour guide book. I was intrigued, but by the time I went to Disney the first time with the kids, it was already closed.

Quote:
I won't ever forget that either. She really looked wonderful, ate well and was in amazing spirits, she just glowed. I know it was hard for her at home, her folks literally came over for dinner each night and so she didn't feel she could really share when she didn't feel well and hiding that can be so very draining. The relief to not have to feel like she had to do that I know was huge and she was just really enjoying her trip and just "being". Tracy had "chicken legs" before she got sick as she called them and honestly, if you didn't know she was sick you would never have guessed it.

I agree - I do not think she looked sick at all, except that to me she looked like she had some muscle wasting of her arms and legs, which is not surprising at all considering the trouble she had with her chemo.

Quote:
Breakfast was SOOOO good! I am not a buffet person but it has some lovely non traditional options (like sweet potato pancakes) that jsut made it for me.
I was actually eyeing those up, but the lox, bagels, and cream cheese won! I would definitely head back there for breakfast. Such a winner in my book!

Quote:
I'm super happy we went up there. She wanted to drop off the pillow but I'd never seen a BLT room and had heard horror stories about the size of the studios and was actually surprised. I could stay there with the family. Maybe not for a week but a night or 2? For sure and I do like the decor.
I was actually one of the people who wrote of how small the studio was. I still think it was a bit on the small size, but I think if you room with someone neat then its doable. I think you and I would be fine because I don't think we leave our stuff lying around. I really did like the new layout so much better than the old one.

Quote:
No, we weren't late, I know this for an embarrassing moment of mine which I will cover in my update. Well we might have been late, but we weren't last. John was there too (Melissa's husband).
I guess I just thought since we were the major planners we should have been the first ones there. I am a little anal like that, but really it totally didn't matter! It was a fun meet and I'm so glad everyone showed!

Quote:
Only one adult bev, our plan actually included the villa pool and poolside drinks!
Oh - yes - I do remember that. I have a lovely picture of my concealed drink for the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
What a great Dis meet you had there was loads of yee.
We did have a nice meet. It was a perfect afternoon and it was so awesome that everyone showed up! I hope I get to be part of a big DIS meet in the future, my dates are a little late next year so I will probably miss anything that's planned.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #626
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful day at Epcot! It is nice to see such a great group of Disers meeting! I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, you made a very nice tribute to her.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #627
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update! It must have been hard doing this update, posting about Tracy. I'm glad you got to see her on this trip. She looked beautiful, you would never know she was sick from your pictures! I love the pillow you guys got for her, perfect!
I was ready to do this update. I wanted to think about her again and relive those moments together. At the point I was so optimistic that she may pull it off and have a full recovery. Her surgery was scheduled for days after she returned home.

She did look really beautiful. A true inner peace. I can only thank Cynthia for having the mojo to pick that pillow out of the stacks!

Quote:
Wow, that DIS meet looks like it was so much fun! I always see Cayley and Avery in Kathy's TR's and I think they are so beautiful, it must have been fun to meet them, they seem like such sweet girls!

I was really looking forward to meeting them. In fact, at one point Mary joked that I wasn't at all interested in meeting her, just her girls. So not true, but her girls are every bit as likable in person as they seem in K's TRs. And it was also great to meet Sheree's lovely girls because I have been reading about them for several years and they are adorable as well!

Quote:
Epcot was gorgeous that day, I love all of your pictures, as always!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
She did look quite thin in her pictures but I will always think of her FB posts of this trip of being filled with joy! If you didn't know she was sick, you would never have known from her comments. It comforts me to believe that last trip was so happy for her!
I did enjoy reading all her FB posts! I just regret that I left Epcot right before she texted me that she had her make-up done for their V&A dinner. I think that was my last night. I would have loved to run over there but I think I was already too far away. The picture she posted on FB that evening was amazing. She and Brielle looked like sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post

What a fun group Can't wait for my next Dismeet
It was a lot of fun! DISmeets are a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I was a couple of updates behind, but am now caught up.
What? YOU got behind? I didn't think that could happen! Well, I'm glad you are all caught up now!

Quote:
Wow and Cool for those great DISmeets! You got to meet Jenny and Michael, and then see Tracy, and then Mary, the girls, Brook, etc., etc., etc.!
October is a great time to go if you want to plan a DISmeet! And now I can certainly understand why so many people like to visit in October. The weather is just so darn perfect. Loved it and I'm happy we were able to pull off our mega meet!

Quote:
Tracy looked great...that's so sad that she lost her battle, but I'm sure that she treasured being at DisneyWorld and spending some time with you guys.
God was good in giving her one last wonderful trip to the world! And I am grateful that we spent some quality time with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Enjoyed your update. I remember reading Tracy's FB posts about that trip. She was so happy to be at Disney! I'm glad you all got to visit together.
Tracy had a wonderful time in Disney. Christine and Melissa saw to that. They planned all sorts of amazing things for her. They were both very, very close to her and I am sure they miss her terribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What an amazing update. I can imagine it was a bit of an emotional one to write. I love all the pictures, but especially the ones with all of you disgals in it!
Thank you - It was emotional because its still hard for me to believe that Tracy's life expectancy was as short as it was. All that time with the chemo for h%((.

We had such a great DIS meet! It was really pretty perfect. I just wish it could have been a bit longer!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #628
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Hmm multi quotes don't seem to be working on internet explorer today. what gives?

anyway.

just an FYI, service dogs are trained to literally "go" on command -- so having a single place makes sense. The dogs will hold it in as long as possible (can you imagine having a service dog at work and having to worry about piles?) so if youtake them to a specific area & give them the "potty" command, Voila but that is not nearly as entertaining as Pat & Cynthia's photo!!!!

ME - my sister's podiatrist told her that wearing a shoe with a more flexible sole was much better for her plantar fascitis. She used to wear those sketchers rockers all the time and apparently they did more harm than good. so if you're wearing thickly soled shoes without flexibility at work, that may not be helping your PF.

Sorry that I can't quote you all the wonderful pictures you shared -- so I will just say you had a great two days. Cynthia's meet up at the Ditch & trip around the world, and then your breakfast & DISmeet with Tracy. What a fabulous fabulous morning.

That island was Discovery Island - one of our ferry drivers gave us some background on it when we were staying at FWL in '11. Here is the wikipedia info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Island_(Bay_Lake)

I cannot wait for the halloween party and the costumes!!!
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #629
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I know I read all this last week but can't remember if I posted. So if I did, just chalk it off to my completely ding bat day I am having.

So glad that you got to have a memorable breakfast with your friend. I can tell that she was very special to you and what a perfect gift you got her.

What a great Dis meet! There was a lot of disers there.

Loved your seminar pictures and how neat that Cynthia actually made the mole sauce. It looked yummy!

Love the dog pictures! Too funny.

Can't wait to see what you were for the party.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #630
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

All caught up, thanks for the links! I had to skip the chatting this time, was four updates behind.

Looks like a fun evening was had by all! Loved the chocolate sculptures, so cool.

Mary Ellen, the beach pictures are just marvelous.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: