Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #601
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great updates, Mary Ellen!! I know it must be difficult to post that meet with Tracy, but what a wonderful memory to share with your friend. That pillow is just perfect!

The afternoon DIS meet looks like fun! I love that the girls are already holding hands with you. How sweet!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #602
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a fabulous meet up. I had no clue you met up with all those gals! I am so jealous!

It sounds like your time with Tracy was well spent and you got her a lovely gift...just perfect!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #603
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Now I understand about the pillow. It really was a meaningful gift. Just keep the memories of those wonderful times together at WDW.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #604
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
When I envisioned writing this update, I had hoped that the outcome would have been dramatically different.
I'm sure. I'm so sorry the story didn't have a happy ending, but I'm really glad you could meet up and have the time with her.

Quote:
Looking over our shoulders we had a great view of the WL
Still love that place.

Quote:
We also passed this little island which had obviously been inhabited at some point

Anybody know what this is? Didn't there used to be some island, Discover Island?, that was a bird sanctuary?
Discovery Island...I remember visiting there as a kid when we stayed in Fort Wilderness. I seem to remember birds, alligators, and trails similar to Tom Sawyer's Island. I also remember visiting River Country...

Quote:
It's hard to believe that this lovely lady left this world less than two months after this photo was taken.
But I'm glad you were there to get the photo and make her smile.

Quote:
So who made it to the meet: Mary, Sheree, Brook, Christine, Melissa, Cynthia, ME, Tracy, Pat, Avery, Cayle (Mary's girls) and Sara, Paige (Sheree's girls). Both Mary and Sheree's DHs were there (not pictured). We were just a tad bummed that Henry and Joe were not there.
Wow, that is a mega-meet!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #605
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Yes that was Discovery Island, educational tours were done there. One took the boat from FW & Discovery Island was a stop on the way to the Contemporary Resort. We rode the boat, but went on to the resort.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #606
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen what a beautiful update with your Dis Meet and Tracy !!!Just seeing you mention your Beautiful musical tribute to Tracey has my eyes filled with tearsDissers are truly special and I LOVE you all!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #607
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Now I have to comment on Pat's pix of the Land Boat Ride !!I didn't know that you captured that pix of Cayley !!!! Now if you say you told me I am claimimg Dementia
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #608
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm sure this was a difficult update for you to write, MaryEllen.
I have been thinking about this update for awhile, so it really wasn't too terrible. Thank you for the virtual hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The photos are beautiful, as always: I especially like the ones walking around World Showcase. But the best is of your mega DIS meet with Tracy and with you holding my girls hands.
Thank you!

I am so glad Tracy was able to attend the DIS meet! I know she must have been tired and I know she got a wheelchair a time or two later in the week.

Your girls are just adorable. They are so super friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wow, what a great update. I'm so glad yall were able to spend that nice breakfast with Tracy. That pillow really was a great gift.
We had a wonderful visit and it was awesome to see her. I knew that it might be the last time, I just really hoped that it wasn't.

Quote:
What a fun DISmeet! It's nice that you were all able to do that.
I am so glad we were able to pull off the meet and everyone was able to get there. We had been working on it behind the scenes for awhile. It's always so good to met a fellow DISer in person.

Quote:
That looks like a PERFECT day at Epcot, ughhhhhh, it's just SO PRETTY.
It was a GORGEOUS day! I really enjoyed visiting in October. The days were absolutely perfect!

Attention Jasho8 - Your reply is below. Scroll down!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
How wonderful that you were able to have breakfast with Tracy. That pillow really was the perfect gift.
I really enjoyed our breakfast with Tracy. It was wonderful to see her and hear her story. She was so brave throughout her illness. Very remarkable.

Quote:
What a fun DisMeet!!
Can you believe we actually pulled it off???? I love meeting other DISers. So fun!

Quote:
Haha I will never get tired of the Fountain of Nations either! I really could watch it for hours!
It's gorgeous, isn't it? And it photographs so well be it daytime or evening! Just love those fountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
This is great! I am so glad you guys got to meet in this big group!
MeMom! Thanks for stopping by!

I was really psyched that we were able to pull this meet off and, more importantly, I was thrilled that Tracy could be there with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
What a wonderful morning! You made some great memories at your DisMeets.
We really did! And I've gotta say - if you ever want to have a big DIS meet, go in October because it seems like so many DISers are there. So fun!

Quote:
I love the pillow, how perfect!
Isn't that awesome? I am so happy that Cynthia found it because, knowing me, I would have totally missed it!

Quote:
Thanks for sharing
You are welcome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
How wonderful that you got to have such a nice breakfast with Tracy. My eyes welled up just at the comment about her fighting for her dad... what a terrible thing is cancer. Hugs to you, Mary Ellen, I'm sure that wasn't too easy to write about.
I'm so glad we planned that. I knew it might be one of the last times I would see her, even though I hoped she would be here for future trips. Her comment about her dad made me realized that she had been facing her own mortality. She was so strong and so determined, but under the surface she must have known that this thing had a life of its own.

Quote:
You guys picked out the perfect gift indeed! That pillow is adorable.
I have Cynthia to thank for her observant pillow finding skills. She found it in and among all the other pillows.

Quote:
I love all the pics you took on the boat on the way, I love taking the boat. It's so relaxing!
We used the boat for a lot of transportation and that was really nice. I really enjoyed it. It's neat how Disney has its own little transportation system inside of a much larger one.

Quote:
What a great DisMeet! Wow! How fun for so many of you to get to meet up!
It was so fun to see everybody. The best part was that everyone was so easily recognizable. Sometimes I am so not observant, but I knew everyone the second I saw them.

Quote:
Aaaah! I can't wait to see the party update!
I took SO many pictures. In fact, I was doing a little editing today and last night and I keep getting so irritated because there is the same darn witch's hat in front of me in every picture of the castle. ARRRRRRRGH!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 01-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #609
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

What a truely moving update.

I am so glad for the two of you that you got to have breakfast with Tracy and that you all enjoyed it so much.
The story behind the pillow is so wonderful.

Love the photo of all of you ladies and the PP pics too!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #610
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Beautiful video,since I've only been around since the Summer on the Dis i never knew Tracy,but I'm sure she would appreciate you making that for her.And you oh my goodness,someone needs to send that song into Disney it's beautiful!!! I couldn't help but tear up.in the past 5 years I've made alot of online friends from different sites and it's amazing that some of the these online friendships are greater than some "real life" friendships.You ladies seem like a great bunch!!!If i ever get to meet you it would be an honour :D

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #611
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great last couple of updates! Wow when you say DISmeet Extreme, you really mean it!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #612
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
When I envisioned writing this update, I had hoped that the outcome would have been dramatically different.

You see, not only did we have a big group DIS meet planned for this afternoon, we also had a very special DIS meet planned for the morning. Several weeks or more before this trip I had been talking to Tracy on FB. She seemed very certain that she would be coming to F&W. She had two more treatments to go and was pretty positive her doctor would clear her to travel. I knew Tracy was staying at BLT and Cynthia and I already had a Wave breakfast planned. So I asked Tracy if she would join us. She happily agreed.
I was SO happy you reached out for her and set this up!

Quote:
Since breakfast wasn't until 10:30 we both got up and exercised - Cynthia to the workout room and me to the great outdoors. We stopped in the gift shop on our way over to the Contemporary. We wanted to pick out something nice for Tracy and Cynthia ended up finding the perfect gift.

Now you would think that Cynthia and I could be on time from our breakfast date, but the Disney transportation conspired against us and we ended up being a few minutes late. Here's why - instead of our boat going straight to the Contemporary, it went to Fort Wilderness. Oh rats!
No you wouldn't, it was me, remember? I am never on time!

And I think there is another reason we were running late but I'll get to it in my update.

Quote:
Anybody know what this is? Didn't there used to be some island, Discover Island?, that was a bird sanctuary?

Discovery Island I think but I'm not sure what it was, though it was "something" at one point.

Quote:
We stayed at the Wave after breakfast and talked for quite awhile. Despite Tracy's concern over her weight loss, I think she looked wonderful. Besides her arms and legs being painfully thin, she looked lovely and had a pretty glow to her skin. At one point she told us that she didn't want to give up the fight - she was fighting for her father because losing her would destroy him. Gulp! I could just feel my eyes welling up with tears. It was a poignant moment and one I will remember forever.
I won't ever forget that either. She really looked wonderful, ate well and was in amazing spirits, she just glowed. I know it was hard for her at home, her folks literally came over for dinner each night and so she didn't feel she could really share when she didn't feel well and hiding that can be so very draining. The relief to not have to feel like she had to do that I know was huge and she was just really enjoying her trip and just "being". Tracy had "chicken legs" before she got sick as she called them and honestly, if you didn't know she was sick you would never have guessed it.

Breakfast was SOOOO good! I am not a buffet person but it has some lovely non traditional options (like sweet potato pancakes) that jsut made it for me.

Quote:
After breakfast we went back to Tracy's room at BLT. She had a lake/MK view that was lovely. The last time I stayed at BLT the sink was outside of the bathroom. I really like how they remodeled the studios and I really would like to stay there again.
I'm super happy we went up there. She wanted to drop off the pillow but I'd never seen a BLT room and had heard horror stories about the size of the studios and was actually surprised. I could stay there with the family. Maybe not for a week but a night or 2? For sure and I do like the decor.

Quote:

Keeping with our lateness theme, I think we were one of the last to arrive for our DIS meet at the R&C.

So who made it to the meet: Mary, Sheree, Brook, Christine, Melissa, Cynthia, ME, Tracy, Pat, Avery, Cayle (Mary's girls) and Sara, Paige (Sheree's girls). Both Mary and Sheree's DHs were there (not pictured). We were just a tad bummed that Henry and Joe were not there.
No, we weren't late, I know this for an embarrassing moment of mine which I will cover in my update. Well we might have been late, but we weren't last. John was there too (Melissa's husband).

Quote:
Apparently we did have at least one adult beverage!

Since we had party tickets for tonight, we made it a very early afternoon. The plan was for the three of us to meet back up at the Wilderness Lodge to change into our party costumes. Then the three of us would head into the party together.
Only one adult bev, our plan actually included the villa pool and poolside drinks!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #613
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

What a great Dis meet you had there was loads of yee.
petals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #614
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Nice picture!!! I see Hidden Mickeys.
Pat is always good for some hidden Mickeys! She's got great detail pictures!

Quote:
That's why they need a baggie stand there!
Good one!

Quote:
Cynthia and Pat- enjoyed your recounting of awesome afternoon and evening, with bonus tracks!
I did too! Very fun updates!

Quote:
The pumpkin mousse does look and sound amazing!!! Mmmmmmm!
Cynthia really raved about it and I am disappointed that I never tried it. Next year, I tell you!

Quote:
What a great meet in Mexico!
It looks like they had a ton of fun!

Quote:
Glad you found some food. Love Tangierine!
Me too! The food is so yummy!

Quote:
Love your gorgeous photos from the boat over to the CR!
Thank you! We really enjoyed all our boat travel this trip. The weather was just perfect for it. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right!

Quote:
What a wonderful couple of DIS meets- can't think of a better way to spend a morning.
We really did enjoy our DIS meets. So much fun!

Quote:
I'm glad you and Cynthia had a nice breakfast with Tracy. Great gift for her.
I am too. It was a great location because of how quiet it was in there. I would not hesitate to eat there again for breakfast. So good and so many selections.

Quote:
On the cool artsy pic of the monorail track- was that done all in the camera or lots of post-processing?
Hmmmmm - what do you think? I have been having some post-processing fun these days. Can't help myself.

Quote:
Awesome, awesome pictures, but my only comment is that you need photoshop that water bottle out of this picture and add in either a margarita or a Grey Goose slushie!
That is probably the only picture this whole trip where I am NOT holding alcohol. I should have at least one, don't you think?

Quote:
Can't wait for the party pictures!
I have enough party pictures for 5 updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It really is interesting. I'm not typically one to really notice what people are wearing, but I'm pretty sure I'd spot that one too. Especially after a few drinks...
That hat was just .....well, for lack of a better description....weird. Not really sure why someone would wear that out in public?

Quote:
Ok, I've got to say, I couldn't see your pictures at first on my work computer. I had to get my phone out to see them (thank goodness for smart phones). I'll admit I was little disappointed. When I saw "Past Figment" I guess I was expecting some kind of retro Dreamfinder and Figment picture or something.
Ah - so you have a restricted work computer, too? I suffer from that malady, but lately I have been bringing my own in.

retro Dreamfinder Figment? I like that!

Quote:
Cool! Although that isn't exactly the dancing that Morocco is known for.
Ain't that the truth!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #615
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Great update, as usual. We will be heading to Disney this Thursday!! These reports are getting me so excited (and reminding me of everything I need to do this week while trying to work.....)
I am not sure how I completely missed responding to this. I read and got all excited for you because your trip is so close and then I someone skipped right over when doing replies.

I am so lame!

Anyway - I hope you have a wonderful time! And I hope the time between now and Thursday flies!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: