Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #511
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

yeah - this does need a name. A dis friendly name.
Nevermind...I'd probably get in trouble!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #512
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Gotta confess, it took me a couple looks to get that one!
Well, obviously your mind is NOT in the gutter. Or at least its not as much in the gutter as the rest of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey girl! I just poured myself a glass of wine and am going to catch up on your TR...start to finish...can't think of a better way to spend my Saturday night!

Jacquie! So good to see you back on the DIS! We all missed you!
I was also very excited to see that you were working on your Tr again and that you have a new trip planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That pix in Morocco looks a lot like my"artwork" on the door at work !!!
Excuse me? Did hear the correctly? That must be some place to work. I wish I could tell you about the artwork in the board room where I work, but I don't thing there is a single way I could explain it without getting myself in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I've got the Apple Struedel recipe if you need it! It's in one of my F&W cookbooks.

Jill in CO
There you go Cynthia - something else you can make! It does look pretty amazing, but since I'm the worlds worse cook I should even pretend I want to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Yes we got a lot of laughs out of it !!!!
"It" Hey - that could be a new DIS friendly name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
You're right...I might! Every now and then I actually get in the mood to cook. Though it's not often.

I have been wanting to try to make a souffle forever! Specifically, I want to attempt a Grand Marnier souffle. I've bought my little souffle dishes and all. But, I still haven't tried to make it.
That sounds like me - but those moods are few and far between. Grand marnier souffle really sounds good, if you ask me. YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your chicken with the mole sauce looks delicious! And it doesn't sound complicated to make at all. Hmmm.....maybe even I could whip that up.
That's what I thought, but I am afraid when I go to execute it things might take a turn for the worst.

I need to look around for the recipe again. I can't find mine!

Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Well, I just spent thirty minutes of my day off, reading your entire report. So glad for chapter links! A girls' DIS trip sounds fun! Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.

Michelle! Thanks for joining in! I am so glad the chapter links helped. That's why I put them there!

Girls trips are a blast. This is my third and it was probably the best one yet.

Hoping to do an update tonight, but not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I did - A hat and a couple of pins. Kind of cool that I did not even have to really "do" or "sit " through anything to get them. And I was literally passing by since I walked back from DHS.
I have always wanted to go to one of those DVC gatherings. Maybe next time. Freebies are good!

Quote:
I think I was being careful and passed on the sweet potatoes and well, there is very little in desserts I can't have.

I like both the beef skewer and the lamb chop. Both are very good.

I don't remember you trying the lamb chop, but why would that be surprising that I forgot that. Unless, of course, you ate the lamb chop when we weren't with you. That's a possibility.

Quote:
NICE!!!
OMG - I can just here you saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
HAH! We will see about that.

Maybe....

Maybe not!

I will say though after posting the French Onion soup I had at Les Chef's here, and then again at Royal Palace on my PTR I was craving it so did have to make it last night. These trip reports are killing me in the kitchen.

Or at least helping me come up with ideas since I never know what to make anyway.

This TR is killing you and we just got started with the food. It's going to get worse, you know!

Yum to FOS - pictures??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Nevermind...I'd probably get in trouble!
Somethings are better left unsaid!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #513
MEK
DIS Veteran

Doggie See Doggie Do......

Well, I finally made it make to the DIS board to do an update. It was a crazy, busy week because of the video for Nick's soccer banquet. I also made shadow boxes for the seniors and that required multiple trips to the craft store since I needed 10 shadow boxes and the most I could get at any given time was 5.

Anyway - the work is done and they did give me a Disney gift card as a thank you! I can't think of a better thank you gift.

If either of us missed any replies over the last week, please give me a shout - out. I did replies pretty quickly.

So in my last update we went to the seminar to learn how to make mole with tomatillos, we circled the world showcase sampling all sorts of yummy things, and we were now heading back to the Festival Center to hit the Chase lounge and maybe get wrist bands.

Oh - and just as an FYI - you can't buy a gift card with a gift card. I wanted to get a wrist band, but I was not allowed to pay for it with a gift care. Boo!

Heading to TT

Is that guy drinking booze or a soda?

I noticed the hummingbird feeders, which looked pretty cool.

Then we all noticed this Dog sign

More feeders

Apparently, I lost interest in the dog sign quickly, but Cynthia and Pat didn't. See what I mean....... (the followed the dog path)

And then I looked again and saw this.........

Kind off leaves you speechless!

Once I recovered from laughing so hard I could barely stand up (as evidenced by the blurry pictures), I focused on the scenery again.

OK - Moving On to the festival center......

Passing by the new TT entrance

Passing Mission Space

And heading to the Festival Center

I guess I thought this fountain outside the festival center was cool

And I found these small windows looking into the festival center to be unique

It's not like you could really see that much, but they were cool all the same.

When we walked past the seminar area we noticed that that cute little intern from the seminar was cleaning the thermador stove.

Of course, we had to try out the merchandise

One picture really is never enough when Pat is involved

This is just what everyone needs while lounging in the sun in the backyard or at the beach.

I really liked this T-shirt. In fact, I liked it so much that I went back later in the trip and got it for Denny. Never mind that the date is 2012. It will be vintage by next F&W

Cute

…….but it may have put me over my weight limit for luggage. Yup - I was THAT close.

Still cleaning

Our next stop was the Chase Lounge for Visa Holders

They even had cell phone chargers in here, but every time I tried to use it the iPhone charger was in use.

See this cute couple. They had name tags from Flourtown, PA. I lived there in high school. I had to take their picture. Had to!

It's a small world after all!

Continued in Next Post........

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #514
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I love the cute souvenirs for F&W, I really want one of those wine glasses on a stick!

Is the Visa Lounge there all the time or just during F & W?
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #515
MEK
DIS Veteran

After I drank about 5 tiny dixie cups full of lemonade it was time to go here.

Aren't these the toilets that you have to flush by hand? I sort of forget now.

On the way out we stopped to drool over the giradelli chocolate creations.

They were all pretty darn amazing!

Once outside it was obvious that evening was fast approaching.

All the outdoor lights looked so cool in the dusk

It was right about here that we experienced some major Disney mojo. A young teenage girl and her family asked if we would like their Soarin FP's. They were due for 7:30, which happened to be the exact time! Can you say SCORE!!!!!!!!!

At first I think we were all just so stunned that we didn't know how to respond. But we quickly recovered and said "YES! YES! and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!"

Woo hoo! Off to Soarin we went.

I can't tell you how many FPs I have given away over the years, but this is seriously one of the few, if not only times, that I have had a FP offered to me. I was beyond excited.

The fountains look so pretty this time of night

Nemo on the right

Getting ready to go inside

Peep hole to the skies

Soarin was awesome. It was especially awesome because we got free FPs!

Once outside, it was dark. And as soon as I hit dark I got hit by the tired feeling. It's weird - it's like it just slapped me in the face. I knew I didn't have much left.

I also realized that despite our lunch and snacking, I was HUNGRY!

We headed back to France

I took a few lousy shots of the fountains. I have no idea why they are so terrible, except perhaps I didn't slow down enough.

Back in France I decided to try the Coq Au Vin.

OMG - so good! I could have eaten two more!

At this juncture in our journey I realized I was done. I was suddenly very tired, probably the post alcohol let down, and my feet were KILLING me! I know I haven't said much about my feet and I promise not to complain about them, other than to say that I have bad plantar fascitis. I had a hard time finding supportive sandals prior to leaving on the trip. I did find a pair that worked well, but at this point of the night my feet just sort of ached. They were done.

Cynthia, on the other hand, was making arrangements to meet up with Jenny (rentayenta) and her family. I didn't really know Jenny prior to this trip and, as much as I love meeting people, I figured this was a good time to head on home. It was an EMH night, but despite that I figured there might be a post Illuminations rush to the buses.

Once I hit the front of the park I did realize that I probably had time to ride Spaceship Earth. So I did. And I only took one picture with my cell phone. Apparently I'm not even in it. LOL

Quite honestly, the dark and quiet were lulling me to sleep and I was fearful that a CM might have to wake me up at the end of the ride.

The bus ride home was uneventful, but my timing was off just a bit. Once I got up to the 4th floor of the villas I noticed that I could see the Electric light parade out on Bay Lake. I was hoping I could quick drop my bags, change my sandals, and run out to the beach to catch the end of it.

But, alas, I was too late.

I did head over to roaring forks and purchase something to eat because I was still a little hungry. I have no idea what it was.

I feel asleep promptly, but at 12pm I woke up and noticed that Cynthia wasn't back yet. I remember thinking, "should I be concerned and text her." Then I remembered that it was Disney and she was just fine.

I was a bit relieved, however, when I heard her come in about 15 or 20 minutes later.

Next Up - Breakfast with Tracy and our group DIS meet!

Last edited by MEK; 01-23-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #516
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Love the Dog Path Pix !!!Oh Pat we have a MISSION for OctoberMary Ellen I work in a GROUP Home and one of them drew for me Cuz I needed a MAN!!! Such thooughtful souls
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #517
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Yea for the FP score !!That is soooo great!!Know the feeling of those aching feet at the end of a long day !!I talk to mine and tell them keep going it will be over soon
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #518
MEK
DIS Veteran

Since my update was relatively short I think I'll add a few pictures from my trip to Rehoboth Beach right before NY's.

This house is in the complex where my BIL/SIL have a house

Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #519
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Not sure whether to or

Ooooh...me want!!

Those chocolate sculptures are amazing!!

and hooray for Sorin FP's!!!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #520
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh my! The doggie path pictures are hilarious. Hey, wait a minute, I thought little girls squatted, not raised their legs.

Yay for getting offered the Fastpasses. Like you, I've given many Fastpasses away but very rarely get them given to me.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #521
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
Oh my! The doggie path pictures are hilarious. Hey, wait a minute, I thought little girls squatted, raised their legs.

Yay for getting offered the Fastpasses. Like you, I've given many Fastpasses away but very rarely get them given to me.
My little boy Pomeranian squats & my grand dog which a Pom, lifts her leg!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #522
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
My little boy Pomeranian squats & my grand dog which a Pom, lifts her leg!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #523
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Ok, you gals are having waaayyy too much fun there! The dog imitation - too funny. We'll forgive the blurry photo due to your laughter!

You know, I've never noticed any bird feeders let alone doggie relief areas. I need to pay more attention althought gotta say that I've never had a dog with me to worry about that!

Love the updates and the real life photos. They are so artsy and whimsical.

Sounds like your off DisBoards life is wonderfully hectic and the Disney gift card is the perfect thank you gift!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #524
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

OMG!!! those dog path pictures were hysterical!! You girls are so much fun - just loving this report.

My mum has plantar fasi (whatsit??) and has alot of trouble with finding comfy shoes to wear.

Hope you are well.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #525
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha you guys were having way too much fun on that doggie path!!! Sounds like you were having a great time together!

Weren't those chocolate sculptures awesome? People are so talented!

Hopefully your feet weren't bothering you too much for the rest of the trip!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: