Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #31
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Thanks for the heads up, I am here and ready for the whole story!
October 16 is a great day, also my anniversary
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

I'm here and looking forward to all the fun!
MomToPrincePhillip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Oh, I am so in here!

Sorry I am late joining, we spent the afternoon shopping in Germany (the real one ) and got back later than expected.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm in! I have the same shirt that Pat is wearing!! LOVE that shirt!

Jill in CO
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #35
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start! I love Food and Wine trips, I'm trying to plot a quick Thursday-Sunday trip this October, but I'm not sure if it's going to work out or not, we'll see! I love your Disney bag, and yay for Wilderness Lodge!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Not even 24 hours and I'm on page 3 you're one popular lady Mary Ellen!

Thanks for the invite, can't wait to hear about your newest adventure

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #37
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

OMG, I'm late & on page three! Well at least I'm here. Now to catch up!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #38
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm here to actually comment now!

I am soooo glad that you loved F&W! I knew you would. Maybe one day we can overlap a F&W trip and share some drunk little cucumbers.

Departure days are always the best. You're so excited when you get up in the morning. It's the only time I'm actually able to get up early.

How did you like The Girl Who Played with Fire? I think it's a great series.

Hahaha, I think the signature gate picture might prove to be a little difficult when you are seated all the way in the back of the bus.

I am so stoked to stay at the villas at the GF. I don't care what the points are! We've stayed there on points before, and that's without villas. Anything has to be better than that!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #39
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm here!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

Sara! Thanks for joining in! It was a pretty crazy and fun trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Thanks for starting!!! So far, so good! Love the pictures of you and Cynthia and of the 3 of you!
Dee! I am so glad you are here and joining in for this TR!

Quote:
I'm glad you were able to get onto the ME bus- even though you missed the Welcome sign picture, you got some great shots from the window. Wow, that is a lot of stuff going on at GF.
I tried so hard to get the welcome shot, but I was too slow to get my camera out. I was using my cell. Oh well, the main thing is I got on the bus and got there.

I can't wait to see the GF when its finally done.

Quote:
Hope you are able to keep track of that book for the whole trip!

I will have you know that I did NOT lose that book! I'm so proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
You're off to a great start I can't wait to read more!
Dawn! So happy you are here and joining in for another TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Well, IT'S TRUE!!! You are! Max was sick all last night, so I just saw this as I was coming into work. Will be back to read and catch up later, but I had to say that and that I LOVE the TR title!
Well, hey....who am I to argue with that, but I sure think it threw Gaston for a loop. He didn't know what to say!

I hope Max is feeling better.

And I have you and Cynthia to thank for the TR title. I can't claim even an ounce of credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Finally catching one of your reports early on!! I can't wait to read all about it
Krysten and yeah for getting here right at the beginning. TR's are so much better that way.

Quote:
And the awesome MEK pictures begin! Great start so far, not that I expect anything less, what with you being more interesting than Gaston and all.
haha! Good one!

Quote:
Hi, Pat! I had to just throw this in here, because its relevant and it was funny... I was in line with my little group waiting for the MK rope drop show to start and I was standing next to a woman who was solo and looked like it maybe, kinda, coulda been you and since I've followed your trip reports intermittently (sorry), it was possible my image of you could be off.

So, we started talking and our chat immediately turned to the FLE and whether it was still open to the general public. She was pretty knowledgeable about what was going on (at least as knowledgeable as most of us on the Dis) and mentioned being an AP holder. At which point, I thought, what the hey? She looks an awful lot like Pat, so let me go for it. I started by just asking if she posted on the Dis, she looked at me like I was insane, and that was the end of that conversation. Well, at least I tried, right?
That's actually a pretty amusing story. I guess she decided you were a creepy internet stalker. That happened once with my friend Jen and I. We met some lady getting off the plane in Orlando and when Jen asked if she was on the DIS she said, "NO I hate the website" Awkward!

Quote:
Sorry for hijacking for a sec...
No hijack at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am here, page 2 Figures.
to page 2. Nothing wrong with that.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #40
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes! So stop on by anyone who hasn't already (shamless plug lol) Coffee on the Verandah, link is in my siggie .
It's a great TR, so for anyone who hasn't been there YOU should go!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I'll figure out a color for my updates and probably have my departure update up tomorrow or the next day but soon. I think I uploaded my phone pics but can't recall! So need to check that too. Not today though, have to go play Santa to clients all day and hope snow doesn't come and mess with my plans. Every year I spend 2-4 days running all over town delivering gifts and the weather can really make it or break it on how efficient I can be. Am about 50% done, weather willing will finish today which will make the rest of my work week before Christmas SO nice! I do love it though, it's a fun time of year.
Delivery presents to the clients sounds like a necessary evil. I certainly hope the weather cooperated. I hope you were able to finish all your deliveries.

Quote:
I think it's pretty cool too! And yes we will Mary Ellen is a great roomie, we had an absolute blast and I have a sneaking suspicion it's only a matter of time till we figure out when the next girls trip will be. Problem is fitting it around all the trips we both already have planned!
Yup - there's always that possibility for another girl's trip. Love that!

Quote:
Pat is definitely the unofficial 3rd amiga on this trip. An unexpected and very fun partner in crime. Crimes of food, drink and photo ops that is.
I agree. It was so fun meeting and really getting to know Pat.

Quote:
Well, you can thank another DISer, who hopefully will be along and recognize where the title came from, since we won't get to the story for a bit!
She already posted and yes - she recognized her own line.

Quote:
They are the best! well, as long as you are ready and not running late that is. Which obviously you weren't!
There is just something so exciting about D-Day. And, no, my timing was perfect!

Quote:
That line and wait sounded brutal. I think I consistently fly at odd times, I've never ever had a line. I don't go in the main line though, straight though to the left. Doesn't seem to matter much, even when you get right on the bus, you sit there for 30 minutes. My flight left at 8:55 my time and we did text before I took off but I am thinking that it might have been when you landed as at 12:10 EST I'd have had stuff turned off. But by the time you were on the bus I might have been online in air, can't recall although I was very good about not doing FB and email until I'd run through one battery's worth of work project.
I've taken ME enough to know that it was an unusually long line and I heard a few people say that they were running one bus/driver short. It really was an excessive wait. Annoying!

Quote:
ISo funny though, the east/west time difference. My flight left at the same time as yours and yet you get a whole day there. Not fair! I miss the red eye.
I got a whole day there, but I totally did nothing with it. Well, I guess that's not entirely true, but I really did goof off quite a bit before I left for Epcot.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #41
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Another trip report? I am so in!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #42
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Checking in! Sounds like a fun trip!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #43
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Well, IT'S TRUE!!! You are! Max was sick all last night, so I just saw this as I was coming into work. Will be back to read and catch up later, but I had to say that and that I LOVE the TR title!
That was such a fun moment Tina, I still smile every time I think about it! I hope Max is feeling better.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #44
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #45
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

So glad you started your newest TR! Can't wait to read all about the trip!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: