Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #16
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Woo to the Hoo!!!

An new TR, from MEK!!

Can't wait to hear and see it all through your eyes again.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #17
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hey Mary Ellen, thanks for the heads up on the new TR! I'm totally on board for this one!

Love the name and that you met Poolrat Pat many times during the trip. Eek on the wait for the ME bus but you got some pretty pictures of the resorts.

Looking forward to reading more!
Tanz
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for starting!!! So far, so good! Love the pictures of you and Cynthia and of the 3 of you!

I'm glad you were able to get onto the ME bus- even though you missed the Welcome sign picture, you got some great shots from the window. Wow, that is a lot of stuff going on at GF.

Hope you are able to keep track of that book for the whole trip!

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #20
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

You're off to a great start I can't wait to read more!
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #21
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Well, IT'S TRUE!!! You are! Max was sick all last night, so I just saw this as I was coming into work. Will be back to read and catch up later, but I had to say that and that I LOVE the TR title!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Finally catching one of your reports early on!! I can't wait to read all about it

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

And the awesome MEK pictures begin! Great start so far, not that I expect anything less, what with you being more interesting than Gaston and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Here !!!!!

I really enjoyed that trip.
Hi, Pat! I had to just throw this in here, because its relevant and it was funny... I was in line with my little group waiting for the MK rope drop show to start and I was standing next to a woman who was solo and looked like it maybe, kinda, coulda been you and since I've followed your trip reports intermittently (sorry), it was possible my image of you could be off.

So, we started talking and our chat immediately turned to the FLE and whether it was still open to the general public. She was pretty knowledgeable about what was going on (at least as knowledgeable as most of us on the Dis) and mentioned being an AP holder. At which point, I thought, what the hey? She looks an awful lot like Pat, so let me go for it. I started by just asking if she posted on the Dis, she looked at me like I was insane, and that was the end of that conversation. Well, at least I tried, right?

Sorry for hijacking for a sec...
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am here, page 2 Figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Welcome to my newest Trip Report. Actually, "our" newest Trip Report as this is a joint venture between myself and eandesmom (Cynthia). Since Cynthia is still hard at work on her summer trip report, I will be the main narrator. Cynthia will be stopping by to add her own version of the events.
Yes! So stop on by anyone who hasn't already (shamless plug lol) Coffee on the Verandah, link is in my siggie .

I'll figure out a color for my updates and probably have my departure update up tomorrow or the next day but soon. I think I uploaded my phone pics but can't recall! So need to check that too. Not today though, have to go play Santa to clients all day and hope snow doesn't come and mess with my plans. Every year I spend 2-4 days running all over town delivering gifts and the weather can really make it or break it on how efficient I can be. Am about 50% done, weather willing will finish today which will make the rest of my work week before Christmas SO nice! I do love it though, it's a fun time of year.

Quote:
I think its pretty cool that the DIS boards brought us together and I am sure we will be live long friends.

Here we are 18 months later

We also had a partner in crime during this trip. Meet Poolrat Pat. You going to see a lot of her during this trip report.

I think it's pretty cool too! And yes we will Mary Ellen is a great roomie, we had an absolute blast and I have a sneaking suspicion it's only a matter of time till we figure out when the next girls trip will be. Problem is fitting it around all the trips we both already have planned!

Pat is definitely the unofficial 3rd amiga on this trip. An unexpected and very fun partner in crime. Crimes of food, drink and photo ops that is.

Quote:
Oh - and Trip Report Title - You can thank Cynthia for that. She is the creative one!
Well, you can thank another DISer, who hopefully will be along and recognize where the title came from, since we won't get to the story for a bit!

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]No Alarm Necessary

Aren't departure days the best? That feeling of energy that hits you the moment your alarm rings. Or in my case, no alarm was even necessary because I woke up before it ever went off.

I remember grabbing my phone, looking at the time, and thinking "Woo Hoo, I'm going to Disney today".

October 16th was a Tuesday and I made arrangements with Denny to take me to the airport. I was scheduled to fly out of Philadelphia at 9am.
They are the best! well, as long as you are ready and not running late that is. Which obviously you weren't!

Quote:
When I got in line it was around 12:10. The line was LONG. I was surprised and I actually started to wonder whether I would get on the bus. I was pretty far back. I checked FB and checked email and probably texted Cynthia that I was there. I think her flight was getting ready to board or maybe she had already left.

Before I knew it, it was 12:30 and a woman in line asked if she should catch a cab. She said she was supposed to be at a conference session at the Grand Floridian at 1pm and if she was late she would not be admitted. She spoke with one of the DME employees who was absolutely no help. I felt bad for her. When the DME employee told her she would definitely be late and she should catch a cab, she asked what the price would be. When she heard the answer she said, "forget about it".

And with that our DME bus appeared.
That line and wait sounded brutal. I think I consistently fly at odd times, I've never ever had a line. I don't go in the main line though, straight though to the left. Doesn't seem to matter much, even when you get right on the bus, you sit there for 30 minutes. My flight left at 8:55 my time and we did text before I took off but I am thinking that it might have been when you landed as at 12:10 EST I'd have had stuff turned off. But by the time you were on the bus I might have been online in air, can't recall although I was very good about not doing FB and email until I'd run through one battery's worth of work project.

So funny though, the east/west time difference. My flight left at the same time as yours and yet you get a whole day there. Not fair! I miss the red eye.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay!!!!!!!
Danielle! So happy to have you on board for another TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here...now back to read (I didn't want to do responses on my TR tonight anyway ).
Kathy! So glad to have you on board for another go-round on the old TR boards.

Quote:
Great start. This is going to be one great TR...you and Cynthia, an dPat thrown in too. I can hardly contain my excitement.
This trip was crazy full of DIS meets. Unfortunately, we don't have photographic evidence of some of them. I know the rule - If there's no picture, it didn't happen, but there are some reasons for the limited pictures.

Quote:
Glad you got on the bus...even if it was the back of the bus.
The back of the bus is WAY better than no bus. Apparently they were running a bus short or something of that nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !!
Susan! Watch out - Scooter mom is here! Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
YAY for a girls trip !! I dream of doing one of those sometime. Right now, though, my family would lynch me if I tried to go without them.
You really have to wait until your kids are at least in high school. Then they don't care as much. At least my boys could care less and they actually like having me out of the house for a week. So does my DH!

Quote:
I agree that Food and Wine is an amazing time to go. I can't wait to see what you guys ate !!
Thank goodness I took pictures of nearly everything we ate and I would have no clue. I probably still won't have a clue, but its a start. I already know that next year I am getting my passport and checking everything off as I go. I need all the help I can get.

Quote:
I am so excited about the Grand Floridian DVC units. The points will probably be insane, but I REALLY want to stay there !!
I do too. I am worried that the high point price will desuade me, but it really would be nice to do for a couple nights. Early check-in, late check-out. I would probably sandwich it in the middle of a more point conscious stay.

Quote:
Yay for Wilderness Lodge. We really enjoyed our time there in September.
VWL is one of my home resorts. I look forward to eventually staying there during Christmas season. Unfortunately I am going to miss it by about a week next year. Sigh!

Quote:
Looking forward to reading more !!

Susan
Much More to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Woohoo...

This is going to be good...
Patricia! So glad to have you along for the fun! I agree, this is going to be good. The challenge is remembering everything.

Quote:
Great Peeps, Great Resorts and based on the aforementioned great peeps... probs some great food and adult beverages...
Ah, yes, two great resorts and visits to a few more. Too much great food and too many adult beverages to count. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Quote:
Totally Ready...

I probably won't update again until either right before or right after Christmas, but I am sure Cynthia will be here with her own "official" introduction.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Sigh. Page two...
That's what I get for taking the night off the computer and going to bed early!

Oh well - I'm really excited for this TR - since I was there too!
Hi Pat and Cynthia!!

Wonder if that woman in the ME line made it into her big conference? What kind of conference doesn't let you in if you're a little late? Now I'm curious and we'll probably never know the answer.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #27
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

I'm here and ready for some WL spectacular-rama!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks for the bat signal!
Jen! Thanks for joining in! I know you can totally relate to a "girls only" trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay! Looking forward to reading all about the trip!
Lisa! Thanks so much for joining in! I promise, this will be a crazy trip for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm here! Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!
Marissa. Thanks for joining in! So glad to have you on board for this crazy girl's trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh, and your bag is just PRECIOUS.
Thanks! I love that bag ($12 Walmart - did I really have a choice?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Signing on. Can't wait to read all about it!
Glenn! It wouldn't be a trip report without you present. I can assure you that I won't be posting any pictures of bathroom stalls on this TR!

Quote:
Here !!!!!
Pat! You are are big part of this trip report, so you BETTER be here!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I really enjoyed that trip.
So. Much. Fun. The next time we do a girls trip we have to coordinate dates. It was too much fun not to do again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Woo to the Hoo!!!

An new TR, from MEK!!
Camille! So glad to have you along for the start of this one! Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Can't wait to hear and see it all through your eyes again.
I promise you, its a doozy and its double trouble because both Cynthia and I will be telling this story. Watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hey Mary Ellen, thanks for the heads up on the new TR! I'm totally on board for this one!
Tanz! You picked the perfect time to come back on the DIS boards. This trip was really fun because it was a crazy girl's trip AND it was during F&W. A fun combo - for sure!

Quote:
Love the name and that you met Poolrat Pat many times during the trip. Eek on the wait for the ME bus but you got some pretty pictures of the resorts.
Wait until you see how we came up with that name. Let's just say it involves yet another DISer!

Quote:
Looking forward to reading more!
Tanz
Once Christmas is behind me I am hoping to update a couple times a week, so stay tuned.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #29
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry I can't get to all the replies right now, but you know there's this little thing called.....work Sigh!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #30
burly
DIS Veteran

Hello girls, I'm in!
burly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: