Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #2131
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Madame Leota picture? AMAZING. Wow. I have camera envy.
Thank you, but that was seriously just good luck and perseverance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
And seeing MSEP as you're walking out, well it makes me a little misty. But in a good way.
Awwwww! I know what you mean. There's a lot at the MK that can make me misty at the drop of a hat, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Your Madame Leota pictures are super creepy!!!! But good.
I don't even try to take pics in it anymore as it is so dark but now you have inspired me!
They are creepy, aren't they? I feel pretty lucky that I was able to get those pics.

Me, inspire you? I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
OOooooo ... your Madame photo was amazing !!
Thank you! I just love that picture. I'm so psyched it turned out so well.

Quote:
Loving all of your night photos.
Thanks!

Quote:
Those chairs at the Boardwalk are really creepy.
I haven't met a DISer who doesn't think they are creepy? Very unique, but definitely creepy!

Quote:
Having another trip coming up is always a good reason to wrap up a trip report.

Susan
It sure is. Plus I want to do a combined HHI/do-over Disney trip. The HHI portion will be short, but I still want to write about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
There is something beyond creepy about those chairs at BW. Do you think CMs move them around on purpose????
Somebody moves them around on purpose. I am convinced! Just to add to the creepiness!

Quote:
Love your HM pics. The year before last we got stuck just before the exit (at night) and to this day I will swear the "hurry back" got progressively louder and more sinister!
I bet it did. I can just imagine that! Yikes! No thanks!

Quote:
Cannot believe I still haven't seen the reincarnated MSEP. Next time for sure!!!!
I am surprised you haven't seen it yet. Definitely put that on the top of your bucket list. Personally, I think its a really cute parade. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Oh my goodness, there's no way I can ride HM at night! I know inside its no different but walking up to it in the dark freaks me out! It's almost too creepy of a ride for me, I hate the attic scene. But fantastic pictures though
That's too funny that you won't ride at night. It is definitely creepier and I guess it is creepy going for dark to dark in stead of dark to light. I would like to ride it on Halloween someday. I bet its really creepy then.

Quote:
Tomorrowland Speedway is not worth waiting for solo, but I'm sure it's a different story when you're with kids who would have fun driving.
That's my thought exactly. Definitely not worth it to ride alone, but it would be fun to see the excitement of a little kid.

Quote:
Those CMs have too much fun moving those chairs around
I think you are right Pam! I have to admit - I was pretty freaked out to see Todd (or is that Paul) out that night.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #2132
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
My guess ... after looking through my pictures and ... That is Todd. Paul is faded or Paul is pale - That will have to be the way I remember it.
That's a great way to remember it. Pale Paul! Thanks Pat.

Pat Pale Paul. Oh brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Great pictures in the HM, it was always too dark for me to take pictures. Madame looked quite handsome, nice job getting the shot.
Thanks! As you know, I am super psyched about the shot. Score!

Quote:
Love to ride the Tea Cups, they are an iconic symbol to me of the MK. I remember watching World of Disney as a child & the show was about Disneyland. I so wanted to ride those tea cups, now I ride them solo, DH gets motion sickness!!
Good for you for going solo. I did it once and it was a lot of fun, but it was definitely not easy to get those things to spin.

Quote:
I hate the Turnpike ride, the stupid cars are very taxing to drive. The pedals are hard to push & the steering is certainly not powered! I rode with my GD & we couldn't keep from hitting the rails.

Good to no that it might be an exercise in frustrating. That definitely helps take it OFF my bucket list.

Rest of replies tomorrow.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #2133
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Paul.

I'm thinking Todd has the lighter, less colored eyes, and Paul has darker colors and forehead lines.
I took my pictures because like most "twins" they are not identical. However it is hard when you only see one to figure out which "one" it is.

Paul is indeed Pale Paul... I just find the feet creepy.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #2134
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

dup post.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #2135
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up after our short visit to Italy.

The Mme Leota pictures sure ARE creapy! you got in a lot of rides towards the end of your day! Awesome!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #2136
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Yeah, the feet. That's what makes them creepy.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #2137
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Is that Madame Leota? Those shots are uber creepy! And cool.
Yup - that's her. And thanks! I was so excited to get that shot where she really looks alive. Animatronics at its best!

Quote:
The MSEP is my favorite parade of all time and you got some good shots.
Thanks! I love that parade, too! I will never tire of it. That and the AK parade are my favs.

Quote:
Said goodbye to the castle. Bittersweet.
Always bittersweet, but hoping to see that castle again in just over two weeks!

Quote:
And as far as that puny thimble of wine, I don't know if anyone complains but we should. I'm sure Disney would totally care.
Yeah - like they would!

Quote:
I won't make fun of you in May for wearing a poncho because I may be wearing one too.

Right on! Then we can make Cynthia wear one too so we can be sissy triplets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Paul.

I'm thinking Todd has the lighter, less colored eyes, and Paul has darker colors and forehead lines.
The answer to the mystery lies on the next page courtesy of Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pictures!
Thanks! So glad you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
This made me chuckle, only because I would never study them that closely to know the difference! They are TOO creepy!!!!
That seems to be the general consensus - much too creepy to look at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Could not agree more.

See!

Quote:
I took my pictures because like most "twins" they are not identical. However it is hard when you only see one to figure out which "one" it is.

I remember you posted this before. I am going to have to put a link to this posting so I can always look back and remember. Paul is PALE! Even I should be able to memorize that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up after our short visit to Italy.
Welcome back! I wondered where you were off to this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The Mme Leota pictures sure ARE creapy! you got in a lot of rides towards the end of your day! Awesome!
They are, aren't they? I didn't realize she had so many expressions!

The end of my day was really fun! Seriously a great end to a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I guess the feet are pretty creepy. I don't like the arms because I envision them wrapping around a small child sitting in one of those chairs.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #2138
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just envision them tip toeing around.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #2139
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK between THAT and me envisioning them with arms that wrap around unsuspecting children, I am seriously freaked.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #2140
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

Hmmm... I guess that would explain the strange disappearance and reappearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK between THAT and me envisioning them with arms that wrap around unsuspecting children, I am seriously freaked.
The arms, the legs, the face, the skirt, the lion's mane or whatever that is... yeah, just a whole lot of creepy going on there.

Makes the clown seem warm and fuzzy.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #2141
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

The answer to the mystery lies on the next page courtesy of Pat!

I remember you posted this before. I am going to have to put a link to this posting so I can always look back and remember. Paul is PALE! Even I should be able to memorize that!

I guess the feet are pretty creepy. I don't like the arms because I envision them wrapping around a small child sitting in one of those chairs.
I really need to categorize my pictures. Took me a while to figure out where when I took them.

I have to make a alliteration reminder to help me. Either that or color code.

EWWWW the arms, every child I see sitting just sits on the edge just so they can get away fast if need be.

Last edited by Poolrat; 05-22-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #2142
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm... I guess that would explain the strange disappearance and reappearance.

The arms, the legs, the face, the skirt, the lion's mane or whatever that is... yeah, just a whole lot of creepy going on there.

Makes the clown seem warm and fuzzy.
I always thought they were flower petals and the face was the center.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #2143
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I hear you with TWINS are not identical

[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #2144
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Please, please, I beg you to move on from the creepy chair discussion! I fear that I will never be able to stay at Boardwalk and I really want to! Now that last set of comments made it even worse!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #2145
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Ahh, those HM pics are creeping me out! (I scare easily, what can I say? ) They're great!

Looks like you got a really nice MK mix on your last night! How perfect.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: