Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #2011
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #2012
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Beautiful prom pictures.

Love Momma duck and her ducklings...so very cute.

Great pictures around the Boardwalk...looking forward to our stay there in December.

Happy Mother's Day.

Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #2013
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Those prom pix are gorgeous !! Did you take them?? The girls just got their Senior year pix proofs , some really cute pix, they even took one of both of them!!Tomorrow we will figure out which package or if we want to go ala carte !!Those things are NOT cheap!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #2014
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I hope everyone has a great mother's day. I will try to get to replies later tonight, but I've got a pretty full day ahead of me!

Have a great one!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #2015
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Have a great Mother's Day with your family.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #2016
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day, Mary Ellen!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #2017
amazingact21
Upendi

Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks for sharing the prom pictures, they all look great. (My younger brother recently had his senior prom, and he and his date look so awkward in all their photos, so it's nice to see someone got some good shots.)

Those ducks look adorable! Oh, I would've sat and stared at them all afternoon...And I'm glad that all the little ones managed to make it out of the pool. Whenever you see a mama animal with her babies, there's usually always that one that lags behind. Ironically enough, when a wild cat had kittens by my house, I ended up taking the straggler because she was left out in the rain and now she's one of my fur babies of 4 years. I don't think you could've gotten away with that, though. Airport security might've had a word or two to say to you if you did..
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #2018
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Happy Mothers Day ladies

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #2019
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! I'm sorry for falling so far behind. Too much life, I tell you. And you don't have to respond to all my ramblings. I have to work in an order, otherwise I get confused. Hehehe.

Hahahaha. A sherpa that can't close their bag. That's hilarious. I stopped allowing people to let me be the sherpa.

VWL is one of the resorts that we've had ownership in the longest. And yet I've only stayed there once. Gotta change that for sure.

YES! The lack of storage in the bathroom is exactly the problem with having an accessible bathroom! I've gotten them twice in recent years. And I have a lot of bathroom products! Coffee table movement.....hmmm......

YAY! Drunk little cucumber!!!! The cucumber bits on the bottom soaked in margarita are the best part.

There is a connection with alcohol and food tasting different for sure. My brother used to tell me that all the time when he was a server. He said it's actually best, if you're not a wine drinker, to stick with water at meals because you'll taste everything.

Nice liquor store!

Correction. You were greeted by a deer butt......

Dumbotown! Haha. Cause seriously.....it is.

New Dumbo is short, isn't it? Man. You get all hyped up and then BAM! It's done.

I'm the opposite on trips. My photo documenting skills are excellent at first. And then they drop off along the way.

Haha. Cynthia, your aunt did what my parents constantly did to us, with trying to embarrass. Which is why my brother and I pass that on to the kids now. We torment them endlessly. Hehehe.

That was a great video tribute. Very touching.

I love the meet and greets at Storybook Circus. We didn't encounter lines there over Thanksgiving either.

Yes.....skinny girl wine tastes like crap.

The seminar sounds really cool. I always look at them when we go to F&W, but never end up booking anything.

Mmmm. F&W adventuring. My favorite kind.

Cynthia, you're not a dork doing research on the F&W items you want to try! I always do that before I go down.

Your home version of the sauce looks great!

Hahahahaha. A little too much imbibing, huh? Nice "doggy" pictures.

Soarin' FP mojo!

What a fun rest of the night you had. I love being with large groups of people. It's part of why I'm so looking forward to our summer trip.

Yes, that used to be Discovery Island. We used to go there all the time back in the day.

I'm so glad you were able to have that moment with Tracy. Even though your update didn't turn out how you wanted in the end, you were able to spend time with her.

That was definitely a big DISmeet. And pictures to prove it!

AWESOME! You guys were April, May, and June. I love it.

Nice fireworks pics! I haven't seen Hallowishes in years.

Cool that you did a preview to Enchanted Tales with Belle. We didn't do that over Thanksgiving because the line was just crazy.

All right! I'll do more catching up later, even though I know you've pretty much come to the end.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #2020
burly
DIS Veteran

Happy
Mothers
Day
All.
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #2021
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Just to let you know, my cooking yesterday was successful! I made ice cream from a 1750s cookbook, the strawberry ice cream was a big hit! The day was very exhausting, i came home had a drink & conked out. Oh blissful sleep!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #2022
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Hello ladies! I am finally caught up with your TR (I have just not had time or energy for DISing this past week at all.)

First, let me wish you both a Happy Mother's Day. Cynthia, I hope that you managed to eek a little bit of time for yourself with your family in all of your craziness and must do's today.

MEK I am SOOO Glad that you have a new job in the wind AND that your June trip is back on. I was so disappointed when I read it was looking cancelled.

You both have such great photos from Epcot for your last day. those kiosk foods look awesome. That Kerry gold / Irish plate looks just like the Fisherman's Lunch that is served at Granny McCarthy's tea room up by me. Its my hands down favorite.

I have no guesses on tee's - I have to go back and look at them all over. I've been popping on and off the boards today in between groceries, dinner, and putting together a gazebo on the deck. (yes, restful mother's day, right? )

MEK LOVE LOVE the prom pictures. Nick looks so very handsome, and his date's dress is amazing. love that layered look this year - so stylish and pretty. Glad to see that she picked something elegant.

Love the ducks ...so cute.
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #2023
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Glad I got to scroll through the pictures before heading off to school this morning.
Sweet prom pictures.
Cute ducks and duck story.
Love the resort pictures, of course.

Hope you had a very nice Mother's Day weekend!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #2024
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hopr everyone had a great mother's day !! Mine was great and busy!! Have a full day today as well!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #2025
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Thanks everyone for the lovely mothers day wishes, I hope you all had lovely days too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]

Before I get on with m next update I have to take yet another proud mama moment to show you some pictures from Nick's prom
Thanks for letting me share.
Just gorgeous and wow, Nick really does look like you! Kendall enjoyed checking out Nick's dates dress, it was fun actually at dinner after her soccer game we were looking at Nick's pictures, Patricia's Emily and a whole host of other girls and checking out the dresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You already know I hated saying goodbye to Cynthia. This was our second trip together as "creepy internet strangers turned friends" . We have the DIS boards to thank for that. Most times when you say good bye to your friends you know you will see them again soon. But DIS friends come from far and wide and Cynthia and I are about as geographically displaced as possible. So saying goodbye to Cynthia meant the likelihood of seeing her anytime soon is very small. I think that's what makes saying good-bye hard. But the good news is we have our eye on a girl's trip in May 2014. Hopefully that will come to fruition. I know once I activate my AP in June I will definitely be in for a May trip!

So I went back up to the room with Cynthia as she finished her last minute packing. I will say this - she is a much more efficient packer than I could ever hope to be. So efficient that I apparently never saw the T-shirts she post. She was packed in no time and spent her final moments fighting with the online check-in at Alaska Airlines. I walked her down to the ME stop just as a bus arrived and we said our final goodbyes (or see you not real sons).
Was it Nick or Brian that was calling it creepy?

I do look FAR too happy in that picture. Seems the wine at the kiosks and then the poolside cocktail momentarily were keeping my sadness at bay

Still though I was in a great mood. Even though I was leaving, I was relaxed, it has been a great trip and a great day and I wasn't feeling any of the "oh I didn't make it to xxx" frustrations that can happen at the end of a trip sometimes. Not to mention my mind was plotting adding on...which was already planned anyway...but the scope was changing for sure.

I'll be activating my PAP in Dec so will have to get at least one more trip on it...May works pretty darn well if you ask me!

I remember you texting me a picture of those ducks, SO cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Love the prom pics! Isn't it funny how our kids can go from being our babies to all grown up looking about the time they have those prom pictures taken?

Such a sad moment to have Cynthia leave.....

Ducklings are super cute!

The BW is amazing! I love all the pictures you got. I want to stay there some time... really really bad.

Love all your pictures!!!
I was sad that's for sure (despite how I look in the picture)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Mary Ellen: What a handsome couple for prom! Thank you for sharing those photos!!

I was totally rooting for the little duckie. How adorable.

The BW resort is so beautiful. Love your photo tour of not only BW but BC and the Crescent Lake area! It is just so scenic.

You looked lovely for your evening out and about.

Cynthia: You look way too happy to be leaving WDW!

Sorry about the knuckle-head co-worker and the associated stress.

Wishing you both a Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!!!
I do look way too happy, what is up with that? I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day as well Brenda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
[Cynthia - sorry to hear about your bad day, that co-worker sounds incredibly insecure. Hope it got better!

Mary Ellen - Beautiful prom pictures! Nick looks so sharp, and I just love his date's dress! It's so pretty! I bet you were camera happy that day!
I bet saying goodbye to a Dis friend from the other side of the country would be hard, I'm glad to hear you're thinking of a girls' trip next year! That always makes the goodbyes easier.
Those duckies are SO CUTE! I'm almost positive that a mother bird will not reject a baby like that. We found a baby sparrow in our yard once and we researched it. We put it back in the nest and all was good! Thanks for the compliment btw, but you did get some nice pictures of them! (On a related note, I'm thinking of giving some fun "photography 101" lessons in my PTR. Any thoughts?)
I enjoy your picture OCD because it allows me to enjoy all the resorts you visit! BWI is just gorgeous. So is BC for that matter!
Maybe it's insecurity, there is definitely paranoia so he may have baggage, I don't know. He is new to our company so too early to tell the root of it or how much of an issue it will really be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Thanks for the wine rescue! Got it home safe and sound thanks to you!!

The duck family is too cute!!

Great prom pics!

Saying goodbye to DIS friends at the end of a trip does stink. So happy to hear you are planning another trip!!

Cynthia- sorry for your bad day. Why do people have to be soooo annoying?

Hope you both have a great Mother's Day!!!!
Why do they have to be so annoying??? I don't know. Hopefully this week goes better with him, I'll know a lot more by EOD tomorrow....

It was very sad to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The prom pictures are great!! So cute.

So sad Cynthia had to leave early. Hopefully your May 2014 will work out!

OH MY GOODNESS... that duck story is the cutest thing ever! If I had been at that pool, I would have been the fourth person watching.

Your pictures of the Epcot resort area are so gorgeous! I just love that area. MUST STAY THERE.
I was sad to leave and hope May 2014 works out too! Only a year away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hi ladies! I'm sorry for falling so far behind. Too much life, I tell you. And you don't have to respond to all my ramblings. I have to work in an order, otherwise I get confused. Hehehe.
I know the feeling!

Quote:
Haha. Cynthia, your aunt did what my parents constantly did to us, with trying to embarrass. Which is why my brother and I pass that on to the kids now. We torment them endlessly. Hehehe.
Torture is important

Quote:
Cynthia, you're not a dork doing research on the F&W items you want to try! I always do that before I go down.

Your home version of the sauce looks great!

Hahahahaha. A little too much imbibing, huh? Nice "doggy" pictures.

Soarin' FP mojo!

What a fun rest of the night you had. I love being with large groups of people. It's part of why I'm so looking forward to our summer trip.
I don't think imbibing had a thing to do with our doggy picture...not sure what that says about Pat and myself but....

I'm really glad I tried the sauce at home, we've had it several times since.

Quote:
AWESOME! You guys were April, May, and June. I love it.

Nice fireworks pics! I haven't seen Hallowishes in years.
I'm very glad we dressed up, it was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Just to let you know, my cooking yesterday was successful! I made ice cream from a 1750s cookbook, the strawberry ice cream was a big hit! The day was very exhausting, i came home had a drink & conked out. Oh blissful sleep!
Yum! Hopefully you can recover today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Hello ladies! I am finally caught up with your TR (I have just not had time or energy for DISing this past week at all.)

First, let me wish you both a Happy Mother's Day. Cynthia, I hope that you managed to eek a little bit of time for yourself with your family in all of your craziness and must do's today.
Thanks Mary Ellen, we did get a very short hike/walk in which made me happy and there were lots of nice moments all day.

I am behind everywhere and need to get cracking on my TR if I want it wrapped up in 8 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I have no guesses on tee's - I have to go back and look at them all over. I've been popping on and off the boards today in between groceries, dinner, and putting together a gazebo on the deck. (yes, restful mother's day, right? )
Mine wasn't restful either but it was nice, I hope some of that was things you wanted to be doing (gazebo maybe?) the groceries and dinner part...not so much.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: