Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #1996
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

A good Mother's Day to you, also.

Love those lobby shots & I want that carrousel. The decor there is very special.

The mother duck won't abandon her ducklings if a human touches it, the same goes for other bird species & animals.

I will be spending my weekend doing a hearth cooking demo. Wish me luck, I always worry something wont turn out, but it usually does.

Your son looked very handsome, his date's dress was very nice. I like the sheer skirt over the sequins. They do wear dresses pretty low cut these days! LOL
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #1997
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,380

Nice prom pics! Were they getting tired of posing for you? Nick must have warned her how you like to take pictures! I love how you have the back of her dress and hair.

I love all the pictures of the BW and BC areas!
Funny about the duck family and you watching with others. I've heard that about animals too, but I guess it's not always the case.

Hope you all have a nice Mother's Day!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #1998
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,962

Mary Ellen: What a handsome couple for prom! Thank you for sharing those photos!!

I was totally rooting for the little duckie. How adorable.

The BW resort is so beautiful. Love your photo tour of not only BW but BC and the Crescent Lake area! It is just so scenic.

You looked lovely for your evening out and about.

Cynthia: You look way too happy to be leaving WDW!

Sorry about the knuckle-head co-worker and the associated stress.

Wishing you both a Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #1999
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Ahhhhh ..... a girls trip. Some day. We are still at that place where we CAN leave the kids for a couple of hours. But I just don't WANT to. DH wanted to do a wine getaway this weekend with his son and his son's wife. But we couldn't find anyone to stay with the kids. But sometime all too soon, we will be able to get away by ourselves.

I loved your son's prom photos. He has your nose and your smile. It is is fun to see families together in photos. You see so many similarities.

I am married to a man who had a family before me. Fortunately, we all have a very good relationship with his older children. My younger children adore their older brother and sister and I believe they in turn adore their younger siblings. When we all get together, it is fun to see all of the genetic similarities they have. My son, stepson and husband all have this same facial expression when they eat. A little wink and mouth twitch I find very endearing. It never ceases to make me smile.

His daughter and my daughter have the exact same dimples. It is so fun to watch them all together.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 AM   #2000
micandminforever
DIS Veteran
 
micandminforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Small Town, N.W. Ga.
Posts: 2,150

The prom pictures are beautiful.
__________________
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #2001
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Love the prom pics! Isn't it funny how our kids can go from being our babies to all grown up looking about the time they have those prom pictures taken?
They do look so mature by the time prom rolls around. He went to prom with the same girl last year, so its great that I have those pictures for comparison. I absolutely love having my boys prom pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Such a sad moment to have Cynthia leave.....
She looks really happy, but it was really sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Ducklings are super cute!
That was definitely one of my trip highlights. It was just so unexpected and mother nature at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
The BW is amazing! I love all the pictures you got. I want to stay there some time... really really bad.
Thanks and I don't blame you. It's really an amazing resort. Right now I think its on the top of my list. I just love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Love all your pictures!!!
Thank you! I have at least two more updates full of pictures. I went a little picture crazy after Cynthia left.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Lovely update. Ducks were super cute!!!
Thanks. OMG - those tiny baby ducks were SO precious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
As far as the tees, I have no clue. Not even a good guess.
I was there and I barely have a good guess, but I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Happy Mother's Day! (And what sweet prom pictures. )
Thanks! Same to You! And thanks on the prom pictures, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
A good Mother's Day to you, also.
Thanks Doris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Love those lobby shots & I want that carrousel. The decor there is very special.
It is very special. I think they did a phenomenal job. I know I have said this many times, but the decor totally hits home with me because of all the time I spent at the Jersey shore as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The mother duck won't abandon her ducklings if a human touches it, the same goes for other bird species & animals.
I was kind of skeptical of that claim, so thanks for clarifying. But I am glad that little duck finally got out of the water on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I will be spending my weekend doing a hearth cooking demo. Wish me luck, I always worry something wont turn out, but it usually does.
Good Luck! I hope everything goes perfect ally. I am positive it will. Please report back and let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Your son looked very handsome, his date's dress was very nice. I like the sheer skirt over the sequins. They do wear dresses pretty low cut these days! LOL
Thanks! Yes - her dress was beautiful and YES - the dresses they wear are SO adult. It wasn't like that at all when I went to prom. Last year's dress was so low cut that she had to have the seamstress put a special patch of material there. I think they would have suspended her for that dress otherwise.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #2002
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,539

[Cynthia - sorry to hear about your bad day, that co-worker sounds incredibly insecure. Hope it got better!

Mary Ellen - Beautiful prom pictures! Nick looks so sharp, and I just love his date's dress! It's so pretty! I bet you were camera happy that day!
I bet saying goodbye to a Dis friend from the other side of the country would be hard, I'm glad to hear you're thinking of a girls' trip next year! That always makes the goodbyes easier.
Those duckies are SO CUTE! I'm almost positive that a mother bird will not reject a baby like that. We found a baby sparrow in our yard once and we researched it. We put it back in the nest and all was good! Thanks for the compliment btw, but you did get some nice pictures of them! (On a related note, I'm thinking of giving some fun "photography 101" lessons in my PTR. Any thoughts?)
I enjoy your picture OCD because it allows me to enjoy all the resorts you visit! BWI is just gorgeous. So is BC for that matter!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #2003
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Nice prom pics! Were they getting tired of posing for you? Nick must have warned her how you like to take pictures! I love how you have the back of her dress and hair.
I had to have the back of the dress and her hair. I even took a picture of her shoes, but it didn't turn out all that well.

Her dad and grand-dad came to my house to take pictures, too! Believe me, they were every bit as bad as me. It was like having paparazzi! We were all vying for the best position. It was too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I love all the pictures of the BW and BC areas!
Thanks! I just love that area. I can't wait to stay there again. Still checking every day for my October wait list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Funny about the duck family and you watching with others. I've heard that about animals too, but I guess it's not always the case.
Fortunately, Doris cleared up that myth. Those little ducklings were so entertaining. I just couldn't believe how cute they were and this literally had to be one of their ventures into the pool. Precious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hope you all have a nice Mother's Day!!
Thanks, you too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Mary Ellen: What a handsome couple for prom! Thank you for sharing those photos!!
Your welcome and thank you! I will say that once I got this camera I started being more serious about taking prom pictures and I know I will always be grateful to look back and have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I was totally rooting for the little duckie. How adorable.
That's exactly what we were doing. Literally rooting for that little guy to get out of the pool. I was so relieved when he finally did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
The BW resort is so beautiful. Love your photo tour of not only BW but BC and the Crescent Lake area! It is just so scenic.
It's a gorgeous area and it was particularly beautiful during a late October evening. I could have sat on the white sand beach all evening, but I had more F&W to conquer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
You looked lovely for your evening out and about.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Cynthia: You look way too happy to be leaving WDW!
She does, doesn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Sorry about the knuckle-head co-worker and the associated stress.
Don't we all have a knuckle-head coworker? Seriously, they can really wreck a work day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Wishing you both a Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!!!
Thanks. Same to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Ahhhhh ..... a girls trip. Some day. We are still at that place where we CAN leave the kids for a couple of hours. But I just don't WANT to. DH wanted to do a wine getaway this weekend with his son and his son's wife. But we couldn't find anyone to stay with the kids. But sometime all too soon, we will be able to get away by ourselves.
I remember all too well those days. Trust me - you are almost there. I remember thinking I would never get to travel again sans kids. But it does happen. And its good when it happens because you have already shared so many wonderful vacations with your kids. I remember one 4 night trip to Disney world that Denny and I planned and we had NO ONE to watch the kids. Luckily I was able to get a coworker to come stay in my house for a few nights. It worked out so perfect. They ended up thinking this girl was so cool.

A wine weekend sounds wonderful. I hope you get another occasion soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I loved your son's prom photos. He has your nose and your smile. It is is fun to see families together in photos. You see so many similarities.
Thanks! My older son looks exactly like Denny, so Nick and I definitely share more similarities. Funny thing is - I think my nose is actually getting bigger. It didn't always look like his, but now it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I am married to a man who had a family before me. Fortunately, we all have a very good relationship with his older children. My younger children adore their older brother and sister and I believe they in turn adore their younger siblings. When we all get together, it is fun to see all of the genetic similarities they have. My son, stepson and husband all have this same facial expression when they eat. A little wink and mouth twitch I find very endearing. It never ceases to make me smile.
How neat is that? As you said, it really is endearing to see those little quirks that are a product of genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
His daughter and my daughter have the exact same dimples. It is so fun to watch them all together.
That is so cute. It must be great when you all get together. I do think its interesting how the dad's genes seem to be just a little bit more dominant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
The prom pictures are beautiful.
Thank you!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #2004
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
[Cynthia - sorry to hear about your bad day, that co-worker sounds incredibly insecure. Hope it got better!
Insecure is the exact word to describe it. Anyone high maintenance has to have insecurity as the basis of their personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Mary Ellen - Beautiful prom pictures! Nick looks so sharp, and I just love his date's dress! It's so pretty! I bet you were camera happy that day!
Thank you! I was a little camera happy, but I actually wasn't feeling that great that afternoon so the last thing I felt like doing was having people over and taking pictures. His date's dad and grand dad (who is the upper school art teacher at their school) were also taking tons of pictures. It was comical how we were all just shooting away. Her dress really was stunning.



Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I bet saying goodbye to a Dis friend from the other side of the country would be hard, I'm glad to hear you're thinking of a girls' trip next year! That always makes the goodbyes easier.
At the time we hadn't discussed a repeat trip, but I was hoping that we would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Those duckies are SO CUTE! I'm almost positive that a mother bird will not reject a baby like that. We found a baby sparrow in our yard once and we researched it. We put it back in the nest and all was good!
How sweet. I figured that was a myth, but at the time I just couldn't possibly envision reaching out and touching that little duck. OMG he was cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Thanks for the compliment btw, but you did get some nice pictures of them! (On a related note, I'm thinking of giving some fun "photography 101" lessons in my PTR. Any thoughts?)
Oh you should!!!!!!

My thoughts -

1. Pets! You do such a wonderful job with pets. My pet pictures always looks so one dimensional and pets move just when you think you have the perfect shot.

2. Indoor portraits - getting the best lighting

3. Fireworks - of course

4. Depth of field - how to get it.

5. A basic overview of using your manual camera settings.

There, is that enough for you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I enjoy your picture OCD because it allows me to enjoy all the resorts you visit! BWI is just gorgeous. So is BC for that matter!
It is so beautiful over there. I hope someday you get a chance to stay there. I honestly didn't know whether I would like those resorts when I finally got a chance to stay there. But actually being there was so perfect. I love that there are so many wonderful resorts at Disney and they are all fabulous to stay at.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #2005
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thank you! I was a little camera happy, but I actually wasn't feeling that great that afternoon so the last thing I felt like doing was having people over and taking pictures. His date's dad and grand dad (who is the upper school art teacher at their school) were also taking tons of pictures. It was comical how we were all just shooting away. Her dress really was stunning.
Aww sorry to hear that you weren't feeling very well. Thinking back to my own prom, I wish it had been in the digital age instead of the weird in between stage, hahaha I have hardly any pictures!
Oh you should!!!!!!

My thoughts -

1. Pets! You do such a wonderful job with pets. My pet pictures always looks so one dimensional and pets move just when you think you have the perfect shot.

2. Indoor portraits - getting the best lighting

3. Fireworks - of course

4. Depth of field - how to get it.

5. A basic overview of using your manual camera settings.

There, is that enough for you??
Yep, that sounds like some great ideas! I think this could be kind of fun!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #2006
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

Thanks for the wine rescue! Got it home safe and sound thanks to you!!

The duck family is too cute!!

Great prom pics!

Saying goodbye to DIS friends at the end of a trip does stink. So happy to hear you are planning another trip!!

Cynthia- sorry for your bad day. Why do people have to be soooo annoying?

Hope you both have a great Mother's Day!!!!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #2008
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,689

Wonderful prom pics. They look lovely. is that his girlfirend? or just a friend?

Great Beach club shots.

And the ducks,......I would have been snapping away too. They are just too cute.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #2009
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,633

Beautiful prom pics. They've been together a while now right?

Those duck pictures are just precious! You have to watch this video, it makes me cry every time http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqWC3Cpny8

Love the resort pictures. BWV is one mom has no desire to try so I'm going to have to save that for a solo trip, it looks fantastic though.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #2010
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

The prom pictures are great!! So cute.

So sad Cynthia had to leave early. Hopefully your May 2014 will work out!

OH MY GOODNESS... that duck story is the cutest thing ever! If I had been at that pool, I would have been the fourth person watching.

Your pictures of the Epcot resort area are so gorgeous! I just love that area. MUST STAY THERE.
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: