Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #1951
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Aww, Cynthia had to go home! BOO!

I'm going to guess on the t-shirts:

Eric - 1) black space mountain - I thought this was his favorite ride
2) Aerosmith RNR with blue guitar

Evan - 1) ToT black with dropping elevator
2) pull my fender - Mater - just that type of humor he'd probably appreciate

Jeff - Beers around the world
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #1952
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Trying to catch up!!!

First off, Mary Ellen- congrats on the new job. I hope all is going along as expected. July 1 start still?

I think I left off just before Cynthia was entering Bear territory. I can honestly say that your pictures from the show are the best I have seen in a long time. Were there many people in the theatre? I think I last saw the bears with the boys back in 2004, but like you, it is a nostalgic attraction from visits of long ago.

The final pictures of you as you are leaving MK are awesome!!! So nice of the pumpkins to coordinate with what you were wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Check this out. I can't believe this is from my iPhone

Wow!!! Love the colors in the top picture.

The one of ToT is awesome too.

Your PP pictures during your run really did come out great. It is fun to have some pictures that are a little different from the usual. I have a couple of pictures of me as a drowned rat during the class trip and it really captured the spirit of that night (and trip)

Spaceship Earth is always a great time. We spend a lot of time (at our 11 year old son's insistence) rating EVERYTHING at Disney World- rides, restaurants, snacks, lands- and I think SSE tops everything else in EPCOT for me. My favorite experience in my favorite park.

Now that they have the "Choose your Future" experience, the kids think it is a blast too. Your future pictures are great.

I'm caught up to the reunion between you and Cynthia, so now I need to read on.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #1953
MEK
DIS Veteran

Eric

(1)

(2)

The one on the left.

Now I have to do E #2, but that will have to wait for tomorrow.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:23 AM   #1954
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Cynthia: Argh for the luggage and check in difficulty! At least if you have to leave, you can spend the last hour or two relaxing by the pool with "George". He actually reminds me of Curly from the Three Stooges!

I remember reading about your DVC saga in your current TR (you signed your contract in CA?) How exciting to go back in December. In a 2 Bedroom! Emmy and I will be at BWI in December as well, just earlier in the month - our first holiday trip to WDW!

It is good to have a favorite airport bar/snack place. Speaking as a guac lover I may need to check out your place. (And the name is...? ) I need to pick a new favorite because Cinnabon isn't exactly health food and the amount of running I have to do to get over the guilt doesn't exactly work for me!

Although all good things appear to come to an end.. better things are in the wings to take their place. So with that I wish you a ton of fun in Hawaii!!!

BTW: Happy birthday to Mary Ellen! (It is still officially your birthday here on the West Coast!)
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #1955
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
All good things must come to an end.

I really don't like that saying. Why do they? Why should they? I don't like to think of endings, I prefer to think of new beginnings and next time. Or, until we meet again.
[/I]
I like this. I like the way you think. Why DO good things have to come to an end anyway?
I'm assuming the clown is less scary in person then, because in pictures he still creeps the heck out of me.
Ugh, sorry to hear about the luggage checking issues.
I can't believe it's over! Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I enjoyed reading about it all. I'm going to come back later and guess t-shirts, I'm running late for work now!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #1956
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:

I really don't like that saying. Why do they? Why should they?
I agree!

Quote:
But since I leave for Aulani in TWO WEEKS I need to wrap things up here, and over on my other TR so...WAH...here I go!
And that bit about Aulani is the main point here. No pity party for Cynthia.

Quote:
And then...the NOT SO CREEPY Clown!
I still say it is ugly, I don't care how creepy or innocent it might look.

What is up with the eyes anyway???

Quote:
I should have worked on the plane. I had my laptop for that very reason. I did work. Just not the way I'd planned. Instead of "work work" I did Cynthia work. Which meant bee in the bonnet spreadsheet crunching.

Crunching what you ask?

The cost difference to add on at BWV instead of SSR like I'd planned.
Well, I'd say you had your priorities right!

Ok... I'm going to guess on the T-shirts, but I haven't read enough of your older TR's to know the E's all that well yet. Based on the criteria you established though, I'll take a stab at it.

Eric
Black ToT shirt with the falling elevator - Great ride, great shirt and it is funny.
Periodic Table of Pirates - Everybody likes that ride and it has humor that takes a little bit of thinking. It seems like that type of thing would actually fit both E's. I almost put this for Evan, but there seemed to be a glut of humorous shirts.

Evan
Who Backfired - He wants funny shirts. Who doesn't like/get this humor?
I'm Chillin with my Homedroids: Again, kind of like the Pirates shirt, I can see either of them liking this one, and I could just as easily put it under Eric.

Jeff
Brews around the World. I know you had to have purchased a shirt for him and this is the best of the bunch.

Let me just be honest here. Like I said, I have no idea specifically which shirts each of the E's would prefer. I just kind of went with the ones I liked the best.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #1957
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

I really don't like that saying. Why do they? Why should they?
I agree. Don't all bad things come to an end too? "Nothing lasts forever" sums it up better.

Quote:
And then...the NOT SO CREEPY Clown!
Nope...still creepy. I saw Poltergeist; you're not fooling me.

Quote:
I should have worked on the plane. I had my laptop for that very reason. I did work. Just not the way I'd planned. Instead of "work work" I did Cynthia work. Which meant bee in the bonnet spreadsheet crunching.

Crunching what you ask?

The cost difference to add on at BWV instead of SSR like I'd planned.
Everyone has priorities!

I'm always amazed at those security lines in Orlando's airport. There has to be a better way.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #1958
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

T-shirt guesses:

Eric (favorite rides)...
1. Space Mountain (gray shirt listing him as commander or whatever it was). Because boys like to think of themselves that way.
2. Black ToT shirt with the elevator falling off the end. Because it combines the ride and being funny.

Evan (funny ones):
1. Please stand clear of my vacation shirt. Has the added benefit of a monorail.
2. Pull my fender Mater shirt. Because, like Andy said, who doesn't laugh at this stuff?

I also agree with Andy that you got Jeff the Beers Around the World shirt.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #1959
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm sneaking this in at work so need to come back later to look at the shirts so I can enjoy them.

Congratulations on the add-on!!!! That's so exciting!!!!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #1960
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute shirts!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #1961
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

There's so many wonderful shirts I can't choose. I pretty much like all the ones from DHS.

The link for the AK ones go to Epcot. I can't remember which shirts you showed us from AK.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #1962
MEK
DIS Veteran

I tried to do some replies on a work computer today and *bam* the Internet explorer closed. Ugh. I hate that. Maybe tonight. Grrrrr.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #1963
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have told the kids they have to call the wedding off as they are really messing up my DIS time.
And I'm sure they listened, right?

Quote:
Great updates, ladies.
Thanks!!!!!

Quote:
Cynthia, I agree...I prefer to look at it as "until we meet again" as I hate goodbyes.
I do like that a lot better, but I still hated saying goodbye to Cynthia. It was sad.

Quote:
And I'm sorry...it's still a scary clown pool.
You should pool hop this summer and she what you think. I thought the same thing so I was pretty darn surprised when I discovered that clown wasn't so scary after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Aww, Cynthia had to go home! BOO!

I'm going to guess on the t-shirts:

Eric - 1) black space mountain - I thought this was his favorite ride
2) Aerosmith RNR with blue guitar

Evan - 1) ToT black with dropping elevator
2) pull my fender - Mater - just that type of humor he'd probably appreciate

Jeff - Beers around the world
I have to vote for Jeff, too! Well, beers around the world definitely sounds like a winner. I thought about that one for Denny but actually ended up getting the other one.

[QUOTE=natebenma;48331535]Trying to catch up!!!

First off, Mary Ellen- congrats on the new job. I hope all is going along as expected. July 1 start still?

[QUOTE=natebenma;48331535]I think I left off just before Cynthia was entering Bear territory. I can honestly say that your pictures from the show are the best I have seen in a long time. Were there many people in the theatre? I think I last saw the bears with the boys back in 2004, but like you, it is a nostalgic attraction from visits of long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
The final pictures of you as you are leaving MK are awesome!!! So nice of the pumpkins to coordinate with what you were wearing.
It was nice of those pumpkins to cooperate with her, wasn't it? I do love those pictures. I think they are great.

Quote:
Wow!!! Love the colors in the top picture.

Thanks!

Quote:
The one of ToT is awesome too.
Thanks again! I love that pic, too. I think the clouds look pretty cool in that picture.

Quote:
Your PP pictures during your run really did come out great. It is fun to have some pictures that are a little different from the usual. I have a couple of pictures of me as a drowned rat during the class trip and it really captured the spirit of that night (and trip)
Yeah - those pictures certainly are different, aren't they? I don't think I'll be posing for a PP photographer again in my running clothes.

I remember your drowned rat pictures. They were pretty unique, too and I give you props for taking those pictures!

Quote:
Spaceship Earth is always a great time. We spend a lot of time (at our 11 year old son's insistence) rating EVERYTHING at Disney World- rides, restaurants, snacks, lands- and I think SSE tops everything else in EPCOT for me. My favorite experience in my favorite park.
Spaceship Earth is just so perfect in so many ways. It's got that educational vibe, its got that sense of anticipation, and it really captures some important moments in the history of mankind. Love it.

Quote:
Now that they have the "Choose your Future" experience, the kids think it is a blast too. Your future pictures are great.
Thanks. I usually pick the same future each time, but this time I tried to mix it up a bit.

Quote:
I'm caught up to the reunion between you and Cynthia, so now I need to read on.
Next you get to the goodbyes, but stay tuned because I have a whole Disney evening in front of me.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #1964
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Cynthia: Argh for the luggage and check in difficulty! At least if you have to leave, you can spend the last hour or two relaxing by the pool with "George". He actually reminds me of Curly from the Three Stooges!
OMG - he DOES! I never noticed that before but I think you are absolutely right! Too, too funny!

Quote:
I remember reading about your DVC saga in your current TR (you signed your contract in CA?) How exciting to go back in December. In a 2 Bedroom! Emmy and I will be at BWI in December as well, just earlier in the month - our first holiday trip to WDW!
I would love to stay there in a 2BR. I home you and Emmy love it there. I think its such an awesome resort. Right now I rank it as my #1 DVC resort and every day I say a little prayer hoping that my October waitlist comes through. It's such a great place.

Quote:
It is good to have a favorite airport bar/snack place. Speaking as a guac lover I may need to check out your place. (And the name is...? ) I need to pick a new favorite because Cinnabon isn't exactly health food and the amount of running I have to do to get over the guilt doesn't exactly work for me!
I'm not sure where it is either because I usually fly out of the opposite terminal (A I think) and Cynthia flies from B. Or is it the opposite? Who knows. But that guac looks good.

Quote:
Although all good things appear to come to an end.. better things are in the wings to take their place. So with that I wish you a ton of fun in Hawaii!!!
I have been following a TR and Hawaii looks absolutely amazing! I'm sure she will have a fabulous time!

Quote:
BTW: Happy birthday to Mary Ellen! (It is still officially your birthday here on the West Coast!)
I laughed when I read this this morning. It's great to know you get an extra three hours of birthday out on the west coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I like this. I like the way you think. Why DO good things have to come to an end anyway?
Good question!

Quote:
I'm assuming the clown is less scary in person then, because in pictures he still creeps the heck out of me.
Far less creepy and scary. I know its hard to believe, but its true.

Quote:
Ugh, sorry to hear about the luggage checking issues.
I do remember she had to try to check in a couple times with no luck.

Quote:
I can't believe it's over! Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I enjoyed reading about it all. I'm going to come back later and guess t-shirts, I'm running late for work now!
That reminds me. I still have a T shirt to guess.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #1965
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I agree!

And that bit about Aulani is the main point here. No pity party for Cynthia.

I still say it is ugly, I don't care how creepy or innocent it might look.

What is up with the eyes anyway???

Well, I'd say you had your priorities right!

Ok... I'm going to guess on the T-shirts, but I haven't read enough of your older TR's to know the E's all that well yet. Based on the criteria you established though, I'll take a stab at it.

Eric
Black ToT shirt with the falling elevator - Great ride, great shirt and it is funny.
Periodic Table of Pirates - Everybody likes that ride and it has humor that takes a little bit of thinking. It seems like that type of thing would actually fit both E's. I almost put this for Evan, but there seemed to be a glut of humorous shirts.

Evan
Who Backfired - He wants funny shirts. Who doesn't like/get this humor?
I'm Chillin with my Homedroids: Again, kind of like the Pirates shirt, I can see either of them liking this one, and I could just as easily put it under Eric.

Jeff
Brews around the World. I know you had to have purchased a shirt for him and this is the best of the bunch.

Let me just be honest here. Like I said, I have no idea specifically which shirts each of the E's would prefer. I just kind of went with the ones I liked the best.

I like you T shirt picks. I'm going with what I like best, too. I'm sure Cynthia will be along soon to respond to all your individual comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I agree. Don't all bad things come to an end too? "Nothing lasts forever" sums it up better.

Nope...still creepy. I saw Poltergeist; you're not fooling me.

Everyone has priorities!

I'm always amazed at those security lines in Orlando's airport. There has to be a better way.
I just noticed the Poltergeist comment tonight. OMG!!!!!! Too freaking funny!

All I can say to all the naysayers is you just have to experience the clown up close and personal. Your opinion could change. Mine sure did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
T-shirt guesses:

Eric (favorite rides)...
1. Space Mountain (gray shirt listing him as commander or whatever it was). Because boys like to think of themselves that way.
2. Black ToT shirt with the elevator falling off the end. Because it combines the ride and being funny.

Evan (funny ones):
1. Please stand clear of my vacation shirt. Has the added benefit of a monorail.
2. Pull my fender Mater shirt. Because, like Andy said, who doesn't laugh at this stuff?

I also agree with Andy that you got Jeff the Beers Around the World shirt.
I really like how you men really analyze your choices. I'm impressed with the thought you put into it. I just went "eenie, meanie, my-nie, mow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm sneaking this in at work so need to come back later to look at the shirts so I can enjoy them.

Congratulations on the add-on!!!! That's so exciting!!!!!!
Pam - sneaking this in at work? I like that.

I know Cynthia was thrilled with her add-on. Who wouldn't be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Cute shirts!

Cynthia has made it easier for many DISers to pick out their next T-shirt right from the comfort of their home. Thank you Cynthia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
There's so many wonderful shirts I can't choose. I pretty much like all the ones from DHS.

The link for the AK ones go to Epcot. I can't remember which shirts you showed us from AK.
That's right. Hopefully Cynthia will fix that because I am too lazy to go back to that update.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: