Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #1936
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It was really good but I imagine that ravioli was twice as filling.
It was VERY filling!

Quote:
You did, we both had it I think. Either that or we shared but I don't think so...
It was really good. I totally enjoyed it.

Quote:
I always think the Epcot Mary has something magical about her, I adore watching her interactions.
She does. She really does!

Quote:
and YAY for picking me!

Like there was any doubt!

Quote:
We debated the slide for sure, it looked fun but I didn't want to get on a plane all chlorinated and really didn't have time to rinse...maximizing the sun time was far more important. He wasn't creepy at all, it was amazing. I loved the entire vibe of that pool, absolutely loved it. Surprisingly so.

I didn't have the chlorine concern, so I must have simply chickened out.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the pool considering I had tried so hard to avoid it in June and again in October. Not really sure why I was avoiding it all that time?

Quote:
Wow, I don't know if I knew that.
I'm not sure where you were when she texted me. I didn't think that much of it at the time, but now when I think about it it makes me sad.

Quote:
GORGEOUS HH pics. I really wish I could get Jeff into the idea of checking it out someday.

It's such a cool resort. I just love it there. I am glad its so geographically accessible for me. It definitely makes it a "go-to" place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm lovin' those Hilton Head pictures MEK. We'll have to get there one of these days. I need more points!
We all need more points Glen!!!!!!! I hear you on that! It is a great resort. I hope you get a chance to visit! It's totally worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thanks for the info! It is high on our wish list of places to go. Flying from WA though... air fare into either is going to be a bit more tricky than going to FL. I don't mind fare staking though... so I will have to keep an eye on fares into those two places.
I know airfare there from Philadelphia or Baltimore is higher than flying to Florida, so I understand the challenge. Both Charleston and Savannah are such great cities and both are fun to visit, so flying into either place would be a win-win.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #1937
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Totally perfect for a couple. There are a lot of activities at the resort and a ton of great dining options near the resort. Plus the next town across the inter coastal - Bluffton - is really neat. They have a market every Thursday afternoon where they just set up booths down one of the main streets. Performers are outside and there are restaurants and antique shops right there. It was pretty cool. I didn't post those pictures yet. I have to do a whole report I think.
Sounds great. Now I just need the points to use there. :

Quote:
That makes me wonder - Did we both have the cheese plate? Did she have the cheese plate only? Did I actually eat the cheese plate? Hmmmmm - I thought I did? I need to find that darn pass port. My memory is terrible!
Looks like you both may have had a cheese plate.

Quote:
You did, we both had it I think. Either that or we shared but I don't think so...

The cheese plate.... on the left side - another cheese plate??? I think you each had one.
Thats my Judy spotting skills right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm lovin' those Hilton Head pictures MEK. We'll have to get there one of these days. I need more points!
Yeah - Me too!!!! I feel like I am always borrowing.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #1938
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Boo for Cynthia's last day!
Yay for some pool time and more F&W - who doesn't love cheese? Now I'm craving some.

Love the HHI pics! What building were you in? Looks like it was near where we were.
Mndisneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #1939
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

So very sad to see you go, Cynthia. How sweet of you, Mary Ellen, to give up Soarin' for more time with your DISfriend!

Those HHI pix make me long for a trip there someday!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #1940
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hm, I thought I had commented on the HHI post, but somehow I can't see that post, so maybe I did not.

Just wanted to say that you are such a good friend to give up Soarin for Cynthia.
I just loved to see the HHI photos. Not very likely we will go there any time soon, so this is MY way of visiting. Thanks for sharing.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #1941
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Looks like you both may have had a cheese plate.

The cheese plate.... on the left side - another cheese plate??? I think you each had one.
Thats my Judy spotting skills right there.
Pat! The Cheese spotter!

Or really the Kerrygold butter wrapper spotter. I can tell you this... it is highly unlikely I'd have wanted to share mine....I'm a cheese junkie.

Quote:
you mean there are people who aren't always borrowing

jeesh...I'm almost out of 2014 and what is left is spoken for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Yay for some pool time and more F&W - who doesn't love cheese? Now I'm craving some.
Major boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
So very sad to see you go, Cynthia. How sweet of you, Mary Ellen, to give up Soarin' for more time with your DISfriend!
Kathy
She is a good DISfriend that's for sure. I was very sad to be leaving too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

Just wanted to say that you are such a good friend to give up Soarin for Cynthia.
Yes she is!

Quote:
I didn't have the chlorine concern, so I must have simply chickened out.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the pool considering I had tried so hard to avoid it in June and again in October. Not really sure why I was avoiding it all that time?
Well you totally took one for the team as I know it was my call to go to the clown pool and I know it was not your first, or second choice. I definitely played the "it's closest" card

But I'd gotten such a great vibe from it from our balcony I was dying to visit it. I'd actually put the villa pool as my least favorite of the three.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #1942
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds great. Now I just need the points to use there. :

I hear ya sister. You basically have to give up a trip to stay there. When our friends decided to go it made my point usage go up by 2.5 X, but when I extended the stay I booked on cash and we split it. Much more affordable that way.

Quote:
Looks like you both may have had a cheese plate. :
Thank you for clarifying both our memories.

Quote:

Thats my Judy spotting skills right there. :
Darn. You're good! And I am glad you are putting those Judy spotting skills to good use.

Quote:

Borrowing......always borrowing.....(said in my best Roz voice from Monsters Inc.)

Why do you think we are staying entirely offsite in June, Because we would have had to borrow even more points than we already have. It would have ended up leaving us to less than 2/3rds of our total. When I suggesting just borrowing for two nights Denny said no. We need a year of just using studios and not inviting other couples and then we will be caught up.

Quote:
Yay for some pool time and more F&W - who doesn't love cheese? Now I'm craving some..
Boo is right for Cynthia's last day. I hated to see her go.

I actually got double pool time that day because I went back to the inn pool after she left.

Quote:
who doesn't love cheese? Now I'm craving some..
Seriously, just WHO doesn't love cheese???????

Quote:
Love the HHI pics! What building were you in? Looks like it was near where we were.

We were in building 17. Last time I was in building 22, whichhad a better marsh view and was super close to the pool.

Building 17 had a decent view and it was super close to the parking lot. I think it was so nice that they gave use a choice of buildings. I really appreciated that.

It was so funny because I kept going to the wrong building whenever I came back from the pool. I would walk past 22 and make a sharp right and ended up at building that faced the same direction as 17. One time I literally walked right up the steps, put my card in, and wondered why I couldn't get the dorr to open. Really?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #1943
amazingact21
Upendi

Both great updates! Cynthia, I think enjoying the F&W Festival one last time was a great way to bring the Disney trip to a close. Especially since all your choices looked and sound delicious! I'm adding that dish from Canada to my "must try one day" list.

It's hard to pass up a Soarin' FP, Mary Ellen, but I think in this case relaxing by the pool and visiting was a good choice.
Your HHI pictures are great, and I'm glad you were able to extend your stay and get the opportunity to enjoy your time there a little bit.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #1944
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great updates last day is never easy, at least you were leaving late Cynthia I didn't miss the tshirt reveal did I?

You guys tried so many delicious looking goodies

Love the HHI pictures Mary Ellen. I'm still trying to figure out when I can get there. Might have to squeeze in another long weekend trip next year.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #1945
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Both great updates! Cynthia, I think enjoying the F&W Festival one last time was a great way to bring the Disney trip to a close. Especially since all your choices looked and sound delicious! I'm adding that dish from Canada to my "must try one day" list.
It was SO yummy, I highly reccomend it. It was a lovely way to close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great updates last day is never easy, at least you were leaving late Cynthia I didn't miss the tshirt reveal did I?

there was not a shortage of food on this trip, that's for sure

No, you didn't miss the reveal.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1946
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will always choose Cynthia over Soarin! I was very sad to see her go.

Quote:
Those HHI pix make me long for a trip there someday!

Kathy
It is such a great resort and such an awesome island. I love it there!

Quote:
Hm, I thought I had commented on the HHI post, but somehow I can't see that post, so maybe I did not.
I think you snuck in a post right before my HHI post, so you may not have seen it.

Quote:
Like I said, I would always pick Cynthia over Soarin!

Quote:

I just loved to see the HHI photos. Not very likely we will go there any time soon, so this is MY way of visiting. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Glad you liked the pictures. I will probably do a more comprehensive TR at some point. I think I'll combine it with my June TR.

Quote:
Well you totally took one for the team as I know it was my call to go to the clown pool and I know it was not your first, or second choice. I definitely played the "it's closest" card

But I'd gotten such a great vibe from it from our balcony I was dying to visit it. I'd actually put the villa pool as my least favorite of the three.

I'm actually really glad I went to the Clown Pool. I'm not sure if I ever would have because I thought I was going to hate it. But I loved it. How could I be so wrong about something?

Quote:

Noshing around the world was a great way to end the trip. I just loved F&W so much. I can't believe how much fun it was.

Quote:
It's hard to pass up a Soarin' FP, Mary Ellen, but I think in this case relaxing by the pool and visiting was a good choice.
It was a prefect choice!

Quote:
Your HHI pictures are great, and I'm glad you were able to extend your stay and get the opportunity to enjoy your time there a little bit.
Thanks! I have soooooo many more pictures that I think I am going to have to do a legit TR.

Quote:
Nope - you didn't miss the T-shirt reveal. There will be one, won't there????

Quote:
OMG - there were just so many amazing things to try. I just loved F&W. It really was so much fun. I can't wai to go back. And I feel like we barely scratched the surface in comparison to all they had to offer.

Quote:
Love the HHI pictures Mary Ellen. I'm still trying to figure out when I can get there. Might have to squeeze in another long weekend trip next year.
It's such an awesome resort. I hope you do get a chance to visit it some day. It's definitely worth it.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #1947
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

All good things must come to an end

All good things must come to an end.

I really don't like that saying. Why do they? Why should they? I don't like to think of endings, I prefer to think of new beginnings and next time. Or, until we meet again. But since I leave for Aulani in TWO WEEKS I need to wrap things up here, and over on my other TR so...WAH...here I go!
Before it ended, pool time, as you all now know, was in order. First though, I wanted to take a picture of the picture in the elevator lobby. For some reason it always made me smile when I walked by it.

And then...the NOT SO CREEPY Clown!

Who Brooke calls George though I have no idea if that is really his name.

These folks look like they wanted George to get them...or their kid was stuck. I can't quite figure it out as they seem level with the slide opening!

Token not so creepy clown pool shots taken to document what we did, I simply lounged and relaxed with Mary Ellen, soaking up my last few hours. I do recall at some point, and even more than one I think, during the day I had issues trying to check in either via the Alaska Airlines App, or their website. I needed to pay for my bag and the app had no feature for that so once I selected I wanted to check a bag, boom, it would hold it up. And for some reason the online check in was an issue. I honestly don't remember what I ended up doing but if memory served I had to take care of all of it at the counter.

The Depressing Express. I did have an awesome driver though, wish I could remember why I thought that but I seem to recall him being amazingly chatty, in a good way.

WAH!

I checked my bag, whined about my issues and basically got a "yeah" we agree, it sucks and we are sorry. It’s a known issue and we aren't sure why they aren't fixing it. Lots of empathy but that's about it.

Just a small line at security

But since the Depressing Express makes you leave a full THREE hours before your flight, even with check in and security issues, I still had time to stop my my new traditional pre-flight location.

I gotta tell you, for airport food it's a darn good margarita and guac! Not to mention a nice place to wait an hour. On our flight home in August (spoiler) we got takeout from the same spot for the plane.

Soon enough though it was time to get on my plane which thankfully had no delays. And although the last thing I needed was food, I have to admit, I am a sucker for the menu on Alaska. It is all really tasty and really reasonable and I figured I would be hungry by the time I got home and so...

Yum!

I should have worked on the plane. I had my laptop for that very reason. I did work. Just not the way I'd planned. Instead of "work work" I did Cynthia work. Which meant bee in the bonnet spreadsheet crunching.

Crunching what you ask?

The cost difference to add on at BWV instead of SSR like I'd planned.

Yep. The clown was THAT not so creepy. I might even be a little bit in love with him!

For those of you following my other TR you know how this story ends. We did add on at BWV though it was not without drama. We are booked to spend next New Years Eve in a Boardwalk view 2 bedroom. Can you say excited?????

Woot!

Before I get to the reveal I thought I'd run a contest. So up next....Guess the Tee!

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 05-07-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #1948
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Guess the Tee!

Continued from previous

I went to the World with a mission. A guilty mom mission but a mission nonetheless. Yes…I felt compelled to not only bring my children spoils from my trip but I also allowed them to have input in what they wanted and what I should look for. It turned into a pretty fun thing with me texting pictures of tees to Jeff's phone, Jeff showing them to Evan and Eric. It kept us connected while I was gone, and they could literally see where I was, by the pictures I was sending over.

They had been very specific with some pin requests and while I didn't detail it out (as I lost the list lol) I spent a good chunk of time the last 2 days searching for certain pins and trading like a maniac. On the shirts however it had been pretty simple. I was to look for:

1. Shirts from favorite rides (Eric)
2. "Funny" shirts (Evan)
3. Anything else I thought they might like.

Somehow they still think Mom is all knowing when it comes to stuff like that and always gets it right. Which is great...until it isn't. As they age, they are pickier and at $24.95 or so a pop, I wasn't taking chances stuff I "thought" they’d like even if I do get it right about 95% of the time.

I considered going back and posting all the tees. But...frankly there are SO many that I took pictures of I figured it would be easier to just look through the posts where I showcased them. Hopefully I didn't miss any!

The Festival Center
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=437
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1500

Magic Kingdom
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=901
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1047
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1628

DHS
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1222
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1223
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1571
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1572

Yacht Club
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1224

Boardwalk
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1225

Epcot
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1305
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1306

Animal Kingdom
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1306

Which shirt did each boy pick? Feel free to list 2 choices in order of preference as while they did get their first choice as a souvenir, Santa brought them their second.

Bonus points if you can guess the “why”

Double bonus points if you can guess any pins (or maybe triple as I don't think I mentioned a darn thing about it).

I have not included myself in the contest as honestly I didn't take pictures of most of the things I was eyeing...so that didn't seem fair.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #1949
MEK
DIS Veteran

I fell asleep with my computer on my lap and I woke up with you update. I'll be back to vote on T-shirts. I've got to give this some thought because I have absolutely no idea.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #1950
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I have told the kids they have to call the wedding off as they are really messing up my DIS time.

Great updates, ladies.

Cynthia, I agree...I prefer to look at it as "until we meet again" as I hate goodbyes.

And I'm sorry...it's still a scary clown pool.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: