Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #181
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Undoubtedly! Can't believe you met the Pat Imposter and not the real Pat!
The one time I'm a little outgoing and strike up a conversation with a stranger...

Quote:
Oh Tina - that's a bummer. There are some many people sick right now. I really hope you get better soon and you are in perfect shape for Disney. Like I said before, I am so envious. Where are you guys staying - AOA?
Well, at least I got sick with enough time to try and fully recuperate! I feel much better today, but maybe that's the Disney adrenalin kicking in. Whatever it is, I'm glad I'm feeling better!

I'll update on FB and let everyone know how crazy the crowds are.

We're staying at Coronado, actually. I would have gone with AoA in a LM room, but they were long sold out when I actually got around to booking this thing. Then it was going to be Pop, which didn't thrill me. I want a hot tub! And nice beds, too. Brook booked it for me and got me an AP discount my last night, so we made it work within my budget framework. I don't understand why there's such a huge difference between the mods and the deluxes, but the difference between the values and the mods is so much less.

Quote:
I went one year in early January and it was fabulous. Sunny and warm every day and just perfect for the pool. I hope you have the same. Something about a pool in January is very invigorating.
Our weather looks good...and for me, at this time of the year, 70 is pool weather!

One of my favorite WDW drinks, that's for sure! Glad you liked OKW. [/QUOTE]
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #182
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
The one time I'm a little outgoing and strike up a conversation with a stranger...
Figures, doesn't it?

Quote:
Well, at least I got sick with enough time to try and fully recuperate! I feel much better today, but maybe that's the Disney adrenalin kicking in. Whatever it is, I'm glad I'm feeling better!
I hope you fell perfect tomorrow morning when you get on that plane!

Quote:
I'll update on FB and let everyone know how crazy the crowds are.

Tomorrow will be crazy, but then it will get better. Curious to see how quickly people depart.

Quote:
We're staying at Coronado, actually. I would have gone with AoA in a LM room, but they were long sold out when I actually got around to booking this thing. Then it was going to be Pop, which didn't thrill me. I want a hot tub! And nice beds, too. Brook booked it for me and got me an AP discount my last night, so we made it work within my budget framework. I don't understand why there's such a huge difference between the mods and the deluxes, but the difference between the values and the mods is so much less.
Have you stayed at Coronado before? It's really pretty and I know it looks lovely at Christmas, so enjoy! Nice pick too for someone who needs some pool time!

Quote:
Our weather looks good...and for me, at this time of the year, 70 is pool weather!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #183
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
:

Oh Toni - so sorry to hear your shoulder is hurting. Rotator cuff? I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be at night. Makes me cringe to think about it.

Yep - you got it - the rotator cuff!! Waiting on an MRI to assess the damage and then decide on the surgery - but crikey I never thought a shoulder would be this sore and downright annoying

I am signed on so I can do an update right now. Then its on with the day!
Excellent thanks and I really enjoyed reading it. Your comment "The problem with the accessible bathroom was there was NO storage at all in the bathroom."

I know just what you mean - I get around in a wheelchair so stay in the accessible rooms all the time and this drives me a little crazy the lack of storage space in the bathroom. There's not enough room for me and the coffee table so it usually ends up looking like a tip by the time all my stuff is out on the counter. I pity the housekeeping people - I usually try to tidy it up before I leave but to pack it all away is a nuisance so after a couple of days - it just stays there

However I don't want to sound as though I am complaining as the rooms are brilliant for a wheelchair user and without them I wouldn't be going really so its a small thing in the scheme of things. Just wanted you to know I felt your pain

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #184
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We were in the car for a good part of yesterday, but thanks to my new computer I was able to edit over 400 pictures while traveling. Gotta love that!

I finished my edits this morning, so I'm sorry that I don't have time for replies right now! I've got a bunch of stuff I need to do and is it wrong that I want to try some post Christmas shopping?

Anyhow - I'll be back later today with replies!
Shopping anytime is NEVER wrong

What a great way to pass the travel time - editing your pics.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 AM   #185
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
I know just what you mean - I get around in a wheelchair so stay in the accessible rooms all the time and this drives me a little crazy the lack of storage space in the bathroom. There's not enough room for me and the coffee table so it usually ends up looking like a tip by the time all my stuff is out on the counter. I pity the housekeeping people - I usually try to tidy it up before I leave but to pack it all away is a nuisance so after a couple of days - it just stays there
First of all - sorry about your rotator cuff. They are extraordinarily painful injuries. I hope you don't need surgery and you recover with physical therapy.

That's got to be so annoying to not have any adequate storage in the accessible room. I would think there could be a better solution. Even if they put up a few hooks or something - you could zip up your bag and at least hang it there.

Quote:
However I don't want to sound as though I am complaining as the rooms are brilliant for a wheelchair user and without them I wouldn't be going really so its a small thing in the scheme of things. Just wanted you to know I felt your pain
I am so glad to hear the rooms are functional for a wheelchair user. I can't imagine what it would be like to travel somewhere and not have the appropriate accommodations. I know that Disney world is wonderful from that aspect and its awesome that you can enjoy a trip there with very few annoyances.

Quote:
Shopping anytime is NEVER wrong
I like the way you think!

Quote:
What a great way to pass the travel time - editing your pics.
It was. I got a lot done. I mean - clearly it is easier to edit when you are NOT moving, but it was still fairly efficient!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #186
MEK
DIS Veteran

Dueling Dumbos

Hey Guys - I had really good intentions of posting this update last night, but I fell asleep around 9pm with my computer on my lap.

So here it is - the latest update!

Dueling Dumbos

In my last update Cynthia and I had been reunited, we had a lovely dinner at Les Chefs, and then we spent some time catching up while sitting on the beach of the Wilderness Lodge. Cynthia also gave me a gift, but I have to confess that I have pictures which I have not downloaded from my camera yet. Next update - I promise.

But now it was time to begin our first full day of Disney World. I knew I would get up before Cynthia, being on East Coast time and all that, so I had prepared the coffee the night before. I did not want to be knocking stuff around in the dark while trying to make the coffee. Both Cynthia and I love our morning coffee and I am pretty much useless until I drink it.

So I quickly consumed my coffee and got dressed to go for a run. There are some Disney resorts that are great for running and WL is one of them. I love the path along Bay Lake and I love running over to Fort Wilderness. Fueled with Starbucks caffeine, I didn't waste anytime hitting that path. I took a few pics along the way, none of which came out that well.

Leaving the villa. I love the lights at the lodge.

This is a horrible picture, but its just to show that one of the first living things that greeted me this morning was a deer.

I stopped along the path to take this picture of the contemporary

I ran a little further and actually came to a clearing with an unobstructed view.

I ran down a path that came to an abrupt end with a "Cast Member Only" sign, which forced me to double back to the main path to Fort Wilderness. I ran down to the Circle D Ranch and then turned around

I took this picture from the end of the "service road" where it meets with the main driveway to the lodge.

Circling back in to the villas

Although nothing really beats the lobby of the actual lodge, the villa's lobby is very pretty. Here is a cell phone pic looking down from the 4th floor.

Just in case you where really curious which room we stayed in

When I got back to the room Cynthia was up. We decided the plan for today was a quick trip into the MK and then a lunch date at Epcot.

I think I headed down to the villa lobby early so I could take a few pictures.

I really want to see this lobby at Christmas time

Sturdy branches health club

The cool bird cage in the lobby

Love this fireplace

This makes me want to go skiing

Love this little sitting area

Continued In Next Post.........

Last edited by MEK; 12-31-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #187
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued from Previous Post.......

Next stop: The boat to MK. Surprisingly, I didn't take a single picture until I got on the boat.

A view of the Contemporary from the boat

Bye WL

Hello boat

Hello MK ferry

Hello beautiful GF

Hello MK Clearly it was past rope drop

I love the Halloween decorations.

Love them!

Fairly crowded Main Street

I loved how all the pumpkins are carved to fit the theme of the different shops and restaurants. Ice cream anyone? Or would you prefer a shake?

Maybe you would prefer a hot dog?

with fries

and a coke

I still haven't tried the corn dog nuggets here. But I will&.eventually&..

We spent time in the hub taking pictures of the Halloween statues

Continued In Next Post.........

Last edited by MEK; 12-31-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #188
MEK
DIS Veteran

Our Next Stop?

Storybook Circus……and we followed these guys for a little bit before we found it.

Tea Party Wait

Dumbo turned out to be a walk-on!

I know, I know…..I went a little overboard with the pictures.

Continued In Next Post........

Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 AM   #189
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

We could have picked the Dumbo on the right or the Dumbo on the left. We took the one on the right, which you might actually call the one of the left, depending on your approach. Confused? I am!

Here's my view from my seat on that flying packyderm

WheeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE!

So what did I think of the new Dumbo?

Well, it's short.

But I still had fun.

An Important Message for All of Us!

Happy New Year's Everyone!

Up Next.......A Disney First and a Dining Date

Last edited by MEK; 12-31-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #190
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

You take such scenic trips on your morning runs! It must be more fun to run around the Disney sights than just staying on a treadmill in the health club (although Sturdy Branches is an adorable name! )

The new Dumbo is so cute - I don't blame you for taking lots of pictures of it! The water feature really does make so much of a difference!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #191
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear your roomie did not throw you under the bus about making your morning coffee!

What a great morning run! Really interesting things to look at. The lobby of the villas lodge really does look pretty.

Love the Halloween decorations. The orange really pops at the Magic Kingdom. I didn't realize that the carved pumpkins were themed to the restaurants. That is very cool!

for a ride on Dumbo. Someday I will do that. Someday. The Storybook Circus area is such a beautiful, colorful area.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #192
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

The next time I stay at WL, I'm going to find that path to Fort Wilderness, it looks so pretty!

The lobby of VWL is beautiful, I'd love to see it decorated for Christmas too!

Don't you love taking the boat over to MK from WL? Wilderness Lodge is just perfect, I love it so much!

Yay, Dumbo! I wanted to go on, but the line was way too long, maybe I'll try it on my next trip! I love that whole Storybook Circus area, it's too cute!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #193
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Try to stay awake past 9 tonight if you can... Happy New Year!

I'm not a fan of running for the sake of running at all, but if I could ever find anything to give me the incentive to do it, it just might be some of the scenery and trails that you enjoyed. That would be a nice way to start the day!

I love seeing pictures of the Halloween decorations (since I've never seen them in person). I'd really love to get around to visiting the parks sometime during the fall.

Don't apologize for too many pictures!!! I love what they've done with the Storybook Circus area, and I really think the new Dumbo set up is a huge improvement.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #194
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #195
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I never noticed the specialized themed carved pumpkins at the restaurants! So cute!
I did like the statues in the hub - before this trip, I always thought they were permanent fixtures.

Just watched Dumbo yesterday with the girls. I hadn't seen it in forever and didn't remember most of it. Do you think that movie is where the idea of seeing pink elephants when one is "under the influence" came from? It was such a long scene of Dumbo and Timothy hallucinating!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: