Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #1921
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Thanks for the Hilton Head pics. It is like 2.5 hours away from us, but I am not sure we are ready to use our points on it just yet. We are still in love with WDW, the resorts there and everything it offers. It might be nice to head down there for the weekend.

Where is the beach house in relation to the resort ?? I was under the impression that the resort wasn't directly on the beach.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #1922
saintstickets
DIS Veteran
 
saintstickets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Petal, MS
Posts: 2,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
...I guess but also bummed cause the June trip is off....I don't think I can make it to October w no va-Kay And now I'm afraid that my October trip is too long for any new job I'm starting.
Glad to hear your June trip is back on! I was going to say that missing your June trip would just increase the anticipation of your October trip and our meet-up! I can hear Denny now, "You know, it's crazy enough you meeting women on vacations that you've only talked to online but now you're meeting some Mississippi redneck and his wife in October and I've gotta be there too?!?! BTW, isn't he the one that sent us that gosh-awful muscadine wine?"

for the good news on the job front. I hope it works out and is everything you want and need it to be.

After seeing those pictures from HHI, DW and I are going to have to try again to make it there. Maybe this time one of the kids won't surprise us with a wedding right before we were supposed to go!
__________________
Bill B

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #1923
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Thanks for the Hilton Head pics. It is like 2.5 hours away from us, but I am not sure we are ready to use our points on it just yet. We are still in love with WDW, the resorts there and everything it offers. It might be nice to head down there for the weekend.
If you want to do a weekend I would definitely check out the member rate starting at the end of October. That's how I went the first time because the member rate was something like $150 a night for the 2BR.

I know what you mean about points. I tend to be selective about where I will and won't use them. I need to feel like I'm getting the most from my points. I think the next time I go it will be during a season when I can get a good member discount rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Where is the beach house in relation to the resort ?? I was under the impression that the resort wasn't directly on the beach.
The resort is actually on the Broad Creek. On one side of the resort is the Broad Creek and on the other side is the marina. A little over a mile away is the actual beach. There is a shuttle that runs there, but we just drove our own car. I'm sure that would be hard to do in the summer, but there is plenty of parking off season. It's actually close enough to ride bikes. Not sure if I would walk, just because I'm lazy.

It would be great if the resort was directly on the beach, but I honestly think this is better because of the access to Broad Creek for kayaking and fishing. The beach house is so beautiful that you can basically set up shop there and just stay at the BH pool or on the beach until you're ready to leave.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Glad to hear your June trip is back on! I was going to say that missing your June trip would just increase the anticipation of your October trip and our meet-up!
It would definitely increase the anticipation, but I am so happy I don't have to give up the June trip. I am so excited about October. I waitlisted for BWV and BCV for those first three days and prayer every day that one of them comes through.

I did make a reservation for 4 at R&C on Saturday night (i have to look up the time - I'm going to guess around 7 - 7:30ish ) if you guys are interested. I don't know if we ever decided if we were just to hit the booths or do a dinner. I am purchasing a TIW in June so I definitely want to make some ADRs so I can use it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I can hear Denny now, "You know, it's crazy enough you meeting women on vacations that you've only talked to online but now you're meeting some Mississippi redneck and his wife in October and I've gotta be there too?!?! BTW, isn't he the one that sent us that gosh-awful muscadine wine?"
OMG - thanks for making me laugh at loud. And, for the record, we really enjoyed that wine. It was different, but very enjoyable.

He already rolled his eyes when I told him we had a breakfast ADR with Kathy. But it was just a little roll. More like a "sigh..ok". I'm breaking him in - ever so slowly......

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
for the good news on the job front. I hope it works out and is everything you want and need it to be.
Who really wants to change their job, but I knew I probably wasn't going to retire from my current job. So I'm very happy to have found a replacement in my field of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
After seeing those pictures from HHI, DW and I are going to have to try again to make it there. Maybe this time one of the kids won't surprise us with a wedding right before we were supposed to go!
I hope you do get to go. I think you would really love it. Despite our hospital adventure, we still managed to see Bluffton, Beaufort, Savannah, Tybee Island, and we had a brief stop in Charleston on the way home. I just love it there. I could totally live there.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #1924
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyFan1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 560

Looks like a full and fun final day! Some of that food looked delicious!!!

Nice way to end a trip.........at the pool relaxing! Love to see the Clown Pool one day!

Mary Ellen, some great pictures at the HHI resort! It looks like a great place to relax, and looks like there is so much beach to enjoy!
GoofyFan1515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1925
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

Wow... I was WAY behind!!! I feel like such a bad DIS friend! I can't believe everything that's been going on with you Mary Ellen! Kitty issues, college decisions, Denny's health scare, stuff with your parents, family vacation drama, job searching... I'm glad to hear most things are under control but I'm sorry I wasn't around to offer support through all of that!!! I'm so glad you have decided to go forward with your June vacation... it sounds like you need it!

Sorry we've come to your last day Cynthia! Nice job with your top 10 list! I'm not sure I have seen the Country Bears since I was nine years old!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #1926
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,437

Mary Ellen,

I am so glad you got a job offer!!!

June trip is on?!

The Chase lounge was something I missed due to losing my darn disney visa while on our trip. I would have liked to have enjoyed some of the amenities there. I totally would have picked up reserved illuminations viewing area!

I love the HHI pics!! I really am hoping to go there in the next year or two. You think it isn't a good use of DVC points? And... what airport would you say would be best to fly into?

Cynthia,

I want to know how you always seem to be color coordinated? Those pictures of you in front of the Food and Wine festival sign look awesome!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1927
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,802

I think I missed posting after the last update. Mary Ellen, I'm so glad you landed the job and those worries are over - and for keeping the trip!

Love how you are getting so much food and fun into the last day. Too bad it is the last day, though.

Cynthia, nice pic of you with the F&W signs!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #1928
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Looks like a full and fun final day! Some of that food looked delicious!!!

And there is more to come. Spoiler alert - I went back and made the F&W rounds again after Cynthia left.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Nice way to end a trip.........at the pool relaxing! Love to see the Clown Pool one day!
I hope you get to see the Clown Pool. It really wasn't bad to be sitting on the pool deck staring down the mouth of that crazy clown. And if you don't like the clown, the quiet pools are awesome too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Mary Ellen, some great pictures at the HHI resort! It looks like a great place to relax, and looks like there is so much beach to enjoy!
Thanks. It's a beautiful island. The beach is very, very hard packed so its great for walking, running, and riding bikes. If you are going to sit you the beach you definitely need a chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow... I was WAY behind!!! I feel like such a bad DIS friend! I can't believe everything that's been going on with you Mary Ellen! Kitty issues, college decisions, Denny's health scare, stuff with your parents, family vacation drama, job searching... I'm glad to hear most things are under control but I'm sorry I wasn't around to offer support through all of that!!! I'm so glad you have decided to go forward with your June vacation... it sounds like you need it!
No worries Amy. I know you were busy getting ready for your trip and, of course, BEING on your trip. April was certainly a little funky for me when everything started to pile up at once. I am glad things are sorting themselves out and most grateful to have a job and a vacation to look forward to.

Are you doing a TR? I hope I didn't miss the start of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry we've come to your last day Cynthia! Nice job with your top 10 list! I'm not sure I have seen the Country Bears since I was nine years old!
And you're planning to keep it that way, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Mary Ellen,

I am so glad you got a job offer!!!
Thanks! I am so relieved about that and look forward to starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
June trip is on?!
yup yes:: I am very happy about that. I really want a vacation before I start a new job. And I am happy its just Denny and I. It's been awhile since just he and I traveled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
The Chase lounge was something I missed due to losing my darn disney visa while on our trip. I would have liked to have enjoyed some of the amenities there. I totally would have picked up reserved illuminations viewing area!
That is such a bummer that you weren't able to go there. It's a cute little lounge and I will definitely be visiting it again this fall. I hope I score a bracelet, but I'll be happy with the lemonade, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love the HHI pics!! I really am hoping to go there in the next year or two. You think it isn't a good use of DVC points? And... what airport would you say would be best to fly into?
I think it depends on what time of year you go and where you live. If you already live in SC then it's probably not that big of a deal and maybe not worth the points. For me it's like going to a completely new place. When I went with my GF's in late Oct 2012 the 2BR was 34 points a night (I think), but they had a member rate of $150 a night. In my mind 34 points should be worth at least $340, so I went with the member rate.

In April the points per night were similar (forgive me for not knowing the exact amount) but the rack rate for the room was over $400 a night. In that case - yes the points are totally worth it.

As far as flying - Savannah is about 50 minutes away and Charleston is at least 90 minutes away. I would say either of those places depending on flight cost.

It's an awesome place. I encourage everyone to visit there. It's really special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Cynthia,

I want to know how you always seem to be color coordinated? Those pictures of you in front of the Food and Wine festival sign look awesome!!
She really got some great pictures that say, didn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I think I missed posting after the last update. Mary Ellen, I'm so glad you landed the job and those worries are over - and for keeping the trip!
Thanks! I can't tell you how relieved I am that I will be starting a new job that I wanted and not one that I had to take. Makes such a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
ILove how you are getting so much food and fun into the last day. Too bad it is the last day, though.
Last days are always a bummer. It was a bummer to see Cynthia leave, but I still had one more evening and was determined to make the most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
ICynthia, nice pic of you with the F&W signs!
I agree - they are such great pictures she got!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #1929
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,708

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Missions completed at MK, not to mention a perfect start to my last day, I headed over to Epcot. That last monorail ride is pretty darn sad too.
Everything about re-entering the real world is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Although interestingly enough since then I downloaded some of the retro icons you see in that picture and use them on my desktop at work.
That's a cool idea. I would have thought they would have a lot of merchandise centered on the old icons. They were pretty cool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yes, I know it’s not the fillet. I wasn't in the mood. Plus, they had me at "polenta"
They would have had me at "meat".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I decided that Soarin will always be there, but Cynthia would not. So I picked Cynthia over Soarin.
Good call. I'm sure Cynthia felt that way too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
When we got back to the Boardwalk Cynthia decided she had some time to hit the pool. And this time we got brave - real brave - and we decided to hit the Clown Pool.
Maybe that Soarin' FP is still good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
We actually both really enjoyed the Clown Pool even though neither of us braved the pool.
Sure, that sounds....wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Our first sunset

GREAT picture!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Lots of Spanish Moss
My wife would be snapping a ton of shots of this right there with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Inside the lodge
I really like the interior. Gives off a WL type vibe. Someday we'll have to check this place out!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #1930
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
This will be a bit of a shorter update so we can stay sort of in sync and apparently I did not take many pictures at all towards the end.
Nobody wants to remember the "leaving" part anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That last monorail ride is pretty darn sad too.
It's hard to say sad and monorail in the same sentence, but you make a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I had really thought I might end up with some anniversary merchandise but nothing really "grabbed" me, for me. Although interestingly enough since then I downloaded some of the retro icons you see in that picture and use them on my desktop at work.
Merchandise at Disney, in general, seems to have that same effect or lack thereof on me.

The old EPCOT icons are pretty awesome though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Tummy finally full and time closing in on me...
That was definitely another nice day at the F&W festival! A good way to relax a bit before you have to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I decided that Soarin will always be there, but Cynthia would not. So I picked Cynthia over Soarin.
Awwww... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
We saw Mary Poppins on our way out. I just love Mary Poppins. So serene and refined.
Not to mention practically perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
When we got back to the Boardwalk Cynthia decided she had some time to hit the pool. And this time we got brave - real brave - and we decided to hit the Clown Pool.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
And you know what - that crazy clown wasn't all that scary after all. We actually both really enjoyed the Clown Pool even though neither of us braved the pool.
Ok, maybe not scary, but still kind of an eyesore.

I love all the HHI pictures. I really would like to stay there sometime. It looks like it has a nice mix of beach/"other stuff" to it. I love how it has all the trees around it.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1931
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
This looks really good. I guess I was still too full from the ravioli. I do have a picture of the cheese plate, somewhere.

Cute PP pictures as well!
It was really good but I imagine that ravioli was twice as filling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]Soarin or Cynthia

It looks like Cynthia did a great job finishing up her last couple hours in the world at F&W. I, however, must have been too full from that yummy ravioli.

But I did manage to make room for the Kerry gold cheese platter in Ireland



I can verify that we did travel to Canada, because here's a picture!
You did, we both had it I think. Either that or we shared but I don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I had a FP for Soarin, but I needed to make a decision….head back to BWV with Cynthia or stick around and use my FP.

I decided that Soarin will always be there, but Cynthia would not. So I picked Cynthia over Soarin.

We saw Mary Poppins on our way out. I just love Mary Poppins. So serene and refined.
I always think the Epcot Mary has something magical about her, I adore watching her interactions.

and YAY for picking me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
And you know what - that crazy clown wasn't all that scary after all. We actually both really enjoyed the Clown Pool even though neither of us braved the pool. It was a perfect afternoon and I was certainly not disappointed that we hit the pool. It was just perfect
We debated the slide for sure, it looked fun but I didn't want to get on a plane all chlorinated and really didn't have time to rinse...maximizing the sun time was far more important. He wasn't creepy at all, it was amazing. I loved the entire vibe of that pool, absolutely loved it. Surprisingly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
AT some point I got a text from Tracy saying that she had just had her makeup done in France and she wanted to know if I was still in the park to come see it. I was bummed that I missed her. I know she looked totally beautiful because later that evening she posted a picture on FB of her with her niece at Victoria's and Alberts. How would I know that was going to be one of the last pictures I would ever see of Tracy.

Sorry. I just have that memory and its so vivid.
Wow, I don't know if I knew that.

GORGEOUS HH pics. I really wish I could get Jeff into the idea of checking it out someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Nice for the morning in EPCOT and having Cynthia do her wandering through the parks and meet up with you.

I will staring at the clown in 6 days!!!!!
less than that now, yay for the clown! It was a lovely Epcot afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That Irish cheese plate is making me drool I love me some cheese !! I often wonder how many random pix I am in and who is seeing them !!Do they know I am a pole Dancer and would they care
Hilton Head looks great !! Looking forward to more pix !!
The cheese plate was incredible, I did hit costco and buy some of that dubliner after the trip Hope you are having an amazing cruise Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
MK: Definitely the low light of the trip is when your traveling companion must leave... heck, when you have to leave! It's good to know that you abandoned your FP to spend time with Cynthia!
I'm glad she made that choice too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
So you went to the pool but now clown slide?

Cynthia: I'm completely agreeing with your chicken chipotle sausage and polenta choice! Was the sausage spicy? I'm picturing it having a bit of a bite but even if not, I love polenta.

Such beautiful photos of you at Epcot near the entrance!

It looks like you guys are synced up in your TRs.
Thanks! I think we are although It means I really only have a few updates left. SAD! I didn't want to get wet, drying would have cut into my sun time and I love me some sun time! The sausage was "just right" in terms of heat, quite yummy and the polenta was really delicious, just perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
BOO to the end of the trip! MEK, even though your HHI trip wasn't ideal, at least you got some pretty pictures.
BOO is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Cynthia, I saw the program that was being filmed on tv this past Thursday night! I recognized the man sitting at the table by the hat he was wearing! They did a segment on the new Fantasy Land & some other things. I think it was Destination America channel. Also the program before that was about the DCL.
Oh how fun, I don't know if we get that channel, need to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm emotionally invested here and suddenly I feel very sad that Cynthia is leaving.

Why do all Disney trips have to end? So we can go again, I guess. :::sigh:::

What a lovely way to end your trip, though! Food and wine and lounging by the pool! Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me.
Why do they have to end??? It would be so much nicer if they didn't. I am quite sad I am leaving too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Cynthia, that looks like a wonderful way to start wrapping up a trip. I would have inhaled the cheese plate before any photos could be taken too.
It was delicious! A wonderful end to the trip. All of it, the food and wine...the pool...just another perfect day all around. Well other than my impending departure

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Glad the clown pool wasn't as scary as you thought it would be.
It really isn't creepy at all. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

Sweet memories of special friends and special times. It reminds us to be appreciative of each day that we are able to share together.
Yes it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates, I love seeing all of the yummy things from F&W, although it makes me want to go this year, which I don't think I'll be doing!
Me either and I'm quite sad about that


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Good choice to spend more time with Cynthia, MEK! You're right, you can always ride Soarin', it's better to spend time with friends!
I'm glad she picked me too!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #1933
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Looks like a full and fun final day! Some of that food looked delicious!!!

Nice way to end a trip.........at the pool relaxing! Love to see the Clown Pool one day!
It was a fabulous afternoon all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post


Sorry we've come to your last day Cynthia! Nice job with your top 10 list! I'm not sure I have seen the Country Bears since I was nine years old!
I made headway with some parts of my list and not at all with others. I am glad I was able to get the Country Bears in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Cynthia,

I want to know how you always seem to be color coordinated? Those pictures of you in front of the Food and Wine festival sign look awesome!!
Dumb luck. Not planned at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post

Cynthia, nice pic of you with the F&W signs!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Everything about re-entering the real world is sad.
it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
That's a cool idea. I would have thought they would have a lot of merchandise centered on the old icons. They were pretty cool.
they did, just none of it grabbed me. Guess it wasn't quite feminine enough in what it was used on. the retro T's were cool...just not me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
They would have had me at "meat".
Yeah but I bet you'd have gone for the fillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Good call. I'm sure Cynthia felt that way too!
I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sure, that sounds....wait, what?
He's not creepy, I swear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Nobody wants to remember the "leaving" part anyway.
No, we try to block it. Before, during and even after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It's hard to say sad and monorail in the same sentence, but you make a good point.
True, wistful might have been more appropriate or even melancholy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Merchandise at Disney, in general, seems to have that same effect or lack thereof on me.

The old EPCOT icons are pretty awesome though!
I actually bought more this trip than on most but I also shopped WAY more than I ever do so my odds of finding things I liked went way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That was definitely another nice day at the F&W festival! A good way to relax a bit before you have to leave.
It was
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #1934
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I think it depends on what time of year you go and where you live. If you already live in SC then it's probably not that big of a deal and maybe not worth the points. For me it's like going to a completely new place. When I went with my GF's in late Oct 2012 the 2BR was 34 points a night (I think), but they had a member rate of $150 a night. In my mind 34 points should be worth at least $340, so I went with the member rate.

In April the points per night were similar (forgive me for not knowing the exact amount) but the rack rate for the room was over $400 a night. In that case - yes the points are totally worth it.

As far as flying - Savannah is about 50 minutes away and Charleston is at least 90 minutes away. I would say either of those places depending on flight cost.

It's an awesome place. I encourage everyone to visit there. It's really special.


Thanks for the info! It is high on our wish list of places to go. Flying from WA though... air fare into either is going to be a bit more tricky than going to FL. I don't mind fare staking though... so I will have to keep an eye on fares into those two places.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #1935
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Everything about re-entering the real world is sad.
It sure is!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
That's a cool idea. I would have thought they would have a lot of merchandise centered on the old icons. They were pretty cool.

Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
They would have had me at "meat".
Now there's a shock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Good call. I'm sure Cynthia felt that way too!
I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Maybe that Soarin' FP is still good...
Don't I wish, especially if it would still be good in June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sure, that sounds....wait, what?
Yes - I know it seems impossible to believe, but its totally true. Staring down the mouth of the clown was really not the bad when we were at his level. Crazy, but true!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
GREAT picture!

Thanks. .... and I took that with my phone. How crazy is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
My wife would be snapping a ton of shots of this right there with you.
I love the oak trees with the Spanish moss. It's so pretty and just gives me that feeling of relaxation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I really like the interior. Gives off a WL type vibe. Someday we'll have to check this place out!
It really does. It's got the fishing theme going on. It's really a cute villa. I hope you guys do get a chance to visit some day. I think your kids would love it. It's got the best of Disney hospitality in a beach vacation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Nobody wants to remember the "leaving" part anyway.
You got that right!


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It's hard to say sad and monorail in the same sentence, but you make a good point.
I have to agree with Cynthia - the last monorail ride is very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Merchandise at Disney, in general, seems to have that same effect or lack thereof on me.
I often find things I like, but rarely something I absolutely have to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The old EPCOT icons are pretty awesome though!
I totally agree!


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That was definitely another nice day at the F&W festival! A good way to relax a bit before you have to leave.
F&W is a fabulous way to relax. Every afternoon that we visited just filled us with that totally relaxed feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Awwww... :
I'm a good friend, what can I say?


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Not to mention practically perfect.
How could I forget that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You can hear the scary music playing in the background, can't you? But I tell you, it really wasn't bad AT ALL. The clown looked much less intimidating when you are staring right back at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Ok, maybe not scary, but still kind of an eyesore.
It didn't even seem like much of an eyesore. I'm not kidding. It really was not bad at all. I would face him again in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I love all the HHI pictures. I really would like to stay there sometime. It looks like it has a nice mix of beach/"other stuff" to it. I love how it has all the trees around it.

It's a gorgeous island, a wonderful resort, and a magical place. I really don't think I can say enough about it. It's really a special place.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: