Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #1906
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That Irish cheese plate is making me drool I love me some cheese !!
That cheese is so good and I was able to find it at Costco after we got home. Or was that BJ's?

Quote:
I often wonder how many random pix I am in and who is seeing them !!Do they know I am a pole Dancer and would they care
Rosie - if you end up in someone else's pictures while pole dancing... I am sure we are all in tons of random pics.

Quote:
Hilton Head looks great !! Looking forward to more pix !!
It's a great resort. REally special. I'm thinking of doing an entire TR about HHI, but then again during the time Denny was in the hospital I didn't take my usual number of pics. Gee - I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
MK: Definitely the low light of the trip is when your traveling companion must leave... heck, when you have to leave! It's good to know that you abandoned your FP to spend time with Cynthia!
Even though you know your trip has to end and your traveling buddy is going all the way across the country, when reality sinks in its still really sad.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the HHI photos. I don't think I've ever seen photos of the resort/beach. I know you need a re-do of that trip!
Its a lovely resort. I absolutely love it there and I hope it never gets super popular because I want to keep it all for me. Just kidding. Fortunately this was my second trip there so Denny needs a do-over way more than I do. We did actually make up for it our last few days. I think I write about it with my June TR.

Quote:
So you went to the pool but now clown slide?
Somehow I wasn't quite brave enough to picture myself coming out of the clown's open mouth.

Quote:
Cynthia: I'm completely agreeing with your chicken chipotle sausage and polenta choice! Was the sausage spicy? I'm picturing it having a bit of a bite but even if not, I love polenta.
That looked so good! It's on my list for October!

Quote:
Such beautiful photos of you at Epcot near the entrance!
She looks lovely. Orange is definitely her color because all her pictures are fantastic.

Quote:
It looks like you guys are synced up in your TRs.
I think we are.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 05-04-2013 at 06:57 PM.
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #1907
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

BOO to the end of the trip! MEK, even though your HHI trip wasn't ideal, at least you got some pretty pictures.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #1908
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures of HH. The lodge building is something special, really liked the room with the nautical decor.

Cynthia, I saw the program that was being filmed on tv this past Thursday night! I recognized the man sitting at the table by the hat he was wearing! They did a segment on the new Fantasy Land & some other things. I think it was Destination America channel. Also the program before that was about the DCL.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #1909
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
BOO to the end of the trip! MEK, even though your HHI trip wasn't ideal, at least you got some pretty pictures.
Well Marissa, my trip is not over yet. I still have a whole night left and I took so many pictures its probably going to take me three updates to get through all of them. I really tried to make the most of my last evening in the world and I really had a great time even though it was just little old me.

I love HHI. If you and your family ever get a chance to go there I highly recommend you do. It's got so many nice Disney touches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Wonderful pictures of HH. The lodge building is something special, really liked the room with the nautical decor.
Thanks. HHI is such a great resort. I definitely recommend to any DISer because its got so many special touches that make it unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Cynthia, I saw the program that was being filmed on tv this past Thursday night! I recognized the man sitting at the table by the hat he was wearing! They did a segment on the new Fantasy Land & some other things. I think it was Destination America channel. Also the program before that was about the DCL.
I have been hearing a lot about that program. But, I actually don't know it I have that channel on my 800 verizon stations. I guess I should check the guide.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #1910
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'm emotionally invested here and suddenly I feel very sad that Cynthia is leaving.

Why do all Disney trips have to end? So we can go again, I guess. :::sigh:::

What a lovely way to end your trip, though! Food and wine and lounging by the pool! Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #1911
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm emotionally invested here and suddenly I feel very sad that Cynthia is leaving.
I felt really sad when she left. Spoiler alert - I head back to the quiet pool after she left and I saw something so cute that she wasn't there to see and I felt really sad.

Quote:
Why do all Disney trips have to end? So we can go again, I guess. :::sigh:::
Exactly!

Quote:
What a lovely way to end your trip, though! Food and wine and lounging by the pool! Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me.
I totally agree. Can't top that!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #1912
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I felt really sad when she left. Spoiler alert - I head back to the quiet pool after she left and I saw something so cute that she wasn't there to see and I felt really sad.
AWWWW!
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #1913
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the job!!!! And yay for being able to keep your June trip!!

HHI looks so pretty!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #1914
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think you would really like it. I don't recommend it for a solo trip, although I'm sure you would have a great time there solo because you meet people wherever you go. But I mean because all the dining is off site. I hate eating too many sit down meals alone.
I hear you on eating alone. Sounds perfect for a couple though..... :
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #1915
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, that looks like a wonderful way to start wrapping up a trip. I would have inhaled the cheese plate before any photos could be taken too.

Mary Ellen, yuuummmmmm that cheese try looks good! I have to try that if they have it this year.
Glad the clown pool wasn't as scary as you thought it would be.
HHI is really stunning. I love the little Mickey touches everywhere!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #1916
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed catching up on all of the updates and pictures this morning. It was nice to see my favorite fence in Canada. Spanish moss takes me instantly back to my days of living in Florida. HHI looks very cozy. Would love to check it out one of these days.

Sweet memories of special friends and special times. It reminds us to be appreciative of each day that we are able to share together.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #1917
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AWWWW!
Yeah - I didn't expect to feel sad when she left, but I did. Fortunately, it didn't last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Congrats on the job!!!! And yay for being able to keep your June trip!!
Thanks and thanks! I am very excited on both counts. And the best part - which I didn't even mention - is I continue to get to work with the surgeon I do know who is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
HHI looks so pretty!!!
It's an absolutely beautiful place. I can't recommend it enough to everyone. It really is the perfect beach vacation because the island the resort are both so unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I hear you on eating alone. Sounds perfect for a couple though..... :
Totally perfect for a couple. There are a lot of activities at the resort and a ton of great dining options near the resort. Plus the next town across the inter coastal - Bluffton - is really neat. They have a market every Thursday afternoon where they just set up booths down one of the main streets. Performers are outside and there are restaurants and antique shops right there. It was pretty cool. I didn't post those pictures yet. I have to do a whole report I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Cynthia, that looks like a wonderful way to start wrapping up a trip. I would have inhaled the cheese plate before any photos could be taken too.
That makes me wonder - Did we both have the cheese plate? Did she have the cheese plate only? Did I actually eat the cheese plate? Hmmmmm - I thought I did? I need to find that darn pass port. My memory is terrible!

Quote:
Mary Ellen, yuuummmmmm that cheese try looks good! I have to try that if they have it this year.
There are seriously SO many wonderful things to try. I really can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Glad the clown pool wasn't as scary as you thought it would be.
Weird, but the clown really wasn't scary at all when you at eye level with it. Who knew? I wonder if we are the only people who fell that way?

Quote:
HHI is really stunning. I love the little Mickey touches everywhere!
There are so many wonderful touches at that resort. It's an absolutely fantastic place and I am so glad I tried it with my GF's. I love it just as much after this trip, if not more. I am certain we will return!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #1918
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great updates, I love seeing all of the yummy things from F&W, although it makes me want to go this year, which I don't think I'll be doing!

Good choice to spend more time with Cynthia, MEK! You're right, you can always ride Soarin', it's better to spend time with friends!

I love the pictures from HHI! I'd really like to go there someday, when I can bring myself to NOT go on a Disney trip!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #1919
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I enjoyed catching up on all of the updates and pictures this morning. It was nice to see my favorite fence in Canada.
Glad you got all caught up! I love that fence in Canada. I think I take a picture of it every trip. Canada is really one of my favorite countries in the world showcase.

Quote:
I Spanish moss takes me instantly back to my days of living in Florida. HHI looks very cozy. Would love to check it out one of these days.
HHI is full of Spanish moss. It is literally everywhere. It is the most tree lined beach resort I have ever visited. There is something very unique about the whole island and the resort. I definitely recommend to everyone. It's got the subtle Disney touches that put you right at home, but its also got the whole beach vacation thing going on. I know you mentioned you liked Tybee and we did manage to get over there one afternoon. It really wasn't far.

Quote:
Sweet memories of special friends and special times. It reminds us to be appreciative of each day that we are able to share together.
Well said!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #1920
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great updates, I love seeing all of the yummy things from F&W, although it makes me want to go this year, which I don't think I'll be doing!
Really? I'm surprised. Are you going at Christmas again? With all you trips I must confess that I am not sure what you future plans hold or if you have even announced any. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Quote:
Good choice to spend more time with Cynthia, MEK! You're right, you can always ride Soarin', it's better to spend time with friends!
Much better indeed. We east coasters are lucky because we generally get to visit Disney more frequently than our west coast friends. Soarin will be there in June!

Quote:
I love the pictures from HHI! I'd really like to go there someday, when I can bring myself to NOT go on a Disney trip!
I know the feeling. I think one of the things that makes HHI so attractive to me is that I can really drive there. It's doable. For you - its still a fairly far drive. But if you ever get the chance to do - do it. There are so many subtle Disney touches, so many relaxing places to visit, and so many great restaurants.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: