Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #1891
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I didn't upgrade to the premium. Denny doesn't even really want me to use the Disney Visa because we get better rewards with our AAA Visa and there is no annual fee. For example, its straight 2% back and then for three months this winter it was 5% back on gas. How can you pass that up? But I like using the Disney visa just so I can have a little bit on a gift card. I'm going to let it roll over and use it in October.

Signing bonus IS important!
Between my Capital One that I use to erase travel expenses and my Discover with the random 5% I hemmed and Hawed over upgrading. The signing bonus sealed the deal for this year. We shall see as time goes on.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1892
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Mary Ellen

Thrilled to hear about the new job and you are still heading to Disney - wonderful news.
Thanks - I am so happy on both accounts. I am so thankful that everything came together so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Glad to hear things are beginning to fall into place and hopefully your life can become a bit less stressful now. Keeping my fingers crossed everything works out as you hope it will!
Thank you! I have definitely been way less stressed this past week. It was really starting to get to me. Phew - what a relief!

Quote:
I am sure your june trip will still be fun, even with not staying on property. The fact that you can step foot inside the parks is good enough.
Exactly! As a bonus trip I really can't be too upset about staying off site. I just hope I like the resort and that it has a decent pool area for relaxing. I love my pool time!

Quote:
I think I would've chosen the Illuminations viewing spot, as well. Can't wait to see if you took some photos, because if you did, I'm sure they are great.

You shall see soon enough! Let's just say that after Cynthia left and I was solo I took A LOT of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm with you. This is the first card I've had with a fee....I'm trying to justify it that the bonus points will outweigh the fee. It did the first year, with the signing bonus; we'll see going forward.

OK - this signing bonus is intriguing me. I know I originally signed up for the card because I got $100 gift card. That was the only way I could get Denny on board with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]All caught up again!

Quote:
Job news is the best news! Congratulations, Mary Ellen. And I am so glad to hear that your June vacation is back on the board as well.
Thanks! Job news is the best news because you can't have Disney without a job to support the Disney habit. I am really happy that the June trip is back on track and that we are flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Yay MEK!! The stars aligned!! The stars aligned!!!

Congratulations on the job and the June trip! I think I am still going to miss you...by a day...but at least you get to go!
Yes - the stars aligned. I am thrilled that we are going. I am bummed I am going to miss you by a day. I wanted to fly in Friday but I may have to go before a credentialing board, so the earliest I could fly in is late Friday night and Denny is sort of balking at that. Fortunately my reservations on SWA so I might be able to talk him into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post
Love the SE pictures..I really did imagine myself riding it. We always make stupid faces when it asks us to take a picture. One time...I had a mohawk...

: rotfl:
OK - that is AWESOME! Thanks for posting! Too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Between my Capital One that I use to erase travel expenses and my Discover with the random 5% I hemmed and Hawed over upgrading. The signing bonus sealed the deal for this year. We shall see as time goes on.
That's exactly what Glen said. Hopefully Cynthia will chime in here too because she has the premiere card. With my AAA card I get these awesome rebate certificates and I have literally paid down my cruise by about $450. I should have another certificate or two coming before my final payment is due. I just love that!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1893
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Getting caught up, so glad you got a new job, it can definitely be scary being between jobs, it's great you will be able to avoid that.

Glad you were able to still make your June trip work out. That's good you were able to get a good price.

Love the WS pics!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #1894
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Congrats!!

I'm glad you're still doing your June trip. That'll be fun and a nice thing before delving into a new job.

Great update. DS also loved the ravioli.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #1895
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Getting caught up, so glad you got a new job, it can definitely be scary being between jobs, it's great you will be able to avoid that.
I was absolutely worried about being between jobs. That was scaring the crap out of me, so I am thrilled it all worked out.

Quote:
Glad you were able to still make your June trip work out. That's good you were able to get a good price.
I booked through priceline. It's a refundable rate and hoping it will end up actually being a good deal - that is if I like the resort - than its a deal.

Quote:
Love the WS pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Congrats!!
Thank you! You know I am quite happy to have that all work out.

Quote:
I'm glad you're still doing your June trip. That'll be fun and a nice thing before delving into a new job.
Absolutely. I feel vacation is essential before changing jobs. Heck, I always feel vacation is essential!

Quote:
Great update. DS also loved the ravioli.
Thanks! That ravioli was really good. Glad I took C's lead and went with it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #1896
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

This will be a bit of a shorter update so we can stay sort of in sync and apparently I did not take many pictures at all towards the end.
Missions completed at MK, not to mention a perfect start to my last day, I headed over to Epcot. That last monorail ride is pretty darn sad too.

So...I decided to document my last visit to the Food and Wine festival this way

Sniff.

Happy Anniversary Epcot!

I had really thought I might end up with some anniversary merchandise but nothing really "grabbed" me, for me. Although interestingly enough since then I downloaded some of the retro icons you see in that picture and use them on my desktop at work.

I headed over to the WS to meet up with Mary Ellen and Christine. If memory serves they were in Italy at a lovely table, just enjoying a drink and each other. As I was now ready for something (or a lot of somethings) myself we headed to the Florida Local kiosk.

White Corn Arepa with Magalista Pork Rillette and Zellwood Sweet Corn Salad. And Florida Orange Groves Hurricane Glass 5, Florida White Sangria.

I LOVED the Pork Rillette, the sangria however was too sweet for me.
It was a little trickier to find a spot to eat but we did and were able to watch the filming going on.

From there, apparently according to my pictures we moved on to Singapore and I got this

Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" sauce. And a glass of Marques de Caceres "Satinela"

Delish!!!

At this point I believe we parted with Christine. It was SO wonderful to hang out with her for a bit, nosh in the sun and sip some wine. The perfect "winding down" for the end of my trip.

After we parted, in a complete trek across the world we headed to Ireland for cheese. Actually we just headed over that way and the menu grabbed us...Kerrygold and all. I have no picture to prove it...perhaps Mary Ellen does?

I do however had a receipt and a memory and my passport. Thank heavens for all of it or I wouldn't have a clue. I had the

Kerrygold Cheese Selection. Irish Aged Cheddar, Dubliner and Cashel Blue Cheese with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread.

Heaven on a plate. I probably have zero pictures as I inhaled it.
Last but not least (and it was next door) Canada for this beauty

Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and "Minus 8" Onion Jam.

Yes, I know it’s not the fillet. I wasn't in the mood. Plus, they had me at "polenta"

Tummy finally full and time closing in on me...what would be next? I still had almost 2 hours before I had to be on the not to magical express.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1897
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

No! You cannot go back home now.

Love the update. F&W is outside our vacation time, so I really live through all of your reports.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1898
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" sauce. And a glass of Marques de Caceres "Satinela"

Delish!!!

This looks really good. I guess I was still too full from the ravioli. I do have a picture of the cheese plate, somewhere.

Cute PP pictures as well!

Old 05-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #1899
MEK
DIS Veteran

Soarin or Cynthia

Soarin or Cynthia

It looks like Cynthia did a great job finishing up her last couple hours in the world at F&W. I, however, must have been too full from that yummy ravioli.

But I did manage to make room for the Kerry gold cheese platter in Ireland

I can verify that we did travel to Canada, because here's a picture!

I had a FP for Soarin, but I needed to make a decision….head back to BWV with Cynthia or stick around and use my FP.

I decided that Soarin will always be there, but Cynthia would not. So I picked Cynthia over Soarin.

We saw Mary Poppins on our way out. I just love Mary Poppins. So serene and refined.

I know its wrong to take pictures of totally random people, but I can't help it when its comes to getting pictures of Mary P.

Goodbye Epcot

When we got back to the Boardwalk Cynthia decided she had some time to hit the pool. And this time we got brave - real brave - and we decided to hit the Clown Pool.

And you know what - that crazy clown wasn't all that scary after all. We actually both really enjoyed the Clown Pool even though neither of us braved the pool.

(sorry random person who appears in this next shot)

It was a perfect afternoon and I was certainly not disappointed that we hit the pool. It was just perfect

AT some point I got a text from Tracy saying that she had just had her makeup done in France and she wanted to know if I was still in the park to come see it. I was bummed that I missed her. I know she looked totally beautiful because later that evening she posted a picture on FB of her with her niece at Victoria's and Alberts. How would I know that was going to be one of the last pictures I would ever see of Tracy.

Sorry. I just have that memory and its so vivid.

Now, just to change the subject, here's a picture of a resort trash can.

So, I'm going to stop here because I am sure Cynthia would like to write about her departure before I do. So I think I'll use the space to post some HHI pictures. Enjoy!

On our way to the island (once we exited I95)

(sorry for the dirt on the windshield)

Getting ready to cross the intercostal

A cell pic of our arrival - note the Mickey glove

Our first sunset

A squirrel in the tree off our back porch

The view from our porch

A better view from our porch

The view from our porch to the marina

Cell pic from my run the first morning. This is the start of the path that goes to the beach

Cell pic from the path - this shows the main lodge which is impossible to photograph in its entirety unless you are on this path

Continued In Next Post.......

Last edited by MEK; 05-04-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #1900
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

The resort pool

Parking lot to the right, marina to the left

Lots of Spanish Moss

The beach house pool

The view of the beach from the beach house

The inside of the beach house

The beach

Back at the resort

The marina

Continued In Next Post....

Last edited by MEK; 05-04-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #1901
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post.....

This building is right next to the main lodge. Great location right on the marsh

The fishing dock

The main lodge

Shadow's dog house

Inside the lodge

The view from the back of the Live Oak Lodge

Another view of the fishing pier

Our map - we were in building 17

I think I'll stop here, but I have plenty more HHI pics to share at a later date.

Up Next....So what's on the agenda after Cynthia leaves

Last edited by MEK; 05-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #1902
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Nice for the morning in EPCOT and having Cynthia do her wandering through the parks and meet up with you.

Thanks for the resort garbage can shout out.

HHI looks amazing. I will eventually get there even though it is the closest to me.

I will staring at the clown in 6 days!!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #1903
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No! You cannot go back home now.
That's exactly what I said - NOOOOOOOOOOO you can't leave. I was really sad when she did actually get on the magical depress. *sniff sniff*

Quote:
Love the update. F&W is outside our vacation time, so I really live through all of your reports.
That's too bad you can't travel to WDW during F&W. It really is a lot of fun! I loved it!

Quote:
Nice for the morning in EPCOT and having Cynthia do her wandering through the parks and meet up with you.
I knew she was just running over to MK to get her T's and do her last minute rides. I think she did that the last time we roomed together, too. But she still hasn't showed us her purchase yet, has she?

Quote:
Thanks for the resort garbage can shout out.
Hey - you never know what kind of pictures you are going to get when you mix an iPhone with sun glare!

Quote:
HHI looks amazing. I will eventually get there even though it is the closest to me.
I think you would really like it. I don't recommend it for a solo trip, although I'm sure you would have a great time there solo because you meet people wherever you go. But I mean because all the dining is off site. I hate eating too many sit down meals alone.

Quote:
I will staring at the clown in 6 days!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!!!! I am so jealous. I am stalking the DVC website everyday to see if my waitlist comes through for October. I've been waiting over a month. I'm getting inpatient.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #1904
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

That Irish cheese plate is making me drool I love me some cheese !! I often wonder how many random pix I am in and who is seeing them !!Do they know I am a pole Dancer and would they care
Hilton Head looks great !! Looking forward to more pix !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #1905
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

MK: Definitely the low light of the trip is when your traveling companion must leave... heck, when you have to leave! It's good to know that you abandoned your FP to spend time with Cynthia!

Thanks for sharing the HHI photos. I don't think I've ever seen photos of the resort/beach. I know you need a re-do of that trip!

So you went to the pool but now clown slide?

Cynthia: I'm completely agreeing with your chicken chipotle sausage and polenta choice! Was the sausage spicy? I'm picturing it having a bit of a bite but even if not, I love polenta.

Such beautiful photos of you at Epcot near the entrance!

It looks like you guys are synced up in your TRs.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: