Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #1876
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Congrats!!!! All your good news makes me want to break out :b anana::ban ana:!!!

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill! When I found out about my new job I did the exact same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
After all that heartache, I am glad things are starting to swing up.
Thanks Pat. I just got to the point last week where I just needed to know one way or another. If I didn't get the job I was ready to move on and intensify my job search. I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Quote:
Nice Morning in EPCOT. Isn't it nice when you can stroll around and just take it all in.
Absolutely. October and F&W is just perfect for that. What I wouldn't give to go back during that type of weather.

Quote:
Nice score on the Illuminations band.
Weren't you the one told me about the Chase lounge giveaways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Congrats on your new job! That's such great news! Great news about June as well.
Thanks and thanks. I am very excited on both counts!

Quote:
You're making me wish I was riding Spaceship Earth this very second!
You and me and probably everyone else. I can smell the burning embers in SE as soon as I see those pictures!

Quote:
AHHH no way! I think you got a picture of Gary from the Disney Parks Blog! So cool! I think he was the one in front of the camera during the filming.
Really? I figured he was someone, I just didn't know who. Thanks for identifying him. It's always cool to watch people getting videotaped at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Congrats on the good news about the job, and your June trip being back on!!! Looks like whether on SE, or in real life, your future is looking UP!!!

Awww - thanks. That's how I feel right now. I am very happy the job and the trip. It's a win-win for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Nice update! The more I ride SE, the more I like it. The past couple of times have definitely been my favorites.

I just love that ride. I have always been a fan and I never tire of it. It's just so classic and it fosters that feeling of anticipation.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #1877
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy to hear about your new job! That's awesome! By the sound of it, it looks like things are picking back up, which is terrific! Very happy for you

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #1878
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

well, I've been reading, but haven't had a chance to comment.

YAY for your new job Mary Ellen! I'm so glad for you - I'm sure that's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders!

and DOUBLE YAY for managing a WDW trip this summer!!
I'm sure it will be a little different off site, but you're still at WDW!!

Cynthia - I hope Kendall's soccer stuff goes well! I can't imagine what that would be like - trying to figure out teams, trips, scholarships, college stuff...I guess I will find out soon enough! (well, not the team part, my kids aren't in team sports).

Love Spaceship Earth - it's just cool. Nothing else to say about it.

I'm pretty sure I tried that ravioli dish too. I am lagging in my TR - hopefully I will get to the F&W stuff soon so I can relive my yummy memories! I'll have to dig out my "passport".
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #1879
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Weren't you the one told me about the Chase lounge giveaways.
I got an email from Disney VISA about the lounge but I think ( MNdisneygirl? maybe ) someone posted on the DIS FB page about the special viewing area for IllumiNAtions, but that part and the fact you had to pick up a wristband for it early did not fully register. Until it was too late of course.

Hopefully they will do it again this year.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #1880
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I agree with Jill... Mary Ellen you deserve a dancing banana dude in congratulations for your new job offer!! ...And one of these special guys!

I love how you just can't stay away from Disney! It has its own magnetic force that sucks you in - yep, pretty sure it does.

Yay for Kathy still getting to see you!

Back to your TR...How do you get such clear amazing photos in SE?? You must know how to use a camera! Me not so much! I like to say that I'm from Turkey or Switzerland (Turkey & Swiss! ha!) that way my photo flies far far away.

You know way too many people NOT to have a random or planned Dismeet every day! That's so cool.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #1881
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Mary Ellen

Thrilled to hear about the new job and you are still heading to Disney - wonderful news.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #1882
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Congrats on the job !! I imagine that nurse practictioners are in pretty high demand. I had a nurse practictioner that I LOVED. She really listened and understood me. I was so sad and lost when she got married and moved away. I still miss her.
I love being an NP. I actually decided it was what I wanted to do because I loved the NP I took my kids to when they were little. I never scheduled with the pediatrician, always the NP because she was so awesome. So I know exactly what you mean.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope Denny is feeling better and that you love your new job.
Thanks. He is feeling really well and I am looking forward to starting my new job.

Quote:
We got that same thing from the Italy booth a couple of years ago and and I had to go back and get two more for the kids who LOVED it. They were disappointed that didn't have it at the Flower and Garden booths this last trip.
It really was good and nicely filling. Sometimes those different foods are very tasty, but not very filling. This was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We've already talked on FB, but you know how happy I am that your June trip is back on. I was having major depression that I wasn't going to meet you. I'm so glad our breakfast is still on.
I am so happy, too! And, hopefully, Denny will want to join us for breakfast. Now that my brother's family is not going he's stuck with just me. He really enjoys CMC and is starting to get used to DIS meets. He's not 100% yet, but he's definitely getting closer. Mark and Glen did a good job of breaking him in last summer!

Quote:
Love your Spaceship Earth photos, as always. And glad to see you had a "healthy and safe" trip into the future.
Nothing like a healthy and safe trip to make my day! I don't think I ever chose that sequence before, but I wanted to try something different!

Quote:
Mark and I never did get to sample any of the booths the one day we were there for F&G. I love the looks of that ravioli thing you got...it looks yummy.
C ordered it first and I remember thinking "why not". It was definitely a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I have to see the Bears since they changed it up. Nice pics..
I guess I really should too. I honestly can't remember when I saw it last - yup - its been that long!

Quote:
I so agree about the parade at MK. .
Seems the general consensus is that parade has got to go!
Thank you so much! I am really thrilled to have a new job to move into.

Quote:
Nice pics in DHS. The PP pic during running looks good. .
Thanks! I actually can't believe I was brave enough to pose in my running clothes. Clearly I was throwing caution to the wind on my last few days.

Quote:
Oh you should try Rose & Crown..
I ate there once about 3 years ago and I really enjoyed it. Since then I have scheduled countless reservations there and I always end up changing them. I have no idea why it works out that way. But you will be happy to know that I scheduled an ADR there for June! And I intend on showing up and not canceling!

Quote:
I thought the Segway tour was canceled?.
That's what I heard. So I guess October was one of the last months where it was still running.

Quote:
Congrats on the job.
Hope the hotel is nice. If the reviews say it is then I would not worry to much. I love tripadvisor. .
Thanks!

I love Trip Advisor, too. I won't stay anywhere without reading the TA reviews. The reviews here were mostly glowing (like 98% positive). I think the only potential drawback will be the longer drive, but we'll manage!

Quote:
Nice SE pics..
Thanks!

Quote:
Mmmm, Morocco. Love that place to eat..
Me too! The QS is SO good. I only discovered it last June and I can't wait to eat there again.

Quote:
All caught up ladies.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #1883
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I am so happy for you that everything is working on out on the job and vacation fronts!
Thanks! I am thrilled. It was really stressful knowing my job was ending and I didn't have a replacement.

Quote:
I love me some Spaceship Earth. Your pictures came out beautifully. Makes me nostalgic, in a good way.
Spaceship Earth is one of my absolute favorites. It reminds me of when my kids were little. They absolutely loved that ride and it was a given that we had to ride on every Epcot visit.

Quote:
It sounds like a lovely time afterwards, noshing and vino-ing.
Perfect combination, isn't it? I just can't say enough about F&W. It was such an awesome experience.

BTW - How is you family? I hope all is going well with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Conratulations on the good news! I'm glad things are finally starting to fall into place for you.
Thanks! I knew things would feel better and fall into place better when I got a job. I just was at the point where I needed to know whether I got this job or whether I needed to really intensify my search.

Quote:
Growing up we always stayed off property. Now, I can hardly even consider that possibility. If it makes the difference between affording a trip or not going though, staying off property would be a no brainer. I hope you enjoy the resort.
We really were not planning to go this summer. But my brother practically begged us to go with him. Originally they wanted us to book again on points and pay our annual fee, but we just didn't have the points. I suggested VRBO for them. Because they found a great 4 BR property they asked us to stay with them, so we said yes. I think once you get in your head that you are going, its hard to give that up. I hope we like the resort. I am up for one off-site adventure. One and one only!

Quote:
It isn't just you... I think they've been used and abused to the point that pressure on the screen in one corner is pretty much spread over the whole pad.
Hmmmm - that's a theory that I will have to agree with. The only thing is I haven't been able to hit the right spot for years. I think I have klutzy fingers.

Quote:
I didn't realize they had things like that there. A nice little bonus!
It is nice that they do that, so, of course, I had to take advantage.

Quote:
That looks awesome!
It really was yummy and nicely filling!

Quote:
And it just made me realize that I'm hungry. Very, very hungry.
I have the hardest time going on the DIS when its close to lunch for exactly that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First and foremost, a big CONGRATS! on the new job. I'm sure that you've got it in the bag.
Thanks! I feel very fortunate that I got the job because I am sure there were other qualified candidates. I prepared myself for the worst, just in case.

Quote:
I was happy to read that your trip to Disney is back on. We used to stay offsite and, while it wasn't the same as staying onsite, I'll take staying offsite over not going at all.
Since we were planning on staying off-site right from the very beginning on this trip I'm fine with it. I have it in my head that its that way and I have an open mind. Plus I like to try new things, so we'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Great pictures on Spaceship Earth! Mine never turn out and are, most times, blurry.
You have to put your camera on the Tv setting (shutter speed) Then lower the shutter speed to let light in and you'll get some clear pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So happy toi hear abou the new job!
And I am so happy you do get to make it down to Florida in June.
Thanks and thanks. It's definitely a win-win situation. I am happy we are going to have a couples vacation. I think we need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Your morning looks great and how nice to meet up with Christine.
I was pretty psyched we ran into C. Totally random that we were walking right by each other. It was nice that we got to hang out for a bit.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #1884
amazingact21
Upendi

Glad to hear things are beginning to fall into place and hopefully your life can become a bit less stressful now. Keeping my fingers crossed everything works out as you hope it will!

I am sure your june trip will still be fun, even with not staying on property. The fact that you can step foot inside the parks is good enough.

I think I would've chosen the Illuminations viewing spot, as well. Can't wait to see if you took some photos, because if you did, I'm sure they are great.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #1885
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I got suckered I mean upgraded tot eh premier card. I usually have a rule that I don't pay annual fees, they pay me but I guess I offset the annual fee. At least I am trying to.
I need to check to see if I got my signing bonus.
I'm with you. This is the first card I've had with a fee....I'm trying to justify it that the bonus points will outweigh the fee. It did the first year, with the signing bonus; we'll see going forward.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #1886
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up again!

Job news is the best news! Congratulations, Mary Ellen. And I am so glad to hear that your June vacation is back on the board as well.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #1887
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

Yay MEK!! The stars aligned!! The stars aligned!!!

Congratulations on the job and the June trip! I think I am still going to miss you...by a day...but at least you get to go!

Love the SE pictures..I really did imagine myself riding it. We always make stupid faces when it asks us to take a picture. One time...I had a mohawk...

: rotfl:

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13, Pop Century '13

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
disneydancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #1888
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's great news about the new job and the trip still being in the works.
I am very, very happy about that. Thanks!

Quote:
Hey, we were just talking on my thread how DISers often end up sharing a lot of personal information, but this is taking it to a whole new level!:

Good one!

Quote:
Were these types of Chase giveaways part of F&W or is there always something available? I've got that premier card and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on freebies (that I've paid for via the annual fee, if you know what I mean).

F&W from what I understand. Just flash your Disney Visa and you're in! The lounge is a nice little hang out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Congrats on all the great news, especially the new job! That's so great that it worked out, and hopefully it will be a great environment.

Thanks! I am very excited. I used to work at this hospital and the unit I will be working in is really laid out well. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Yay for June still being on! Staying offsite can have its downsides, but hey, at least you will be in Disney, right? I had a much easier time getting used to it than I would have thought, and we always had an easy time getting to the parks from Kissimmee.
I am very excited to have this June vacation to look forward to! I know you stay off-site and you make out great. I do think it will be nice to have a bigger place. I am also glad we are not staying in a strip hotel. I stayed in Kissimmee once before and I found the access easy. Of course, that was a while OK, but I think it will work out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for all this good news
Thanks Pam! I'm very excited that everything worked out with the job and the trip. I have been really excited about planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg ahaha I love the pics of your Future you look so happy with whoever that guy is Fez???
He does look like Fez from that 70's show!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #1889
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Glad to hear it! Is that in the new facility? I use the Park & Ride next door every day.
Nope - Its actually at the mecca! That's what we call it at work now. Either way - no more I95!

Quote:
I would have a hard time skipping it too. I'm glad you will be able to get away in June, though. Makes sense to use up that vacation time!
I am using it all up! I am so happy that we will be vacationing in June! I want to have some free time before I start my new job. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
DISmeet!
I am very excited to meet Kathy. I met Mary and the girls last October. Those girls are lovely. I am very excited!

Quote:
Ah...I can smell the fake smoke already.
I love the burning embers smell! I can almost smell it just thinking about it.

Quote:
That's ok. Julie put us in Michigan one time.
Really? I couldn't even manage to stay in the continental USA!

Quote:
Mmmm...meat and cheese...
It was really good!

Quote:
Yay!
I absolutely loved F&W. It was so much fun. I can't say enough good things about it.

Quote:
Boo.
I know - I was so sad when Cynthia left! We had such a great time. It's always hard when a trip comes to an end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Whew! Big sigh of relief that you got the job! Fingers crossed your credentialing goes through quickly! God knows it can be a pain in the backside, especially the governmental payers. Also super glad you all get to go in June and I hope you have a much more restful vacation this time!

Thanks! I got my credentialing packet in yesterday so I hope everything goes through quickly! I am shocked at how much paperwork it is to apply for a job and get credentialed. I've been at my current job for 11 years and I don't remember it being anywhere this labor intensive. I am really looking forward to a June vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
So glad to hear you may have a new job! Looks like things are starting to fall in place in your life. Congrats!
Thanks Doris! I am very happy about the new job and the June trip! Can't wait !

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
First Congrats on the new job!!!
Thanks Rosie! I am very happy things worked out with the job I wanted.

Quote:
Great pix of F & W too , that ravioli morsel does look yummy!!!
That ravioli was really tasty. I will definitely be chowing down on that the next time I hit F&W!

Quote:
I only have 4 more sleeps till my cruise !!
Woo Hoo! Now only THREE more sleeps! I hope you have the best time ever and I certainly hope you are feeling better than you were a few days ago!

Quote:
OMG I know. Leave it to Glen. That was too funny!

Quote:
It was part of it this year ( 2012) The Chase lounge was in the festival center and I got an email but totally forgot about the VIP area for Illuminations and did not realize it was also for eat to the beat.
IT really is a nice little perk. I'm glad I found out about it and I'll be flashing that Visa next year, for sure!

Quote:
I hope they do it again this year. Yeah I got suckered I mean upgraded tot eh premier card. I usually have a rule that I don't pay annual fees, they pay me but I guess I offset the annual fee. At least I am trying to.
I need to check to see if I got my signing bonus.
I didn't upgrade to the premium. Denny doesn't even really want me to use the Disney Visa because we get better rewards with our AAA Visa and there is no annual fee. For example, its straight 2% back and then for three months this winter it was 5% back on gas. How can you pass that up? But I like using the Disney visa just so I can have a little bit on a gift card. I'm going to let it roll over and use it in October.

Signing bonus IS important!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #1890
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I'm so happy to hear about your new job! That's awesome! By the sound of it, it looks like things are picking back up, which is terrific! Very happy for you
Thanks! I am very happy that I got the job and that I we are going back to Disney in June. I feel like a really need a good couples trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
well, I've been reading, but haven't had a chance to comment.
I know that feeling!

Quote:
YAY for your new job Mary Ellen! I'm so glad for you - I'm sure that's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders!
You said that perfectly. That's exactly how I felt. I would wake up every day and feel that weight and it didn't feel good. I'm nervous about starting a new job, but I am so happy to have one.

Quote:
and DOUBLE YAY for managing a WDW trip this summer!!
I'm sure it will be a little different off site, but you're still at WDW!!
It will be a little different, that's for sure. But honestly, if I like the resort and can settle in then I'll be good. It's going to be a further drive, but I think we can handle that. As long as the pool area is relaxing I'll be good. You know I love my pool time!

Quote:
Cynthia - I hope Kendall's soccer stuff goes well! I can't imagine what that would be like - trying to figure out teams, trips, scholarships, college stuff...I guess I will find out soon enough! (well, not the team part, my kids aren't in team sports).
I really hope it all works out well, too! It's a stressful time when a kid wants to play a sport at the college level.

Quote:
Love Spaceship Earth - it's just cool. Nothing else to say about it.
Yup - that pretty much sums it up!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I tried that ravioli dish too. I am lagging in my TR - hopefully I will get to the F&W stuff soon so I can relive my yummy memories! I'll have to dig out my "passport".
That ravioli dish was excellent. I have no idea what I did with my passport. I am going to do better next year keeping track of it. I'm glad you said you were behind because I know I haven't read one of your updates in awhile. I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Quote:
I got an email from Disney VISA about the lounge but I think ( MNdisneygirl? maybe ) someone posted on the DIS FB page about the special viewing area for IllumiNAtions, but that part and the fact you had to pick up a wristband for it early did not fully register. Until it was too late of course.
I don't remember getting that email, but who knows? I get so many darn emails. You know how that goes.

Too late? bummer - sorry you never got to do it.

Quote:
Hopefully they will do it again this year.

I really hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I agree with Jill... Mary Ellen you deserve a dancing banana dude in congratulations for your new job offer!! ...And one of these special guys!
I love the dancing dude. Thank you!!!!! I am very happy that I was offered the job. Huge relief.

Quote:
I love how you just can't stay away from Disney! It has its own magnetic force that sucks you in - yep, pretty sure it does.
Yup - it sure does. And when you live on the east coast its just so easy to go. 2 hour flight and there you are! I think DVC and Disney in general really targets people living in the mid atlantic region. We just flock there.

Quote:
Yay for Kathy still getting to see you!
I am very excited to meet Kathy. She is a DIS board super star. And I love that she has made some amazing friends from the DIS boards. That's so cool.

Quote:
Back to your TR...How do you get such clear amazing photos in SE?? You must know how to use a camera! Me not so much! I like to say that I'm from Turkey or Switzerland (Turkey & Swiss! ha!) that way my photo flies far far away.

I actually put my camera in the Tv mode and adjust the shutter speed. That helps get the light in. As long as the camera is relatively still I can get a decent picture, even though I have to lighten them up a bit.

Quote:
You know way too many people NOT to have a random or planned Dismeet every day! That's so cool.
I'm not sure about every day , but I love having at least one DIS meet per trip. October was wonderful because of all the DIS meets we managed to have.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: