Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #1816
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am fianlly caught up. I did skip a lot of the chit chat.

I am so glad College is decided on.
I am hoping everything looks up for Denny from here on out. What a scare that was.

I hope you find your perfect job very soon. Good things come to those who wait...I know you are smart and terrific and you should find something soon.

What a bummer about your summer trip. I have anxiety, but never enough to stop traveling...I actually get it when I don't travel.
My grandmother was that way though and my grandpa finally just said, I am leaving at this time and if you are going be in the car and she would miraculously be there. It's too bad your brither has tha, but if I was SIL, I would still go.

Loving the updates!
I am not a fan of the Country bears, but Skip loves them. He loves that blood in a bucket song. It's the one thing he most remembers from his childhood trip. He now takes Claire in it when we go. I have seen int once or twice and no need for me to rush back.
I do like that it is still there and a classic though. I think some of the bears recently got a makeover, which was good because they were looking pretty sad last time I went.

MEK, you got some fabulous running pictures with photopass. If that was me, I would look half dead.....because I would be since I just don't run.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #1817
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I'm here! (Better late than never!)

Thank Goodness you have post links; I'm diving in right now!!

Kathy
Quote:
Whew! Took me the entire day (off and on) but I did it! I read the entire report!

This is making me so excited for my Sisters-Only trip in October -- adult trips are definitely special!

Cynthia, I'm on pins and needles to see which t-shirts make it into your shopping bag!

Mary Ellen, I hope everything works out with your job. I quit mine after 11 years and couldn't find another position I liked for quite some time. Feels so strange to be a nurse who is unable to find a job! That's what happens when you specialize...

You were spot-on about insisting that Denny get that stress test... so glad he is okay!

Kathy
Kathys back!!!! So good to "see" you. Missed you around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I still have my feet and my gloves AND my wig! I just couldn't part with them. I'm sure I will never use them again, but I'm not ready to part with them.

You can thank Cynthia for the creative costume idea. It really was brilliant!

I still have mine too!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #1818
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Another day caught up on, i'm getting there! I'd really like to stay at the Boardwalk one day and spend more time in that area. As a past Disney Bride I can agree that they do a wonderful job. I don't know if anyone else answered but The Attic is a location for wedding receptions or other events. You can see some photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...-photos/attic/

I feel for you getting ill just before the fireworks, thats happened to me as well. Where's Captains Grille you mentioned?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #1819
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I fell just few pages behind... like 8 or so.. I wish I could just play on dis... but then I would get nothing else done.

Mary Ellen, I hope that both your mil and your dad are doing better. Isn't it funny/odd... getting older and now being the one who has to worry about your parents rather than your parent worrying about you. (not that a parent ever stops worrying about their child... but you know what I mean)

and congrats to Nick on his decision!

glad to hear that Max is doing better.

Also glad Denny is doing better. I imagine you are quite the asset to him.

I wish the June trip could have been worked out. Nothing more sad than canceling a trip.

I am so sorry about how stressful your job situation must be!!! I definitely will keep you in my prayers.

LOVE the running pic! It definitely turned out good!!!

What great shots in WS! I take it that it was not yet open?

Cynthia, I am not sure why... but I LOVE the bears! The weird songs... they just crack me up. Also.. the animatronics while are not the best make me feel just a bit nostalgic.

I agree with you regarding the parade in that... it needs to be updated. I do enjoy it... but you are right... it seems to ALWAYS be going on...and has each and ever trip that I have taken.

those crowds definitely were on the high side...

Love the windows on Main st.

Sorry it was the last of your MK moments... that is always rough.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #1821
disneydancer86
Mouseketeer

Oh, Mary Ellen...! I am so sorry to hear about your struggles right now, but what is meant to happen will happen. I will be crossing my fingers and toes for great things to come along for you!!!

As for your trip being cancelled, my sadness is also a little selfish because I was looking forward to possibly meeting you!! Maybe the stars will align and something will work out for you to go before your next trip.

@Poolrat....thanks for posting the crayon pics!!! HAHA I knew it was you that originally posted about those. I can't wait to look for them in the queue!

@Cynthia...I had that "last day" feeling. I always tear up!! I'm so DISpoiled...

Great updates! It will be bittersweet to read more...I hate last days and unmagical expresses!!!

Polynesian '88, '89, '90, Fort Wilderness '98, Walt Disney Hilton '09, Coronado Springs '10, Wilderness Lodge '11, All Star-Music Dance the World '12, Animal Kingdom Lodge '12-13

disneydancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #1822
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so stressful for you lately!!! That's wonderful that the college decision has been made, it sounds like a great choice!!

I hope the job situation is resolved soon, and you find something you enjoy!!

Quote:

Stringbean? Are you ready????

Awww thanks for posting that!!! It feels like it's coming up SO fast!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #1823
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Finally all caught up. Sorry your trip to Hilton Head sucked so much Mary Ellen but glad to hear it wasn't even worse.

Love the sunset photos on the way to the studios.

I think I may have missed some news along the way, which college did Nick pick?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #1824
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just keeping up Mary Ellen !! I have not been on the Dis much as I have felt sooo rotten but I think I am on the mend with the help of lots of med s!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #1825
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, Thanks for that flashback ... I haven't been to the Country Bear Jamboree in forever... Disney Classic...

Mary Ellen, Oh MY... not sure where to start...

Super Congrats on Nick choosing his college... Delaware is a great school & (hurray for the in state tuition... ... not to mention the relief in just having the decision all made...)

Wow though on the rest of the stuff you're dealing with... That's a whole lot of stuff... parents, sibs, and the job situ... I really wish I could right something eloquent right now to make you feel better but it's been a long day and I'm feeling a bit off... but I am sending lots of good thoughts, wishes and prayers down your way... and another great big hug as well...

Maybe a walk and some lovely flowers will make you feel a little better... That trip to Longwood is right around the corner...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #1826
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you looked that great during your run! I would have looked like a hot mess!

FYI- they cancelled all of the segway tours!! They are no longer I really wanted to try one one day too!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #1827
GoofyFan1515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I probably sound like more of a parade hater than I am, that one just never did anything for me and it feels like it has been the same forever...

Did I read somewhere there might be a new parade coming in 2014??? If so, we both might get our wish!!!

As for the Segway tours I heard they have discontinued those. (and MEK confirmed below it seems)

Quote:
We are a bit of a challenge, aren't we?
Yes, but I think I was warned about that going in...........

Quote:
They definitely do make it easy to draw the characters. My drawing never looks like theirs, but the resemblance is always there.
They have to make it easy if MY drawing is to have a resemblance!

Quote:
The cardiologist looked at Denny's study and was really happy with the result of his stent. That is making Denny seem a lot more relaxed.
Great News!!!

Quote:
A truck? Now you are comparing Bo to a TRUCK????? For shame!
At least it wasn't a Wrecker..........

Quote:
Maybe I'm not running hard enough.
You need to work on that Missy!!!

Quote:
Well, according to the experts they have stopped the segway tours. How sad. They really were fun. Expensive, but fun!
Well crud! Guess I waited too long!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I still have mine too!!!
Next DISMeet you'll all have to wear them!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #1828
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post

Cynthia - thanks for the Country Bears pics and the words to the songs - I love the bears - havent seen them for years though as they aren't at DL anymore and my family weren't keen when we went to WDW

I love Big Al and have 2 of them sitting on my bed at home along with Sully - I know weird eh There's something about big, chubby, hairy beasts
How can you not love Big Al!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I have so much catching up to do...

Cynthia: I love your trip wish list - especially the waffle sandwich. I can finally say that I tried one for the first time last summer. Oh so good!
They sounded SO yummy!

Quote:
Country Bear Jamboree - what great memories your photo tour brought back! For DL when they converted the attraction to the Winnie the Pooh ride they kept the heads for Melvin, Buff, and Max on the back of the wall of the last room before the ride concludes. It so cool how they preserve something of the original attraction when they re-engineer.
Next time I get to DL I will have to check that out, that is SO cool!

Quote:
So you are saying that you don't Twist and Shout during the Celebrate It parade! I just like the song at the end (Time of your Life) since it was the parade song from our Grand Marshal gig. Sentimental for sure!
Well I do like that song, I'm just over the parade itself!

Quote:
You look lovely in your orange top! So befitting the pumpkin themed photo at MK!
Dumb luck, not planned at all but I was awfully happy with the picture I must admit.

Quote:

Kathy
Kathy!

So happy to have you here :

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks for providing the lyrics!

I wouldn't propose changing the lyrics one iota. I think the animatronics could be improved though to make the movements look more lifelike. You know, more like how singing bears really look.

you know, more like how singing bears really look.

okay....

I wouldn't change the lyrics either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
another day caught up on. I will def be trying Le Frous Brew and I so want those B&B pillows but they'll take up a lot of luggage space so will have to take less clothes!
Or buy a duffle bag once there...

Quote:
I'd def like to stay at WL one day and am a big Poly fan so lovely to see your photos.
I love the grounds at both of them, just lovely and the Poly has some pretty great food that's for sure. I"m very glad we pool hopped there.

Quote:
I've never done the tikki room, might have to try that next trip but I do have a soft spot for COP.
I liked the new management version better but I do still like it overall even if I am in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm finally caught up!

And you didn't even know I was here.

eandesmom, I'm lovin' your part of this report as well as MEK's! Sounds like you had a lovely time together.
TK! nope, didn't know you were here so thanks for delurking my friend!

We had a lovely lovely time

Quote:
No hijack! Seriously. I know what you guys are going through. Been there. Done that! Not going back!
O
M
G

She heard from Vanderbilt finally after the college ID camp, got a great eval.

They want to see her again

Quote:
I still have my feet and my gloves AND my wig! I just couldn't part with them. I'm sure I will never use them again, but I'm not ready to part with them.
I left out the other parts but I still have all of it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Cynthia - I'm so with you on CBJ! The first time I had seen it was at Disneyland as a little girl and had watched it up until they took it out in 2001. In fact, I missed it in 2001 by a few days because we were there during 9/11 and it had closed a few days before But when I found out it was still at WDW I was extremely happy. A dated, but great show
I missed in in 2001 for that very same reason, we were there about a month after 9/11.

Quote:
Whew! Took me the entire day (off and on) but I did it! I read the entire report!

This is making me so excited for my Sisters-Only trip in October -- adult trips are definitely special!

Cynthia, I'm on pins and needles to see which t-shirts make it into your shopping bag!

Kathy
More than one did that's for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I have been under the weather the past week and not dissing too much. Finally made a Doctor appointment for tomorrow . I am not taking any risks with not getting theis taken care of before my cruise !!
I'm glad you are getting checked out Rosie, it's always a good idea before a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Loving the updates!
I am not a fan of the Country bears, but Skip loves them. He loves that blood in a bucket song. It's the one thing he most remembers from his childhood trip. He now takes Claire in it when we go. I have seen int once or twice and no need for me to rush back.
I do like that it is still there and a classic though. I think some of the bears recently got a makeover, which was good because they were looking pretty sad last time I went.
None of the bears looked sad so maybe? The songs are pretty darn funny

Quote:

I still have mine too!!!
YAY! For everyone keeping random costume parts

Quote:
Another day caught up on, i'm getting there! I'd really like to stay at the Boardwalk one day and spend more time in that area. As a past Disney Bride I can agree that they do a wonderful job. I don't know if anyone else answered but The Attic is a location for wedding receptions or other events. You can see some photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...-photos/attic/

I feel for you getting ill just before the fireworks, thats happened to me as well. Where's Captains Grille you mentioned?
CG is in the Yacht Club, it was a wonderful lunch! I'd love to have an event at thew Attic someday... or heck, anywhere at Disney for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I fell just few pages behind... like 8 or so.. I wish I could just play on dis... but then I would get nothing else done.
Me too, the minute I get caught up...I get WAY behind again.

Quote:
Cynthia, I am not sure why... but I LOVE the bears! The weird songs... they just crack me up. Also.. the animatronics while are not the best make me feel just a bit nostalgic.
Bear fans are DEFINITELY beating the non bear fans! YAY! It absolutely cracks me up, I am so glad I went. Although I bet the E's could be like... While Jeff laughs his patootie off.

Quote:
I agree with you regarding the parade in that... it needs to be updated. I do enjoy it... but you are right... it seems to ALWAYS be going on...and has each and ever trip that I have taken.

those crowds definitely were on the high side...

Love the windows on Main st.

Sorry it was the last of your MK moments... that is always rough.
Yes, Always is exactly it! Too much of anything is often not a good thing.

Very sad to be at the last day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Cynthia - looks like you got your wish! They are updating the afternoon parade!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQs0k...pNWcVKwtwVQkbg

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/04/24/m...live-coverage/
I saw that! SO happy, although I'm betting it will be done AFTER both of my 2014 trips

Guess I'll see in in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydancer86 View Post

@Cynthia...I had that "last day" feeling. I always tear up!! I'm so DISpoiled...

Great updates! It will be bittersweet to read more...I hate last days and unmagical expresses!!!
Last day is always bittersweet that is for sure. Thank heavens for late flights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Cynthia, Thanks for that flashback ... I haven't been to the Country Bear Jamboree in forever... Disney Classic...
I hadn't either, glad I made the time for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Did I read somewhere there might be a new parade coming in 2014??? If so, we both might get our wish!!!
we did get our wish! Though I don't think it will be in time for my next trips....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Next DISMeet you'll all have to wear them!
Umm...not.
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #1829
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
- awesome picture while running MEK
Thanks!

Quote:
-- Great last MK morning Cynthia! Cute orange top pictures on Main street.
I love that picture, too!

Quote:
-- love WS with no people in it!
Who doesn't? Seriously so cool!

Quote:
-- Country Bears - seen it once. I'm good.
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
-- sorry for all the troubles with family stuff. I know it's hard with aging parents and all.
It definitely is a challenge but its all part of life.

Quote:
-- hope the June trip works out - that can be really difficult when suffering with anxiety.
Well, the trip is off, but it may be on again in a different form.

Quote:
-- Cynthia - also hope your big family trip gets sorted out. I know I would not want to have 5 teen boys to be responsible for!

Quote:
-- Congrats to Nick on choosing his college. Sounds like a good choice.
Thanks. I think its a good choice although some of his classmates are giving the UD students a hard time for staying in Delaware. That's sort of bumming him out.

Quote:
-- Glad Denny and the cat are doing well (didn't really mean to lump them together that way, but you get it)
Yeah, I get it. Still funny though!

Quote:
-Personal questions
Cynthia - I know you do work out, but may I ask how frequently? You look just so slim and trim in that black dress on your night at DHS! I remember you rocking the bikini from your cruise TR too, and just wondered what kind of undertaking and effort is involved.
I think she has good genes. And let me just say that standing in pictures with Cynthia is intimidating.

Quote:
-MEK - how often do you run? Do you do other exercise too?
I really need to start a little program and just hate most forms of exercise. Plus I have some physical issues that limit things. Any tips or ideas are welcome.
I try to run 4-5 X a week. Right now I am doing nothing else, but I'm at my best physical when I do a weight training program. It's nothing super hard and its designed for middle age woman. It just helps with overall toning and flexibility. I really need to get back to it. In the cooler weather I alternate between running on the road and running on the treadmill. Treadmill is boring but good for intervals (and for catching up on crap TV).

Quote:
Thank you for sharing all the fitness information! I appreciate your willingness to be so open and honest. It really does help to hear other people's stories. I'm motivated for the spring (what little of it we have) and summer due to our cruise in August. Not that I plan on wearing a bikini in Alaska, but there will be pictures, and I want to look good! For me, I've just not had any energy and I know exercise will help that. Now that the temp might stay above 45, I can get back to my outside walking at lunchtimes.
I heard the weather is getting nicer out in the midwest, so I hope you are finally having some spring motivation. I know I am might more motivated when its warm, dry, and light outside. Every winter I say I will stay motivated, but I never do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MaryEllen, I am so sorry to hear this. Selfishly because I was so looking forward to meeting you. But mostly I am sorry for you and Denny and the uncertainty with a job. I'll keep good thoughts going for you.
Well, as you already know from our FB conversation, all hope is not lost yet. Still working out the final details.

Quote:
AWwww MAry Ellen I am sorry the trip is off.
I know you were looking forward to having a trip with some Disney "likers" this time.

I hope you do get some time off and find something you will like to do.
Well, Pat there is some good news coming on both of those fronts. If I ever get caught up with replies I will post a promising update!

Quote:
Dang girl, that stinks!

Maybe you could go to Tennessee around the 4th of July and go to the big DISmeet?
That is totally cool about the DISmeet and I love TN. How fun would that be?

Quote:
It's so hard to have all those things going at once, and then have stuff up in the air about the future. Hang in there!! Something will work out - just keep the faith and have patience (something I'm not good at!)
Thanks Sheree. There is actually some good news that I have to share. I think I dodged a bullet in several ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It is NOT over, it will just change. I know it's hard. I'd never been out of a job in my life and survived 2 layoffs in 4 years. You will get through this, it will be good, perhaps even amazing or better at some point.

Faith
Trust
and
Pixie Dust

I know you have all three

Thanks Cynthia. Those are some very positive remarks. I know a lot of people have been laid off and have survived. I know I could survive it too, but, thankfully, it doesn't look like I will have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I echo what everyone else has said. Hang in there.

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill! I really appreciate your positive thoughts and things are definitely looking up!

Quote:
AWWW!! Mary Ellen, that is such a shame bout the trip

Good luck on the job front

I am a firm believer things happen for a reason but must admit there are times I do wonder what the reason is.
Thanks for the positive thoughts and I definitely agree that things happen for a reason. Things are definitely looking up on the job front and the vacation front. I'll share soon!

Quote:
Cynthia - thanks for the Country Bears pics and the words to the songs - I love the bears - havent seen them for years though as they aren't at DL anymore and my family weren't keen when we went to WDW

I love Big Al and have 2 of them sitting on my bed at home along with Sully - I know weird eh There's something about big, chubby, hairy beasts
I think that's so cool that you have Big AL and Sully. After watching Monsters Inc down in HHI, I have to say that I have acquired quite the fondness for Sully. I forgot how adorable he is.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #1830
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have so much catching up to do...

Cynthia: I love your trip wish list - especially the waffle sandwich. I can finally say that I tried one for the first time last summer. Oh so good!
I am putting that waffle sandwich on my wish list too. Glad to hear its gets a good endorsement!

Quote:

Country Bear Jamboree - what great memories your photo tour brought back! For DL when they converted the attraction to the Winnie the Pooh ride they kept the heads for Melvin, Buff, and Max on the back of the wall of the last room before the ride concludes. It so cool how they preserve something of the original attraction when they re-engineer.
That does sound cool. I would love to get to DL to see it someday.

Quote:
So you are saying that you don't Twist and Shout during the Celebrate It parade! I just like the song at the end (Time of your Life) since it was the parade song from our Grand Marshal gig. Sentimental for sure!
Well, maybe if Cynthia was with Pat and I and a couple adult beverages we all would.

Quote:
You look lovely in your orange top! So befitting the pumpkin themed photo at MK!
I agree - that picture is adorable.

Quote:
MK: My goodness so much in life is going on!
First, I truly wish you the best with your job search. You have such awesome credentials and job history so it's just another fork in the road. You will do well! Sorry that you had to make the decision to cancel June's trip. (Kathy, I feel for you! I would have looked forward to seeing Mary Ellen too!)
Well, things are looking up in the job department and the trip. It was actually my brother's decision to cancel. I was going -job or no job. He had paid for the accommodations and we were staying as his guest. But than when we had to retool it with paying our accommodations we had to start considering the job stuff and how responsible it would be. But things are definitely righting themselves.

Quote:
Glad to hear that Denny is doing well. He's fortunate to have you looking out for him. Sorry that you carry the burden of considering options for your parents and assisted living.
Thank you! The parent situation would be so much easier if my mom wasn't so stubborn.

And Denny is doing great. Finally starting to relax.

Quote:
Whew! College decision done! Sounds like the choice makes perfect sense!
I think its a great choice for him. He's still a little ambivalent. With Delaware being such a small state so many kids make it their goal to leave and look negatively on UD. Some of Nick's friends are making negative comments and that is bumming him out. But he knows he will be fine and he's about to make a whole new set of friends.

Quote:
As for your TR updates....
Awwww …. Yes, YC now takes on a whole new perspective when we see that view of the hotel.
Such a gorgeous hotel!

Quote:
You look FABULOUS for your run and love the outfit! Love the blue color! Sheesh! When I run I don't look nearly that good!
Somehow I doubt that, but thank you! I do like thank tank top. It's actually cute. Most of my other running stuff is just functional.

Quote:
At DHS, I'm totally fine with Bo getting love from another woman... Ok, someone needs to keep him company when I'm not around!
I think it's great that we all want to share Bo!

Quote:
I think I remembered everything I wanted to say...

Thank you ladies for more great updates!
You're welcome. Hopefully new updates will be forthcoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh Mary Ellen, I am so sorry to hear this. I have often found that when things start to go a little bad, they continue getting bad for a while until suddenly one good thing happens and turns everything around, then things all get good again. I hope the turn for the good happens for you very soon. I know it will come through for you and everything will work out ok. Fingers crossed for the best for you.
Thanks Wendy! Things are definitely looking up and I do have some good news to share with my next update. So Yeah!

Quote:

Kathy
Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in! And for being so ambitious as to try to catch up! That is an undertaking. Right now I am struggling to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm sorry, Mary Ellen. Remember: 1) This too shall pass. 2) Don't give up hope. You still might find an ideal job.
Thanks Mark! I actually have some very good news to share on the job front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm so sorry about your job. And all the other things you're dealing with.
I hope you won't have to cancel your October trip. Usually if you tell new jobs up front about a planned vacation they're fine with it.
Thanks Pam. I definitely don't plan on canceling October. The only thing I might need to do is make it a little shorter.

In terms of the job hunt, things are definitely looking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
How is your dad doing?
Thanks for asking. He is still pretty weak from the recent respiratory infection. I still believe he should have gone to the hospital, but my mom insists on treating him at home. He is slowing improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks for providing the lyrics!

I wouldn't propose changing the lyrics one iota. I think the animatronics could be improved though to make the movements look more lifelike. You know, more like how singing bears really look.
So Glen, how does a singing bear really look? Would you care to demonstrate? I agree - those lyrics HAVE to stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Mary Ellen, this is NOT what I wanted to read!
I am so sorry your trip is off, but I hope that the job situation clears up SOON.

Lots of Pixie dust for you!

Thanks Karin! I appreciate the pixie dust and I think it may have already worked because I do have some good news!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: