Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #1711
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hey guys - sorry I didn't get to all the comments today. We went to see Denny's mom who is in the hospital with a broken pelvis and hip and tomorrow I am going to see my parents. My dad has a bad cold and because he has Parkinson's his gait is affected more than usual. Personally, I think he may need to go to the hospital. We'll see.

So I will get to replies as soon as I can. At least pics for the next update are all uploaded.

And thanks to everyone for your concern about Denny. He is doing well. Mostly he is just freaked out a bit and I don't think he'll fully relax until he sees the cardiologist here.
UGH! Thinking of all your parents that is a lot and see a hint that there is drama about the June trip? When will Denny see the local cardiologist? I can see where he would be anxious for that.

eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #1712
MEK
DIS Veteran

Checking in from my parents house with no Internet. Ugh replies tomorrow. Cynthia - how did you know their was June trip drama. And it's not just the parents. My life is turning into a freakin soap opera!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #1713
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Checking in from my parents house with no Internet. Ugh replies tomorrow. Cynthia - how did you know their was June trip drama. And it's not just the parents. My life is turning into a freakin soap opera!
Oh No - Thinking about you and hope for a quick resolution to the drama.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #1714
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no, not more drama! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you so everything works out just fine.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #1715
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Jill in CO
Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #1716
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

keeping the parents and inlaws in my prayers!
ACK for drama!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #1717
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

I am SO sorry! You made a comment somewhere that was a clue....don't remember where or what though.

eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #1718
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh my word, Mary Ellen! That is not the kind of vacation adventure any of us are looking for!! Good for you for "standing up to" to ER doc and insisting Denny be admitted. Thank you both for sharing the story. Scary but important to remember.

And more drama on the horizon for June?? I hope it is resolved quickly.

Cynthia - I'm always impressed with how much you can pack into a day. . Hate departure day but agree a later flight is a nice way to ease the pain and hurrah for not having to check out of the room!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #1719
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the parents having health issues.

Don't want to hear there may be problems for your June trip. Hope all gets straightened out you have enough on your plate right now!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #1720
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey guys - sorry I didn't get to all the comments today. We went to see Denny's mom who is in the hospital with a broken pelvis and hip and tomorrow I am going to see my parents. My dad has a bad cold and because he has Parkinson's his gait is affected more than usual. Personally, I think he may need to go to the hospital. We'll see.

So I will get to replies as soon as I can. At least pics for the next update are all uploaded.

And thanks to everyone for your concern about Denny. He is doing well. Mostly he is just freaked out a bit and I don't think he'll fully relax until he sees the cardiologist here.
Quote:
OH dear! Thoughts to all the parents, hope Denny's mom and your dad both feel better soon!
And another Oh dear! to the drama. Not more!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #1721
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Oh MaryEllen, when it rains it pours doesn't it?

I am sorry about Denny and although I'm very glad he's doing well... that must have been really frightening for both of you... especially being away from home... The irony of what you do and who you work with... just adds an extra element of frustration to the whole thing...

& your mother-in-law and father...

Sending you good thoughts and wishes for a better week ahead...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #1722
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Mary Ellen - you are having a tough time at the moment.

Thinking of you and hope all the parents are doing okay and any other dramas are sorted quickly for you.

Take care

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #1723
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I did forget one specific thing I wanted to comment on.

MEK, what a scary situation with Denny and I am glad you persisted in having him checked out further. I went through that with Mark and it is not fun.

I will pray for continued improvement for Denny.
Thanks Kathy! I know you have been through this because I remember you mentioning it. Denny is doing fine. He is just a little "gun shy" right now. I think he will feel better after he sees the cardiologist here which is scheduled for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Wow Mary Ellen, how scary the events with Denny at HHI! I am so glad this issue was right in your area of expertise and you were able to push it to resolution! I'm guessing those less informed would have probably taken the original clean check-off and left happy, with possibly tragic results later! So glad they were able to handle the situation and you could still enjoy some of your trip!!!
I really hope that never happens to anyone. Really. I am pretty sure we just would have been back in the ED. But I would hate to think that we would be back with an actual heart attack. I knew he wasn't haven't a heart attack. He was having angina, so to send me out of there meant nothing.

Quote:
Nice updates and some great pictures! Even though during the day I don't think DHS is all that much to look at aesthetically, I think it is a whole lot better when it is lit up at night and just seems to come alive!
I am so happy we were there late at night and took the time to get all those pictures. I think that was my first late EMH. I always figured it would be much too crowded, but it really wasn't. It was perfect.

Quote:
I really like that picture of the Brown Derby Hat lamp!
Nice touch for the overall theme!

Quote:
I always enjoy exploring One Man's Dream, and no matter how many times I go in there I always seem to learn something new!
I love OMD and my younger son loves it more than I do. He could seriously spend 90 minutes in there looking at every detail. It's truly a wonderful place and its sad its not more popular. I think the film is a must see.

Quote:
Agent P? Seriously???
I guess you don't have small kids either! Seems the readers with kids really love this guy, so I must be missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
WOW! That did not make a good trip. Glad he did go and have himself checked out.
Not the best time to need a stent, but it could have been so much worse so we are very thankful!

Quote:
I agree about HS being lit up at night. Love photographing there.
And you take such lovely night pictures, too! Yeah - I enjoyed it and I still have a few more night shots to post!

Quote:
I would have been upset with Agent P as my drawing.
It was just a weird choice, but I get it. I just need to make sure my next character is a classic.

Quote:
All caught up again. I am getting good at this. LOL
Haha Scott - that made me laugh! Practice makes perfect. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my gracious Mary Elllen! I know that you had to be scared death. Thank goodness you stood your ground and made them admit Denny. I think that's pretty rude of them to make a notation that you were anxious. Of course you were anxious. Your husband was having chest pains.
When I read your comment a few days ago I thought to myself "Thank you!" I have an 11 hour drive home with a man who is having exertional chest pain and I have to get on the phone and find someone to stress or cath him then pack up a villa that I've been in 36 hours. Doh!

And quite honestly. I don't think I acted anxious. She hasn't seen ANXIOUS! I would call it forceful and tactful. Errrrrr! She was young, that's the only thing I can say in her defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Once when John had a grand mal seizure and his trough levels were way down, the ER doctor tried to discharge him saying that his levels were in the average range. I tried to tell them what his level needed to be and they wouldn't listen to me. I finally told them that we would sit in the middle of the ER waiting room in a wheelchair and let everybody know what they had done unless they called his neurologist immediately. Needless to say, they had us in a room in no time at all AND his neurologist was called.
Good for you, but how unfortunate that you had to do that. I always try to listen to someone who has been dealing with a chronic disease. They have the most experience managing it and at that point its "textbook versus real life". I feel like the ER really has this mentality of treat em and street em. Sometimes it was too obvious and these are both good examples.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #1724
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Mary Ellen-- scary with Denny at HHI. Glad you stood your ground and had him admitted and that he was able to get the care he needed. I like your comment-Genes rule--That's a good one to remember.
Thanks! I am glad he was admitted and everything worked out without the added stress of having to leave and return.

I guess if you somehow don't inherit the genes you are in good shape, but it you do get the coronary artery disease gene you really have to pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Cynthia--Love your first picture of MK, all decorated with its fall decorations. The sky is so blue--looks like it was a beautiful, last day!
OMG - The fall decorations at the MK are so absolutely perfect. I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Getting myself caught up on your TR and just read your story about Denny's ordeal and I just had to comment before I kept going.

Wow! So glad he is OK and he only needed angio with a stent! It's definitely good he had you as an advocate for him, almost anyone else would have just gone home like a good patient and "resumed activity" and who knows?...
I am very happy that he only needed a stent because the alternative was very terrifying. He may need heart surgery at some point in his life, but HHI definitely wasn't the time.

Thanks for your support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
That's good you were at least able to extend your vacation so you could enjoy some of it.
That worked out really well and I just finished uploading all my photos. I certainly made up for lost time. I think I took about 750 post stent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I really do believe though he bought himself at least a decade by taking such good care of himself. Were they able to resolve with one stent or did he end up with more?
He had one stent and, yes, I agree that he bought himself extra time. He is just upset because he was the "first" out of his 4 other siblings and he is the one who exercises the most. Bottom line is - they don't know what their coronary anatomy is and now he does.

Quote:
You would think but I swear (and you know we are going through this every 6 months or so know) some things that seem obvious to us the family, just for whatever reason aren't obvious to some of the healthcare givers we encounter. I mean why did we the family have to deduce that this is now a maintenance issue we will be facing every 6 months, instead of being told that it's likely the path he's on? Would have saved us a lot of stress if we knew it was actually likely his new "normal".
I don't know why communication is poor in health care. Sometimes the provider is a poor communicator, sometimes their knowledge is lacking so they are afraid of having to answer too many questions they feel unprepared for, and sometimes its literally a time crunch. Give the minimal and move on.

Accepting the "new normal" is a good way to phrase it.

Quote:
And apparently not only are there 2 with the same color name, but the colors aren't the same. That was the part that bugs her
I saw her pictures and I still say I am totally amazed she noticed that so bravo to you Pat!

Quote:
I don't think so. Perry is kinda cute but I'm not vested in that show at all, I'd LOVE to get Dumbo at one of those.

Ah yes - Dumbo would be fun!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #1725
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

wow what a situation that you went through in HHI but glad you were persistant and insisted on the additional tests.

i sort of skimmed after that post, was there any other update i missed on it?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: