Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #1576
MEK
DIS Veteran

I will try to read your update later when I get some Internet service. I can't sign on from the villa because my computer thinks its a non secure site. I have been reading from another location. Checking in from my phone.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #1577
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Cynthia: Great accomplishment with opening one park, playing in another, and closing yet another park in ONE day!! I love your photos as you were walking to DHS in the evening ... whatever those settings were - they made for some beautiful photos!

Your HBD dinner was interesting... meaning, not sure about the waiter. I'm wondering if he is the same guy that we had last summer... not a great experience and the meal ended up being comped for sooo many reasons but that is another whole story. It sounds like a lovely evening to dine outside. I'm still a fan of HBD since we have had some amazing meals there so I look forward to returning - if I can get any of my family to go with me!

TSM 40 minutes!!! I'd be there. It's a great way to end an evening!

Again, sounds llike such a lovely day!!!

MK: oops! Sorry about the internet.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #1578
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
After our wonderful seminar, a stroll around the WS with some generous folks sharing beer, and food tips it was time to head back to the villa. Why? Well for some pool time of course! I can’t recall if Mary Ellen and I headed back together, or not. But I think we did. I know that I shopped in the WS while she was getting her zen on and on the way back stopped into both the bakery and the candy store to look at some little treats I planned to take home for the gang and picked a couple of things up, I think we just split up when we got to Seashore Sweets. Once back up in the room we changed and headed to the villa pool and I think we headed down together. I believe we chose the villa pool for a few reasons. First, it was a lot closer than the cottage suite pool, second it quieter than the Luna Park Pool and lastly, I hadn’t seen it yet! I imagine we made a drink in our mugs to take to the pool and I know I brought my kindle down there. I admit, I didn’t bring my camera, or my phone I think as I’m sure it needed to charge after the morning so we could get through the evening. Perhaps Mary Ellen took some pictures?
Hey, I forget what I did on my trips all the time. Make stuff up! It's both easy and fun! For all we know, you really did run into George Clooney at the pool.

Quote:
Though it was starting to cool, it was so lovely out, we decided to walk. As you can see, I was playing around with the settings a bit.
Some really beautiful silhouette shots here. The shots of ToT are terrific.

Quote:
However our waiter was...a space cadet.

Who whined.

He wasn't getting enough tables

He had to wait on tables outside

People were using the Dining Plan

He was happy we weren't.

He was flustered, overly chatty in a bit of a negative way (though I honestly believe he had NO clue he was coming across like that, I think he thought he was pretty neat and funny....which is always unattractive) and if memory serves…a bit sweaty.
Oh boy. Hopefully he at least tried a bite of your food so he could let you know if the chef got it right that evening.

Quote:
And for some odd reason I think the single rider line was CLOSED. Not the whole ride, the FP line and standby were just fine. Just the single rider line.
Um...that's weird.

Quote:
The CM at RRC had told me to try back. So I did! Did I have any luck?

Why yes, yes I did!
That's more like it!

Quote:
My accuracy sucked.
They don't give points for accuracy!

Quote:
Lets recap
  • Coffee on the Verandah with an AMAZING view
  • Opened AK
  • Epcot F&W
  • Pool time
  • Closed DHS at EMH
Not too shabby.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #1579
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Another fabulous day. I am amazed at how much you gals get done in one day. it's great.
It was a great day and not rushed at all, relaxed and fun. Although you can tell we were NOT commando. We rode very few rides in all of that. EE twice, TMS, Star Tours and RRC. That's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Your pp pics in front of France are lovely!
And I love those silhouette shots of ToT with the sunset! Awesome!
Glad you enjoyed your dinner, despite the awkward waiter.
I love those ToT shots too, it was so pretty out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
So what do you think Cynthia? Should I start planning for your arrival??? Send me that ingredient list and I'll have the shopping done and everything ready for you when you get here..........
Yeah.

Nope.

Good luck with that.

Not even sure that works when Jeff tries it.

Ok, it usually does.

Quote:
Nice picture, and a great place for it!!!
Almost as good as really being IN France.

Quote:
I always love the sunset pictures as the lights are starting to come on.......
Me too, such a pretty glow and when I can get the camera to focus right, it's a little bit magical to me.

Quote:
So what was the name of the place you ate again???
I didn't want anyone to be confused

Quote:
I think I would have needed a reduction of more than just the fig..........

And you would reduce....?

Quote:
So how was the duck? I've never tried duck before, but most people I have heard describe it say it is a little tough and chewy........
It can be. I love duck. Adore it actually. But it is difficult to get right. I've had earth shatteringly good duck, chewy as all get out duck and much in between. This was on the side of quite good, not chewy but not necessarily earth shattering. I will say it was significantly better than the duck I had at Jiko on our previous girls trip. That one was chewy and tough, and disappointing.

Often the best duck isn't from the breast, it is the leg meat. Pulled duck in mu shu, or a shredded duck sandwhich or in pasta with mushrooms....sigh. and YUM! Kind of like turkey really in that the white meat can get dried out so much easier than the dark.

Quote:
Eating outside seems like it would make for a pleasant evening and meal. Sorry your waiter took away from that.........
He didn't take a way and really, we weren't in a rush, he just didn't add to it either. Sometimes not being memorable is far preferred. LOL!

Quote:
You can never have too many rides on RnR!!!
It is my one ride regret for the trip. Not a regret really, I just didn't maximize it. I only got in 2 rides over the course of the trip and really, I'd have liked about....10. I was NOT focused on rides on this trip at all though. I'll be camped out in the single rider line next Dec.

Quote:
I think I would have had to ride it also, since I have never ridden it at night! And yes I know it is an indoor ride and time of day doesn't affect it, but I don't think I've ever seen the wait time that low during EEMH so I would have had to take advantage!!!
Well it WAS 2 minutes before EMH ending. I've gotten in the TSM line at the exact hour of EMH closing before and had a 60 minute wait so I agree, 40 wasn't bad all things considered.

riding it at night.

Quote:
And I have to agree that DHS is a lot prettier at night all lit up............and definitely when it is the Osborne Lights doing the lighting!!!
Oh I can't WAIT to see that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I will try to read your update later when I get some Internet service. I can't sign on from the villa because my computer thinks its a non secure site. I have been reading from another location. Checking in from my phone.
UGH, that happened to me at Vero and then at AKV it wouldn't allow certain sites through it's firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Cynthia: Great accomplishment with opening one park, playing in another, and closing yet another park in ONE day!! I love your photos as you were walking to DHS in the evening ... whatever those settings were - they made for some beautiful photos!
Well, we didn't go on many rides so that had a lot to do with how much, and how little we really did do and managed to keep it relaxing at the same time.

It was such a lovely walk, I wish I was there now along that path.

Quote:
Your HBD dinner was interesting... meaning, not sure about the waiter. I'm wondering if he is the same guy that we had last summer... not a great experience and the meal ended up being comped for sooo many reasons but that is another whole story. It sounds like a lovely evening to dine outside. I'm still a fan of HBD since we have had some amazing meals there so I look forward to returning - if I can get any of my family to go with me!
We had the funniest CM on our previous trip, he really was a highlight and it was almost like this guy was trying to be funny like the other one but just had it off, so very off. I loved dining outside and will definitely go back. It's a bit pricey to take the kids, though they'd love it and there are other choices for a date night so it might be a bit before I make it there again but I do really like it. Maybe Mary Ellen took a picture of him? Then we will know if it's the same guy, certainly could be!

Quote:
TSM 40 minutes!!! I'd be there. It's a great way to end an evening!

Again, sounds llike such a lovely day!!!
40 minutes worked, especially when it was only 30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Hey, I forget what I did on my trips all the time. Make stuff up! It's both easy and fun! For all we know, you really did run into George Clooney at the pool.
No, but I did at Starbucks once.

Really.

Quote:

Some really beautiful silhouette shots here. The shots of ToT are terrific.
Thank you! I'd kind of forgotten about those shots until I did the update and then I was like, oh, those are pretty! Made me homesick though.

Quote:
Oh boy. Hopefully he at least tried a bite of your food so he could let you know if the chef got it right that evening.
EEEW!

Quote:
Um...that's weird.
The CM said they do that sometimes during EMH but he really didn't have an explanation as to why, other than to say give it 10-15 and come back and sure enough, that worked.

Quote:
That's more like it!

They don't give points for accuracy!
One might argue you'd get more points if the accuracy was better,

Quote:
Not too shabby.
We were fairly pleased with ourselves too!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #1580
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The CM said they do that sometimes during EMH but he really didn't have an explanation as to why, other than to say give it 10-15 and come back and sure enough, that worked.
For some crazy reason the RnR single rider lines backs up more than the EE single rider line.

I think they just shut it down to give it a chance to thin out or you end up waiting longer than the regular line. :scared2:

I did get in there once the single rider line was backed up to the studio doors, I turned around and went back through the studio and out the way I went in.

I wish I was on that Boardwalk right now meandering back to my resort.
Sounds like a great dinner and eating outside with a nice night is just fabulous.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1581
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
For some crazy reason the RnR single rider lines backs up more than the EE single rider line.
That makes sense actually. The RRC line is right where the main FP and standby entrances are so it's obvious that it is an option. EE single rider is hidden. I bet a lot less folks "find" it as a result.

Quote:
I think they just shut it down to give it a chance to thin out or you end up waiting longer than the regular line. :scared2:

I did get in there once the single rider line was backed up to the studio doors, I turned around and went back through the studio and out the way I went in.
Good call!

Quote:
I wish I was on that Boardwalk right now meandering back to my resort.
Sounds like a great dinner and eating outside with a nice night is just fabulous.
Oh me too. SO very much. Homesick. December is SOOOOOOOO far away.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #1582
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't updated our update notice. I have to go to the live oak lodge to get on the Internet. My new freaking computer is so smart it won't let me sign on to something w a password. So annoying. Anyway we went to Savannah today and we are now in Tybee Island waiting out the rain. Extended our stay at the Disney resort and now were driving home Sunday. It's been an interesting vacation and not one that I wish to repeat anytime soon although I love HHI as much as ever and their hospital is pretty nice too. And I will leave you with that...,,

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #1583
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fabulous day!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #1584
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyway we went to Savannah today and we are now in Tybee Island waiting out the rain.
That's Jackie's place! She's made us all fall in love with it, too, through her pictures.

Quote:
Extended our stay at the Disney resort and now were driving home Sunday. It's been an interesting vacation and not one that I wish to repeat anytime soon although I love HHI as much as ever and their hospital is pretty nice too. And I will leave you with that...,,
Hmmm....that long story is going to be interesting, I do believe.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #1585
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures. There is just something magical about the parks at night. You dinner at BD seems interesting. I personally don't like it much when the cm's act like people. I would prefer they keep the illusion going on and not act as though they have lives outside of the parks. I know... tis selfish of me.

And the hat... you said you hate to see it go? Is it going?!

Truly, your last day seems like a good one!!!

Mary Ellen... sounds like something happened.. but you still have a couple days of vacation. Hopefully they will be amazing days.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #1586
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That makes sense actually. The RRC line is right where the main FP and standby entrances are so it's obvious that it is an option. EE single rider is hidden. I bet a lot less folks "find" it as a result.
For some reason, The RnR coaster single rider line just seems to move slower than EE. Not sure why more pairs ride RnR than EE other than the chicken out factor may be less.

Quote:
Sorry I haven't updated our update notice. I have to go to the live oak lodge to get on the Internet. My new freaking computer is so smart it won't let me sign on to something w a password. So annoying. Anyway we went to Savannah today and we are now in Tybee Island waiting out the rain. Extended our stay at the Disney resort and now were driving home Sunday. It's been an interesting vacation and not one that I wish to repeat anytime soon although I love HHI as much as ever and their hospital is pretty nice too. And I will leave you with that...,,
That is going to be one heck of a story. Glad you could regroup and enjoy a couple of extra days.

Also good to hear their hospital is pretty nice too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #1587
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Oh no! Hospital on vacation is never good!

Jill in CO
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #1588
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Two words that should NEVER be in the same sentence.

vacation

hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Love the pictures. There is just something magical about the parks at night.
There really is and certain parks, or parts of parks really get me. Sigh.

Quote:
You dinner at BD seems interesting. I personally don't like it much when the cm's act like people. I would prefer they keep the illusion going on and not act as though they have lives outside of the parks. I know... tis selfish of me.
maybe that's it, I never thought about it that way.

Quote:
And the hat... you said you hate to see it go? Is it going?!
I hope not. It's been rumored for a long time but until I see something official...I'm playing Ostrich.

Quote:
Truly, your last day seems like a good one!!!
It was! And it's not over yet, the blessings of that late direct flight home
Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #1589
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope not. It's been rumored for a long time but until I see something official...I'm playing Ostrich.

Well, I think I will play ostrich with you then! I would hate for it to go....
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: