Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #1546
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! Apparently our alarm clock I home in the room was set for 6am. So I'm checking the DIs from my phone HHI is as wonderful as always and the sunset as gorgeous as ever! And you would all be proud of me. I actually drove all the way from Delaware to NC. And another couple hours later. Everyone have a great Monday.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #1547
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi guys! Apparently our alarm clock I home in the room was set for 6am. So I'm checking the DIs from my phone HHI is as wonderful as always and the sunset as gorgeous as ever! And you would all be proud of me. I actually drove all the way from Delaware to NC. And another couple hours later. Everyone have a great Monday.
Have an awesome trip Mary Ellen!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #1548
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
A Tale of Two Kitties
Sorry the cats have been having so many issues. It's no fun getting old for any of us.

Quote:
Possibly because I have been preoccupied with Kismet. Possibly because I have been super preoccupied with Nick's college quest. And, not to be mysterious, but there is another reason that I have been pre-occupied, but I am just not in a place where I want to talk about it. It's not anything earth shattering, just a life event that is taking some extra time to deal with.
Ugh. Sorry there's been a lot of crap to deal with. I hope your time in HHI helps calm things down!

Quote:
How fun is that? Instead of their usual percussion instruments they were using a whole cooking theme, complete with full sized appliances.

Quote:
The finished product - Cashel Blue and Dubliner Kerrygold Irish Cheese Souffle with Organic Mixed Greens and Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
I'll just nod and smile and pretend I know what that is.

Quote:
These painted bottles were neat, but I think they were around $600 a piece. Sheesh!
They'd better never run empty at that price!

Quote:
I found the" DIS" mug, so I decided I had to take a picture of it. If you have this mug chime out now! I know quite a few of us have it.
It's Julie's favorite!

Quote:
Next stop was a grapefruit beer. No picture. It was yellow. And oh so good! I loved it.
If it was a yellow snowcone, you wouldn't have been nearly as gung-ho about trying it.

Quote:
Clearly I was fascinated with the umbrellas
It was the buzz, right?

Quote:
Couldn't even put that beer down for a picture.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #1549
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Go back to bed! It's vacation!!!!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #1550
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am on a plane as I type this and well, it's a 5.5 hour flight and the guy next to me is out cold. I'm stuck. In my seat. And don't want to do work. It actually requires more space than I have to work with.
Sounds like a recipe for procrastination to me!

Quote:
In totally random exciting news (well for the music geeks in my house anyway) some anonymous donor just gave Evan's school a huge donation of new horns. 2 trumpets, a trombone and a tuba. VERY nice horns.

Quote:
The cows are happier in Ireland.

That is a direct quote

Yep. It's so green the grass is yummier and well, the cows are happier.
If you say so. I thought mad cows came from that region.

Quote:
Whip it, Whip it good! Or was it Beat it...beat it, just beat it.
Great, now BOTH songs are stuck in my head!

Quote:
Definitely swung by South Africa
You two really did good work taking advantage of the Festival.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #1551
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

So glad you arrived safe and sound Mary Ellen! Have a wonderful vacation
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #1552
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Cynthia, I read your updates over the weekend, but I forgot to comment on them. Anyway, first and foremost, I hope your seatmate finally woke up so that you weren't held captive for the entire 5.5 hours on the plane.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the cooking demo thing, and got to have a little meet and greet. I'm sure Jeff enjoyed his gift as much as you did. I'd say if you've made it multiple times since coming home, the shepherds pie definitely must be a hit.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #1553
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sounds like a recipe for procrastination to me!
And you know, it wouldn't have made a difference. Final version for me to edit didn't get to me until 4pm on Friday EST. Even if I'd have worked on it then, the person who would need to look at it wouldn't have done anything with it till this morning based on the various government forms that have to go with it that folks seem to be incapable of filling out and submitting if I'm not in the building. As they require "wet" signatures, of folks here and I was there...nothing happened. I (rightfully) procrastinated on it all weekend (was way more fun to start editing fixing the nightmare in PB that is my AK day on the other TR lol), got up early today, knocked out my piece and....

We aren't going to even submit it.

Quote:

If you say so. I thought mad cows came from that region.
Nah, they are across the irish sea, eating that English Grass.

Quote:
Great, now BOTH songs are stuck in my head!
My work is done

Quote:
You two really did good work taking advantage of the Festival.
Milk it, milk it good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Cynthia, I read your updates over the weekend, but I forgot to comment on them. Anyway, first and foremost, I hope your seatmate finally woke up so that you weren't held captive for the entire 5.5 hours on the plane.
He did, but then the person in the aisle was asleep and neither of them got up the whole flight so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad that you enjoyed the cooking demo thing, and got to have a little meet and greet. I'm sure Jeff enjoyed his gift as much as you did. I'd say if you've made it multiple times since coming home, the shepherds pie definitely must be a hit.
Yes, it's firmly in the rotation now. It was a lovely day all around.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #1554
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i like the pies, but you need to take a picture of the filling next time.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #1555
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Glad you got there safely Have a fabulous time!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #1556
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, enjoyed the video of the Jamminators! I love catching them in the park.........they are so much fun to watch and listen to, even the corny jokes!!!

Quote:
Nice job on the driving! Glad you made it safely and I know you are having a wonderful time!

Quote:
Go back to bed! It's vacation!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
That's what I was thinking! I have heard so much about shepherd's pie, but don't know a lot about what is in it......... They do look good for sure, but then what man doesn't love some good mashed potatoes???
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #1557
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Safe travels and have an absolutely wonderful time, Mary Ellen!
Thanks Karin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Have a great trip!

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Have a great trip!!!
Thanks Pam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
And don't forget about Jesse from Toy Story...............
I love Jesse! So do you suggest we each pick our favorite redhead and go with it?

Quote:
Another endorsement???
Hmmmmm - I don't think so!

Quote:
Mary Ellen, thoughts and prayers for this situation! I hope it all works out soon for you!
Thanks. I think it will and when it does I give some more details.

Quote:
Lots of great pictures from Epcot for both of you ladies! I think I would have asked to take a picture of that scooter too!!! I love the ones that people take the time to decorate. Why does needing to rely on one of them have to be boring, right???
Absolutely. I love when I see them decorated for Christmas, F&W, and F&G. Oh - not to mention Halloween and Thanksgiving. Its great and its so creative.

Quote:
I don't think I have ever seen the Jammitors with anything other than their trash cans!
That was the first time I saw them using kitchen appliances. Very cool!

Quote:
Loved the artwork of Walt and the Mickey/Minnie on the train.
Me too! That's one of my favorites considering that Walt actually drew Mickey for the first time on a train.

Quote:
Funny how many pictures people get of Alice wandering off through a park!
Never coming. Always going. But where?

Quote:
Cheers Mary Ellen! So what happened to the rum???
Oh - I'll tell you about the rum's final destination. Later.

Quote:
And I always enjoy finding the subtle changes to the trains in Germany that they make depending on the season or what is going on in the park.
I agree and I can't believed I missed that. Thank goodness Cynthia took that picture.

Quote:
Good luck with the soufflé if you take it on one day Cynthia! I will try cooking a lot of different things, but not so sure I would even consider taking on a soufflé!!!
Me either. But I bet even if it turns out not that fluffy the taste will be there. that cheese was so YMU!

Quote:
Hope you have a great trip Mary Ellen!!! HHI is a great place to spend a few days! Hope you have great weather to enjoy!
Its beautiful here right now. We were supposed to go to Savannah today but we had a change in plans. I'll post on that later too.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #1558
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They look delish ! Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Yummy! Insert a drooling emoticon.
I totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

After looking for it in October and not finding it anywhere, I was afraid that we had waited too long to make a decision about the official DIS mug. But, the animal print Mickey head gods were on my side last month, and as soon as I found them, I snagged two - one for Jill and one for me. We can officially gather 'round the DIStown community center coffee table now, but since neither of us are coffee drinkers, we'll be rockin' the hot chocolate, I guess.
Hey - hot chocolate, tea, or coffee, there is nothing like the satisfaction of finding a hidden mickey in the bottom of your cup! So glad you were able to find the mug. I love mine!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I am struggling to catch up with DIS news after the trip, but I am getting there. Loving your World Showcase pictures.
Thanks! I find that if I miss a day or two of the DIS I am behind and have to work to catch up. It's like a part time job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sorry about your sick kitties, Mary Ellen! That is really the pits.
Thanks! I've been checking in with Nick and Max seems to be doing well. He actually wants to go outside now and has the energy to actually run (instead of walk) when he is called.

Quote:
I have to say, I don't know if you listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast, but they just did a segment on overlooked Animal Kingdom, and Dustin mentioned the little seating area you found behind Tamu Tamu! I immediately said to myself in the car, "That's the spot from Mary Ellen's TR!"
I don't, but I should. Haha - too funny about my "spot". I love that spot!

Quote:
I SO LOVE that a random man offered you a sip of the berry beer. That's hilarious!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I did enjoy it and it was a pretty funny experience. At least I knew that the beer I wanted to try was a winner!

Quote:
I too would be so curious about those people posing for pictures....
It felt more like a photoshot that just normal portraits. I almost wondered if they were going to use them on some kind of business advertisement since they were both dressed the same.

Quote:
Love the PP photos of you with your beer! Now that's a F&W picture if I ever saw one!!
Yes - yes it is! Nothing shy about the way I drink a beer!

Quote:
The demonstration looks really fun!
It was and when you consider that the price is similar to a food item and drink at the kiosks, its totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Another fun day. I have never made shepards pie either and wouldn't have a clue how to go about it. Maybe someday I will attempt it. I need an easy recipe though.
That really does look so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Okay, I love that you put the shepherd's pie in individual dishes -- I always do mine in a casserole dish, but yours is so much more appealing looking. Also, how do you get your mashed potatoes to look all pretty and swirly???
I'm curious about that to. Will be reading along to figure it out.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #1559
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I'm not sure it will be all that pretty in a picture but ok, filling next time. There is plenty of filling and it is darn tasty.

Quote:
Cynthia, enjoyed the video of the Jamminators! I love catching them in the park.........they are so much fun to watch and listen to, even the corny jokes!!!
I really wish Evan could have seen the kitchen version, he would have loved it.

Quote:
That's what I was thinking! I have heard so much about shepherd's pie, but don't know a lot about what is in it......... They do look good for sure, but then what man doesn't love some good mashed potatoes???
Filling: Lean ground beef, onion, beef stock, carrots, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire, salt/pepper, fresh thyme and a little bit of flour to thicken. You can do it with the dried thyme but the fresh makes a huge difference, as does the quality of the meat. Saute onions first and then braise the meat with it, add the thickener, then the rest of the ingredients and cook covered on low a good 45 minutes.

Top with the mashed potatoes (and I also add some of the Dubliner cheese lol). Bake for 25, broil for 2.

basic, simple comfort food

And yes, Jeff's in it primarily for the potatoes.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1560
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I love Jesse! So do you suggest we each pick our favorite redhead and go with it?
Jesse must have some long lost sisters somewhere. I admit, I can't pull off Merida's hair but Jesse would work.

Quote:
Its beautiful here right now. We were supposed to go to Savannah today but we had a change in plans. I'll post on that later too.
I do not like seeing this!

Hope everyone is ok

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: