Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Igt

Can someone explain what IGT is?

My husband and I are thinking of taking a cruise for our anniversary. I found a great deal but it is IGT. We have cruised with Disney before but did a regular booking and knew where our room was. Is booking IGT a good thing to do? Thanks

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

It means inside guarantee. You are guaranteed to get an inside room but have no control over floor, type, etc. We booked this on two of our cruises and were upgraded to an ocean view.

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalc12345 View Post
Can someone explain what IGT is?

My husband and I are thinking of taking a cruise for our anniversary. I found a great deal but it is IGT. We have cruised with Disney before but did a regular booking and knew where our room was. Is booking IGT a good thing to do? Thanks
IGT is one of the types of bookings you can make. IGT - Interior Guarantee; OGYT - Oceanview Guarantee; VGT - Verandah Guarantee.

You can book a type of room (Interior, Oceanview, Verandah), but not a specific category (10A, 9C, 8B, etc).

These rates are available generally about 60-90 days prior to a cruise that isn't selling well.

There are restrictions connected to these bookings:
•New bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.
•You are reserving a stateroom within the selected stateroom type: Inside, Oceanview or Verandah*.
•Disney Cruise Line will assign your specific stateroom at a later time, based on remaining availability.
•Specific stateroom requests will not be accommodated.
•Full payment is required at the time of booking for all Guests and is non-refundable.
•Sail date and stateroom category changes are not permitted.
•The stateroom offer cannot be combined with any other discounted or promotional offer.
•Full legal names of all Guests are required at time of booking and no name changes are allowed.
•* Most Verandah staterooms include a private verandah with a clear plexiglass wall; some may include a solid white wall depending upon location. A limited number of Oceanview and Verandah staterooms may include a partially obstructed view.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

An IGT is a great thing to do if you can handle the restrictions and are comfortable with knowing that you can be assigned to any cabin on the ship. If you are the sort who needs to know what part of the ship you will be in or what room you will be in, this type of booking is not for you.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
Seamama
Mouseketeer

We booked IGT and ended up in a horrible room. There was a terrible mechanical sound that was quite loud and happened 'round the clock. THE GOOD NEWS is that DCL was awesome about letting us switch rooms.

When we booked IGT we understood and agreed that we'd be assigned to any inside stateroom (the larger one w/ the split bath or the smaller one w/out the split bath) and we were 100% ok w/ that. We ended up getting assigned to the slightly larger inside stateroom w/ the split bath on a lower floor and were perfectly happy w/ that. But that awful noise was really unacceptable. I wasn't sure if we could get moved b/c I knew we'd agreed to whatever room they gave us but I figured it was worth letting them know about the noise.

We honestly didn't care if we got moved to the same style room OR even the slightly smaller one w/out the split bath (since that's the category of room we'd paid for)- just as long as there wasn't that noise. To our great surprise, however, we were actually given a free upgrade to an ocean view room AND a huge apology for the trouble.

NOTE that if you ended up w/ a room that just wasn't your personal preference (like you didn't like the floor it was on or some minor thing), you really are "stuck" w/ what you got. That being said, you should also feel reasonably confident that DCL's awesome customer service means that if you get a room that has something very wrong w/ it, they would likely move you to another one (assuming something else was available). I wouldn't expect an upgrade or anything but I'd think they would move you if the problem in your room was serious.
Seamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I've never had an issue with DCL when there was something inherently wrong with a stateroom--they either fixed the problem or offered to move us to another stateroom.

As above, if your issue is "we don't like this cabin/location," you are out of luck. If the issue is noise or something broken that can't be repaired....my experience has been a repair or a move. They even offered to move us when there was a screaming baby in the next cabin on day 1 (this was on 5 aft and the CD came out of a secret passage, saw us in the hall, and heard the racket..all one of those 1 minute earlier or later and it wouldn't have happened). I said that I'd assume the child was just stressed and adjusting to the new "home." CD said that if the crying was a problem at night to let them know and we would be relocated!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

IGT really should read something like "pay in full today, we'll find you a room somewhere"

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak
IGT really should read something like "pay in full today, we'll find you a room somewhere"
Ha ha! That's pretty much what I told DS when I booked our IGT for Jan.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! I think we are going to give it a try. Since we will be going without the kids we are ok with not knowing where our room is and being in a smaller room. We are so close to the cruise date (Feb) that we would have to pay in full anyway. I will also get trip insurance (always do) just in case something were to happen. I understand that IGT can't be changed in any way. Thanks again for explaining it to me!!

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
True..but if you are game for it, you can pay 1/2 of the lowest available regular fare on some cruises.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: