Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #61
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

wow you got a bunch done your first morning! sorry about the not so magical time at BBB...Zoe looks adorable though!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #62
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
wow you got a bunch done your first morning! sorry about the not so magical time at BBB...Zoe looks adorable though!
We did get a lot done that morning. It was nice. We stuck to my itinerary and the flow was perfect!.

BBB wasn't bad...just not extra perfect. But thank you, I too think Zoe looked adorable.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #63
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/26 - Day 2 Part 3

9/26 - Day 2 Part 3

We decided that I would head back to our room to get the pp+ voucher while the girls went to Ecpot. We walked out together and as we did we were able to catch part of the parade.

Then it was time for me to hustle. I went back to the room to pick up the voucher (since it had to be exchanged to get the pp+ card) We had thought we could get the space mountain pics added to the card once I exchanged the voucher inside of Epcot. Sadly, adding ride photos can not be done that way. You can't have a cm from a photo shop enter in the number. You can't take a picture of the card and then have it entered in. You can't go to another ride with the photo number and have it added. The card HAS to HAS TO, HAS TO!!!! be in hand in order to claim the ride photo in the exact ride photo location. Now, you can go back (with in a certain time frame) to that ride and have them enter the photo. However, we were not headed back to MK that day. So sadly, those were lost. And thus it was a waste for me to run back to POFQ to get the voucher. Adding insult to injury, I ran through Epcot once I was in the park and lost the pink pearl that was inside my cinderella carriage necklace.

Why was I running? Well, I was late. If all had gone well, I should have had enough time to go back to the resort to get the voucher and make it to Epcot "on time". But as anyone who has ever read any of my reports will know, I do not have good luck with transportation. So one snag after another put me late. Really late.

Late for what? Well, after getting dolled up as a princess I thought it would be a good idea for Zoe to dine with some.

Kira, Amanda and Zoe waited for me at Akershus. They could not check in, of course, until I was there. The cm was nice enough but I was very concerned that I would be charged the no show fee. I think I was at least a half an hour late.

Once there though, all the anxiety surrounding my arrival to the restaurant subsided and soon the girls were meeting Belle.

Lunch was interesting. I do like the breakfast and desserts, but lunch and dinner always tend to leave me not unimpressed, but not necessarily amazed at the food.

Here is what we ate:

An open faced sandwich with a bowl of cauliflower soup. The sandwich was ok...a bit rich maybe. The soup, while indeed rich was quite yummy. So maybe I lied. Maybe occasionally menu items can amaze me. I cant remember if I had the beef one or if I had the chicken one.

The other open faced sandwich, this time chicken and also with the yummy soup. I think I had this one... if not it was Zoe's

A cold plate from the buffet. (I do love the munster cheese)

The traditional meatballs. Which, I think Amanda had and was unable to eat.

I think this is a horrid picture of crab cakes that I think Kira had.

Finally the desserts... the rice cream is so very very yummy. Amanda was against the texture though so Kira and I got to gobble it up. Kira was against the chocolate so Amanda and I got to gobble that up. You see a pattern here. I got to eat a lot of the desserts

Throughout our meal the princesses came around.

Of course there was also the princess parade.

It was a nice meal together and since it was a very hot day it was extra nice to be able to be somewhere with ac for a while. (especially after the run through the park to get to the restaurant)

As I am using my photos to jog my memory, and there are not many more photos from the day, I am not entirely sure what we did. We did make our way out of WS and on our way out we saw this guy.

Good grief I look horrid! Remember...it was hot and I did run a bit so my hair must have fallen out.

After that we would have went to turn in the pp+ voucher. Since we were not doing WS yet as F&W had not started, I think we spent the day in FW.

We went to the Seas Pavillion.

Where of course Zoe got to ask a question when we were in Turtle Talk with Crush.

We went into the Land pavilion to ride Living with the land boats.

We rode Spaceship Earth as well as Ellen's Universe of Energy.

I think we also tackled Journey into imagination.

Before too long it was time for dinner. I am not sure, but I do not think we left Epcot during the day.... we might have though.

Dinner that night was at Teppan Edo. Since we were a tad early for dinner we decided to do a bit of shopping. Since there was no line, Amanda decided to PaP.

Finally it was dinner time. The family that sat with us seemed to be a bit unsure of the whole thing. They all needed "special" chopsticks and were unable to pronounce things on the menu. They also did not seem to be to interested in dinning with us and never spoke a word to us.

Still we had a good meal and since it was Kira's birthday trip we of course celebrated.

I think we had a bit more time before the park closed and we took the opportunity to watch Captain Eo. Kira had been seriously against it. When Amanda learned it was a campy - with puppets and 80's music show she HAD to go. So we went.

OMG! I do not think we laughed so hard at any other point on the trip. First it was late and the cm letting people into the holding area was very into it all. However, she was yelling at everyone not to sit or lean or basically almost fall asleep since it was late. The room slopes and all I could think of was how fun it would be to just lie down for a bit and roll to the front. The cm was having none of that nonsense though and kept yelling at people to forgo doing just that.

Once inside we settled in. The theater was not completely empty, but far from full. The show began and it was amusing enough. I am not a huge MJ fan...actually I am not one at all. But this level of campy is just so funny! Then as the music picked up we noticed that our rows seemed to shake a bit more than we thought they might and the sounds seemed to be a little to "in living stereo". Sure enough we looked down our row to see a die hard fan. He knew the moves. He knew the dialog. He knew the lyrics. He was VERY enthusiastic about it all. I know this is going to sound mean. Really, it is not meant to be. I would not laugh at someone who was deficient in some way and was enjoying themselves like this. However, I suspect mental capabilities were not the driving force behind his involvement in the show...but rather perhaps a substance or two. (maybe even three)

When the show was over he went back in to watch again. We took our time meandering out of the park. Very glad that we had talked Kira into watching Captain Eo. Also it was nice to find that Captain Eo did not scare Zoe. (this had been a concern of mine in the past)

Next Up : 9/27 - Day 3 Part 1

Last edited by annmarieda; 01-14-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 AM   #64
MEK
DIS Veteran

Rush reading before work.

Such a bummer about the pearl. I would have been so upset and also a bummer that you went back to your room for the voucher and it was of no use.

On the other hand, Zoe's pictures with the princesses turned out wonderful. The food also looks really good. I have yet to eat there. I am waiting for a granddaughter. Hopefully it will be a long wait........

Your outfit is so cute!

Love Teppan Edo!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #65
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Disney transportation tends to be at its least cooperative the more you're in a rush. How frustrating that you weren't able to get the photos added to the card AND you lost your pearl! Glad to see that the rest of the day was fun though!

Hahaha yes, Captain EO definitely is a bit cheesy and ridiculous, but it IS a classic - I would have loved to see that fan doing all of the dance moves!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #66
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I feel so bad for you that you lost your pearl and couldn't even use the PP+ for what you wanted

You had lovely princesses at lunch! (and mini princesses too!) That lunch actually looks good!

I think I'll have to give Captain EO a shot next week. I am going with a girlfriend and it's just the sort of goofiness that we could get in trouble with!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #67
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Such a bummer about the pearl. I would have been so upset and also a bummer that you went back to your room for the voucher and it was of no use.
It was a bummer. At the time though, I was really more focused on just getting to Akershus as well as getting that silly voucher. I am glad that we had the pp+, dont get me wrong. However it did not work at all like what other people in our group had thought it would. Most of the rumors were that if you held a photo of the card on your phone a cm could "scan" that to add the pictures and thus it would be perfectly fine to have people set out on their own to ride rides and such. As it turned out, we were constantly having to go back to get pictures added or swap the card between the two room. It wasn't something I would recommend doing especially with two rooms that had essentially 4 groups that would split up.

Quote:
the other hand, Zoe's pictures with the princesses turned out wonderful. The food also looks really good. I have yet to eat there. I am waiting for a granddaughter. Hopefully it will be a long wait........
Thank you. I do like the interaction with the princesses there. I think in someways more than at CRT. I think it is a much better value than CRT and while you don't get to climb up into the castle at Akershus, the interior would seem to be very "castle like" to me. So when that grandaughter does come around (how ever long of a wait that is ) You will have to go there.

Quote:
outfit is so cute!

Mine? I think I look completely silly that day, but thank you. I look "wilted" It was so hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Disney transportation tends to be at its least cooperative the more you're in a rush. How frustrating that you weren't able to get the photos added to the card AND you lost your pearl! Glad to see that the rest of the day was fun though!
I think some times it can work. I just am one of those people who happens to have it go wrong where ever possible. I think, if my old memory serves, that first I had to wait for the bus. The the bus didn't leave POFQ for a while. THEN it went to POR where it again waited. All it takes is missing a bus and needing to wait for the next one that then happens to be running behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha yes, Captain EO definitely is a bit cheesy and ridiculous, but it IS a classic - I would have loved to see that fan doing all of the dance moves!
I had seen it in July, but this was much better. I think this fan would have liked to have had us all join in. It made the experience all that more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I feel so bad for you that you lost your pearl and couldn't even use the PP+ for what you wanted
It was good to have the voucher turned in so that we had it done and out of the way for the next day. So I guess it wasn't a total waste since it meant I wasn't rushing to a park first thing the next morning. The pearl would have been nice to not lose. I will replace it at some point though and probably by doing PaP.

Quote:
had lovely princesses at lunch! (and mini princesses too!) That lunch actually looks good!
We did! We have in the past had some..er... not so lovely princesses so it was nice that all of these were perfect and each took time with Zoe when they signed her autograph book. And lunch wasn't bad. I think it was just very heavy for a "sandwich".

Quote:

I think I'll have to give Captain EO a shot next week. I am going with a girlfriend and it's just the sort of goofiness that we could get in trouble with!
It is silly. I hope it is meant to be...and that by finding it so hillarious that it doesn't offend anyone. But it is really one of the silliest things I have ever seen. I guess the message is good though
Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #68
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had to rush because transportation was slow. Confirmed for me why I do not like Disney transportation.
But glad to hear you made it to your lunch and that you enjoyed it. Sorry about the lost pearl, that just sucks.
Your princess looks so cute with all the "other" princesses. You sure have a little cutie on your hands here.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #69
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Awww....I'm so sorry for all your troubles....photopass, transportation, losing your pearl.

It does look like y'all had a nice time at Akershus and Teppen Edo though. And it sounds like much fun was had at Captain EO. I have to admit that I have never gone to that attraction.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #70
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay...caught up again. I'm so sorry you lost your pearl in all of your rushing. And sorry after all that running you couldn't do what you wanted to after all with the photopass.

We ate at Akerhaus once for lunch and won't go back...just did not like it at all.

We did Teppan Edo last month and we really enjoyed it (well, all except for the screaming kid in the high chair at the table next to ours whose parents were totally oblivious).

Captain EO? Nope...not a fan; but Mark likes to go every other trip.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #71
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/27 - Day 3 Part 1

We started our day by taking the bus to MK. MK was not our final stop though.

Where were we headed? Well, it was a first for all of us. There had been some debate regarding if Kira and Amanda would do this since it was oop and we would not be using the dp. After Amanda found out that her favorite characters would be there the deal was sealed and we went to 1900PF for breakfast.

Since we by now had our pp + card we were "awarded" this delightful shot (as well as some others)

We were seated in a little nook. It made it hard for characters to get in to see us, but there were no other little ones or big ones for that matter roaming around us.

I wasn't able to get a pretty picture of the strawberry soup. (I think my blood sugar was low and I was shaking cause I kinda slopped it all over) But YUM! Then there was my plate.

Lobster eggs benedict! I am not sure if you can really see it behind that big ole pastry, but let me assure you it was amazing. Kira says she still dreams about it.

As I mentioned, the characters did a good job of attempting to get to us. So I was kinda wedged up agains the half wall trying to take the pictures... and it would seem like no one knew what camera was going off, but I was still very happy with the number of characters and how attentive they were.

Zoe was actually afraid of this guy though. It has been so long since she was afraid of the characters. Once both Kira and Amanda went to meet him, she relented and went ahead to have her picture taken.

After breakfast we leisurely walked out to the buses. I got the girls to sit so I could take their picture. Kira was nervous that they were not allowed to be in them. My girls...what worry worts.

As beautiful as the GF is, we all agreed we would not want to stay there. Somehow we kinda felt like the riffraff invading such a nice place.

We sat and waited and waited and waited for a bus. At least they have a nice seating area with the view screen and fans... there are fans, right?

Before long we were in fact on a bus and headed to the one park we would go to this day.

Next Up: 9/27 - Day 3 Part 2

Last edited by annmarieda; 01-17-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #72
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Why do I think we are going to have stab wounds and issues surrounding desserts when we go in September? I a battle in the works...hmmm do they just have a dessert dining plan...

I love the Lobster Eggs Benedict too! YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Boo was just mentioning the other day is wants to make Strawberry soup...silly boy they are not in season yet!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #73
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I didn't know I had comments to respond to... I am so sorry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sorry you had to rush because transportation was slow. Confirmed for me why I do not like Disney transportation.
I like not having to drive or park, but I just wish that there didn't always have to be some sort of transportation snafu.

Quote:

But glad to hear you made it to your lunch and that you enjoyed it. Sorry about the lost pearl, that just sucks.
Lunch was good, and at the time I didn't care that I lost the pearl. Now I am a tad sad...but oh well.

Quote:

Your princess looks so cute with all the "other" princesses. You sure have a little cutie on your hands here.
Thank you! I think she can be quite cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww....I'm so sorry for all your troubles....photopass, transportation, losing your pearl.
I think every trip has little things that could go more smoothly. I didn't let these things get to me. It wasn't the end of the world.

Quote:

It does look like y'all had a nice time at Akershus and Teppen Edo though. .
I think I like breakfast at Akershus better than lunch and Teppan Edo is good, but not something I need to do each trip.

Quote:
And it sounds like much fun was had at Captain EO. I have to admit that I have never gone to that attraction.
I would recommend watching captain eo at least once! Just too funny to miss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay...caught up again. I'm so sorry you lost your pearl in all of your rushing. And sorry after all that running you couldn't do what you wanted to after all with the photopass.
I think the pp + is a neat idea... I just think that the logistics of it need to be worked out.

Quote:
ate at Akerhaus once for lunch and won't go back...just did not like it at all.
I have been for lunch multiple times and they seem to change their menu often enough that it is worth trying. Really though, we go for the princesses. It is only one (vs 2) credits and even if we paid oop for it... the meal itself is cheaper than CRT.

Quote:
did Teppan Edo last month and we really enjoyed it (well, all except for the screaming kid in the high chair at the table next to ours whose parents were totally oblivious).
I could see where that would not be a lot of fun. People being exceedingly quite also not a lot of fun. I really dont' think our table realized they would be dinning with others. And while none of us were contagious with anything or are biters... I think that they feared these things.
Quote:
Captain EO? Nope...not a fan; but Mark likes to go every other trip.
I wouldn't say I am a fan. It is funny though..and so I am glad I finally took the time in 2012 to do this, but I can't say I will be back. Oh.. but wait... Steve hasn't yet see it and maybe I will allow him the pleasure of experiencing it next month.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #74
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Why do I think we are going to have stab wounds and issues surrounding desserts when we go in September? I a battle in the works...hmmm do they just have a dessert dining plan...

I love the Lobster Eggs Benedict too! YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Boo was just mentioning the other day is wants to make Strawberry soup...silly boy they are not in season yet!

I do love the desserts... but then... I love all food really. It is amazing that I don't way a thousand pounds! Maybe it is cause I always share? You know...things have less calories when you share. So we can look at that as motivation to not stab each other
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #75
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
As beautiful as the GF is, we all agreed we would not want to stay there. Somehow we kinda felt like the riffraff invading such a nice place.
What? How can you call yourself "the riff raft"? Your meal looks so relish! And the characters are great. I have always wanted to try breakfast there. I have to move it higher up on the list.

I have a funny story about riff raft - when Cynthia and I ate at Citrico's this trip we encountered a group of people that were literally in t-shirt and shorts waiting to eat at Citrico's. They looked like they should have been at sport's bar. It was just weird.

Fun Update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: