Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #31
SDisney90
Earning My Ears

I'm also joining in!
SDisney90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #32
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
How pretty the mountain looks in your pictures!

Yay for arriving in Florida!!!
I love the mountains. I know some people love beaches... but for me there is nothing more serene than being up in the mountains in the cool crisp air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Love your morning pictures of Mt. Rainer...I miss the mountain view I had in Colorado!
I can't imagine not having the mountains close.

Quote:
What a good son getting up and taking you to the airport!
I could not ask for more in a son in law. He is really pretty great. Even though he does seem to get himself in the dog house pretty often...and I then have to hear about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
Yes, gorgeous pictures! I saw them on my phone last night, and said, hmm okay, then I saw the big version on the PC this morning, and ... wow!
I love how the mountains look like little islands - you sure you don't live in Hawai'i? :-)
I love getting those shots above the clouds like that. Rainier is HUGE in the skyline...yet often is not "out" We get some pretty cloudy days here and when that happens, the mountain tops disappear above the clouds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Hi Ann, I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about the trip!
BTW, how did your trip go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDisney90 View Post
I'm also joining in!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #33
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/25 - Day 1 Part 2

9/25 - Day 1 Part 2

It had been a very long day, but we were all excited to get on the DME bus. Kira really hoped that we would get an actual DME bus so that Amanda could experience it.

Funny, I remember Kira wanting to get a real bus but I can't remember if we got one. I do know that we were happy once on the bus.

Soon we just got goofy.

Finally though, we were on our way.

And it wasn't long before we passed under here

I know, super bad shot... but hey, I was tired.

I can't remember what stop we were. I want to say #2. Check in was simple. We were assigned a room in building 5 based off of my request. (exterior corner) The only issue I had was that it was first floor. I asked if they had anything on the second floor. They did! At first that seemed cool, but then we realized (after the cm showed us our first room is better) that it would be so far from everything. I also checked to see that the second room in our party would be in the same building. After finding that they were also set to be in building 5, accepted the original assignment and walked to our room.

Our room was right across from the pool! I am typically not a fan of first floors, but this definitely changed my opinion. I swear it could not have been more than a minute or so from the main building. In fact, I could almost see our room from one side of the dinning hall. Also, being right across from the pool was super convenient! Yup POFQ was an instant favorite!

Our room

After some minimal settling in, we decided we were STARVING. We decided to go to DTD to go to WGPE.

One thing I love about POR or POFQ is that you can take a boat to DTD. So we went and lined up. I say lined up, because there was a serious line and we waited as several boats came and went. It slowly got darker and darker as we waited for "our" boat. (I may have changed my opinion slightly on the boating to and from DTD at that point) As we waited we started to get eaten alive by something. We could not see them... which at some point on the trip led to a discussion about how they must be no seeums. Which was seriously funny. Amanda thought I was messing with her. She said "that is just a made up word that moms use" "there is no such bug" At first I held my ground. I thought, "yes, yes it is real" Then as I grew more punchy from being tired. (punchy/silly) I started to think maybe she was right. Soon we were all laughing at how I might have been making something up..but didn't even know. I did look it up though, and for those who think I might be making it up, you can read about them here. They are a biting midgie and while I am not sure that is what was eating us alive, they are in fact real.

Once we were to DTD we made our way to Wolfgang Puck Express. There we each placed our order.

Amanda and I had the salmon (sorry for the bad pic)

Kira had the chicken alfredo dish. (again sorry for the REALLY bad pic)

Zoe, I believe had pizza. (sorry for no pic)

I believe we all had this for dessert.

After dinner, I think we spit up a bit. Kira needed to speak to her beloved. Amanda needed to have a potty break. I of course took Zoe and we wandered around a bit.

I think this was the night I stopped and grabbed a margarita from the stand. I know I liked it.

After we all were back together it was time to call it a night. It was getting late.

Next up: 9/26 - Day 2 Part 1

Last edited by annmarieda; 12-23-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #34
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

we loved staying at POFQ last October...is our favorite resort to date! we were on the 1st floor bldg 4 on the parking lot side, was so quiet and about a 45 second walk to the bus stop, dining room and pool! we will probably stay there on our 2015 trip - staying at AofA when we go in Nov 2013.
we tried a couple times to take the boat to DTD and never did do it

your dinner looks yummy, never eaten there, we usually go to EofS

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #35
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we loved staying at POFQ last October...is our favorite resort to date! we were on the 1st floor bldg 4 on the parking lot side, was so quiet and about a 45 second walk to the bus stop, dining room and pool! we will probably stay there on our 2015 trip - staying at AofA when we go in Nov 2013.
It is an amazingly nice resort. So small! I would have liked to book there for my next trip, but it was a tad more and as you know from reading my PTR, the fact that the expo is at the resort we will be staying took POFQ out of the running.

Next trip will be fall of 2013. It will be with a group of dis friends (I managed to keep some after this recent trip. ) I don't believe that POFQ is even in the running for us. I wish it were.. but maybe it will be for 2014... wait, that will be a food and wine anniversary trip with dh...so I bet we will try and do an epcot resort. :shock: Oh no! I just realize I am not sure when I will get to go back to my new favorite resort!!!

Quote:
w
we tried a couple times to take the boat to DTD and never did do it

your dinner looks yummy, never eaten there, we usually go to EofS

Normally I think the boat is fine. I am just not sure why it was so full this trip.

And you MUST try WGPE!!! The salmon is among my favorite meals at WDW!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #36
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

I saw your title and it drew me in.

I loved the shot of the mountains from the plane! That view is one of the best parts of flying out of Sea-Tac.

I think you did have a regular DME bus. I'm basing that on the cutout shape on the window of your bus.

I agree that POFQ is a good resort. I stayed their when they had the old beadspreads; I prefer the new ones. It's compact size is nice. The night I took the boat from POR to DTD, the line was really long. However, we waited because we had tried to take it on a prior night and it had not been running due to the weather. I wonder if you had a similar situation, with a lot of people who hadn't been able to take it a prior night for some reason. I also noticed it seems like every time I go to DTD is the same time that everybody else is trying to go to DTD.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #37
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
It is an amazingly nice resort. So small! I would have liked to book there for my next trip, but it was a tad more and as you know from reading my PTR, the fact that the expo is at the resort we will be staying took POFQ out of the running.

Next trip will be fall of 2013. It will be with a group of dis friends (I managed to keep some after this recent trip. ) I don't believe that POFQ is even in the running for us. I wish it were.. but maybe it will be for 2014... wait, that will be a food and wine anniversary trip with dh...so I bet we will try and do an epcot resort. :shock: Oh no! I just realize I am not sure when I will get to go back to my new favorite resort!!!

Normally I think the boat is fine. I am just not sure why it was so full this trip.

And you MUST try WGPE!!! The salmon is among my favorite meals at WDW!
our thanksgiving trip is with a bunch of DIS friends too (from the scrapbooking threads and will be meeting up with Tink too )
we would love to stay at an epcot resort someday too, but wow a lot of $$

we keep saying we are going to try WGPE, but never make it...EofS is just too tempting for us - excited DLR DTD finally has one! I don't care for seafood, yup I know a NW girl who doesn't like seafood but know there's other dishes I'd like to try!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #38
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

POFQ is such a sweet resort. I'm glad we tried it once. It was very convenient to be so close to everything.

The food at WGPE looks great. I haven't eaten there in years. I'm game to try but the rest of my family isn't. Maybe I'll have to tag along with you one of those times?
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #39
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Wow it is crazy how long you had to wait for a boat! Taking boats to DTD is a great perk of POFQ - as long as you can use it lol Loots like you had a great first day though!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
I saw your title and it drew me in.
:Welcome: I am glad you are here and hope that I don't disappoint!

Quote:
loved the shot of the mountains from the plane! That view is one of the best parts of flying out of Sea-Tac.
Thank you! I am not always able to get this shot, but was glad I was on the right side of the plane to see them.

Quote:
I think you did have a regular DME bus. I'm basing that on the cutout shape on the window of your bus.
I think you could be right! I looked at the seats and they do look right for a DME bus.

Quote:
agree that POFQ is a good resort. I stayed their when they had the old beadspreads; I prefer the new ones. It's compact size is nice. The night I took the boat from POR to DTD, the line was really long. However, we waited because we had tried to take it on a prior night and it had not been running due to the weather. I wonder if you had a similar situation, with a lot of people who hadn't been able to take it a prior night for some reason. I also noticed it seems like every time I go to DTD is the same time that everybody else is trying to go to DTD.
Who knows, I just know it seemed like everyone was trying to take the boat that night.

Quote:
our thanksgiving trip is with a bunch of DIS friends too (from the scrapbooking threads and will be meeting up with Tink too )
we would love to stay at an epcot resort someday too, but wow a lot of $$
It is a lot of money! My girls and I were blessed to get an upgrade to YC once and ever since I have wanted to go back. Yet each time I look at the cost and think "next time".
Quote:
we keep saying we are going to try WGPE, but never make it...EofS is just too tempting for us - excited DLR DTD finally has one!
I have been to both, but honestly I like WGPE more. Course, it was very busy when we went to EofS last December so maybe that is why.

Quote:
I don't care for seafood, yup I know a NW girl who doesn't like seafood but know there's other dishes I'd like to try!
I too am not too found of seafood. In fact, the only time I eat salmon is at WGPE! I do like tuna though and will eat that, but anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
POFQ is such a sweet resort. I'm glad we tried it once. It was very convenient to be so close to everything.
It is, and I really am wondering if CSR is just going to be way too big for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
food at WGPE looks great. I haven't eaten there in years. I'm game to try but the rest of my family isn't. Maybe I'll have to tag along with you one of those times?
DEFINITELY! We should plan on something for February, for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Wow it is crazy how long you had to wait for a boat! Taking boats to DTD is a great perk of POFQ - as long as you can use it lol Loots like you had a great first day though!
I didn't mind the wait too much. After all, it wasn't like we had an ADR to keep or a park to get to. And the boat ride was worth waiting for as it was so relaxing.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #41
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I wonder why POFQ was not in the running for our trip...I think I will need to do some FDM and see what that price comes out to be. I wonder if it is because of the PIN code...hmmmm.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder why POFQ was not in the running for our trip...I think I will need to do some FDM and see what that price comes out to be. I wonder if it is because of the PIN code...hmmmm.
I think it is because two of the gals already live POR/FQ!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #43
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/26 - Day 2 Part 1

9/26 - Day 2 Part 1

We all woke as planned. This was ever so exciting because it made me think we might be on track for sticking to our itinerary.

As soon as Kira and Amanda were ready, they went to Sassagoula Floatworks to get beignets. They brought them back to the room so we could eat them before heading to the bus. Lets just say, this was quite the messy endeavor. Mousekeeping certainly earned their tip that day!

I LOVE these and this was a factor for me in wanting to stay at POFQ. I would have thought we would have ate these every day, but sadly we did not.

Our itinerary had us catching rd, but one thing always leads to another it seems and we arrived JUST as the ceremony was happening. We could see it as we walked up, but it just wasn't quite the same.

We did not find ourselves too off schedule as were able to hightail it to the new fantasyland to ride dumbo first thing. More of an experiment, but also because Kira was wanting to "go fast" since she was a bit disappointed that we missed the rd ceremony - we split into 2 and 2. Kira and Amanda made their route through the castle. I know they were all but running. Zoe and I meanwhile turned right to head through tomorrowland. We taking a leisurely pace, were able to make it to Dumbo ahead of Kira and Amanda. So just a tip to throw out there. If you want to make it to that part of fantasyland quickly, it is better to route yourself through tomorrowland. (IMHO)

In fact, it seems like we were so quick miss most of the crowds.

I love how bright and new the ride is!

All together again, the girls were all smiles.

The new splash area is super cute, but we didn't stop to play. I couldn't have Zoe getting wet.

Admittedly, my memory is fading and I am using photos to "jog" it. So I assume we then rode the Tea Cups. While waiting in line, we noticed that a bit of a celebrity was riding along with two lucky little girls.

The girls all rode together while I rode in a separate cup. This was so that I could takepics while they spun to their hearts desire.

After the tea cups we rode on Winnie the Pooh.

As we headed back into the older part of fantasyland, I took a picture of these. Aren't they neat?

Even got a picture of the construction

We then had time to ride IASW and maybe watch Mickey's philharmagic. (I say maybe because I have no pictures but I think we took the time then to ride.)

It was then getting close to the time to check in for Zoe's BBB appointment in the castle. We had just enough time for a quick ride on the carousel. Kira and Amanda wanted to ride space mountain and not the carousel. It was right then that I realized I had left the voucher for the pp+ back at the room. This meant that Kira and Amanda would not be able to add the ride photo to the card at the time they rode. I didn't worry so much though because all the rumors had said all one had to do was take down the number and go to any photo location to add. I did know that I needed to get it before we had lunch so the girls and I discussed plans and then they went off to SM

Zoe on the carousel.

Off the carousel, Zoe tried her hand at removing the sword from the stone.

Next up: 9/26 - Day 2 Part 2

Last edited by annmarieda; 12-23-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #44
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/26 - Day 2 Part 2

9/26 - Day 2 Part 2

FINALLY, it was time to check in. We went into the boutique to check in. (along with a gazillion other people )

So we waited.

And waited....

And waited...

I believe that Kira and Amanda were able to ride SM a couple times and even grabbed a snack before heading back to the castle to find we were still waiting.

I swear that they forgot about us. We had checked in long before group and group after us had and yet we were the last ones sitting and waiting. In fact, everyone would get their FGMIT and Zoe would be left. New groups would come and they would all be escorted back. Yeah..pretty sure they forgot about us.

Kira went up to check and just about the time she did, out came Zoe's FGIT.

Now, I don't want to say anything mean about her. She was very kind to Zoe and very nice in general. However, she was not very good. She struggled with hairpiece after hairpiece. (throwing out several since she managed to tangle them so) She took forever. In the end, she placed the hairpiece on slightly crooked and Zoe's hair looked "several days old" not "just done". Before she was done with Zoe, someone who looked to be a supervisor came up to her to say they would be having a talk once she was done with Zoe. Still she was very nice and did her best to make it a special experience for Zoe. I think we had a better experience in DTD and it makes me sad that this was the last one Zoe had. (she doesn't want to do it again because she is getting too "old"). I did like the decor better in the castle though.

Here are pictures of the event.
[

After we were done, we went over to the photo session. We did not pay for the hard copy pictures, but we did want the photos done and added to the pp card. (which at this point was just a regular one that we were adding to)

The line for that also was long and we waited.

And waited...

And waited...

Kira and Amanda did a little shopping while were waited. This is where Amanda got her cute Minnie ears that she will wear on much of the trip.

Photo session pictures

Finally done, we decided I would head back to the room and send all the girls on their way.

Next Up: 9/26 - Day 2 Part 3

Last edited by annmarieda; 01-07-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #45
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a very full morning that day! I had to when you said that you made it to Dumbo first. Going counter clockwise is the way to go!

Now, even though the end result of your visit to BBB looks so cute, I would have been pretty angry if everyone else is seated before me. You are a very patient person, Ann.
But the photos turned out really cute. You have a very sweet princess on your hands there.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: