Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

awe! I was wondering how your trip was after the race. Glad to see you've made your way back

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Your title made me come in and what you wrote has me intrigued. I am in.
Glad I have you intrigued Not sure I will be able to keep you entertained though... I may actually be a tad boring.

Glad that you are here though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I am here! WAHOO...
I was hoping you would make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Hi Ann! I too have been really bad with the TR...I don't think I'll be able to do one for our Sept trip. But I'll chime in on yours once we get to the part where we had our Dismeets! I can't wait to hear about the trip!
I would certainly read your TR if you wrote it, but I do understand finding it hard to do one though. It is hard to believe it was nearly a quarter of a year ago!!! Still, I guess for me I needed to move on and a way for me to do it is to get back to dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm here!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Joining in! You've done a great job creating suspense for this report, I can't wait to read all about it
suspense... where? Oh... here? I am HORRIBLE at creating suspense, but thank you for that (what I take as a) compliment.

Glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
awe! I was wondering how your trip was after the race. Glad to see you've made your way back
Slowly, slowly I have made it back. But I am here and gonna try really hard to write a good report that isn't too.... too... well, too filled with negative drama.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/25 - Day 1 Part 1

9/25 - Day 1 Part 1

The day started like most travel days for us. EARLY! This time though, Kira was not living in the same house as me. This only mildly complicated things since she still only lived minutes away. The night before however, she and her dh signed the papers on their house so this was the last morning she would wake in her apartment. (just tuck that piece of info away and remember that for later )

Since I drive a big ole beast (a suburban), it made sense for me to drive to them and pick everyone up there. I arrived with Zoe and all of our luggage right on time at 3:30am. Josh (Kira's dh) was ready and enthusiastic. He was going to ride along, say his good byes and then drive my car back to town. The girls however, they were not so bright eyed and bushy tailed. It took some doing on both Josh and I's part, but soon... we were loaded and on our way.

The drive from our small town to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is normally about an hour. Course, at this time in the morning, traffic wasn't too bad and I believe we made it there in better time than we expected.

We got through security fine. Then we went to our gate. (pretty standard stuff here ) I do believe our gate was the absolute farthest one out. We walked on and on. Finally there, we got situated. I am pretty sure there were some snacks involved and potty breaks began.

I also went to the gate agent to get Zoe's priority boarding pass. With her medical issues having a seat not far from a restroom is best. Could we live if it was not nearest the rest room? Probably. However since we need to bring supplies in it is easier to be discreet when right next to the rest room. Since she is under 18, she is allowed one guest to board with her. Guess that'd be me.

Since I had been dealing with that while others were taking their breaks, I was last to take my potty break. I always seem to be the last one and just as usual, I am always in the restroom when I hear the boarding call. I had to run to get to Zoe and grab her so we could in fact still preboard.

I had hoped that the girls (Kira and Amanda) would get seats near us. On one leg of our flight they did and on the other they did not. I believe that this was the one they sat behind us on.

Just because this update is sparse on pics here is a couple from the flight from Seattle to St. Louis.

We arrived St. Louis and the normal routine began. Potty break, acquire food and achieve getting Zoe her pre board pass. I can't entirely remember what was ate. I think burgers and pizza from various stands. Soon we were back on our way.

On this leg, I am pretty sure the girls were far back in the plane. I didn't mind so much though since I had a nice lady sit next to me. We chatted most of the flight. She was on her way to WDW too. Her dh was in the military. So we had some subjects that kept us busy talking.

Not long we were landed and were very excited to be in FL.

Don't they look excited?

It had been a long day but we were all very eager to get to our resort so we could check in and then grab some dinner.

Next Up: 9/25 - Day 1 Part 2

Last edited by annmarieda; 12-20-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

yay you started! I know how you feel about the early mornings when flying to WDW...sucks for us west coasters! I LOVE your photos of the mountains above the clouds, so beautiful!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
yay you started! I know how you feel about the early mornings when flying to WDW...sucks for us west coasters! I LOVE your photos of the mountains above the clouds, so beautiful!
It does suck! A 6:30am flight isn't too bad though. Strange though, when I have a 6am flight it seems so much worse!

I love trying to get mountain shots when we fly. I don't get to see the other mountains routinely, but when the Rainier is out I see it from my house.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

You guys sound a lot like us - we always try to get that early flight and get up super early to go to the airport! I love your pictures from the plane too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #22
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
It does suck! A 6:30am flight isn't too bad though. Strange though, when I have a 6am flight it seems so much worse!

I love trying to get mountain shots when we fly. I don't get to see the other mountains routinely, but when the Rainier is out I see it from my house.
we might take the red eye when we go next thanksgiving so we don't loose the entire day, who needs sleep we'll be at Disney!!!

IMHO there isn't a more beautiful site than Rainier on a sunny day love driving down 5 and seeing it!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

What a sweetheart Josh is to drive your car back and send you alll off on your trip!

Gorgeous mountaintop pictures!!

Of course the girls looks stunning and ready to tackle WDW!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Are there any direct flights from WA to MCO?
yes for certain airlines...we always take Alaska Airline since I HATE layovers and will avoid them at any cost if I can!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #26
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
You guys sound a lot like us - we always try to get that early flight and get up super early to go to the airport! I love your pictures from the plane too!
Yep, We don't have much of a choice. Flights are either very early in the morning or very late at night. Leaving at 3:30am from our house got us to MCO at 6:30pm. And the late night flights get us there around 8am. Now, there is the time difference, but still it makes for a very long day.

Quote:
we might take the red eye when we go next thanksgiving so we don't loose the entire day, who needs sleep we'll be at Disney!!!
We considered a red eye. However since Amanda has only flown once or twice and was pretty nervous about it, we figured it best to not "try" to have her sleep through the night on a plane.

Quote:
What a sweetheart Josh is to drive your car back and send you alll off on your trip!
Josh really is a great guy. I am very lucky in who my older two kids have found. I think both Josh and Kim (Zach's gf) are amazing people.
Quote:
Gorgeous mountaintop pictures!!

Of course the girls looks stunning and ready to tackle WDW!
Thanks!

Quote:
Are there any direct flights from WA to MCO?
Yep, as mentioned... Alaska flies direct.

Quote:
yes for certain airlines...we always take Alaska Airline since I HATE layovers and will avoid them at any cost if I can!
We use to only fly Alaska. However their prices for flights between seatac and mco have been so much higher than other airlines we kinda have all but stopped. I do miss those direct flights though. It really cuts down on travel time.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #27
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

How pretty the mountain looks in your pictures!

Yay for arriving in Florida!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #28
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Love your morning pictures of Mt. Rainer...I miss the mountain view I had in Colorado! What a good son getting up and taking you to the airport!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #29
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Yes, gorgeous pictures! I saw them on my phone last night, and said, hmm okay, then I saw the big version on the PC this morning, and ... wow!
I love how the mountains look like little islands - you sure you don't live in Hawai'i? :-)
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #30
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Hi Ann, I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about the trip!

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: