Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #256
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
B was so nice to have made the day special for Kira like that. Kira was thrilled.

yeah... just trying to pretend I was someplace else. The headache came later. I am not sure how much of that was due to the heat though.

Nothing "serious". Problematic, yes. But.. just par for the course. She has her good days and her bad when it comes to the spasms that cause her pain. During the fall trip it just happened to be a time where she was experiencing more than normal.
That's too bad she was experiencing more than normal on the trip. Do you think she was picking up on the stress level between people? Or the heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
So life has been ever so busy. For those not following other reports I have been working on... I did the phm, came back to find Steve had lost his job, had more and more work pile up (normally I am not allowed more than 40 hours, but the week I came back from fl, I got 53 hours in) Good thing on the hours cause then I registered for the 2013 ToT 10 miler.

Running has been a bit part of my life now and so as I am getting excited for the Ten Miler... I began watching some video recaps of last years race.

Now remember I have very few pictures from the race. B had told me not to get my camera out so that we could save time. (since she would have the better camera out and she would share) Well... after we had our falling out... no pictures.

So as I sat watching the videos, imagine my surprise and excitement when at about 6:30 in this video is a clip of B and I!!!

ToT recap video

What an awesome experience! I really can't wait to run it again. I think it is funny how I never would have known how much I enjoyed running or the rundisney events had it not been for B encouraging me to embark on this journey. I will forever be grateful to her for this.
Cool, with the Big Bad Wolf!

Bummer about the pictures though.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #257
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

10/2 - Day 8 Part 2

Wow, weeks go by between my updates and I get further and further away from this trip. And with that... I have fewer and fewer memories.

That being said, lets see if I can continue on...

So 10/2 was Kira's birthday and we had a birthday breakfast and then rode her favorite ride in MK... and she rode it over and over.

After a quick dismeet with Su Lynn and her husband at the hub, it was time for lunch at CRT.

I have quite a few pictures of the meeting of Cinderella. I know everyone has their own way of doing things, but there is one photo of B and Zoe that I have 70 different ways that it was saved. Not sure why... just the way B did things. So with all those plus the various pictures that had other people in the shot or a different shot... I have TONS of Cinderella CRT pictures.

After meeting with Cinderella, we sat and waited to be called.

We were seated in a spot that wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. We were able to see the princesses.

Food was good. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Pasta.(grilled chicken breast, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms tossed with papparedelle pasta and a light cream sauces then garnished with prosciutto bacon)

I am not sure what everyone else got. I do know (due to the picture) that someone ordered the Major Domos Short Rib

I think it was B since she sat across from me.

During lunch, Kira was suffering the effects of the previous nights meal. (too much fried seafood) She spent quite a bit of time in the restroom, poor girl. She does this every time she eats fried seafood. She can't quite control her self with the quantity and then the next day has a more personal relationship with the nearest restroom than she would probably like to have.

Dessert came when in between her many trips.

Someone had this (not myself or Kira) I believe it is the flourless chocolate cake.

I know that Kira and I both had the Pumpkin cheesecake. (really more of a mousse that was inside a shell and topped with cranberry sauce) Which brings me to an overall complaint with the desserts during this trip. Mousse... really? It seemed like everything was some variation of a mousse. Not that I completely mind...but I can only take so much flavored whip cream. At least this one had a shell to give it some texture.

With lunch done, we all started our way out. On our way though, the second (and third) room in our group made it to their CRT ADR and were seated near us. Now, originally we were all going to dine together...however I suspect that B was having her own issues with S and K..well, for sure K... I know that K didn't like B and visa versa. So I have to suspect that this caused some tension between S and B... and so S and her dil and K and S's granddaughter had their meal at CRT separate.. I can't be certain what the reason was.

Since Zoe had really made friends with the two little girls, it was really nice to get a picture of all of them together.

Next Up: 10/2 - Day 8 Part 3

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-13-2013 at 01:13 AM.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #258
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Oh, kind od seating drama at lunch.

Looks like a lovely time though. I just had to when I saw the pictures and everyone's hands and cell phones in it.

Food looks nice and I could not agree more with you on the desserts. Lots of mousse type things. That's why we are happy to no longer do the DDP. So we can skip courses.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #259
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Oh, kind od seating drama at lunch.

Looks like a lovely time though. I just had to when I saw the pictures and everyone's hands and cell phones in it.

Food looks nice and I could not agree more with you on the desserts. Lots of mousse type things. That's why we are happy to no longer do the DDP. So we can skip courses.
It would have been nice for Zoe had the other girls been with us...and honestly, I don't know/remember what the true reason that they didn't dine with us. Maybe there would be too many of us? That would have taken our party up by another 4 when there was already 6 of us.

I probably could have cropped those pictures...but I was too lazy. Besides...it is kinda funny to see the photos on the screens of the other cameras.

Food there was good. I am not sure it is "signature" but it was good... and I am actually looking forward to trying a non dp trip. I do hope to get the TIW card before the fall. I hope that it will be a good fit...especially when it comes to options like the mousse that I really would like to skip...but on dp feel compelled to get. The frustrating thing was that it was listed as cheescake. on no planet could that have been considered cheesecake.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #260
MEK
DIS Veteran

Poor Kira. Can I just say that I have experienced her plight myself.

Your food looks relish - especially the desserts. I have never eaten at CRT but if I ever have a granddaughter she will be dining there for sure.

That picture of Zoe with her new friends is absolutely adorable! So cute!

Looks like an overall nice experience.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #261
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Poor Kira. Can I just say that I have experienced her plight myself.

Your food looks relish - especially the desserts. I have never eaten at CRT but if I ever have a granddaughter she will be dining there for sure.

That picture of Zoe with her new friends is absolutely adorable! So cute!

Looks like an overall nice experience.
I wish that Kira didn't have to go through that on her birthday. I think she still had a nice day though!

Definitely take a granddaughter there!!! CRT is very special. The food isn't to die for (IMHO) but the experience is awesome!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #262
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Doesn't sound like a good way to spend your birthday.

The food looked good.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #263
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Doesn't sound like a good way to spend your birthday.

The food looked good.
Overall, I think Kira had an awesome birthday. I am just sure she could have done without the restroom breaks.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 AM   #264
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

10/2 - Day 8 Part 3

I can not for the life of me remember much of what we did after we left lunch. Strange as it is... looking back at pictures I don't have any from either camera. The girls dont have any. Where did we end up?

I do know that we did not plan a dinner ADR since we had the lunch we did and were planning to meet back up with B and L for the Wishes Dessert party.

This was another aspect of our trip that B took care of and booked. I believe she then had to check us in and did so before we arrived...meaning that we had to do some verification of who we were in order to get our bracelets. It is all fuzzy in my memory.

Zoe and I were behind Kira and Amanda (were we having a restroom issue ) So Kira and Amanda were first to arrive. B had already got us a table and was seated there when Zoe and I did arrive. We got our bracelets easy enough and were able to find them.

If memory serves, B took Zoe around to show her the selection as the girls and I also oo'd and ah'd over what was put out.

Everything looked so good. (even thought this picture doesn't make it seem so)

The selections while pretty, were one variation or another of a pudding or mousse. (which to me all seemed like flavored whipped cream ) I think I was odd man out on this call... but I wasn't impressed with it. I think everyone else (except for perhaps Zoe) was happy. I would have just like something that I had to chew.

The evening itself with B and L was a bit odd.. and I wasn't sure if I was misreading or if tension was building. We did not speak much that evening.

The rain began to come down and we were glad to be under cover. It did present a bit of a problem when it came to firework viewing.

I ended up moving to another area to get some shots. I didn't get rained on hardly at all...

After Wishes was over, we had just enough time to head to one ride. What ride?

You can tell by Kira's hair how much it had been raining. I can't remember where B and L headed off to, but it was not with us. I am not even sure they signaled to let us know they were leaving.

Did I say one last ride? Well, that was for some of us. Kira though had to get her one last favorite birthday ride in.

Despite the rain and the fact the park was closing we managed to get this pp picture...one of my favorites of the trip.

Next Up: 10/3 - Day 9 Part 1

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-27-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #265
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update, Ann!
How fun to find someone who has "holes" in their trip report of times they can't remember what happened. Ever so often I need to ask Tom about what we did at any given time, as I completely forget.

Sorry to hear about the dessert party. I am pretty sure, when we last went they had some "solid" staples as well as I remember several different cookies and brownies. Didn't they have any chocolate covered strawberries? They are one of my favourites. Everything that comes in a "glass" is pretty much creamy stuff there, you are definitely right.

I love your Buzz Lightyear photos! And Kira got one more SM ride! Good for the birthday girl! Love the photo of all of you in front of the castle at the end of the day!

Ann, I got your PM and am going to answer it in a few minutes.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #266
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great update, Ann!
How fun to find someone who has "holes" in their trip report of times they can't remember what happened. Ever so often I need to ask Tom about what we did at any given time, as I completely forget.
Ya know... I think it was either this trip or the fact I am getting older... but I have never had more trouble recalling events. Of course... we are how many months out now? that could have something to do with it too.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the dessert party. I am pretty sure, when we last went they had some "solid" staples as well as I remember several different cookies and brownies. Didn't they have any chocolate covered strawberries? They are one of my favourites. Everything that comes in a "glass" is pretty much creamy stuff there, you are definitely right.
I think there were some solid food items at the party. I believe some cookies... and some strawberries.. but I think they went fast. I seem to remember Zoe wanting one of the strawberries and they being out of them.

Quote:
I love your Buzz Lightyear photos! And Kira got one more SM ride! Good for the birthday girl! Love the photo of all of you in front of the castle at the end of the day!
Thanks. I know that Kira loves to try to fit one more thing in... I am glad she was able to on her birthday.

Quote:
Ann, I got your PM and am going to answer it in a few minutes.
Cool. I know it is just silly of me. I was just excited and wanted to share....even if it doesn't happen. Honestly, I keep flip flopping one moment to the next. One minute it is "yes, this is going to happen" to the next being " maybe it won't happen" I will be sure and let you know if it does. I have been reading so much more than last year. Even coming across scary rumors...that had me all worked up until I realized it was only a rumor.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #267
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha I always seem to have the "I have absolutely no idea what happened here" holes in my TR too!

Your lunch at CRT looks nice, despite the drama!! And how fun to do the dessert party - we've never done that before, but how cool to relax, eat dessert, and watch Wishes!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #268
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

CRT looked like the perfect place to celebrate! Love all the pictures of Zoe and the princesses!

Ahhh, rain but at least you were covered and dessert...what better? I remember you texting that night...sorry that such fun things planned that day the tension had to build...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #269
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I have always wanted to do the dessert party but something tells me not to. All the people in front would have bothered me. The food looked good.

I have had reports where I could nto remember what happened.

Great update and pics.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #270
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha I always seem to have the "I have absolutely no idea what happened here" holes in my TR too!
I never did quite as bad as for this trip. Although the mystery of what happened that afternoon may have been solved. We did have an afternoon where we went to the pool.... I wonder if that isn't in fact what we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your lunch at CRT looks nice, despite the drama!! And how fun to do the dessert party - we've never done that before, but how cool to relax, eat dessert, and watch Wishes!!
It was fun to do both CRT and the dessert party. I probably would have done neither if it were not for the prompting of B. She was great at getting me to step outside my comfort zone and try something new

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
CRT looked like the perfect place to celebrate! Love all the pictures of Zoe and the princesses!
It was a perfect day in so many ways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post

Ahhh, rain but at least you were covered and dessert...what better? I remember you texting that night...sorry that such fun things planned that day the tension had to build...
Tension may have just been me. Maybe I blew it out of proportion in my head... maybe I read to much into things. However since communication just wasn't great... who knows...

Quote:
I have always wanted to do the dessert party but something tells me not to. All the people in front would have bothered me. The food looked good.
Given that I currently take medication to help regulate my insulin... it probably isn't the most wise thing to have dessert for dinner like we did... but to be honest... I dont think I gorged myself on it. Between feeling like I was on someones bad side... and the rain.. and yes...even the crowd, I think I just wasn't feeling like eating a lot. Add in that a good percentage of the desserts were "soft" ones like pudding or mousse... yeah... but it was fun and someday I WILL do it again.

Quote:

I have had reports where I could nto remember what happened.

Great update and pics.
Thanks I just cant believe how many gaps I do have in this report. Course... we are soo far out now and I didn't take notes. I am lucky if I remember where I put my keys yesterday so it is not surprising I guess that I can't remember everything from this trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: