Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #226
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Just caught up on your TR...awesome pics!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #227
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
NO WAY DO I WANT TO DO THIS WHEN WE GO! I have done 2 commando trips and I want to experience WDW through a non-rush pace. I do like rope drops though...get there have some fun and then go back and relax before heading back in the evening. This trip is a relaxed trip with just hanging out with friends, that is what is important. I want to enjoy the moment, the people, the food, the setting...
I can't wait to spend the time with you girls. You think the young girls can keep up with us?


Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with you...I love Starring Rolls, but unlike you, we've not been for awhile. I'm not sure I'll get there in June or August either.

That's great that Zoe got picked to me part of Festival of the Lion King, but I'm sorry she started to be in pain and couldn't finish. That poor sweet girl. I can't believe that Kira couldn't figure out where you headed.

Rafiki's Planet is another thing we have to try to get in on our August trip.
yeaah.. I am not sure why they wouldn't guess... but then... both she and Amanda are young 20 somethings. It all worked out fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Just caught up on your TR...awesome pics!
Hope you enjoy.
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #228
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,179

holy cats that is a lot of m&m's on that cupcake, I got a sugar high just looking at it Fun DHS morning.

I think it's great you were able to accommodate the wish to be at AK so much, that's cool. What a bummer for Zoe that the pain happened in the middle of the show like that and how stressful to end up disconnecting like that, I'm glad you all eventually found each other and were able to turn the stress around and down.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #229
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
holy cats that is a lot of m&m's on that cupcake, I got a sugar high just looking at it Fun DHS morning.

I think it's great you were able to accommodate the wish to be at AK so much, that's cool. What a bummer for Zoe that the pain happened in the middle of the show like that and how stressful to end up disconnecting like that, I'm glad you all eventually found each other and were able to turn the stress around and down.
As good as it was to accommodate Kira's desire to travel to AK... it was also not something I EVER want to do again. Traveling to the park is normally a pain... but I swear we went there almost daily. Too much. However...doing things that Kira likes helps to keep her happy... and if it isn't something I totally mind then I don't have a problem with it. I think I take that approach with most people. Just try and do what ever...just to keep them happy. (as long as I took can be happy in what makes them happy) I think that can be what surprise people about me sometimes then... I play their way and let them drive until I really am opposed. Then I just put my foot down and say "no". I think that can be a challenge to some when they are use to directing me around.
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #230
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
As good as it was to accommodate Kira's desire to travel to AK... it was also not something I EVER want to do again. Traveling to the park is normally a pain... but I swear we went there almost daily. Too much. However...doing things that Kira likes helps to keep her happy... and if it isn't something I totally mind then I don't have a problem with it. I think I take that approach with most people. Just try and do what ever...just to keep them happy. (as long as I took can be happy in what makes them happy) I think that can be what surprise people about me sometimes then... I play their way and let them drive until I really am opposed. Then I just put my foot down and say "no". I think that can be a challenge to some when they are use to directing me around.
Oh I hear you there! I would give and give and give and then one day...I'm done. No grey, all black and white. At a certain point enough is enough and you have to say no and sometimes I kick myself for not having said it more, early enough as to have let it get to that point.

Daily to AK is a heck of a lot of travel...unless you are staying at AKL. Still, it was nice of you.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #231
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,126

All caught up.

Great updates and pics.

The cupcake looked good.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #232
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
All caught up.

Great updates and pics.

The cupcake looked good.
That red velvet cupcake is the ONLY red velvet cake I will eat anywhere. It is quite yummy.
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #233
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,273

10/1 - Day 7 Part 3

Since AK was closing, we needed to make our way out of the park and to one more park for the day... Epcot.

We didn't have a lot of time to be there since we had a dinner reservation that we would have to get to. We mainly were stopping at Epcot along the way in order to use the bus transportation.

However, we did go through Innoventions.



And of course we had to try to get a picture of Amanda trying the Beverly in Club Cool. (which, btw.. still confuses me... I don't' mind it and actually it is my favorite selection)


We walked ourselves to the International gateway and then out of Epcot. We had to get to the BC to have dinner at Cape May. This had been a bit of topic of debate. It was tossed around as a meal the night before the race. I know how I handle fish and how I don't like it... and how Kira likes it.... and figured it would not be good the night before a big race. However, I did want to try it and so we had reservations for this night instead. All of our reservations were made with the idea that both rooms would dine together. However for what ever reason, it was just my girls and I who showed for this meal.





I was actually impressed by the selection of food, but the food itself just didn't thrill me. Kira of course ate mass quantities. She loves fried fish...things.

Once dinner was over we ventured outside and found that a very special fireworks display was in progress. It was the anniversary (30th, I believe) of Epcot and Illuminations was upscaled to celebrate. We saw it quite well and were surprised. So surprised I didn't get good pics... but a few none the less.






Getting late, we made our way to the bus stop. From there, I am not sure where we went. OH, now I remember. We went to MK since EMH was going on until midnight. I am almost certain that Kira took Zoe in with her to ride SM once (thus getting in her 4 parks in a day goal) Amanda and I went back to the hotel. We were just beat. Plus, we had a very early morning that I wanted to get rested for.

I don't think we were back to the hotel for long before Kira came. I think...

Next Up: 10/2 - Day 8 Part 1

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-22-2013 at 12:33 AM.
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #234
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,902

I love fish, but I was not impressed with Cape May either (and the price is insane!).

So Kira got in all four parks in one day. Now that is
__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #235
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more
 
Caitsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: By the shore in RI
Posts: 5,597

Hi, just read your whole TR, thanks so much for sharing!
__________________
Caitsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #236
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love fish, but I was not impressed with Cape May either (and the price is insane!).

So Kira got in all four parks in one day. Now that is
I forgot she actually did make it. I remembered her suggesting to us... but it wasn't until I was remembering that we had to travel from BC to MK that I remembered she had to get that last ounce of time in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
Hi, just read your whole TR, thanks so much for sharing!
I hope it was ok to read. Did you read through it all... comments and everything? Or did you use the links? And if links, the ones on page one or just at the end of each post? AND if you used the links, did you find them helpful?
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #237
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more
 
Caitsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: By the shore in RI
Posts: 5,597

I used the links on the post on the first page.. i am home sick today from work, and this helped me cheer up and look forward to my trip in oct!
__________________
Caitsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #238
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,600

Ann, I am so far behind, sorry. Yes, it was perfectly fine to snag my pictures. I'm glad you spent time with us in the line. JJ and Zoe seemed to have a great time and along with the other princess kept everyone entertained. I wonder why no other kids joined in the fun?

Oh my, a real corset on Amanda.

I'm glad you got to see the dwarfs. From your text, I thought you didn't. I'm glad we got there 2 hours early and waited before the party rather than during the party. We missed Jack Sparrow. Great picture of the girls with him.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #239
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,600

Was that M&M thing a cupcake?

Too bad you couldn't get Zoe to the restroom as soon as she was having discomfort. Don't you hate when family can't read our minds?
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #240
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
I used the links on the post on the first page.. i am home sick today from work, and this helped me cheer up and look forward to my trip in oct!
Sorry to hear that you are home sick... but glad that the TR helped you get through the day.

Yes... looks like we will be going around the same time! I arrive 9/28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Ann, I am so far behind, sorry. Yes, it was perfectly fine to snag my pictures. I'm glad you spent time with us in the line. JJ and Zoe seemed to have a great time and along with the other princess kept everyone entertained. I wonder why no other kids joined in the fun?
I was so happy that the kids played so nicely. Zoe really enjoyed herself! I was happy to spend time with you!

Thanks for the use of the pics! They were great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Oh my, a real corset on Amanda.
right? Things you can get away with in your twenties...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm glad you got to see the dwarfs. From your text, I thought you didn't. I'm glad we got there 2 hours early and waited before the party rather than during the party. We missed Jack Sparrow. Great picture of the girls with him.
I am glad we got to see them. I think next time I will line up maybe a tad earlier. Course...we were not that late to line up. Better than we did at MVMCP when we were down under the bridge and waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Was that M&M thing a cupcake?

Too bad you couldn't get Zoe to the restroom as soon as she was having discomfort. Don't you hate when family can't read our minds?
The m&m thing was a brownie. (I think) Amanda didn't share.

I really wish that there would have been a way to leave before the mass exodus. It would have made it a tad easier. I would think that they would allow you to leave for the restroom. Am I wrong that they don't allow it? Or was it just that cm?
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: