Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #211
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
You are very lucky you saw the dwarfs! I would love to get to one of the holiday parties and see them. That would be incredible.

Since they only come out for the parties they are a much do... and a first to do since the line gets pretty long. So if you do get to a holiday party, make sure to line up early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post

Great job with the race.The character experiences you are able to enjoy seem very nice.

Can't wait to read more!!!
If meeting characters is something you enjoy then disney races are a must. Now... I like to see the characters... but I don't have to have my picture taken with them. For the most part I can run by and be happy. So running is a pretty important part of the race for me. It doesn't have to be though... for the most part as long as you can maintain a 16 minute mile you can walk and have fun with characters (and really even that isn't the case if you start in an early enough corral... I know that close to an 18 minute mile was held for the phm and people were not removed from the course)
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 AM   #212
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

10/1 - Day 7 Part 1

I really need to finish this report since I am losing more and more of my detailed recollection. You will all have to forgive me if things may seem a tad... jumbled.

We started our day of in DHS. I am not entirely sure why we went to ST first, but we did.

We got there so early that we were the ONLY ones to ride in our shuttle.

A bit eerie isn't it?

From there we hoofed it across to TSM. We had a bit of a wait and I believe there was debate over if we should or should not wait. In the end though, I have the picture to prove that we rode.

Who ever I rode with, I certainly was equally match against.

Next it was time for a show. While this isn't my all time favorite show in Disney, it is not a bad one and I find I can watch it on each trip.

We were kinda hustling from one side of the park to the other, but we wanted to make that show (or run the risk of not seeing it at all) So we got there a tad late and didn't get great seats. (up front and to the right)

I remember thinking that it was odd to have been walking down on the floor of the theater just a couple nights before. (to pick up bags after the race)

Next it was time to get some lunch. My absolute favorite place to get lunch in DHS is Starring Rolls. I see that changing... since I get the same thing each time... and honestly, I may be a bit bored of it now.

Zoe loves this dessert though and I am not sure she is yet tired of it.

Amanda wasn't feeling hungry or wanting a dessert until she saw this.

Where did this one come from It must have been what Kira had.

After lunch we left the park to head to AK. Yes, AK again. I think there wasn't a day that went by that we didn't got there.

Next Up: 10/1 - Day 7 Part 2

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-13-2013 at 12:06 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #213
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you are always up so early and are at the parks right when they open. We have such difficulty getting out of bed on vacation.

You know, we have not been to the Indy show in ages, maybe we should make it there again one of our next visits.
And I do understand about SR! Tom usually has the sandwich, while I stick to a cupcake.

Can't wait for the next update!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #214
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I can't believe you are always up so early and are at the parks right when they open. We have such difficulty getting out of bed on vacation.

You know, we have not been to the Indy show in ages, maybe we should make it there again one of our next visits.
And I do understand about SR! Tom usually has the sandwich, while I stick to a cupcake.

Can't wait for the next update!
You get up early on occasion. I saw the pictures of that sunrise to prove it! I guess it all depends on motivation. On this day, we were motivated to get to DHS early enough to ride TSM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #215
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
You get up early on occasion. I saw the pictures of that sunrise to prove it! I guess it all depends on motivation. On this day, we were motivated to get to DHS early enough to ride TSM.
Well Ann, yes you are right, we do get up early on occasion. Then, when we haven't ajusted to the time change. Lateron in the trip we do have problems with getting up in every sense of the word.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #216
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

So is Starring Rolls on our list or not?

I am so glad you are rope drop person...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #217
MEK
DIS Veteran

OMG - Those desserts are amazing. I am trying to diet and looking at those pictures was a BIG mistake! Stomach is growling. Mouth is salivating!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #218
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
So is Starring Rolls on our list or not?

I am so glad you are rope drop person...
I think if you all want to go there, I am totally on board. I wouldn't mind sharing a sandwich either since they are huge. Might have to get my own dessert though...
Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #219
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG - Those desserts are amazing. I am trying to diet and looking at those pictures was a BIG mistake! Stomach is growling. Mouth is salivating!

Starring Rolls always has yummy things. Although, I was surprised to see the red velvet cupcake at DQ last month. I asked if it was the same one they have at SR and they couldn't say.

I have also read that if you ask nicely, you can sometimes get the grapefruit cake from BD at SR.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #220
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

10/1 - Day 7 Part 2

So we left DHS to go to AK. Kira LOVES AK. It is her favorite park. I think this is what influenced our near obsessive visits to AK on this trip. I did not schedule us to go there on this day... but somehow we ended up there.

Honestly, I remember very little about getting there. Did we go back to POFQ first and then take a bus to AK? Did we take a bus from DHS to AK? I think that is what we did.

Ak never stays open long though, so we really didn't have a lot of time to spend.

We went to watch FOTLK. We were rather early and got great seats. However, not as good as the people ahead of us who decided that they would just go ahead and sit in the handicap section. It was sad when a cm came up and instructed them that the seats were needed for a family with someone in a wheel chair. The dad about lost his mind. He had got there first. He had come early. Why did they need all of those seats when the person in the chair had a seat?!? See, by the time the family who needed the seats showed... the theater was quite packed. The rows directly behind tried to accommodate he and his family, but it was tight and in the end they had to split up in order to all get seats. Now... I found him incredibly rude and HORRIBLY insensitive. However... I do think there is something to be frustrated by when the family comes in just before the door closes and gets a good seat.

Moving on though... as I said we had good seats.

But wait... who got picked for something?

It wasn't long though in the marching that I could tell something was up with Zoe. She had that look. That look that told me she was fighting the pain.

She came over to me and I knew we had to get to a restroom asap. Course, they dont let you get up and leave.

I cradled her and told Kira and Amanda that they needed to grab everything because once they let us out, I would be making a bee line for the restroom with Zoe. They shook their head.. but apparently had no idea what I was talking about.

Show over I stood up with Zoe in my arms. I tried to hustle out ahead of the crowd and got yelled at by a cm. She would not let me leave just yet. Zoe by this time was crying.

Meanwhile, Kira and Amanda had no clue where I had just went. (and I didn't know this) I got Zoe to the restroom. (good grief she is heavy) and we took care of business. I kept expecting the girls to come in... so we waited. They never did.

I did not have my cell phone since it was with the girls. They were a bit panicked. They did not know how to figure out where I was. (to me it would seem obvious )

Zoe and I went out to the character spots and met characters while we waited. I figured they had to retrace and come back to us at some point, yes?

Well, eventually they did. Well, Kira did. She was not particularly happy. She nor Amanda were all that happy. But there really was nothing I could have done. Zoe was more important to me at the time.

Once we were all together though, the stress level came down and we were back on track for a good day!

So we decided to take a relaxing train ride.

We spent some time up at rakii's planet watch, but the park was about to close so we pretty much rode up and then back.

With the park closing it was time to go to yet another park.

Next Up: 10/1 - Day 7 Part 3

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-18-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #221
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Even though you weren't too excited by it, your lunch from Starring Rolls looks good!! (Especially that M&M/chocolate-looking thing!!)

So sweet that Zoe was picked to participate in FOTLK - such a great show! I'm sorry to hear that she wasn't feeling well towards the end of it though - hopefully she was feeling better after that!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #222
momabaarjo

WOW...what a lot of park hopping. I love your let the moment take you whatever park attitude. Sorry about Zoe and the miscommunication with the big girls, you are right...Zoe at the moment was the most important thing!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #223
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Even though you weren't too excited by it, your lunch from Starring Rolls looks good!! (Especially that M&M/chocolate-looking thing!!)
I always enjoy my food at Starring Rolls, I just think after my most recent trip, I am a bit... well, I wouldn't even say burned out. It is just the same each time, KWIM? And the M&M Brownie... I don't know how it tasted. Amanda didn't share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
So sweet that Zoe was picked to participate in FOTLK - such a great show! I'm sorry to hear that she wasn't feeling well towards the end of it though - hopefully she was feeling better after that!
Zoe loves to participate and is not the least bit shy in doing so. It is unfortunate that she has the issues she has... but luckily, often the pain that occurs is short lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
WOW...what a lot of park hopping. I love your let the moment take you whatever park attitude. Sorry about Zoe and the miscommunication with the big girls, you are right...Zoe at the moment was the most important thing!
It was a lot of park hopping. I actually think Kira suggested we try and kit MK that day too...just to say that we hit all four parks in a day.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I really hope you don't all want to do that in the fall. It is a bit exhausting and takes up too much time.... but, that being said I will just enjoy hanging out with you so... I am game. (even if it isnt my first choice)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #224
momabaarjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
It was a lot of park hopping. I actually think Kira suggested we try and kit MK that day too...just to say that we hit all four parks in a day.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but I really hope you don't all want to do that in the fall. It is a bit exhausting and takes up too much time.... but, that being said I will just enjoy hanging out with you so... I am game. (even if it isnt my first choice)
NO WAY DO I WANT TO DO THIS WHEN WE GO! I have done 2 commando trips and I want to experience WDW through a non-rush pace. I do like rope drops though...get there have some fun and then go back and relax before heading back in the evening. This trip is a relaxed trip with just hanging out with friends, that is what is important. I want to enjoy the moment, the people, the food, the setting...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #225
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm with you...I love Starring Rolls, but unlike you, we've not been for awhile. I'm not sure I'll get there in June or August either.

That's great that Zoe got picked to me part of Festival of the Lion King, but I'm sorry she started to be in pain and couldn't finish. That poor sweet girl. I can't believe that Kira couldn't figure out where you headed.

Rafiki's Planet is another thing we have to try to get in on our August trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: