Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #196
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ann, I'm not sure where I last commented on. First congratulations on finishing the race...very proud of you. And I love the picture of Zoe with her medal...she looks adorable. I'm so sorry about things with you and because I know how close you two had gotten.

What a weird taxi driver you had. I really never had a desire to stay at the Boardwalk, but I'm really getting excited about our upcoming stay there in December (we'll be in the Villas).
Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #197
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

what a strange taxi driver...bet he doesn't go to the parks very often
breakfast looks yummy, never tried Kouzzina before....we would love to stay at an epcot resort some day too!

weird about B and the girls...happy you were able to get the KTTW replaced at the park! cool that Zoe got picked! we've only done CS at Yak & yeti, lunch does look good!

good luck at the PHM and have a magical trip!!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #198
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say good luck & hope you're enjoying the race atmosphere down there now!!
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #199
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
No worries, I was just saying that I was shocked to hear there was any friction that day. I would have never guessed that in a million years.
I am not sure there was friction so much as things were "off". I could have just been fatigue from the previous night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The flight sounded good. Nice pics looking out the window.Thanks, I like to try and get pictures of the mountains as we fly over
Seems like a nice night in DTD. I dont think I ever have a bad time in DTD. I guess there really isn't a need to rush and so it is always a bit more laid back
Fun times in New Fantasyland. ALWAYS, a good time to be had there.
PP+ has a lot of rules. LOL. Some make sense and some do not. Yeah... I would definitely be more prepared the next time
Looks like a fun time at Epcot with princesses. The princesses are always neat to dine with when you have a small one with you.
Great pics at 1900 PF. I found the breakfast really good there. I did too.
Little arguments are good for people. Just so long as you make up.I agree. I have NEVER not made up with someone.
That is too bad about he card but glad to hear the agent was right about the info they gave. It worked out fine. It was a tad stressful though
Not one of the best days to have at WDW. Hopefully it gets better. Most trips for me have ups and downs. So when I have a down moment...there is always bound to be a good one right around the corner.
Pepper market is a nice place to eat and CSR is gorgeous. I have to say that I liked it better when there was a buffet...but it definitely is a gorgeous resort.
Congrats on the race.Thanks!
The breakfast looked good.It was... I LOVE spinach
All caught up. Look forward to more I hope to get back into and get some updates soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
I've been following your TR... I haven't been to Kouzzina's yet but your breakfast looked amazing. Sounded like the perfect meal after a long race the day/night before. I also saw that you ate at Yak & Yeti and got the salad. That restaurant is great- did any of the girls try the miso salmon? That was soo good, got it last year.
Breakfast was perfect. The girls did not try the salmon. (at least I don't think they did ) I might have to try that in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
Anyhow, it's too bad you got into it a bit with "B". Was this lady that you met up with a member of this board? Just wondering if it would cause friction if she saw your trip report on here, lol. Sometimes when I vent about people that annoy me (Hmm like my sister in laws aka Anastasia and Drizella, Cindy's wicked step sisters) I get paranoid that they might somehow stumble upon it..
To be honest... a final blow was when she saw some questions I posted on a thread. She knew they were in reference to her and she didn't appreciate it. I can't say I blame her... but by the point I posted asking opinions on if choosing to "ditch" your friend during a race is bad mojo... she was pretty much not willing to talk to me about plans for our next race. I have come to believe that when running a race together it is important to be fairly equally matched in pace (within a few minutes per mile between you) and for the faster runner to be ok with keeping a slower pace AND the slower runner to be ok should the faster runner want to take off on their own. If any of those elements are missing then I think the race can become a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ann, I'm not sure where I last commented on. First congratulations on finishing the race...very proud of you. And I love the picture of Zoe with her medal...she looks adorable. I'm so sorry about things with you and because I know how close you two had gotten.
Thanks. Despite all my complaining I have done since, the race was a lot of fun and I enjoyed spending the time with B. (so much so that the phm was a bit sad for me. )
Quote:
What a weird taxi driver you had. I really never had a desire to stay at the Boardwalk, but I'm really getting excited about our upcoming stay there in December (we'll be in the Villas).
Taxi driver was weird!

You are staying in BWV? I am super jealous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Just wanted to say good luck & hope you're enjoying the race atmosphere down there now!!
Thank you! I started the TR for that as you know (I do have the right person this time, right ) The atmosphere is definitely what I love about rundisney!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #200
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/30 - Day 6 Part 2

Once we left AK, we had to go back to POFQ to get ready for MNSSHP.

B had left our tickets for us and went on ahead. We were suppose to meet up with her and Michelle (from here on dis) in the line for the dwarfs.

It took a bit to get us into costume. (well, it took a bit to get Amanda into hers talk about some cinching up! She wore a real corset!)

Once ready though we got out to the bus stop and waited.

Michelle was able to be first in line for the dwarfs and B and L were not far behind.

When we got to the dwarfs, I went to say hello to Michelle. Zoe and I went while Amanda and Kira held our place in line. B and L stayed put.

I hope Michelle doesn't mind that I snagged some of her photos. I thought I had the same ones, but apparently not. (Michelle, I can take them down if you need me too )

It was not long before a little girl came up to us and stood longingly as if she wanted to join in Zoe and Anakin's fun. I told myself I would remember her name, but now I forget. They become the best of friends and you would have thought these three knew each other forever!

I know realize I was pretty rude to B and L (and maybe even Amanda and Kira) since I spent a good amount of time with Michelle and her family. It was hard not to though since Zoe was having so much fun filling the wait time with play time. I think I went over to say hello to B and L... but they did not get up from their spot.

Meanwhile, storm clouds were brewing. The dwarves came out and Michelle and her family were through and on their way. Then B and L were on their way. And since we were not that far behind, we soon were near the front of the line. Then it started to sprinkle and chaos began.

A fairly inexperienced cm decided that dwarves would move under the walkway of the nearby building. Since this is also where they met people in December, I assume this is common practice. What is not however is to move the line. It was crazy. The cm started to wind the entire line of people so that the queue started under the walkway. As the snake of people wound around the building it became hard to tell where one part of the line started and another began. It ended up being just a giant crowd of people under the awning.

Soon a more experience (looked like a supervisor) came out and lost his mind (in as much as a disney professional cm would lose their mind.) He demanded that the line be moved again back to where it was originally.

All the time it took to get us all under the awning and around the building and then to have us all snake our way back? Keep in mind... we were only a couple groups back. If they had started this process just maybe 3 minutes later... maybe we would have been through the line since once the line was "settled" were were done almost immediately.

After this, we tried to stay dry but spend some time trick or treating. I knew that this was part of the party, but who knew you got so much candy?!

The storm just seemed to be causing us more and more trouble. Amanda had an elaborate costume. It looked amazing! Comfortable though, it wasn't. She sported some high-healed pirate boots that as they got wet became increasingly uncomfortable for her.

This night was further complicated by Zoe's condition. She was experiencing a lot of spasms and so wasn't feeling great.

We decided to forgo the first parade and get dinner at Pecos bills. (sorry, it was so crowded and I think food even got spilled - so no pics). While it gave three of us a chance to dry off and mellow, one of us was cinched into her costume so much that getting food into her belly was a challenge and sitting was even harder! She was a pretty good sport, but I think she was pretty happy to leave and try and do something else.

I think we may have rode POTC and then we went to meet Captain Jack. Zoe was so excited. She made a note in her book that this was going to be the first time she met a pirate. Captain was on a bit of a break though so we had to wait. At least it was under cover. We were not far back in the line, so we hoped to see him soon. Once he came out the line moved quick, but Zoe started to show some signs of distress. Just as we were about to meet Captain Jack, she started to cry and was doubled over in pain. I had to rush her out of the line and to the nearest restroom. (where I am sure someone thought I was killing her because she was screaming since she was in so much pain)

Meanwhile, Amanda and Kira enjoyed their meeting. Captain Jack was very impressed with Kira's ears and tried to figure them out.

He made Kira giddy

When he turned his attention on Amanda, she was less impressed.

What great character interaction! I am so sad that Zoe and I missed it.

Zoe and I spent a good amount of time in the restroom. The fireworks began before we were done. We got out barely in time to see any of them.

We spent the rest of the night trick or treating. We went on just a few rides (HM and TTA for sure)

When it came time for the parade, due to the rain the Headless Horseman did not ride. I do not have ANY pictures of the parade.

Kira loved all the trick or treating and could have stayed longer. However with Amanda and her costume and Zoe and her health... we just didn't make it to the end of the party... but we came close.

Next Up: 10/1 - Day 7 Part 1

Last edited by annmarieda; 03-12-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #201
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

He made Kira giddy

Oh - I love these pictures! Too funny!

I also love your costume -its great.

Oh my - poor Zoe. Does she get spasms a lot and is there anything she can do for them? What a shame to only half be able to enjoy the party. I hope she was feeling better by morning.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #202
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh - I love these pictures! Too funny!
Thanks! There were actually more... but I posted just a few of my favorites. I wish that Zoe had been able to meet him... and I wish I could have seen it all....

Quote:
I also love your costume -its great.
I struggled with what to wear for so long. There was a total of 8 of us... and then an extra 2... and originally we were all going to go as princesses. Then a couple people decided they had other thoughts... and from there no one could really match up. I think B and L matched and Zoe and I... But that is about it.

Quote:
Oh my - poor Zoe. Does she get spasms a lot and is there anything she can do for them? What a shame to only half be able to enjoy the party. I hope she was feeling better by morning.
I think there is not a day that goes by that she doesn't experience them. She could take medication for them... but she doesn't like the medication. Normally she just copes... it is a moment of "ouch" and then it is over. This night though was really bad for some reason. In fact, the entire trip was hard for her (and for Kira and Amanda who had to listen to her) We have a pretty good system in place now though... I think that last fall we didn't. As far as enjoying the party... I think if you were to ask her... she would say she totally did. By morning I am sure she was better as I don't remember too much of out of the norm....
Old 03-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #203
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ann, your photos are awesome! I love your costume!

Now the line confusion for the dwarfs sounds like a real pain and so sorry that you missed all the Captain Jack fun.
Poor little Miss Zoe, I hope she felt at least a little better towards the end of the party.
Sorry you missed the fireworks - guess you will have to go to the party again.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #204
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thank you! I started the TR for that as you know (I do have the right person this time, right ) The atmosphere is definitely what I love about rundisney!!!
Yes

MNSSHP looks like fun, sorry you weren't able to enjoy all of it. The costumes look great. And I love watching kids quickly become best friends in line! We had a long wait for Captain Jack last year and my nephew and a girl behind us were having so much fun that by the time we got to Jack, he didn't care about meeting him at all.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #205
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Ohhhhh, poor Zoe! I am so glad though that she felt great playing with Anakin, and you got a chance to visit with Michele.

Corset and high heel boots, oh how the young are so foolish...but she looked great!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #206
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ann, I love the pictures of you and Michelle and the kids...you can clearly see you were having loads of fun together.

The photopass pictures and interaction with Captain Jack are priceless...so sorry you and Zoe missed it.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #207
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ann, your photos are awesome! I love your costume!

Thanks.

Quote:

Now the line confusion for the dwarfs sounds like a real pain and so sorry that you missed all the Captain Jack fun.
It was a pain. I couldn't believe we were almost up to see them and they moved the line. Then we were again just about to see them and the line had to be moved again.

Quote:

Poor little Miss Zoe, I hope she felt at least a little better towards the end of the party.
Sorry you missed the fireworks - guess you will have to go to the party again.
I felt bad for her. Sometimes even I forget that she has a fairly serious medical condition. Her condition is actually listed on the american disabilities as one the grants her "disabled" status. She is so smart and so outgoing... AND such a trooper. It is hard to think of her as disabled.

I would have liked to see the fireworks... looks like fall I will get to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Yes

MNSSHP looks like fun, sorry you weren't able to enjoy all of it. The costumes look great. And I love watching kids quickly become best friends in line! We had a long wait for Captain Jack last year and my nephew and a girl behind us were having so much fun that by the time we got to Jack, he didn't care about meeting him at all.
I love that about some kids too... no all kids are so outgoing... but when a few get together that are... it definitely is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Ohhhhh, poor Zoe! I am so glad though that she felt great playing with Anakin, and you got a chance to visit with Michele.
It was wonderful seeing Michelle! She and her husband and Anakin are such wonderful people! Since Zoe is always around older people it was nice for her to spend some time with someone her own age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post

Corset and high heel boots, oh how the young are so foolish...but she looked great!
She looked amazing...and there were more than a few male cast members who broke character a bit when she and her "girls" were around. That corset just made her already natural blessing more blessed. (if you know what I mean ) Her costume was very high quality too... but MAN by the end of the night she was miserable.

Quote:
Ann, I love the pictures of you and Michelle and the kids...you can clearly see you were having loads of fun together.
There were actually a ton of pictures that Michelle posted to her TR. The kids were so happy to play together! I didn't mention that I think the cm's also thought their interaction was awesome because a couple of them got involved in their play a bit.
Quote:
The photopass pictures and interaction with Captain Jack are priceless...so sorry you and Zoe missed it.
I wish that we had not missed it. However, sometimes things just turn out the way they do...and you just have to move on. I know it won't be the last time I go... course... for poor Zoe it may be a while before she goes back during fall.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #209
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love all the costumes! Jack though has a wee too bit much rouge for my taste

Poor Zoe, and poor you, that has to be so hard. I didn't realize she had pain like that on a daily basis. What a trooper than she can just regroup and keep going.

Fun fun pictures.
I too thought the rouge was a bit much. Incidentally there was a much better Captain Jack in line behind us (to meet Captain Jack) Honestly, I would have preferred to have pics with him. Too weird to ask though... but we did at least tell he and his friend (a "wench") that they had amazing costumes.

As for Zoe, she is a strong kid. You just would never know she had the issues she does... well, as long as you don't share a room with us. She doesn't know life any differently and as a kid... is super adaptable.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #210
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

You are very lucky you saw the dwarfs! I would love to get to one of the holiday parties and see them. That would be incredible.

Great job with the race.The character experiences you are able to enjoy seem very nice.

Can't wait to read more!!!

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: