Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #181
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

What a great post run day! Your breakfast looked really good!

We didn't sleep in much either. We got to bed about 4ish too and my mom did a good job of keeping the boys quiet until 8:30ish. We then begged my mom to get us 'real' breakfast at the food court. We were staying in the THV but those egg sandwiches sounded way better than cereal and milk!

But I'm sure that B is the 'adult' here right?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #182
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Great update. What an interesting cab ride. Your breakfast looks really nice. Lunch not so much. How odd that neither of them acknowledged each other. Yet later that day I was acknowleged in a very friendly way, unaware that there was any real friction.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #183
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You were abducted huh? that's pretty funny.

yup, pretty sure. It would explain a lot.
Quote:
I almost ordered that exact breakfast at Kouzzina when we were there but ended up with a different item, that I absolutely adored. Planning on going there next year!
There seemed to be quite a few items that I would like to try. I am the type of person who looks over a menu from WDW a dozen times before a trip to "plan" what I wan to eat. This was not what I assumed I would want, but when I saw it on the menu in front of me I knew it was perfect!

Quote:

Sometimes a cab is the right way to go!
That is one thing that I really learned from this trip (aside from the fact that people can see me in ways I never really imagined. ) I anticipated using a cab next week too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
What a great post run day! Your breakfast looked really good!
It was really good!

[QUOTE=Disneychix;47506711]

We didn't sleep in much either. We got to bed about 4ish too and my mom did a good job of keeping the boys quiet until 8:30ish. We then begged my mom to get us 'real' breakfast at the food court. We were staying in the THV but those egg sandwiches sounded way better than cereal and milk![quote]

Yeah... I wouldn't have thought cereal and milk would have sounded as good either. I think I needed the salt and the protein along with some carbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
But I'm sure that B is the 'adult' here right?
Well, they both are... at least should be. However, I suspected that between all that happened on both the prior nights... B was going to be a bit standoffish. I just don't know why Amanda was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great update. What an interesting cab ride.
Thanks, it was an interesting cab ride. All I kept thinking was "if you hate WDW so much why are you driving guests to and from WDW"

Quote:
Your breakfast looks really nice. Lunch not so much.
Breakfast was amazing... lunch was fun. Kira loves Yak and Yeti. I am not a huge fan. This is one reason I wasn't heart broken to not get a meal there. I shouldn't have got anything though...
Quote:
How odd that neither of them acknowledged each other. Yet later that day I was acknowleged in a very friendly way, unaware that there was any real friction.
I was thinking about that. Granted... my memory is fading and patchy... but I think that I found you before I found her and she made no initial attempt to say hello to the girls and I. When I finally noticed where she was, she was just sitting and staring at us. Also, I think I told you I think she hates me now...mostly in jest... but also to kinda lighten the situation because I did suspect she was not happy with me. However, when she came over to us (it was her that came to us, right? Not the other way around?) she did seem very friendly... so maybe I am completely misreading the "staring". Afterall, I truly can not speak to what her thoughts were or how she was feeling. I know that if my dh is tired he comes across as distant and cold. Even though that really isn't him... but he is just a bit less "outgoing" than I am (which says something cause I aint all that outgoing. )
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #184
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Like tammie said a few posts back, I love knowing all the behind the scenes details.
Do you have to copy everything I say and think...lol
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #185
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

HMMMM...thinking that if I work summer school maybe we could splurge the 2 days before and fulfill both of our dreams of staying at BC!

Did you go to breakfast by yourself? Confused!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #186
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo
HMMMM...thinking that if I work summer school maybe we could splurge the 2 days before and fulfill both of our dreams of staying at BC!

Did you go to breakfast by yourself? Confused!
Ah... The Epcot resorts!

And... Yes, I ate all by myself. The girls didn't want to take the time for a sit down because they wanted to get to the park ASAP (and not spend extra money). B had her own plans that morning.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #187
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I think you went to her after chatting with us for ages. But way before you arrived, she did. She came up to my family and introduced herself. We had a very nice conversation and she was very friendly. She stayed talking to us until she saw she needed to get back to her cousin. There was absolutely no sign of friction. She did make a comment that you ran too fast and she had to really push herself to stay near you. But she was laughing about it and never said an unkind word.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #188
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you went to her after chatting with us for ages. But way before you arrived, she did. She came up to my family and introduced herself. We had a very nice conversation and she was very friendly. She stayed talking to us until she saw she needed to get back to her cousin. There was absolutely no sign of friction. She did make a comment that you ran too fast and she had to really push herself to stay near you. But she was laughing about it and never said an unkind word.

I really do not want to imply B is anything but a very nice person. One reason we hit it off so well was because of how kind and generous she is. Does she have some quirks? Perhaps, but we all do. So... I would not have expected her to say anything unkind. I am the one who has a hard time not opening my mouth and saying things I will regret.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #189
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Love the Boardwalk area!!! Kouzzina breakfast is one of my favorites - your meal looks so good!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #190
amandaw
DIS Veteran

We might have passed each other at WWoS! I remember when I was finishing the 5K that the kids corals were quite full! And it was HOT that day indeed!

I will say this about your run - I honestly wish I had had someone running the 5K with me who would've helped to push/motivate me. Given how horrible I was feeling, it was really hard motivating myself to do better. So, I think there was nothing wrong in your motivation tactics.

Your breakfast looks delicious! I really want to try breakfast there one day!

Glad you were able to get the KTTW replaced without too much of a headache.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #191
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut
Love the Boardwalk area!!! Kouzzina breakfast is one of my favorites - your meal looks so good!
One of my all time favorites! For sure! I can't wait to eat there again in just one week
Old 02-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #192
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw
We might have passed each other at WWoS! I remember when I was finishing the 5K that the kids corals were quite full! And it was HOT that day indeed!

I will say this about your run - I honestly wish I had had someone running the 5K with me who would've helped to push/motivate me. Given how horrible I was feeling, it was really hard motivating myself to do better. So, I think there was nothing wrong in your motivation tactics.

Your breakfast looks delicious! I really want to try breakfast there one day!

Glad you were able to get the KTTW replaced without too much of a headache.
The decision to replace the KTTWC I think worked out much better than going all the way back to the room. The girls had such a long wait for the ak bus... Then it stopped at (I think) blizzard beach. I this this way took far less time.

Breakfast was excellent and a perfect choice.

As for the run- it isn't like me to push so hard. I think it wasn't until the very end that I truly got that I was pushing. I think I figured- she was younger... Had a qualifying time almost exactly the same as mine... And while I suspected I may have got out training more frequently than she did..., I figured that the other two facts were more important... And her complaints along the way? Well, I know I may complain when I really am not suffering all that much. So point is- it wasn't nice of me to push... I just didn't realize I was pushing as hard a I was.

The kids race... Yeah , it was so hot out! I can see why the 5k was held so early in the day.... Any later and all of you would have been much more miserable than you were!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #193
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I really do not want to imply B is anything but a very nice person. One reason we hit it off so well was because of how kind and generous she is. Does she have some quirks? Perhaps, but we all do. So... I would not have expected her to say anything unkind. I am the one who has a hard time not opening my mouth and saying things I will regret.
No worries, I was just saying that I was shocked to hear there was any friction that day. I would have never guessed that in a million years.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #194
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The flight sounded good. Nice pics looking out the window.
Seems like a nice night in DTD.
Fun times in New Fantasyland.
PP+ has a lot of rules. LOL. Some make sense and some do not.
Looks like a fun time at Epcot with princesses.
Great pics at 1900 PF. I found the breakfast really good there.
Little arguments are good for people. Just so long as you make up.
That is too bad about he card but glad to hear the agent was right about the info they gave.
Not one of the best days to have at WDW. Hopefully it gets better.
Pepper market is a nice place to eat and CSR is gorgeous.
Congrats on the race.
The breakfast looked good.
All caught up. Look forward to more.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #195
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

I've been following your TR... I haven't been to Kouzzina's yet but your breakfast looked amazing. Sounded like the perfect meal after a long race the day/night before. I also saw that you ate at Yak & Yeti and got the salad. That restaurant is great- did any of the girls try the miso salmon? That was soo good, got it last year.

Anyhow, it's too bad you got into it a bit with "B". Was this lady that you met up with a member of this board? Just wondering if it would cause friction if she saw your trip report on here, lol. Sometimes when I vent about people that annoy me (Hmm like my sister in laws aka Anastasia and Drizella, Cindy's wicked step sisters) I get paranoid that they might somehow stumble upon it..
purpledisneyprncess is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: