Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #136
amandaw
DIS Veteran

WOW. That was quite the day you were having.

I'm so sorry for all of it.

And I don't blame you for getting more stressed out and overwhelmed at the Expo - that place was crazy!!!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #137
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

How stressful about your DV - and the rest of your day!!! I hope things calmed down after that! It is easy to get short-tempered at Disney, I think there's just SO much going on at one time, especially in a group with multiple people, it's not easy to keep everyone happy at every moment!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #138
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness Ann, what a stressful day! It really is hard traveling with a group, especially at Disney World. If I had lost my DV and attended the expo, with the reality setting in that I would be running the race, I probably would have freaked out with a full on panic attack. I think you handled yourself very well

And wow, what are the chances that your friend would end up sitting right behind Kira on the bus. How unfortunate that this would be your friends first impression of Kira

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #139
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Delurking to say I've read all of your trip report so far, and I really admire your positivity. Every little and big bump you've faced in this trip, you seem to twist it to find something positive.

Good luck on the PHM. It's definitely an accomplishment to finish it.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #140
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What a stressful day! The CC thing alone may have put me over the edge and how wonderful that they allowed it to stay open for Disney charges, I'd have expected them to require you to cancel the card and I know if that happened to us on a trip it would be a total nightmare. We use our DV for the exact same thing.

Interesting though, this makes a case FOR having a CC on your room, versus not. A call from Children's on top of it, I'd have been drained and you hadn't even had lunch yet. I admit, after dealing with all that and seeing the rest of my party already eating, it wouldn't sit terribly well with me either. Not that there was anything wrong with them going ahead but it would make me feel a bit left out and out of sorts though I'm sure that wasn't their intention.

What an unfortunate series of events. Mother daughter blow ups can be their own thing and how awkward for someone who is an outsider to that relationship to view it unknowingly. I can just see how impressions might be made, or unmade in that kind of context.

I'm with you, I would not be comfortable buying an "I did it" shirt before the event either.

I know this isn't the end of the series of unfortunate events but am glad at least you had a stress free dinner and that Chase took good care of you. That's something, right?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #141
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry that you had such a bad, stressful day on vacation

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #142
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

wow sorry for the bad day! and the fact it had a part in you loosing a friend! hope things were better for you and Kira in the morning!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #143
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Finally catching up after missing a week last week with sickness and work.

I'm so glad you remembered to see the Muppets after all this time.

The rain you had at the Studios is the rain we had our one day at Epcot in September. It was awful.

We finally got the cowboy on the Great Movie Ride last year.

We enjoyed the slight changes to Fantasmic, and glad they had the DJ's keeping the kids involved while waiting for the show.

I'm so sorry for the long, stressful day you had with the Disney Visa, etc. I have to say although I hate Chase as a bank, they are very good when dealing with them on a credit card issue.

I'm so sorry about the troubles with Kira and then the situation with your friend, who is no longer a friend. If this is the person I think it is, I am truly sorry as I know how close you two had become.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #144
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Ann, so sorry to read your bad day update. I vaguely remember you telling me about the CC. Sorry things ended that day with a bang between Kira and you.

I'm sorry that Zoe has bedtime issues. Our night time routine with JJ is very stressful. I could just imagine what it would be like for someone not use to it.

Their pictures from AK are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Ok Tink, will take you up on it...think we will be trying it in DLR, will let you know if we survive

It's a deal. Don't wimp out on me
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #145
luckylady
DIS Veteran

A ten minute mile is great. Ummm I take half an hour doing that walking. Don't think I'll ever get to do a 5K like I want thanks to the knees. Good for you on training in the ugh....snow. Your going to do wonderful in the race.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #146
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I'm late, but I'm definitely in!
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #147
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I am so glad to have the background information on that day. I remember that night clearly when I saw your FB post in our group and then having a texting session with you (along with getting all the other OCD girls to do the same). Big hugs, glad you can look back now and laugh a little.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #148
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
WOW. That was quite the day you were having.

I'm so sorry for all of it.

And I don't blame you for getting more stressed out and overwhelmed at the Expo - that place was crazy!!!
Ya know, at the time I was just taking each moment as I went. In retrospect they were all piling up. Even as early as the expo I was just feeling overwhelmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
How stressful about your DV - and the rest of your day!!! I hope things calmed down after that! It is easy to get short-tempered at Disney, I think there's just SO much going on at one time, especially in a group with multiple people, it's not easy to keep everyone happy at every moment!
Things were better from there on out. I expected there would be some time at which Kira would get cranky with one if not all of us. She did pretty well overall. It was just that night that was horrid...really horrid. You are right though...it just isn't easy to keep every one happy 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Oh my goodness Ann, what a stressful day! It really is hard traveling with a group, especially at Disney World. If I had lost my DV and attended the expo, with the reality setting in that I would be running the race, I probably would have freaked out with a full on panic attack. I think you handled yourself very well

And wow, what are the chances that your friend would end up sitting right behind Kira on the bus. How unfortunate that this would be your friends first impression of Kira
thanks. I know I felt much more out of control than I probably looked to just the general passerby. I know my friend knew I as agitated as did Zoe.

It was unfortunate that this was my friends first impression of Kira. The chances of her sitting right behind? Well, that I am not 100% sure of. It was not in fact the last time she was known to linger and watch without sharing she was doing so. So if by chance she did it once.. maybe. If by chance she did it a couple more times... maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Delurking to say I've read all of your trip report so far, and I really admire your positivity. Every little and big bump you've faced in this trip, you seem to twist it to find something positive.

Good luck on the PHM. It's definitely an accomplishment to finish it.
That is so sweet of you to say. I try to look for the positive. I have to make a conscious effort though since I think I am more prone to freaking out. Glad you are here and delurked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a stressful day! The CC thing alone may have put me over the edge and how wonderful that they allowed it to stay open for Disney charges, I'd have expected them to require you to cancel the card and I know if that happened to us on a trip it would be a total nightmare. We use our DV for the exact same thing.

Interesting though, this makes a case FOR having a CC on your room, versus not. A call from Children's on top of it, I'd have been drained and you hadn't even had lunch yet. I admit, after dealing with all that and seeing the rest of my party already eating, it wouldn't sit terribly well with me either. Not that there was anything wrong with them going ahead but it would make me feel a bit left out and out of sorts though I'm sure that wasn't their intention.

What an unfortunate series of events. Mother daughter blow ups can be their own thing and how awkward for someone who is an outsider to that relationship to view it unknowingly. I can just see how impressions might be made, or unmade in that kind of context.

I'm with you, I would not be comfortable buying an "I did it" shirt before the event either.

I know this isn't the end of the series of unfortunate events but am glad at least you had a stress free dinner and that Chase took good care of you. That's something, right?
Thanks for understanding so much!

Yeah, the girls had every right to eat... but I did feel a tad left out. The day was just so many feelings of being pulled in one way or another. It was odd. But yes... at least dinner went well and Chase took good care of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm sorry that you had such a bad, stressful day on vacation
There is often a day that is less than perfect.... this was just it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
wow sorry for the bad day! and the fact it had a part in you loosing a friend! hope things were better for you and Kira in the morning!
Kira can be mad at me one minute to the point that she insists she hates me and loves me terribly the next. Morning came and all was fine again.

The friend appears to not be so easy to change her feelings. I knew this about her though as we established our friendship... since I supported her as she was mad at a friend of hers...who she all together stopped talking to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Finally catching up after missing a week last week with sickness and work.

I'm so glad you remembered to see the Muppets after all this time.

The rain you had at the Studios is the rain we had our one day at Epcot in September. It was awful.

We finally got the cowboy on the Great Movie Ride last year.

We enjoyed the slight changes to Fantasmic, and glad they had the DJ's keeping the kids involved while waiting for the show.

I'm so sorry for the long, stressful day you had with the Disney Visa, etc. I have to say although I hate Chase as a bank, they are very good when dealing with them on a credit card issue.

I'm so sorry about the troubles with Kira and then the situation with your friend, who is no longer a friend. If this is the person I think it is, I am truly sorry as I know how close you two had become.
I too am just trying to get caught up after sickness and work.

You probably do know who the friend is...and thanks. It has been hard. I miss her a ton... but what are ya gonna do? You can't make everyone like ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Ann, so sorry to read your bad day update. I vaguely remember you telling me about the CC. Sorry things ended that day with a bang between Kira and you.

I'm sorry that Zoe has bedtime issues. Our night time routine with JJ is very stressful. I could just imagine what it would be like for someone not use to it.

Their pictures from AK are great!
I think the girls had a great time in AK... I love that we had to pp+ in this case cause I got to see a glimpse at how their day went.

Yeah... nighttime rituals that are hard. We get use to...but bringing people who are not use to them in on it is not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
A ten minute mile is great. Ummm I take half an hour doing that walking. Don't think I'll ever get to do a 5K like I want thanks to the knees. Good for you on training in the ugh....snow. Your going to do wonderful in the race.
Thank you! A year ago I couldn't run around the block... so believe me if I can get here... anyone can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
I'm late, but I'm definitely in!
Glad you are here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I am so glad to have the background information on that day. I remember that night clearly when I saw your FB post in our group and then having a texting session with you (along with getting all the other OCD girls to do the same). Big hugs, glad you can look back now and laugh a little.
It was horrible. I was so glad to be able to vent to you. I really just thought I needed to come home because I couldn't see making it right between Kira and ... my friend. Luckily, as I said... Kira forgets fast how mad she can be at people.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #149
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/29 - Day 5 Part One

We woke the next day early to get Zoe to her race. The other room had two little girls who were also running. I believe we (sans, Kira and Amanda)met out at the Mears bus.

Now, I forgot to mention that the day before we had managed to lose/leave behind Zoe's ak themed mickey ears on the bus. My friend (who I am just going to refer to as B from now on) had been on top of the retrieval process. She made sure to talk to note the bus drivers name to the "man with the clipboar" (see, I am bad with names so I had no idea who the bus driver was that drove us to the expo) She had also told the "man with the clipboard" that we would be out in the morning so that the girls could get to their race.

Well, to start this day on an excellent note - there was "man with a clipboard" waiting for us. He had tracked down the ears and personally had held onto them for Zoe. Just how nice is that?

So now on the bus with B and the two other adult in our party in the next room ("S" and "L") and the little girl in the next room ("K") we got settled. S was trying to get K to have her hair brushed, but K wasn't having much of it. K being a couple years younger than Zoe... I remember how that can go. Not everyone is able to remember though...

S had received an extra set of commemorative ears at the expo (she said she got for free...but I am not certain she didn't just buy them) So she gave them to Zoe. Zoe was thrilled.

Soon we were at WWOS and we made our way to the corrals. Zoe and K were in different ones, however S had family joining that also had a little girl running and she and Zoe were in the same corral.

It was early, but hot! VERY VERY VERY hot. I was glad Zoe was wearing a tank

One thing I truly love about running is the community. It was not long before S's dil and another mother near by and I were all friends. I can't remember if if was S's dil or the other mother, but one of them had a water bottle sprayer...and they shared ever so nicely.

Meanwhile, B and L went off to do something. S and K stayed together in K's corral.

This is what the chaos looked like

After what seemed like FOREVER, the girls (and their new boy friend) were moved up to their start where they continued to pal around.

Kira and Amanda had showed up shortly before and so were around to see that it was then time to get serious

I was a bit surprised that parents ran along with their kids. I am not sure if they felt they could not leave them alone or if they felt that they needed to encourage them.

Once the race started, Zoe and S's granddaughter held hands the entire race. I know I saw a picture of it... I thought I had a copy. Maybe not.

Once done it was time for some pictures. Incidentally, I did not buy any of the brightroom photos that were the "official" photos. Imagine ride photos that you often pass on cause of the cost, only that cost is twice as high. $30..$40 a picture...like a single picture

No thanks.

So I took my own.

There was still the diaper dash to be done and since it was right near where all the runners were handed out their goodies (yes, rundisney does a pretty good job with loading up each runner with food after a race so that no one gets sick) we stuck around to watch.

Look who was coming to encourage the babies

Kira and Amanda were both very interested in seeing the babies meet Mickey. Funny how some young women can have that reaction while others quite literally say that they want no part of seeing it.

Even though I am no longer in that "baby hungry" phase, I still enjoyed watching. Maybe I really shouldn't post pictures of other peoples children... but how absolutely precious was this moment. Mickey would move back and this wee one would attempt to touch his nose. Mickey would again scoot back and the little one would again crawl and reach for his nose. I believe that there is an "official" rundisney photo now that utilizes this child. It was such the embodiment of a "disney moment" if I have ever seen one. Such wonder and magic...

When it was done, both Kira and Amanda vowed that they would bring their child to do this even if they themselves were not participating in a rundisney event. They were so impressed with the diaper dash.

Next Up: 9/29 - Day 5 Part Two

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-27-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #150
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

9/29 - Day 5 Part Two

I am not sure where everyone broke off to, but Zoe and I went to the room for her to get changed and so that she and I could go have lunch.

She staged her items to take a picture of them.

I got one last picture of her wearing them.

Then we were off to get lunch at PM.

I really liked that buffet. What an excellent use of a cs credit! I am so sad that it is no longer a buffet.

Here is just a little bit of our plates. I was trying to make this a substantial meal since it would be my last before the race.

Incidentally, that bagel you see in the above picture... well, it somehow fell into my purse. That normally NEVER happens. But this time it was kinda a good thing as it gave me something to eat right before the race.

After lunch, Zoe did some posing

and I took some pictures of the resort. It is so pretty! I can't wait to stay here!!!

Next Up: 9/29 - Day 5 Part Three

Last edited by annmarieda; 02-09-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: