Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #91
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Absolutely!! The Laugh Out Loud best moment of the evening. LOVE Malcolm.

My husband and I have decided that this season is poorly named. Instead of "Fans Vs Favorites 2", we think it should be called "Fans Vs Malcolm and a Bunch of Crazy Annoying People From Previous Seasons".
Or Fans vs. This is the best group we could get because the interesting people didn't want to be repeat players.

Seems like an odd choice for almost all the so called "favorites" since the only one that really could fit that definition was Malcolm, although I love Andrea. And was soooooooooo glad she didn't get voted off.

I really don't get most of the cast of the favorites, some annoying yes, but others just why are you even here. Corrin? Francesqua? (I like Phillips pronunciation), Brenda, Cochran, Chris (or what's the dumb kids name with the long hair?), some of them I'm like you even remembers these no names? And it is impossible to label Fran a "favorite" no one even remembered her. She lasted one episode, each time as it turns out.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #92
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Cochran drove me nuts on his first season, but he was cracking me up last night. Love Malcolm, and I'm glad to see Eric ("dumb kid with long hair") back. He's not dumb, he just has a weird way of speaking.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #93
TheAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
Cochran drove me nuts on his first season, but he was cracking me up last night. Love Malcolm, and I'm glad to see Eric ("dumb kid with long hair") back. He's not dumb, he just has a weird way of speaking.
Guess I should have said kid that made the dumbest survivor move ever
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #94
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Hi all. New to the thread, and haven't watched the show since the second season so I'm trying to get back in to it. Last nights episode was kind of bleh for me. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #95
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24
My favorite part was when Malcolm put his hand on Cochran's shoulder indicating he was to be voted off, after Cochran finished his story how decisions were made right a TC to vote people off by putting a hand on the person's shoulder to be voted off. And the first reward challenge where he almost lost his shorts!
I totally missed that.

I'm actually glad the fans won immunity. They were so pitiful in the first go round. And I'd have liked to see Francesca go further. She could've been one of the most dominant females physically.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #96
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

I thought it was a good show last night. I love Malcolm, Dawn and Brenda from the Favorites. They were some of my real past faves. Now the others, I didn't really care for, ugh.... The fans, I really don't know many of them yet. I do like the guy with the glasses, he wore a hat.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #97
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
Guess I should have said kid that made the dumbest survivor move ever
True enough!

I don't remember Boston Rob and the touch the shoulder move. Am I the only one?
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #98
SideshowBob
Oil Can aficionado
Screams like a little girl
Doesn't like things that go "bump" in the night
Is a SUPERSTAR!HOT as Heckuba here right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
True enough!

I don't remember Boston Rob and the touch the shoulder move. Am I the only one?
I was having a tough time remembering that as well ... and can't find via search.

Um .... you aren't really "Special Agent K" are you?

"The Enemy's Gate is Down!"
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #99
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

So far my least favorite player on the fans' side is Eddie: "Me and Hope are the best looking people out here." That attitude, combined with all the couples hooking up, is what I hope will be the fans' downfall.

I actually liked Cochran from before. He's a weasel, but he's smart and funny. I hope he and Malcolm stick around. Brandon is certifiable, but he's entertaining to watch. I don't remember Francesca, Andrea, or Corinne. Barely remember Brenda.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #100
TheAviator

What ended up being the real story about Phillip and him being a "Federal Agent" didn't it turn out to be a total lie or something, surely one of you Survivor experts know this
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #101
SideshowBob
Oil Can aficionado
Screams like a little girl
Doesn't like things that go "bump" in the night
Is a SUPERSTAR!HOT as Heckuba here right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
What ended up being the real story about Phillip and him being a "Federal Agent" didn't it turn out to be a total lie or something, surely one of you Survivor experts know this

I think true, but from below from his LinkedIn profile different than what I would think of as a "Federal Agent".

Special Agent Defence Investigative Service DIS Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; Government Administration industry

1986 – 1989 (3 years)

The Defense Security Service (DSS) oversees the protection of US and foreign classified information in the hands of industry, administers the National Industrial Security Program for DoD to include issuance of security clearances to industry, supports the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) in the conduct of personnel security investigations for DoD, provides security education and training in core security disciplines to the DoD Community and provides information technology services that support the industrial and personnel security missions of DoD and its partner agencies.

"The Enemy's Gate is Down!"
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #102
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

The favorites aren't really "favorites" in terms of being the most popular players from their seasons. More of a collection of players from recent seasons that played pretty decent games but made a pretty glaringly obvious mistake. Actually a pretty interesting redemptive storyline, but Favorites isn't really a great title...just like stars in Dancing With the Stars isn't a great title. Probably just done for simplicity sake.

A lot of the player combinations on the Favorite side intrique me. I don't really see too many huge egos like in past seasons of returning players. I see a lot of players who realize they made a fatal mistake last time and are out for redemption. Most are physical players and "gamers". It will be interesting to see if they repeat past mistakes!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #103
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

And, does it not bother anyone else that for the FANS to make two huge mistakes. The old "do they even watch the show" award goes to Shamar for his first day bossiness and then of course the "cool kids" group that makes an alienating 4 person alliance of which 2 members "hook up" in the tent in front of everyone. Seriously! I just don't get it.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #104
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

So bummed Francesca was voted out first. She was my favorite! I don't get how they would rather keep Andrea or Phillip around over her.
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #105
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
And, does it not bother anyone else that for the FANS to make two huge mistakes. The old "do they even watch the show" award goes to Shamar for his first day bossiness and then of course the "cool kids" group that makes an alienating 4 person alliance of which 2 members "hook up" in the tent in front of everyone. Seriously! I just don't get it.
Yeah - I thought that too.

How can you be a FAN and not realize that the "hook-up" alliances ALWAYS get voted off right away.

And Shamar and his attitude really annoyed me. My husband is an ex-Marine and he said that Shamar's behavior was MOST un-Marine like. I think he just has an ego the size of Texas and thought everyone would do what he said because he was big and loud.

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: