Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #1006
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwildernessishome View Post
The list is just some people who "may" be on the show. Later on in that thread another list was posted, that had some different names. So whatever you saw may or maybe the actual cast.

Also, I thought a "spoiler" was who the winner was, or in what order they are voted off. Survivor even does their own show, usually at least a month before it starts when they introduce the players for the season......is that a spoiler too?

I don't know, I guess I wouldn't get a over seeing a name or two when my cursor passed over it........but that's just me!
To some people knowing the cast ahead of time is a spoiler. It's just common courtesy to make non-previewable if it's a spoiler, which she declared the thread is. So to her, the cast list must be be considered a spoiler.

I've never seen a Survivor preshow.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #1007
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
To some people knowing the cast ahead of time is a spoiler. It's just common courtesy to make non-previewable if it's a spoiler, which she declared the thread is. So to her, the cast list must be be considered a spoiler.

I've never seen a Survivor preshow.
Ok...

As far as the Survivor preshow, we see it on the TV guide channel. Jeff, talks about various players, what he sees as their assets and downfalls. He gives snippets about each player. Every time, I see it, I always think that I would be more interested in it after the season has started, when I "know" the players!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #1008
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E1 View Post
Erik does sound bitter, but I agree with him on a lot of things about the reunion show. Why not have the whole cast onstage, and ask each person at least one question? I was also surprised they didn't mention his evacuation from the game. What the heck is this, the Boston Rob show?confused3

I was also bummed there was no mention of Brandon's grand exit. That was one of the best episodes ever! Why ban him from the reunion show? It would have made it more interesting.

I think they should go back to their old format: all new players, a final two, and all contestants onstage at the reunion show.

ETA: I just looked at the cast for next season. Ugh. Aside from maybe one player, I don't care for any of them. What a letdown.

Last edited by Ride Junkie; 05-14-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #1009
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwildernessishome View Post
The list is just some people who "may" be on the show. Later on in that thread another list was posted, that had some different names. So whatever you saw may or maybe not be the actual cast.

Also, I thought a "spoiler" was who the winner was, or in what order they are voted off. Survivor even does their own show, usually at least a month before it starts when they introduce the players for the season......is that a spoiler too?

I don't know, I guess I wouldn't get a over seeing a name or two when my cursor passed over it........but that's just me!
I don't consider cast, or potential cast, as a spoiler. I consider spoilers to be the boot list or if someone is medivac'd out of the game or kicked out for being a psycho like Brandon.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #1010
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
I don't consider cast, or potential cast, as a spoiler. I consider spoilers to be the boot list or if someone is medivac'd out of the game or kicked out for being a psycho like Brandon.
I get that. But to me, and others, finding out anything before a show starts would be a spoiler. I, personally, like to wait to watch the show to see who may be returning, to you, maybe not.
I really don't think though asking the OP to kindly add a few blank lines is a big deal. Like I said. It's a courteous thing to do is all.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #1011
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

I love spoilers. Where do I find them?

Never mind, I found the thread here and others on Google.

Last edited by nanajoyx2; 05-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.
nanajoyx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #1012
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #1013
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I get that. But to me, and others, finding out anything before a show starts would be a spoiler. I, personally, like to wait to watch the show to see who may be returning, to you, maybe not.
I really don't think though asking the OP to kindly add a few blank lines is a big deal. Like I said. It's a courteous thing to do is all.
Its no big deal at all to ask the OP to add a few blank lines.

I also think its also not a big deal for anybody who may be sensitive to a topic/post to not run their cursor over the post. I just hit the arrow on the right and look thru the topics, when I see one of interest, then I will put my cursor on it.

Its really not a big deal either way, but to each their own!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #1014
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Where is the list names for next season and is that what jeff is off filming or is September already filmed and he is filming the next one for next winter

Last edited by Kurby; 05-14-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #1015
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
I agree!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #1016
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

This was my post on another message board...I'm too lazy to write it all out again.

I've kinda gotten over the excitement of who wins every season ya know? I didn't really care who won this season although I must say that was probably the weakest final three I remember in quite a while. When I first started watching the show in season one, I only watched the TC segments to see who got voted off...didn't watch the rest of the episode until season two when I watched the whole episode...every week. They really need to start from scratch with this show but where's their incentive? They know people will watch as they do now so why change anything? I think the toughest season was season three (Africa). They were in the middle of nowhere w/o a decent water supply...only the smallest of streams to get water from only to then boil it. They were surrounded by dangerous animals and yet it was one of the most enjoyable seasons...at least for me. They need to revisit a season like that again...make it tough for the contestants like they used to do.

I hated the "reunion" show...why call it a "reunion" when not many people were shown or even talked to. A couple of years ago during the reunion show, I thought it was very disrespectful of Probst to faun over some and ignore the others. This year however really took the cake. I mean...if you don't make the jury and aren't going to be a part of the "reunion" show why bother going? I think if it happens again next season, you'll start seeing people staying home...it would serve the producers right. But until viewers stop watching...nothing is going to change.

Boston Rob...what a camera ham. Just mention a television camera is within the orbit of the Earth and he's all over it...especially a CBS camera. Rob pushing his book, 85 year old Rudy and the nude Richard Hatch were all slaps in the face of the contestants' faces. If you make it on the show, you deserve to be on the "reunion" show...in my opinion and they all deserved to be treated better. I like hearing what people are up to since the show...why else watch?

Anyway...that left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll have to decide if I'll go back to only watching the end of the episode or watch the each week.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #1017
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Does anybody know if there is a new thread for the new season Blood & Water?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #1018
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post

I don't know, but if not someone should make one (spoiler-FREE, of course).

This is NOT a spoiler, but I was SO disgusted by the cast-reveal video. I know they cast controversy on purpose, but good grief...

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1019
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I only saw one pair on a FB ad, and which is why I remembered to ask. But the pair they showed gave me an insight to what the title means.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #1020
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post49423064

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: