Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #931
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Was anyone else glad to see Sherrie basically tell Erik to sit down and shut up? I mean of all people to go off on a rant about strategic play
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #932
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Congrats to Cochran! He deserved to win - he played a very strategic game, knew what his strengths and weaknesses were and used them to his advantage, and he also knew the strengths and weaknesses of the other survivors and played off them. He truly did outwit and outplay the others.

[QUOTE=Wall-E1;48379248]This last season was filmed last year. And that makes sense based on their shooting schedules of the past few years. They have been shooting back to back seasons for the past 4 seasons (2 years), and the seasons are generally filmed at similar locations... Seasons 23 and 24 were filmed back to back in Samoa. Seasons 25 and 26 were filmed back to back in the Philippines. It is cheaper to produce the show this way. That is why one season is put on the air much sooner than another, even though they both may have been filmed in a relatively close span of time.[/QUOTE]

Seeing Brenda so pregnant gave me a little shock - I tend to forget how much time passes between when they filmed the show and when it airs on tv. Kind of stinks for the final 3 - they have to wait months and months to find out who won!

The blood vs. water theme for next season sounds interesting. I wonder if after all these seasons of survivor and the family visits - maybe we'll have more returning players with their family members joining them? Should make for some tight alliances between family members.

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #933
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Was anyone else glad to see Sherrie basically tell Erik to sit down and shut up? I mean of all people to go off on a rant about strategic play

No I thought he had some valid questions, especially since she proclaimed to be the person pulling the strings. She didn't have the clue.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #934
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Happy Cochran won, especially since I'd speculated he would win from the beginning! He did the best overall job at outwitting outplaying and outlasting. I actually got tears in my eyes at how much he's changed since the first time he played.

So this Blood vs. Water thing... what is it? Family members, split up among 4 tribes?

ETA: Ok I just looked it up, it's returning players playing with and against their family members. Sounds cool.

Last edited by Ginny Favers; 05-13-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #935
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
No I thought he had some valid questions, especially since she proclaimed to be the person pulling the strings. She didn't have the clue.
Even so, he was in no position to be the one to call her out on it, much less to make it the entire focus of his rant. Besides, several other people had already made the same point without having to be so dramatic about it.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #936
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
So this Blood vs. Water thing... what is it? Family members, split up among 4 tribes?

If I had to guess, I'd say yes other than the four tribe part. I think it will be two.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #937
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Even so, he was in no position to be the one to call her out on it, much less to make it the entire focus of his rant. Besides, several other people had already made the same point without having to be so dramatic about it.

In fairness to Eric, he only became dramatic when she started yelling and refused to answer her question. I would have really liked to see her explain how she was the one in control of the decisions.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #938
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Yeah- next season sounds very interesting. I am glad Cochran won- he seems like he played the best strategic game. Sherri was deliusional if she thought she did anything in the game!!!! And Dawn, geez, she was annoying. I couldn't believe the teeth came off though at tribal. That was CRAZY!!! Brenda still didn't vote for her.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #939
CupcakeKelly
This sleeve of Thin Mints IS my breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E1 View Post
Happy to see Cochran win. It felt like the ending of Revenge of the Nerds.

Does anyone think that Eric looks like a lost Bee Gee?
I keep on thinking he kind of looks like Leif Garrett.

I honestly can't believe that Sherri had so little self-awareness to realize that she had been taken to the final 3 because she was a non-threat. Cochran winning was the only way it could have played out, but how does the second place prize work when Dawn and Sherri got zero votes?

2014 Reading Challenge - Goal: 25 books
Completed: 6 of 25 - #1 Uglies ~ #2 The Maze Runner ~ #3 The Scorch Trials ~ #4 Matched ~ #5 Crossed ~ #6 Reached

Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
CupcakeKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #940
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Sorry, don't buy it they are now filming it, When spoilers are out already. When the last one was filmed a year ago.
You seem pretty obsessed over the spoilers for this show. That's pretty much all you talk about. We get it, you think you know all the answers. I don't put much stock in them. Who knows who's typing behind the screen, possibly making things up. Waaaaaaiiiit a minute...is that what you do when you're not on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
Love Cochran and I'm so glad he won. IMHO there was no contest between those final three.
I wanted Cochran to win from day one. I loved him the first time around and was happy when he came back. He played a fantastic game. I really don't think anyone else had a chance.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #941
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
In fairness to Eric, he only became dramatic when she started yelling and refused to answer her question. I would have really liked to see her explain how she was the one in control of the decisions.
See, I disagree. She'd already had the same question for 3 other people and he was the only one who insisted on badgering her about it.

Erik was not only not calling the shots, most of the time he wasn't even voting with the majority. He was on the bottom of the losing alliance, so I guess it just bugged me seeing him badger Sherrie about essentially being in the same spot. At least she actually did make some moves early in the game before the tribe reshuffle. And she did position herself as the swing vote a time or two. No, she wasn't in charge like she thought, but Erik never did a thing.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #942
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

When Eric got into that little pissing match with Sherry and she kept telling him to sit down (and he did), had he even said anything to Cochran or did he get badgered into ending his turn?

As soon as Sherry said something about her successful business and 75 employees, I know that sealed her deal. Not that I thought she had any shot, but that was a stupid thing to say.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #943
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
See, I disagree. She'd already had the same question for 3 other people and he was the only one who insisted on badgering her about it.

Erik was not only not calling the shots, most of the time he wasn't even voting with the majority. He was on the bottom of the losing alliance, so I guess it just bugged me seeing him badger Sherrie about essentially being in the same spot. At least she actually did make some moves early in the game before the tribe reshuffle. And she did position herself as the swing vote a time or two. No, she wasn't in charge like she thought, but Erik never did a thing.

I don't remember 3 other people even talking to her, to them she was a non-factor. I think the only one who really asked her to explain herself was Eddie and she didn't answer him.

I don't really care what the jury did in the game, their job is to ask questions. She tried to sell herself as this key person and hadn't explain why she thought that. And she still hasn't.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #944
The Mayor
How about 7"...6" is for rookies
It's the CB, it's not supposed to make sense

[QUOTE=Amy;48380371]Congrats to Cochran! He deserved to win - he played a very strategic game, knew what his strengths and weaknesses were and used them to his advantage, and he also knew the strengths and weaknesses of the other survivors and played off them. He truly did outwit and outplay the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E1 View Post
This last season was filmed last year. And that makes sense based on their shooting schedules of the past few years. They have been shooting back to back seasons for the past 4 seasons (2 years), and the seasons are generally filmed at similar locations... Seasons 23 and 24 were filmed back to back in Samoa. Seasons 25 and 26 were filmed back to back in the Philippines. It is cheaper to produce the show this way. That is why one season is put on the air much sooner than another, even though they both may have been filmed in a relatively close span of time.[/QUOTE]

Seeing Brenda so pregnant gave me a little shock - I tend to forget how much time passes between when they filmed the show and when it airs on tv. Kind of stinks for the final 3 - they have to wait months and months to find out who won!

The blood vs. water theme for next season sounds interesting. I wonder if after all these seasons of survivor and the family visits - maybe we'll have more returning players with their family members joining them? Should make for some tight alliances between family members.

Next season is family members teaming up. I guy I work with niece was on Survivor twice and she was asked back to do blood vs water. She was going to pick her sister but the sister was under contract for another reality show so she asked him. In the end they didn't get picked to do the show.

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid".--John Wayne

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne
The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #945
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I am another that does NOT want Russell and Brandon back. I thought Russell was entertaining the 1st 2 times, but he got old really fast when he came back a 3rd time, now I just can't stand the sight of him. Possibly one of the worst human beings ever.

I actually felt slightly sorry for Dawn and the whole teeth humiliation, but I guess that was Brenda's revenge, which she did get screwed over by Dawn I agree.

I figured once the final 6 hit, Cochran should have won. He did play it out great, he deserved it.

I guess so much for the snake bite spoiler
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: